Hong Cheon Gi / Red Sky 홍천기 [2021]

202108271048002410_2.jpg

The male protagonist of "Hongcheongi" Haram is intriguing prospective viewers with his mysterious appearance with red eyes. Haram, who was surrounded by a huge fate as a child, lost his sight in an accident and had red eyes. The secret and connection of Haram's red eyes make the big story of "Hongcheongi."

The production team of "Hongcheongi" unveiled on the 27th that maximizes Haram's mysterious life. Haram is an officer at Seomungwan in charge of astronomy, geography, and feng shui during the day, and lives secretly as Ilwolseong, the head of Wolseongdang, an intelligence organization.

Haram, as the officer  at Seomungwan, and Ilwolseong, as the head of Wolseongdang, are different from each other. Haram is a person who is trusted by King Seongjo in the Dan Dynasty palace. He can't see, but he has excellent ability to see through the heavens. He is a man with a mysterious atmosphere who draws attention with his refined appearance and beautiful appearance, but listens to people's murmur with his red eyes.

However, it is more secretive when it appears as Ilwolseong. He appears wearing a mask to hide his identity. The reason why Haram lives in Ilwolseong is also related to red eyes. Among them, Haram, who is living here, is curious about how she will meet the heroine Hong Cheon-gi. In addition, viewers are paying keen attention to how Haram will solve the story of his red eyes.

Ahn Hyo-seop is rumored to have made various efforts to play Haram. It's because he has to show Haram's different side of him living in secret. It is also said that he carefully cared about the eyes, in how he walked, and learned how to play geomungo, martial arts, and horseback riding.  The production team of "Hongcheonki" said, "I hope you look forward to the appearance of Haram, which show Ahn Hyo-seop's passion and effort, and various charms."

https://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202108271048002410

I saw this on Naver Chat. Cute

E9w6vkgVgAIkspB?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 7

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

11 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@akikisetsu Ooo didn't realise they are done with filming. I am very nervous for all these historical dramas now after JE which I was so looking forward to. 

Wow...teaser for OST 1 is out too. Love 

I think one of the production staff shared an IG story about their filming end, and it was reposted by a KYJ-stan account.  I think it took them more or less 9 months, which is quite long.  But that stan account did mentioned that Jang PD is known to be quite meticulous, which I hope will be good for editing and such.  Less for the visual aesthetics but more for "checking". 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2
23 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@akikisetsu Ooo didn't realise they are done with filming. I am very nervous for all these historical dramas now after JE which I was so looking forward to. 

Actually, I'm happy that it was all pre-filmed. It's more likely that way that all the episodes will air regardless of how the k-netz take it. Though it seems as if the PD is taking the public sentiment into account.

I do think it's become harder for fictionalized accounts of historical figures to be filmed, but I think it's the fault of both the production teams and the viewers. The viewers may be tired of fusion sageuks for the most part, unless it's clearly being played for laughs. They also seem tired of possible defamation of public historical figures, especially since these stories are being exported to the rest of the world. They don't want all of their kings to be seen as bloodthirsty, crazy, sex-mad lunatics, I guess?

The productions however kept pushing the envelope to make more sensational stories to attract viewers, and also look for ways to appeal to a broader market, more specifically China which can be a huge market for them, and with whom Korea has a bit of an intertwined history anyway. However taking on too much of a foreign influence in historical times whether Chinese or Western or other is something that would need to be backed up by history rather than the writers' imaginations since that compromises the integrity of Korean history which they can be protective about. They're pretty proud of having been the Hermit Kingdom for so long, able to repel all invaders.

Also, fact-checking has become much, much easier these days than it used to be, so if it makes more productions a bit more cautious about how they utilize historical figures and actions, I'm okay with it. But, it still goes that having a good story for the drama is the most important thing. I mean, at the end of the day, we're watching dramas not documentaries. :smile:

I think I'm looking forward to this drama, but this year has had so many misses for me, that I'm only cautiously optimistic.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 7

@mademoiselleThe chart looks like there will be a lot of characters :psweatduck:.

I was watching some of the vids of him speaking English . He was good - guess cause his family had moved to Canada. Hmm he looks nice here. Did a pictorial for Elle Sept Issue

Potential oppa adoption for me.

87883_94026_1049.jpg

Spoiler

87883_94027_1121.jpg

Spoiler

87883_94029_1223.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@abs-oluteM He can sing quite well too (idol trainee with GOT7 - Jin Young them all but didn't make it). Oh, he also performed with Do Hyun and another co-star for SBS drama awards. I showed you the video before.

Spoiler

He also did a dance with Kim Seul Gi ♥ for their webdrama as a token of thanks for the fans

Spoiler

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Watching points as show broadcasts tonight

"Hong Chun-gi" is drawing attention as a dramatic version of the novel of the same name by Jeong Eun-kwang, the original author of "Sungkyunkwan Scandal" and "Moon Embracing the Sun," which were box office hits. Adapted by setting the background as "The Dan Dynasty," "Hongcheon-gi" unfolds a fantasy world in which transcendent beings such as ear, horse, and god, and depicts the affectionate love of lovers intertwined with red destiny. Ha Eun, who co-wrote "Be Melodramatic " was in charge of the script, and added new character relationships, conflicts, and triangular romance to the original story to create a richer one. 

■ "History drama goddess" Kim Yoo-jung X "Popular actor" Ahn Hyo-seop 

Kim Yoo-jung and Ahn Hyo-seop's exciting chemistry is already calling for the viewers to watch the show. Kim Yoo-jung, who chose a historical drama five years after "Moonlight Drawn by Clouds," devoted herself to painting practice for the role of genius painter Hong Chun-ki. Ahn Hyo-seop, who emerged as a representative actor in his 20s with "Romantic Doctor Kim Sa-bu 2," plays the charming role of Haram, who carryies the secret of red eyes, and was he is ready to impress us again. In addition, Gong Myung, the youngest detective in "Extreme Job," plays Grand Prince Yang Myung, an art-loving entertainer, forming a love triangle romance. Kwak Si-yang, who played an impressive role in Alice, plays the role of  Grand Prince Joohyang, an ambitious person who dreams of becoming a throne, and inspires tension in the play.

■ 'Master of Production' Jang Tae-yu's fantastic visual beauty preview!

Director Jang Tae-yu's directing, which will feature solid stories and actors' passionate performances through videos, is also a point to watch. Director Jang Tae-yu mentioned his previous works at the production presentation, raising expectations by saying, "Hong Chun-gi is a comprehensive film that combines fantasy melodrama from  Moon Embracing the Star, political historical drama from Tree with Deep Roots, and artistic historical drama from The Painter of Wind ." In particular, director Jang Tae-yu is well-known for his sensuous directing and beautiful visual beauty. Attention is focusing on how to perform the production experience that has been accumulated in "Hongcheongi."

■ Full of rich and colorful actors with powerful acting skills!

Actors such as Kim Kwang-kyu, Jang Hyun-sung, and Cho Seong-ha, who will fill the drama, add to the heavyness and abundance. In Baekyuhwadan and Hwasuwon, where Hong Cheon-gi paints, Choi Won-ho (played by Kim Kwang-gyu), Han Geon (played by Jang Hyun-sung), and King Seong-jong (played by Cho Seong-ha) and Secretary of State (played by Chae Kuk-hee) add on to various stories. In addition, people who look like humans such as Samshin Grandmother (Moon Sook), Horong (Tiger God), painting, and goblin will add to the mystery of the drama.

http://www.topdaily.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=115304

8 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM He can sing quite well too (idol trainee with GOT7 - Jin Young them all but didn't make it). Oh, he also performed with Do Hyun and another co-star for SBS drama awards. I showed you the video before.

Reveal hidden contents

He also did a dance with Kim Seul Gi ♥ for their webdrama as a token of thanks for the fans

Reveal hidden contents

Yes, I have seen these. :love: Let's see if he can impress me in this historical.

• Like 4

From whatever I could live stream, the 1st eps focused on their intertwined and somewhat tragic childhoods. Also we also got to see Kwak Si Yang as the young prince. From whatever I understand, there was a drought and they needed to make a sacrifice to the demon king to bring on the rain.

I am going to check Naver to see if articles are out.

• Like 3

Park Jae Eon is really following us here too?! :shocked2::jiminbtssigh::laugh:

rROpdaU.png

Samshin, the Demon God, and the God of Balance were once one body, before the Demon God destroyed the God of Balance, splitting off from Samshin. Did I understand that correctly?

I enjoyed watching this first episode. I thought the young actors who play Ha Ram and Cheon Gi were super adorable. The greed of the young prince is showing at such an early age. Random, but the moment I saw that the actor was Park Sang Hoon, I automatically thought he was going to be a villain. I have River Where the Moon Rises to thank for that thought. Haha! 

Seems like the adult actors will appear in tomorrow's episode. Can't wait to see them all! 

Red-Sky-07-smaller.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2