Be-A_Meal-tp2.jpg

MBC Daily Monday till Friday premiere at 11st January 

Plot

Young-Shin (Jung Woo-Yeon) is in her 20's and she was born with a cooking talent for traditional royal cuisine. She gets involved with people, including Kyung-Soo (Jae Hee), who cares about her.

Main role

ZjEzJ_5s.jpg

as Young Shin
images.jpg
as Kyung Soo
XXj4X_5s.jpg
as Jung Hoon
images-11.jpg
as Lee Da Jung
Edited by Nohamahmoud2002
  • Like 4

Support Role 

Jo Han-Joon - Jang O-Bok

Nam Kyung-Eup - Jong-Kwon

Kim Hye-Ok - Choi Sook-Jung

Byeon Woo-Min - Jong-Soo

Choi Su-Rin - Min-Kyeong

Eru - Sung-Chan

Kim Young-Ho - Park Kyeong-Cheol

Oh Young-Sil - O-Bok's mother

Ahn Nae-Sang - (cameo)

Oh Seung-A - department store VVIP customer (ep.1)

• Like 4
  • 3 weeks later...

I've just started this drama because my mother is watching it and loves it so much. The look and feel of the initial episodes has a real throwback feel to it, so I assumed that there is going to be a major time jump.

On 2/10/2021 at 11:36 AM, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

Oh Bok is in danger because of thugs. He flees the town. Several years passed. JH and DJ graduated from college.

I guess time jump happened. I just haven't caught up to it yet.

Thank you for starting the thread!

@UnniSara, come check this one out and see what you think? I haven't posted final thoughts to Man in a Veil yet because I have some mixed feelings about it. Plus, poor SJ.

• Like 2
  • Party! 1

Btw, I'm not sure yet what the relationship between Kyung Soo and Young Shin is going to be, though we know that they are not siblings. When they first meet, YS is 8, but not sure how old KS is supposed to be. After the time jump, wonder if YS and KS are supposed to develop a love line? Is that even possible when KS has seen YS grow up from a little girl?

Btw, I'm actually amazed at how Jae Hee looks. The man just never ages! He's 40 years old in RL, but it's not unbelievable that he is in his early 20's as he portrays in the early episodes!

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

I will be joining you guys. I will binge watch it this weekend and get all caught up . 
@stroppyse @Nohamahmoud2002 

• Like 1
  • Party! 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

On 1/14/2021 at 11:21 AM, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

The word "숙적 (revenge)"  connects KS with the old woman 

The word isn't really "revenge". It's more like "lifelong enemies" or "hereditary enemies". Anyway, KS and the top chef at the Royal Palace are sworn enemies. Now, I'm wondering if KS is her son that she abandoned or something.

On 1/30/2021 at 2:02 AM, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

I think Oh bok will be paired with DJ. YS seems to like JH. 

OB and DJ do seem as if they will eventually be paired up. Even though, in the episodes I'm watching, DJ and JH are a "campus couple", I think that JH has gotten over his childish idea that DJ is the only one on his level and thus the only one worth knowing of the kids in the village, and the one he really likes now is actually YS. 

I'm not sure that YS likes JH back, though. She likes him, but she seems to like him in the same way that she likes DJ and OB. But YS has lived with the idea that DJ and JH would be together from the time that they were children, so she probably hasn't even thought about JH as anything other than her friend.

Plus, I'm still curious about how the relationship between YS and KS will evolve. He has raised her, but more like an older brother figure rather than a father figure to her.

23 minutes ago, UnniSara said:

I will be joining you guys. I will binge watch it this weekend and get all caught up . 
@stroppyse @Nohamahmoud2002 

Yay! Welcome to binge watching. I'm still catching up on the episodes actually, so I still have quite a bit of binging to catch up as well. Still, I'm actually really liking this drama so far. The 4 children and their families make me laugh and cry with how much they love each other and are there for each other.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Btw, I'm not sure yet what the relationship between Kyung Soo and Young Shin is going to be, though we know that they are not siblings. When they first meet, YS is 8, but not sure how old KS is supposed to be. After the time jump, wonder if YS and KS are supposed to develop a love line? Is that even possible when KS has seen YS grow up from a little girl?

I think YS will be paired with JH. It is not really easy for viewers to view KS who is a father/brother figure as a potential boyfriend. JH loves YS. Oh Bok likes DJ. 

Sorry sorry I looked 숙적 (as enemy) up  before. I got mixed up lol.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

I think YS will be paired with JH. It is not really easy for viewers to view KS who is a father/brother figure as a potential boyfriend. JH loves YS. Oh Bok likes DJ. 

On the one hand, I agree with you that it would be very odd for YS and KS to be together. On the other hand, it could be said that they are the most important ones to each other. KS is already devoted to YS, and I think she would find it very hard to leave KS' side when it comes time to do so.

It's clear that JH loves YS, but YS doesn't return that regard. If anything, YS is still encouraging JH and DJ as they have been a couple since elementary school without recognizing that JH has long ago been closer to herself than to DJ.

Still, this is still early on in the drama, with a lot of twists and turns left.

12 hours ago, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

Sorry sorry I looked 숙적 (as enemy) up  before. I got mixed up lol.

LOL. It happens to all of us. :smile:

Anyway, I hope to get caught up by the weekend.

• Clapping Hands 1

KS meets the old woman. We learn that she worked at his family's restaurant. She tried to seduce his dad. His poor mom committed suicide. 😕😦

So that's why they are enemies.

YS returned the old woman's bribe that she gave to KS to stay away from her and vows revenge.

I have started this drama. First episode PCs is really slow. I will keep watching this drama since you GY’s recommend it. 

@stroppyse You are right Jae Hee ages really well.

• Like 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

Sook Jung doesn’t seem like a nice woman. She is just a greedy person who think very highly of herself. I wonder what is her background, I am only on episode 10.  

Young Shin and Gyung Soo

Are very dependent on each other. They really care for each other ans don’t know how the relationship will develop later. 

Will comment later 

• Like 1

I am all caught up. It started off really slow and continued to grow on me  as the drama progresses. 

Young Shin does love JH. I think when she was younger it was was a crush as she got older her feelings got stronger.  The question is Can she live without him?  I am quiet loss at who will end up together. From the preview it seems YS will be leaving without JH. She will leave  Gyung Soo too because he sacrificed so much for her and she will take it upon herself to leave him so he can finally live and be happy. YS right now feels the Diner family is broken and decide that leaving will keep the rest of the family together. Sacrificing her own happiness for others. I hate these noble idiots ideas.  Her leaving and becoming independent is what will push YS and GS to see each other in another light.  Then another Time Jump for everyone . 
What do think @stroppyse @Nohamahmoud2002

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

I think YS is the old man's daughter (the owner of Royal Palace restaurant)

I think so as well, though we don't know how she ended up with KS' father who left her with KS.

Do you think the son at Royal Palace might like DJ???

Totally. It's going to be one of those story lines where the nephew (not the son of the owner, but the son of the younger brother of the owner) who was raised as an entitled idiot is going to learn some hard lessons by falling for YS and wanting her approval, I think.

17 hours ago, UnniSara said:

I am quiet loss at who will end up together.

I'm a bit unsure about this as well. It does seem as if YS and JH love each other, so I can get behind them being a couple, however, YS probably won't do it because DJ is hurting over losing JH so much, and because it would mean tearing the Diner Family apart, even if KS is trying to bring them back together anyway. As it is, I don't think that YS is able to leave just with JH and leave everyone behind as KS had advised.

Though, to be honest, I was expecting YS and KS to somehow become a couple, though mostly from the way this drama was cast and announced with YS and KS as the leads. In the drama, there is an age gap between the two as well as the fact that KS basically raised YS up, and so it would be hard for them to see each other as romantic prospects versus being a family already.

Anyway, it's up to the drama to show us how this story unfolds. I kind of like the fact that I can't completely guess at how it's going to go.

DJ seems selfish. She was much better in her childhood.

Agreed. I like child DJ a lot better than the college-aged DJ. As a child, she was self-centered, but not beyond normal for a child growing up in a well-loved household. Plus, DJ actually had a warm heart.

The older DJ is much more self-centered, though I believe that she still has a warm heart, and I'm expecting her to find happiness with Oh Bok who has always loved her.

I found the Royal Palace intrigues a bit boring actually, so only watched it in the background. All of them seem rather greedy and grasping, with the possible exception of the actual owner.

• Heart Eyes 1