Hong Cheon Gi / Red Sky 홍천기 [2021]

Hong Cheon-Ki-p1SM01.jpg

Hong Cheon Gi

홍천기

(aka Red Sky)

Director: Jang Tae Yoo

Writer: Jung Eun Gwol (novel), Kim Young Young (screenplay)

Broadcast: SBS

Broadcast date: TBC

No. of episodes: 16

Main Cast:

Kim Yoo Jung - Hong Cheon Ki

Ahn Hyo Seop - Ha Ram

Gong Mong - Yi Yool / Prince An Pyeong

Kwak Shi Yang - Prince Su Yang

Based on a popular 2 volume novel by Jung Eun Gwol that mixes the real Hong Cheon Gi who was the only female painter accepted into the Korean Royal Academy of Painting in the Joseon era with fictional characters and events.

Hong Cheon Gi who was born blind, but miraculously regained her eyesight to become a brilliant, much lauded painter. One day, she meets Ha Ram, an officer at the Seowoongwan, the royal office in charge of astronomy, astroloy, meterology, and geography. Even though Ha Ram is blind, he is able to divine the stars. Hong Cheon Gi falls in love with him, and decides she must draw him.

Prince An Pyong is the heir to the throne, but is a romantic, gentle spirit who is deeply lonely inside. Prince Su Yang is an ambitious prince who wants to take the throne.

SBS drama page

add credits: asianwiki.com, mydramalist.com, wikipedia.org

Note on the alternate title: Red Sky is a literal translation of Hong Cheon Gi's name. Hong means Red in Korean while Cheon Gi means Sky.

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

Both Hong Cheon Gi and Ha Ram are blind; however, Hong Cheon Gi recovered her eyesight whereas Ha Ram has not (and may not). Did I get that correct? I guess that explains AHS's eyes in the teaser. I didn't look into the synopsis at the time I watched it and thought there must be more to it. Thanks for creating this thread!! 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh found the thread here!! I think this is going to be good as the trailer shows. 

On 1/2/2021 at 11:14 AM, Tofu said:

Both Hong Cheon Gi and Ha Ram are blind; however, Hong Cheon Gi recovered her eyesight whereas Ha Ram has not (and may not). Did I get that correct? I guess that explains AHS's eyes in the teaser. I didn't look into the synopsis at the time I watched it and thought there must be more to it. Thanks for creating this thread!! 

Yup I read the synopsis and it looks like this way. Ahh... I love that more saeguk are coming this new year! Well many of them but just found some that I really feel excited for. 

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Like 4
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

@mademoiselle teaser looks good. Hmmm tempting.

@stroppysecan trouble you to translate if you have time?

Yes! It looks really good - well ok, Ahn Hyo Seop looks really good :lmao2: Think if you wait a bit, YT SBS Now may have English version (I've replaced with YT version above now that it is out).

Tag @Tofu

:jiminbtssigh: Viki and VIU got the streaming rights. You have VIU too, right @abs-oluteM?

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

You will. No matter what Asians are the one who watch more Kdramas than Westerners.

Yeah, I can only watch if they upload on iQIYI or TencentVideo. Otherwise, I have to either watch on a third party website or wait until they are available through the streaming services I have. Everything should just be on Netflix, right?! But I supposed that would put Viki and the other streaming platforms out of business if everything released is on Netflix. :laugh:

The trailer looks amazing! I'm super excited for this now. No release date yet?

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Kim Yoo Jung & Ahn Hyo Seop become entangled in a fantasy love story in 1st teaser for SBS's 'The Red Sky'
Source

A stunning new fantasy historical romance to steal your hearts, SBS's 'The Red Sky' is finally coming at the end of this month!

Starring Kim Yoo Jung and Ahn Hyo Seop, 'The Red Sky' tells the story of two destined lovers and their intertwined fates. Kim Yoo Jung plays the role of a talented artist named Hong Chun Gi, while Ahn Hyo Seop takes on the role of a man who can read the stars, Ha Ram.

In the first teaser for the drama series, Ha Ram instantly catches the attention of viewers with his glowing red eyes, as he mysteriously states, "Even if I loved you, I am already a dead man." The teaser then fades to glimpses of Hong Chun Gi and Ha Ram's encounters both in the past and present, as Ha Ram asks, "Did you wait for me?", and Hong Chun Gi answers, "I can never forget you."

Also starring Gong Myung, Kwak Si Yang, and more, SBS's 'The Red Sky' is coming to the small-screen this August 30 at 10 PM KST! Will you be watching the emotional fantasy romance?

Share this article

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am