Hong Cheon Gi / Red Sky 홍천기 [2021]

Yes!! Baekhyun, his voice never fail to impress me, I remember listening to his singing ost RTDK before. 

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

Baekhyun, Ailee, Punch, Mamamoo and the other guy I'm not sure who

Cant wait for the rest to release soon, i like Punch too!! My fave singer when it cones to drama ost, Ailee and mamamoo are great as well. A good drama with extraordinary ost, well matched!

Is it me? The one person who lives in your heart
The one person who you endlessly long for
Even if you deny it, even if you say you hate me
I’ll be by your side like fate

These are the parts that felt pretty deep, I love the song. Aaahh.  I have rewatched the episodes once more and the wait is really hard, :heiboi:

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 1

@Alice Wonderland @mademoiselle 

The OST  line up is exciting. I love the 1st OST - already on my playlist. 

13 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

when i see this, first thing i think of is you my dear....just knew you're going to ended up doing this hahahaha

Must appreciate la....ahahaha you see his prep work was so hardcore :smile:

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611ca5b5539d5e7f1c47b

@mademoiselle after watching with subs, it seems like the old king ( the one who died) had been using the demon to strengthen his power or solidify his reign but I think things got out of hand so that was when he ordered HaRam's dad to trap the demon in the picture. But it was cruel and unfair that he wanted to kill the father then in spite of how the father was successful. I wonder if it because the king was worried that HR's dad is too powerful. Anyhow , HR's dad still died and HR was later raised in the palace by the present king. HR remembers right what happened to the father though he pretends not to do so in front of the king? 

The other thing that I have misunderstood when watching raw was I thought that he had already realised who she was. He hasn't but he keeps wondering why the childhood memories keep resurfacing when they met. Also he owns that art shop / gallery where she sells her replica to- it is his front for the information he sells. I know in at least two other historical shows that they always have this sort of places that "sells info"  like some sort of private intelligence agency- I remember this in 7 Day Queen. 

Love the 1st two episodes & cannot wait to see more. Have to add that Kwak Si Yang is doing a fine job as the ambitious prince.

• Like 7

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

20 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I know in at least two other historical shows that they always have this sort of places that "sells info"  like some sort of private intelligence agency- I remember this in 7 Day Queen. 

Or the book store, they pick these places for exchanging informations and do some business deal. I think many saeguk also has this typical selection of their secret hideout.

Spoiler

Ah, 7DQ is quite disappointing for me. At first it was really good but start from the middle it went to its downfall. The ending is tragic and there r so many misunderstanding which actually could be resolve. I think most of them there are having their trust issues as palace is the place where you dont know who you can really give your trust. I hate the ending that they only can meet in old age or something like that. Lols. 

I think HR is investigating sort of things behind the command that killed his dad. And the current king thinks he lost his memories. The demon awaken probably not only giving him some bad luck but also great power to deal with those evil shaman and the second prince, forgot his name. I think even the demon is awaken, it couldn't completely taking over HR.and if HR is threaten, I believe as long as he cant get his eyes back, his power wont enough to get him free from him. Eerrr.. is this too confusing, am I overthiking this too much probably, hahaha

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1
42 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Love the 1st two episodes & cannot wait to see more. Have to add that Kwak Si Yang is doing a fine job as the ambitious prince.

True. He's very convincing as a villain.

43 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Anyhow , HR's dad still died and HR was later raised in the palace by the present king. HR remembers right what happened to the father though he pretends not to do so in front of the king?

This is where I'm confused cos he seems to want to seek revenge on the royals in general. Feigning amnesia was just an act. He has a plan just that we don't know how he plans to execute it. When Ha Ram's father died, the old king is already dead so it would mean the current king still order to kill? It's contradictory coz he didn't want to do human sacrifice so why would he order to kill Ha Ram

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

When Ha Ram's father died, the old king is already dead so it would mean the current king still order to kill? It's contradictory coz he didn't want to do human sacrifice so why would he order to kill Ha Ram

Yes, you are right. The current king is selfish too and I think he saw that HR was special and wanted to keep him close. He mentioned that at the end to HR to keep a look at the stars - his prince / sons right?

Gong Myung's character is painted as happy go lucky and a little conceited. Is he the other love interest? I'd rather her best friend , the one they call Nuisance or was it Frown ( Viu subs) - the one who gave the lecture be the potential rival. But anyhow HaRam's charisma is so strong , cannot possibly have SLS.

@Alice WonderlandYes sobs....7Day Queen ....

Spoiler

really broke my heart. I hated the ending too but it was a good drama on the whole. YWJ and PMY did have great chemistry and I bought their love story . LDG as the jealous and conflicted King was very good too. 

• Like 5

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

8 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Gong Myung's character is painted as happy go lucky and a little conceited. Is he the other love interest?

Let me answer, haha, based on dramas roles, he will be the other love interest who will fall for the female lead, you see she has left a great impression when he sees her with that broom attacks. Lols

10 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

the one they call Nuisance or was it Frown ( Viu subs) - the one who gave the lecture be the potential rival. But anyhow HaRam's

I am qyite fond of how they translated their names in english as Nuisance and Frown, they seems describing their nicknames, id like to know whats the korean word for these, my ears couldnt catch it clear, haha

You right, I sense of these guys are also having a crush to HCG, they way he sees her is a bit different. I could tell it's more than just a look for your female friend. 

IKR!! I never have sls when HR is AHS. Lols

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1
On 8/31/2021 at 6:33 PM, mademoiselle said:

I love episode 1! The child actors were fabulous in their roles! Reminds me of The Moon that Embraces the Sun where the episodes of the child actors were also very enjoyable. The graphics are really well done too.

The bit I am confused is the bit where the Demon was in the former king's body. I thought the narration tells us that he was sealed inside a painting?

The child acting as young Ha Ram is the actor playing LDH's younger brother in Youth of May, @abs-oluteM! :D I think he's another one that will grow up to be a handsome adult actor, hahaha. Actor Park Sang Hoon is another child actor with potential, I remember him from Dr. John, playing a patient who also cannot feel pain and in Do You Like Brahms? as Park Joon Young.

@Tofu OMG, what is it with the butterfly reference :PsyWhat:! Yeah you got it right, Samshin (sam = 3, shin = god) was 3 deities in one body and Demon (looks like Niu Mo Wang/Bull Demon King or a mixture of it with Lord of the Rings' Balrog). I'm not even sure why the Deity of Birth seems to be more powerful than the Demon and yet she doesn't tame/capture him herself.

@NiteWalker Cheon Ki was cursed by the Demon and became blind. To compensate it, Deity of Birth paired her up with Ha Ram. She tricked Bull Demon to enter Ha Ram's body & locked him in there. Since the eyes are the source of Demon's energy, she took away Ha Ram's sight and gave it to Cheon Ki. When the time is right, the eyesight will return to Ha Ram (poor boy, what did he do to deserve this?)

Anyway, it's a very interesting and solid first episode. I'm totally invested because the children did an excellent job. I don't know who the female kid playing young Cheon Ki but she is cute and matches really well with young Ha Ram. Now we'll need their adult counterpart to have the same chemistry and carry the rest of the story.

@ktcjdrama Low on drama? Check this one out.

The Demon was inside the former king's body because he borrowed the power of the demon to conquer the dan dynasty and secure the throne. But he feared the demon's power and because he has already conquered the kingdom  he decided to seal the demon in the painting.

37 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Yes, you are right. The current king is selfish too and I think he saw that HR was special and wanted to keep him close. He mentioned that at the end to HR to keep a look at the stars - his prince / sons right?

Gong Myung's character is painted as happy go lucky and a little conceited. Is he the other love interest? I'd rather her best friend , the one they call Nuisance or was it Frown ( Viu subs) - the one who gave the lecture be the potential rival. But anyhow HaRam's charisma is so strong , cannot possibly have SLS.

@Alice WonderlandYes sobs....7Day Queen ....

Hide contents

really broke my heart. I hated the ending too but it was a good drama on the whole. YWJ and PMY did have great chemistry and I bought their love story . LDG as the jealous and conflicted King was very good too. 

No. Those assassins who murdered Haram's father was bound by the former king's word. Remember when Haram's father asked why they are trying to kill him when the king has died 10 years ago?  The Inquisitor's answer was "Even if 100 years has passed the King's order is heaven ordained" and it must be also because of the Shaman woman

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Hi @Vil_Lyn. Welcome to JangHaven and to the thread. Glad you came here to chat . 

9 minutes ago, Vil_Lyn said:

No. Those assassins who murdered Haram's father was bound by the former king's word. Remember when Haram's father asked why they are trying to kill him when the king has died 10 years ago?  The Inquisitor's answer was "Even if 100 years has passed the King's order is heaven ordained" and it must be also because of the Shaman woman

ahhh okay. Makes more sense now. So that is why the current King expelled the shaman woman right?

Also for Kwak Si Yang's character - during his childhood when he saw the locked up painting, why did he suddenly say that the throne was his ?  As if he was wronged?

Isn't he the 2nd son anyway and that the crown will not go to him right?

• Like 6

16 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

When the attention is on his eyes, mine was on his eyelashes!

I noticed his eyebrows more than his red eyes. :laugh:

33.gif

22.gif

Credit

I was going to come back to write my thoughts but honestly, I'm feeling a bit lazy and I think everyone has said everything I wanted to say already. I'm glad @NiteWalker is back in Korean dramaland. I'll make sure to keep bugging you to watch it so you don't forget. Haha!

@mademoiselle The last person from the OST list is Yang Da-Il. 

@Vil_Lyn Ahh!! Thank you for that clarification! Because they were not able to carry out the former King's order to kill Ha Ram's father back then, they still needed to finish the job regardless. Also, welcome to JH! Please continue to share your thoughts with us! :smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Heart Eyes 1
18 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

y fave singer when it cones to drama ost, Ailee and mamamoo are great as well. A good drama with extraordinary ost, well matched!

My favorite singer for drama OST is Ailée and Davichi @Alice Wonderland.  

5 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

no worries, personally i really like Kim YooJung even though her past projects hasnt been impressing me after 'Love in the Moonlight' and seeing her here, she seems a bit different...more establish in certain way she handle herself

Hi @NiteWalker are you watching this too. I love Kim Yoo Jung , I have seen some drama she has been in and she is so awesome, So talented. Every project she is in , I always see something different in her performance. 

@Tofu  I  love your GiF’s , how did you get his eyes to be so bright. 

The Main leads chemistry is is just on point, even as children the chemistry was there. 

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

7 minutes ago, UnniSara said:

ha ha ha  Hi @NiteWalker are you watching this too. I love Kim Yoo Jung , I have seen some drama she has been in and she is so awesome, So talented. Every project she is in , I always see something different in her performance. 

lols yea....im up to episode 2 for now....waiting for episode 3....im been spoiled by CDrama where i can fast track very fast lols

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
5 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

lols yea....im up to episode 2 for now....waiting for episode 3....im been spoiled by CDrama where i can fast track very fast lols

I am still on episode 2, didn’t finish it because I need to get to work.  These episodes are so long. Smh smh 

I want to make gifs but I have to wait until I get home to do it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

6 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

told you we been spoiled by the CDrama lols....things are short and real fast lols

I agree  we have been spoiled terribly. Lol

I will come back later to comment on the other post on my opinion of the first two episodes.  I have so much to say. Going to collect my thoughts and write it out

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

17 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Hi @Vil_Lyn. Welcome to JangHaven and to the thread. Glad you came here to chat . 

ahhh okay. Makes more sense now. So that is why the current King expelled the shaman woman right?

Also for Kwak Si Yang's character - during his childhood when he saw the locked up painting, why did he suddenly say that the throne was his ?  As if he was wronged?

Isn't he the 2nd son anyway and that the crown will not go to him right?

Thanks for the warm welcome. 😊

My thoughts would be the current king was most likely involve too on the attempt of killing Haram's father. As they were discussing about the rain ritual he has this line "So this time, it is his son". So he's contemplating and maybe harbouring some guilt. In the end his council was able to persuade him to not sacrifice Haram. He specifically ordered that to the shaman but the shaman did not obey because she knows a human sacrifice is needed for the ritual to work. So she performed the ritual and so Haram died but thanks to the demon's power he was revived. 

As for Jooyang. That's because of greed. He was frustrated everytime he sees his brother. Because Jooyang is ambitious. He compared his life to a guelder flower he feels like he is  only for decoration and can't do anything. He was enticed by the words of the demon. If ever he gets his hands on the demon he'll be powerful enough to snatch the throne.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
On 9/1/2021 at 10:23 AM, abs-oluteM said:

I wonder if it because the king was worried that HR's dad is too powerful. Anyhow , HR's dad still died and HR was later raised in the palace by the present king. HR remembers right what happened to the father though he pretends not to do so in front of the king? 

both kings ( old and New) wanted HR's dad to die because it reminded them of being weak and of the terrible things had happened with the demon.  I think the old king new exactly what he was doing witht he demon. Once he achieved what he wanted, he needed to get rid of it. He was only planning to use this power for his reign can be at peace. But the demon relaized he was used , so he decided to Curse them for their betrayal. 

19 years the shaman was under the old king and I beleve HR's father was under the new kings employ.  Ha Ram lost/forgotten memories from the time he met Cheon Ki. 

On 9/1/2021 at 11:01 AM, Alice Wonderland said:

I think even the demon is awaken, it couldn't completely taking over HR.and if HR is threaten, I believe as long as he cant get his eyes back, his power wont enough to get him free from him. Eerrr.. is this too confusing, am I overthiking this too much probably, hahaha

Yes the Demon is awakebut for some reason he doesn't have complete controll over Ha Ram. 

• Like 5

Thanks for the insights @Vil_Lyn @UnniSara. I think I need to rewatch the 1st eps...there was something about the demon bit about how there were 3 of them....that got me a bit confused. And I think was it you @mademoiselle who brought up about the goblin thing?  I was confused there too. 
If I am understanding correctly, CG's dad who was also there at the 1st ritual became crazy because of he had eye contact with the demon? 

Hmmm my new crush....for Elle Pictorial. Does talk about the drama but no subs yet.

Full interview here...will need to use translator to read

https://www.elle.co.kr/article/58142

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

9 hours ago, UnniSara said:

Yes the Demon is awakebut for some reason he doesn't have complete controll over Ha Ram. 

....somehow i do not think that the demon was meant to be able to gain the full control of any human being, he just need a human body to co-exist? 

that's what happen with the old king after all....the demon king resides in his body and at the same times the old king still maintain his own conscious mind as well as thoughts, just maybe there will be certain thing that is control by demon king to certain extend.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Yeah it was me who mentioned the goblin. @abs-oluteMSomehow I thought it was subbed as that when I watched it at the dark side. But my downloaded (with Viki sub) didn't mention that!

3 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

How about if we ask our fairy translator here @abs-oluteM :SquirtleNiceAhah: cuz I need to know what he says there. Some I can understand without subs but those are just some general parts tho. Like when he says hello and introduced his new drama. Lol

Are you guys talking about the Elle video? I think if you wait a bit, it will come with Eng subs. Have a look at other videos as indicator.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

Nogiphy.gif?cid=5e21488619c5d3d192bfb312ab

giphy.gif?cid=5e21488619c5d3d192bfb312ab

My Theory

I believe she will try to contact the demon to help the Second Prince. The second Prince is really a spoiled rotten child. Why the he’ll wasn’t he reprimanded for real song the demon to the world. His greed will not give him what he desires. He will commit a lot of crimes and than be banished for his crimes. 

giphy.gif?cid=5e21488619c5d3d192bfb312ab

She was jealous of Ha Ram’s father power because he needed little help to banish the demon unlike she needed more help. 

She worked for the Old King and is willing to do anything to complete her task given. So Selfish 

Welcome @Vil_Lyn to JangHaven  O do love your insight. 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1