Hong Cheon Gi / Red Sky 홍천기 [2021]

5 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

I havent watched ep 5 @abs-oluteM but ep 6 already sank my heart into some melo vibe, she finally recognizes him. I wonder will he reveal or avoid her. 

Me neither, willl try to watch it on my break. 

@Chocolate You have good memory to remember all the gods in play for this drama. I will refer to your post when I write a post about drama. :love:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

@abs-oluteM Viu has subs quite early - almost within the hour of SK telecast. You can't wait and prefer to stream without subs? 😂 Or is Viu Malaysia different from SG 🤔

Episode 5 was enjoyable.

Spoiler

I doze when I watch Hometown CCC, but for Red Sky, it is "Eh, finish already?" 😭😂

I am admiring the actress who plays Cheon Gi. She's got the wide-eyed innocence but is also strong-willed. Really pretty when she smiles. It's a pleasure to watch her. [Edit: She's only 22!!! But has a long list of movies and dramas - acting since she was a child. Wow.]

The drawing competition was also fun. Love the set-up and the details. And the music - it's so upbeat, like Mr Queen when she was in the kitchen! And abs-soluteM was right. Prince YangMyeong was sly - he created a theme specially to draw out the forger. If you remember, CG left a hidden butterfly as her mark in the forged painting. So when she drew the butterfly for the competition, he knew and tried to fail her. [He seemed to have forgotten that he was actually interested in her - that's no way to chase a girl 😂] Fortunately, Ahn Gyeon used his free pass and let her through. The most amazing was this - the live butterflies flew and chose to land on CG's painting - because it was so lifelike that the butterflies thought the blossoms were real!

GIF credit to @silvertrhee ❤

img.gif

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 3

@Chocolate I sometimes watch live when I really love the drama . Viu comes out quite fast. Last night I streamed the eps - but I am multitasking. Then an hour later  I watch the with Viu after that. I don't do this for all dramas. 

Spoiler

I don't even do this for HCCC. Sorry to my oppa :GrowDerp:

Yes, yesterday's episode was great even though it focused on the competition.  KYJ is an amazing young actress - really a sunbaenim in this industry.

3 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

so fast??? hahhaa....their love start so soon??? **ahem**....

I am guessing only based on the clothing..dunno if true or not...since they wear the same clothes most of the time . LOL

@Alice Wonderland I think he will admit but will tell her to forget him. The preview is a bit misleading because I don't know if the order of the scenes is right or not. 

Pre-released - hmmm YM is going to ask about the butterflies . 

This romance makes my heart ache a little ...has that tragic feel written all over it. But I love that it is subtle but yet it feels intense. 

2021091401001072000068831.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

25 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

This romance makes my heart ache a little ...has that tragic feel written all over it.

I think so too. Actually I thought HaRam the child died when he fell into the water and was somehow revived due to the Demon. So if the Demon is removed, won't HR die? Need to rewatch that scene though. So I'm not too vested in it. I quite like Prince YangMyeong 😂 In the earlier episode he was bumbling and a comic. But as host of the Competition, he was surprisingly "solid". Not that I think they will end up together, but I wouldn't mind their scenes together haha.

There were 3 renowned painters in the competition:

1. Master painter, Monk Manyoo - he drew Vimalakirti on the wall of the temple and the temple shined brightly.

2. Touch of a deity, Kang Hee Yeon - a scholar painter who grew up as a gifted child.

3. Magical touch, Sim Dae Yu, also known as Sim with a bamboo hat

Wonder if these 3 are here only for the competition or will they be helping/hindering Cheon Gi at the end?

What is surprising is that the Goblin seeks out #3 to have paint-offs. Does this mean the Goblin is primarily harmless?

XivKhUb.png

XvUbBXj.png

• Like 3
  • Insightful 3
3 hours ago, Chocolate said:

The drawing competition was also fun. Love the set-up and the details. And the music - it's so upbeat, like Mr Queen when she was in the kitchen! And abs-soluteM was right. Prince YangMyeong was sly - he created a theme specially to draw out the forger.

I just don’t get why , she still doesn’t realize what her friend say is true. She is so stubborn. 
My heart goes out to her because in the next episode she gets put down again. 
@abs-oluteM @Chocolate  @NiteWalker

Why is the Prince so determined to break her spirit?? Is it because she isn’t good or because he has a crush on her and he called help bullying her ?? Can you guys give me an answer. To be honest I do prefer her painting over the others. They were good but hers were much better????

Since I am not an expert, maybe I am

biased at who is the best painter. Lol lol  

Scenes I love

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148866dfc3f6a3f51c53256

Wow the ending moved me so much 

• Like 7

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

1 hour ago, UnniSara said:

Why is the Prince so determined to break her spirit?? Is it because she isn’t good or because he has a crush on her and he called help bullying her ?? Can you guys give me an answer. To be honest I do prefer her painting over the others. They were good but hers were much better????

Since I am not an expert, maybe I am

biased at who is the best painter. Lol lol  

I don't think it is about breaking her spirit. Remember that the art pieces are numbered, the judges do not know who the painter is. This ensures that the judging is fair. She outed herself when she questioned the decision to fail her.

Regarding the Prince, firstly, if he paid $ for real art but received a forgery, it is natural that he would want to pursue. But separately, it could be that in those times, copying art is not acceptable? Not like now, where we can buy prints anytime.

I like Cheon Gi's piece too. It looks quite modern, with the branches vertical towards the moon. So unlike the usual.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Gaaaaaaahhhh I wanted to know so much how her painting turns out and the show ended there! The funny thing is I thought from last week onwards, the story-telling slowed down tremendously, even episode 5 they took one whole episode for one round of competition. However strangely, I'm still so captivated. LMAO!

@Chocolate The Goblin was once a painter too. It appears that painter was possessed all of a sudden at the same time Haram's father tried to lock Mawang in the painting.

• Haha 5
  • Clapping Hands 2

Gosh my guess was right...there was a kiss!!!! But the demon within him ..urghhh...:nya:. He later tells her to forget about that boy. She knows it is him but he pushes her away because I believe whatever his revenge plan is it will endanger her.

To reach the lake , they rode on his horse...so pretty this scene

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

Summary recaps for Ep 6

Hong Chun-ki explained that she drew a black rock in the second contest of Maejukheon Painting Contest, and explained that the first rock she saw after seeing his eyes was black. After a long drought of 10 years, it rained, and the color of Inwangsan Mountain, which is full of numerous rocks, was wet from the rain. Thanks to this, Hong Chun-ki made it to the third contest.

Hong Chun-ki had to win at the contest  to find a way to cure her father, Hong Eun-oh (Choi Gwang-yeol),. But Yang Myung-gun (Gong-myung) discovered she was the one who painted replicas, and he was not pleased. Hong Chun-ki explained that she was only using her talents to make a living, but Yang Myung-gun, who called her out  separately and criticized her, saying "People are not moved by the skill of a painter. They are moved by the sincerity of a painter. . In the 3rd round, I hope you believe in yourself and pick up your brush.”

Haram appeared in front of Hong Chun-gi, who was depressed at the remarks of Grand Prince Yang Myeong. Haram comforted Hong Chun-ki by taking her on a horse ride and they went to the lakeside , and while the two were having a conversation, they recognized that they were the boy and girl who had spent time under the peach blossoms. Haram kissed Hong Chun-ki, when she asked if it was him .

At this time, the butterfly tattoo on Haram's neck reacted again, and the demon king moved again. Seeing the demon king who was trying to encroach on him, he realized his current situation again and pushed Hong Chun-gi away.

The third contest followed the day after the two people's hearts were divided. Grand Prince Yang Myeong presented the theme of the contest with the theme of horses. Each of the painters showed their skill and painted horses, but Hongcheongi filled the paper with butterflies. 

However, when Yang Myeong looked at the painting of Hong Chun-gi, he admired, "This is a great interpretation. This painting is a painting of a butterfly flying in the fragrance of flowers on the road where horses have passed. It is a painting of a butterfly chasing the scent cut on a horse's hoof." .

He continued, “The energy of an object must be captured in the visible and invisible. It is a novelty because it has even captured the mysterious laws of nature in butterflies.” Hong Chun-gi received the most votes.

Then, an auction to cover the manor started, and Haram made the highest bidding for  a painting of Hong Chun-ki  equivalent to 300 rice bags ( this is enough to buy a house) . Yangmyeong promised to give Cheongshimwon as a reward for winning - she had asked for the herb and explained it was to cure her ill father. 

Meanwhile, at the end of the broadcast, her father , Eun-oh Hong threw a brush at Dae-gun Joo-hyang (Kwak Si-yang) and shouted, "I will stop the Demon King."

http://pop.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=202109142159138899518_1

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/broadcasting-service/view/2021/09/888559/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Been quite busy so far this week... too tired after work to properly catch up with the drama threads. Jealous of this @abs-oluteM who has time to livestream the dramas! Haha..

Thanks for the recap! I’ll probably try to squeeze in watching Ep 6 tomorrow morning before work.

@mademoiselle Me too I was quite surprised that Ep 5 managed to keep my attention throughout despite quite little happening. The entire ep was basically Round 1 of the art competition! Bold move lol and the ratings were still not bad too! This drama is making me appreciate traditional art more. The way they film the drawing scenes is so captivating too. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
11 minutes ago, im0202 said:

Been quite busy so far this week... too tired after work to properly catch up with the drama threads. Jealous of this @abs-oluteM who has time to livestream the dramas! Haha..

Thanks for the recap! I’ll probably try to squeeze in watching Ep 6 tomorrow morning before work.

While I am still on semi-lock down life , and with WFH arrangements , I can still do this. But the economy is reopening and I forsee myself going back to working from site

---------

I think love triangle will take off but here she has decided that she will respect his wish of not wanting to be recognised as that boy.  My heart ...:nervous:

Preview

• Like 6

Hi all! I've been meaning to watch this way back before it premiered but I was not able to find the time to. For the past couple of days I've been watching this in increments of maybe 20 mins or so. Just now, I finished ep 2. 😂 I know I'm a bit behind but I like the show so far. From the beginning, the show has been able to evoke in me some emotional response, which is a good sign. The story of the main characters and the people close to them are very tragic. That, plus the storytelling itself has proven effective for me. I felt sad when the show wanted me to feel sad, at awe when there was something amazing happening, and when the main leads met for the first time again as adults, I felt anxious yet elated. Not sure what it is they're doing right, but it's working for me so far.

Anyway. Just wanted to share. I haven't read the posts here yet but I hope you people in the future are having fun and the show is still holding up nicely. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to catch up but I'll definitely try.

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 2
21 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Gaaaaaaahhhh I wanted to know so much how her painting turns out and the show ended there! The funny thing is I thought from last week onwards, the story-telling slowed down tremendously, even episode 5 they took one whole episode for one round of competition. However strangely, I'm still so captivated. LMAO!

I felt the same way, I think each episode will end on a cliffhanger just keep us viewers wanting more.  
Welcome @Warm Paws
Episode 6 was so moving. I was touched and I admit I was a tad bit conflicted in watching since seeing the preview.  We are left again with another cliffhanger  

Spoiler

WILL CHEON GI’s father Die???

the cinematography is beautiful and the way the director is filming each scenes , I suspect it is from Ha Ram and Cheon Gi’s perspective that is why it looks to breathtaking. 
I too have to rewatch the drowning scene again because that is a good question @Chocolate Don’t forget Ha Ram and Cheon Gi both drowned that day. Hmmm it is now coming back to me [  IN ORDER FOR IT TO RAIN, THERE MUST A SACRIFICE. THEY CHOSE HA RAM

BECAUSE OF HIS SPIRITUAL POWER ( water) ] it was stated he had to die so when he died it started to rain again. I can’t help but think since this is a drama, the demon brought him back or he was unconscious, since no one really checked his pulse to see if he was truly dead. 
Ha Ram was possessed, then fell in the water than God Samshin came , took away a Mo wan eyes and then he rose from the water and landed on the alter.  < - - I hope this is  helpful 

below GIF 

giphy.gif?cid=5e21488659760d56d0722269e7

A question has been answered or corrected this guard below has always worked for the Now Emperor. I am going to assume that the Now Emperor  is the one who ordered the death of Ha Ram’s dad the first time and the second time. 

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148867910fa951e8b964a6e

• Like 1
  • Insightful 4

I finally am able to start watching already! Up to ep.3 now... It's great so far. I like the fantasy element, and there are humours as well. That "hong-hong-hong" still got me laughing even though we've got a sneak peak before... Hope that the writing remains tight and not lose steam or train wreck towards the end. 

I read some are worried about the regaining sight. What I'm guessing is that, HR's sight will be returned to him from HCG, and her eye-sight will be restored when MaWang is eventually sealed in a vessel. She wasn't born blind, and her blindness was the doing of MaWang, wasn't it?

Still a bit confused with the other characters as to who is who, but not important... it's a drill to go through with sagueks.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

On 9/15/2021 at 8:37 AM, ktcjdrama said:

She wasn't born blind, and her blindness was the doing of MaWang, wasn't it?

Yeah, that's my understanding too. It's a curse he put on her. I'm assuming that once the curse is lifted, order will be restored. 

@UnniSara Your gifs are amazing! I always love the little caption you put on them. The font for the "evil" part was a great touch!! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

BTS

The team surprised AHS since it was his birthday

E_ddX8tVcAMJqX8?format=jpg&name=large

---------------------------------

These were painted by some very good artists

https://newsis.com/view/?id=NISX20210916_0001586488&cID=10601&pID=10600

Above all, behind the high-quality paintings, there were hidden efforts of the artists who actually painted them.Professional painters centering on artist Ahn Guk-ju participated in each of the works by utilizing their special skills.

In addition, actors including Kim Yoo-jung received basic education on Korean painting before the start of the work.

NISI20210916_0000830817_web.jpg?rnd=2021

• Like 3

Can someone DM me where you watch the episodes? The sites where I usually watch, the picture quality are all so bad :letalQQ: I want to find a sharper quality before continuing into ep.5... I don't have VIU account, so that's a no-go... 

Edit: Never mind. I found a better one, although not yet the sharpest picture.

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love