Hi @Nohamahmoud2002 @stroppyse 

I was thinking the other way. I think GS is the Chairman’s son.

1. He is old enough to be his son. Remember GS was in his twenties when SIl said that the Chairman was waiting for  first love for a long time or for the past twenty years. So they couldn’t be referring Young Shin. It would make sense as to why GS’s father cheated on his wife and she ended up killing herself.

I also think it mentioned that GS took his mother’s last name. Do you guys remember that?  The only mystery we know about is Gyung Soo’s past. I also think O- Bok’s uncle  may have known GS’s grandmother. O-Bok’s uncle once mentioned a name Jung Da-In?? It piqued my interest. Lol 

PS... It is still possible that YS is his child but it doesn’t match the timeline of how long the Chairman was waiting for his first love. 

Yes the Royal Palace is very disgusting place except for the actual owner. His family are leeches 

Spoiler

Preview for episode 30

• Like 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

35 minutes ago, UnniSara said:

I was thinking the other way. I think GS is the Chairman’s son.

But Kyung Soo's father was the one who left Young Shin with KS. It was a cameo by Ahn Nae Sung who dies after he leaves YS with KS.

Whereas YS' father is a mystery since she's only known her mother.

Then again, I guess birth secrets are not exactly unknown territory in k-dramas. :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

But Kyung Soo's father was the one who left Young Shin with KS. It was a cameo by Ahn Nae Sung who dies after he leaves YS with KS.

Whereas YS' father is a mystery since she's only known her mother.

Then again, I guess birth secrets are not exactly unknown territory in k-dramas. :laugh:

YS’s father is a mystery, it could be revealed or it could not. We will have to wait and see.  

I haven’t had the chance to watch episode 29 yet with subs. 
One thing bothered me is that the synopsis says that Young Shin has talent for cooking but never mentioned that it was Jung Gyung-Soo who taught everything she knows. She learned to love to cook from him so he is the talent to be reckoned. 

Even Jong-Kwon acknowledged his cooking , his exact words - -> ( he is not simple).  
I wished they had let us viewers know if GS had any dream because he seems so relax. I really feel sad for this character. He seems so lonely but when he is with YS he seems so happy. I really wish he can be happy. 

• Like 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

Min-Kyeong and her husband ( Jong-Soo) really annoy me. They are selfish and greedy. They think so highly of themselves but they are nothing without  Jong-Kwon. LOL LOL 

hahah aha 

Spoiler

• Like 1

Everyone 

Jung Hoon is probably getting married. He told Young Shim he is dating someone but why do I get the feeling he is trying to sound her out. Like always she is going to be dumb about it and he will get married. Than JH will regret his decision when she finally moves on. Honestly I don’t feel anything when they are both on screen. She really keeps her emotions close to her chest . 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, UnniSara said:

Min-Kyeong and her husband ( Jong-Soo) really annoy me. They are selfish and greedy. They think so highly of themselves but they are nothing without  Jong-Kwon. LOL LOL 

hahah aha 

Well well this couple are annoying the old lady, so for me I like what they are doing lol. She really needs someone to dig in for her past.

Edited by Nohamahmoud2002
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

The Chairman SIL told the truth about the soup test result and put the blamed on his wife. The witch was so shocked. I kinda loved watching the way these two keep fighting for dominance in this family. I wonder does the SIL think the chairman should be lonely because only her son matters. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

@UnniSara I am still in ep 27. From one of the previews I noticed how the chairman looks at KS. I think he might be his son after all lol.

@Nohamahmoud2002Of course he is, I recognized it by the way they both smile. Their smile is so wide and he looks at him with so much longing. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

5 hours ago, UnniSara said:

@Nohamahmoud2002Of course he is, I recognized it by the way they both smile. Their smile is so wide and he looks at him with so much longing. 

How about YS? Do you think she will find her parents too? 

Remember the guy who is the son of the chairman's brother? I guessed right that he will be involved with one of the friends DJ or YS lol. 

This drama is far better than the toxic drama Miss Monte Cristo

Edited by Nohamahmoud2002
  • Like 1
13 hours ago, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

How about YS? Do you think she will find her parents too? 

Remember the guy who is the son of the chairman's brother? I guessed right that he will be involved with one of the friends DJ or YS lol. 

This drama is far better than the toxic drama Miss Monte Cristo

I agree 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

On 3/10/2021 at 5:21 AM, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

DJ is working at Royal Palace too. Do you think she will like the young man? I am a bit behind 

Chingu take your time . I really can't stand DJ and i don't get where the jealousy is coming from. It is so pathetic.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

wow YS might be saved

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886d956a7546e6c909afc

Did DJ  finally wake up ??

Spoiler

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Choi Sook-Jun is really evil. She doesn’t love anyone other than herself. Watching her planning to ruin Jyung Soo if she gets divorced. I was truly disgusted by her. 

Jong-Kwon realized that YS is in love with KS but she still hasn’t realized it. He also is against them ever being together. He stated he is open minded . The writer has left this choice out there to let them make the choice. 

KS is going start dating so that YS can move on and be more independent. KS’s life is about to be shattered soon.  I still can’t believe that CSJ is his mom. To have such a terrible mom can ruin his prospects of marriage. She will be a thorn of he ever gets married.  I love that the Chairman is looking out for both of them KS and YS. They really need more parental guidance other than the Dining Family.  

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

This drama is finished, but I thought it worthwhile writing some thoughts about it. I stopped posting about it, but I did keep watching it (mostly) and watched the ending. I'm a bit torn about the ending actually.

The charm of this drama is how it brings a neighborhood together into an ad hoc family in a way that is disappearing from Korea even in more rural communities. There is always a warm meal ready for the person who wants or needs it, and the meal fills more than just the stomach, it actually also warms your heart that there are people who care about you and sincerely want to know what's going on with you and gives you the energy to carry on with life regardless of what comes. Thus the title of this drama that people should become like a meal for other people.

The drama was more enjoyable when the children were younger and going through their issues, since adulthood brought its share of intrigues and trials that were much harder to go through and couldn't always be resolved. Also, the inevitable romantic entanglements and jealousies were something that needed time and patience to resolve.

Da Jung who had been the Queen Bee of the group in their youth, saw her position being usurped by Young Shin who was smarter and more talented than her as adults, inevitably attracting more people to her. Including Jung Hoon who had asked Da Jung out when they were children since Da Jung represented the wealth, the respected position, and the stability that Jung Hoon was seeking as a child. The expectation was that Da Jung and Jung Hoon would one day get married. However, Jung Hoon had always been closer to Young Shin as friends, and inevitably he had to admit his feelings of love for Young Shin instead, finally breaking up with Da Jung. Da Jung didn't take this well, and harbored resentment against Young Shin, leading to a betrayal of their friendship.

Da Jang herself is loved by Oh Bok who made up the 4th member of their quartet. Not a good student, but extremely loyal to his friends, Oh Bok was a bit of a class clown and troublemaker growing up. But he has always consistently been in love with Da Jung since they were children, even though he knew that Da Jung would ultimately be with someone else. When Da Jung betrays Young Shin and does unthinkable things to other members of their village family, Oh Bok is the one who is loyally by her side, even though he doesn't hesitate to tell Da Jung that she's wrong.

Young Shin herself has feelings for Jung Hoon, though ultimately, she falls in love with Kyung Soo, the man who raised her as a child after her mother, then her grandmother died. Young Shin had been left with Kyung Soo by his estranged father, and we ultimately find out why he had done so. Anyway, it's rather scandalous that Kyung Soo and Young Shin who had a father-daughter relationship end up falling in love with each other. An amnesia trope for Kyung Soo is used to enable him to love Young Shin as much as he wants without the feelings of guilt and impropriety that prevented him from doing so when he's in his right mind. Their relationship is ultimately doomed, however.

In addition to the stories of the children and their parents in this village neighborhood, there is also an overarching story about the politics behind a grand Korean restaurant and the family who owns it. There are implications for Young Shin and Kyung Soo in that fight. And, it's in that fight, that the more evil characteristics of human nature are shown, leading to plenty of frustrations for the viewers.

Namely, we see that the new wife of the chairman of the restaurant is a scheming manipulator who has been angling for the position, both as wife of the chairman and to take control of the restaurant, for any number of years, and is willing to do anything and everything to protect her position and assets. Unfortunately, she's also Kyung Soo's mother and the one who caused Young Shin's mother to die.  So, between this and the romance between Kyung Soo and Young Shin, it went straight into makjang territory.

Still, the story ultimately was about going back to your roots and to your family. I thought that the evil-doers in this drama was forgiven far too easily, but that's the way it is with Korean family dramas. They forgive things that really should be treated as a crime. Oh well.

One last ending spoiler in the spoiler.

Spoiler

Kyung Soo ultimately dies from an incurable illness, I think it was cancer. But, it was finding that out as much as anything that caused him to put Young Shin and Jung Hoon together rather than allowing Young Shin to keep loving himself.

Knowing that he's dying is also what triggers his forgiveness of his mother who had totally abandoned him when he was a baby, and had only tried to use him for her own gain once they met back up as adults.

Young Shin finally accepts that Kyung Soo will die, but in turn vows to treat his mother as if she were her own mother. I don't know about others, but I have a hard time thinking that I could treat the woman who killed my own mother as my mother with all the respect and affection that would be due. She also finally accepts Jung Hoon, realizing that is what Kyung Soo really wants.

So, Kyung Soo dies after watching Young Shin and Jung Hoon get married.

I just felt so badly for Kyung Soo! Waahhh! He had such a hard life, then inherited a young child to raise as a young man himself, even giving up his own chance to get married in order to raise her. Then, he falls in love with his charge, but that is an absolutely forbidden relationship for SK, and he understands that. Then he finds out the mother who abandoned him is trying to destroy Young Shin, his charge and his love, and has to try to block that. And, then he finds out that he has a terminal illness. So, he gives the woman he loves to another man who loves her, and then he dies.

I admit that I cried for Kyung Soo at the end.  Poor Kyung Soo. :cry:

I don't know if I would recommend this drama. There were so many sweet parts, but then the final part of this drama went so sad. The resolutions weren't really that satisfying since the punishments didn't really fit the crimes, and it was really just kumbaya for all. Well, except for poor Kyung Soo. :PiplupCry: