Monster/ Beyond Evil 괴물 [2021]

5 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

If this is anywhere close to the quality of Good Detective from last year, this will be a great ride.

I hope so too as I love  The Good Detective though it has a bit more of a comedic vibe. Son Ji Hyun & Jo Seung Jo's characters were also not as suspicious of each other, and got along fairly quickly . I find this drama much darker where both Dong Sik and Joo Won have things that they need to hide from each other. I can imagine that it is gonna take a while before trust can be built. And also provided that Dong Sik is innocent. I actually find JW's character quite interesting as well with his mysophobia. I am particularly interested in what he meant by using the dead girl in the field as bait. 

22 hours ago, JenL said:

- The other cops are also suss - the head cop who just dismissed LDS as a suspect and the record keeper who doesn't seem to care that reports are missing but then makes a big deal about it? But his also lingering around his yard...I think I find the record keeper really weird :MonkaTang:

I relooked at the character chart , and Lieutenant Park ,the record keeper is very good friends with Dong Sik. Only in front of  Joo Won he pretended that it was no big deal as I believe he knew immediately that Dong Sik had taken them. I am guessing he was trying to cover up for Dong Sik. His mum is in the City Council - she was particularly concerned that the body they found wasn't a new one - as in she was hoping it was from 20 years ago. He said she wanted to keep her city as crime free, and from  re-watching that scene I realised he was somewhat being sarcastic to her. She told him off that this wasn't the time to be playing around. I suspect that she cannot afford to have such a crime now as there could  be some major redevelopment for the town. The character chart shows her in good relationship with the president of a construction company ( the character is not revealed yet) . 

@mademoiselle My first time watching SHK too. Am so impressed!

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

Yay...new episode tonight. Writing wise, this show is probably the best among the 8 that I am watching.

105625910.1.jpg

Meanwhile, Lee Dong-sik and Han Joo-won's mixed moves in the released photo raise questions. Lee Dong-sik is cleaning up a 20-year-old police report hidden in a secret basement. The previous trailer also showed him cleaning all over the basement as if he was trying to erase any traces, amplifying suspicions. Han Joo-won, who declared war on Lee Dong-sik, "You're mine," was also spotted. In particular, Han Ju-won's discovery of Lee Dong-sik's underground secret room creates tension. Han Joo-won with a stiff face raises questions about what he found.

It is also interesting to see the confrontation between mobile and Han Joo-won facing the recording studio of the statement again. Unlike Han Joo-won, who pushes hard, Lee Dong-sik is relaxed. Lee Dong-sik and Han Joo-won's eyes, which have subsided calmly, hit hot and cause goosebumps.

In the third episode, which will air today (26th), Man-yang, which was peaceful due to a series of murders, is feared. As the investigation into Kang Min-jung's whereabouts progresses, suspicions against Lee Dong-sik intensify, and Han Joo-won digs up the truth in his own way. "This is just the beginning," the production crew said. "Please watch what truth is hidden in the murder case that shook Lee Dong-sik, Han Ju-won, and Manyang," he said. "The two's unpredictable moves will bring another wave."

In the third episode, which will air today (26th), Manyang, a peaceful city is now in fear due to a series of murders,  As the investigation into Kang Min-jung's whereabouts progresses, suspicions against Lee Dong-sik intensifies, and Han Joo-won digs up the truth in his own way. "This is just the beginning," the production crew said. "Please watch what truth is hidden in the murder case that shook Lee Dong-sik, Han Ju-won, and Manyang," he said. "The two's unpredictable moves will bring another wave of excitement.

https://sports.donga.com/article/all/20210226/105625911/1

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

As of now...we know that her fingers are found but not her body...(?) though it is presume that she is dead...but what are the chances that Dong Shik is the one who found her being dumped and left for dead, and decided to bring her home in the last bit effort to save her life thus her blood is in his basement? Then in a sick ideation, Dong Shik puts the killing on himself to lure the real killer to step forward. For both Min Jung and the dead woman twenty years ago.

That said, highly doubt that he is the killer, the fingers...I’m still thinking about why he visualise the fingers as fake fingers and fake bodies...hmmmm...

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

“A romantic who likes flowers.”

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

14 minutes ago, Darkarcana said:

That said, highly doubt that he is the killer, the fingers...I’m still thinking about why he visualise the fingers as fake fingers and fake bodies...hmmmm...

I am actually half-way watching and caught the whole fake fingers/ face thing.

The fake fingers thing also makes me think that he is just visualising the scenario which means he may not be the one to put it there. The thing is that he's friend ( the cop looking after the records ) asked such a weird question about whether DS killed the girl. Does

But I can see the possibility of what you say about him wanting to lure the real killer. 

Preview eps 4

• Like 4

I had this thought while watching. I feel that DS knows or suspects who the killer is but it is someone he wants to protect. I have a strange feeling about the supermarket owner whom is like a brother to him.

Anyway, there's clearly a psychological warfare between DS and JW. All the circumstantial evidence seems to point to DS being the one , and he seems to want to give that impression to JW. He's teasing JW - am I the killer or am I not?  He "wins' in a sense because he breaks JW 's cool and alibi. He says  that in the same way that JW is accusing him of being the murderer, JW can also be the suspect as he could very well be the copy cat murderer. JW's phone for the missing lady was found with MJ's scent and there are texts sent to him from that phone.

DS's best friends think he's innocent of the crime then and now till the last bit of eps 3 that is . However if they were detectives then 20 years ago, would they have come to the same conclusion. And I find it interesting that all 3 friends 20 years on became cops. Isn't that such a weird coincidence? Also I was surprised Ji Hwa had been married to Lee Chang Jin (CEO of the constructions company) . He seems a little sleazy - no wonder she divorced him.

Anyhow, JW's secret investigations seems to be causing issues for his father. Father has a lot at stake , and is prioritizing his own ambitions. I see that the father is putting his own man (JW's former tutor)  in the Prosecutors side . If you watch enough K legal/ crime shows , you will know that there's a constant battle for power & autonomy between the police force and the Prosecution Office

• Like 4

Actually curious why Han Ju Won seems so obsessed with the case? It was an old case, happened when he was just 7 y.o. Did something happened to his mom? But the way he said the case happened 7 years ago hence he can't be the murderer its a bit weird to me. I don't know why he needs to mentioned that. No one will think that way. 

I think there is high chance Dong Shik could be a real villain. But he probably not the original murderer? As he was saying in order to catch a monster, you need to become one? Hence all the new murder, possibly his work? 

For sure Jung Je (the archive detective) is scared of Dong Shik, can see a flickered in his eyes that he suspect DS real nuts? Eventhough when Ji Hwa ask him, he said he believe he's innocent. 

The detective Han smile in the end of episode also seems suspicious. Don't tell me both of them are villains lol. Scratch my hair and runaway 😀

@abs-oluteMcoming here, so you won't be lonely haha. I have to say all the while I also get distracted with how handsome Det. Han is. Imma going change my DP back to him 😆

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

Episode 3

- I am really liking the suspense in this series and the story is both fast paced enough to be exciting and slow burn enough to give you the sense of dread and suspicion needed for this genre. And every character can be a suspect even though all clues are pointing squarely at DS. :lettalKWA:

- I'm very suss about series where they force you to consider only one main suspect....the twists I have experienced in show/ movies like this is that you think it'll be DS, then it'll turn out to be someone else...but then it'll actually turn out it was DS who has split personality disorder OR it'll be someone you completely did not see coming - a really innocent looking person. Along these lines, I'd agree with @abs-oluteM, the one person I can think of is the supermarket owner adopted brother...mainly because he's like the person you suspect least being all kind hearted to DS's parents and MJ was his daughter...but she was also partying hard and didn't want him to know, so maybe he killed her out of rage? HJW also said criminals return to the scene of the crime and he came out to get the paper and cry... :psweatduck:

- I thought it was weird that HJW was so stressed about the phone thing. I mean wasn't it because he was investigating DS so he provided the phone as an undercover tool? Couldn't he just say that, or was it against the law for him to be looking into that case without permission? :thinking:

- I have to agree that I thought the fingers that DS put out looked fake...but can't tell if he's hallucinating that he put out fake fingers or he's not right in the head and thought they were fakes...And then there's DS's bunker with the blood?? Well, I assume they don't know who's blood it is yet since they arrested him so quickly...They probably went on HJW's camera footage and his mention of blood. :lettalKWA: @Darkarcana's theory is quite dark, but interesting...I don't know about actually using MJ's body as a lure since there's no camera footage of him bringing her....I also think he'd still be in trouble for messing with 'evidence' if that happened. 

- There seems to be a huge difference between the innocent DS of the first arrest and DS now...more than just jadedness...it's hard to tell if the town is turning a blind eye to real evil or if he is jaded because he knows who it is in the town, but can't get them to prove their guilt? :idk:

-I agree also with @SilverMoonTea...HJW is quite obsessed with the case, but I think that's his personality...he wants to solve the issue. But how he started getting obsessed will be interesting...did he see something or remember something weird about it from when he was 7? Also agree the smile was weird...but it could just be that he was satisfied to finally 'catch' DS? :thinking:

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

I haven't watched this weekend's episodes yet but to comment on Shin Ha Kyun, his smiles are pretty iconic. Once you've seen it, you will always remember them. He does evil really well and at the same time, when you see him act caring/sweet, you forget he once played someone evil. Fun fact, he dated Kim Go Eun for a bit a few years ago. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
On 2/27/2021 at 2:11 PM, abs-oluteM said:

I had this thought while watching. I feel that DS knows or suspects who the killer is but it is someone he wants to protect. I have a strange feeling about the supermarket owner whom is like a brother to him.

OMOOOOOO....I think my theory is right !! I am still not sure if it is the supermarket owner but all those around DS  - his best friend Jung Je, the young cop Ji Hoon, the butcher girl Jae Yi seem certain  that he is not the killer. Even Ji Hwa, the detective in charge and DS's bestie does not seem convince he is the one though she is trying to stay neutral. TBH, considering that DS knows every one there, it is kind of strange that they don't bring someone from Seoul HQ to investigate. (Internal affairs or something) . It doesn't seem objective that his own friends/ colleagues are the ones to investigate. 

Interesting that Jung Je made himself the alibi the way he did 20 years ago, but it was done belatedly. Why?  It wasn't entirely false since JJ was over at DS's house. But Jung Je wasn't there the whole time was he? Is Jung Je the one DS's protecting? What's with the preview where DS is threatening Jung Je's mother? 

Also I was surprised that JiHoon tipped off the reporters - though  I don't think it is to harm Dong Sik . These lines after Jae Yi's egg throwing incident- clear to me he is also protective of DS . Or that he knows more than he is letting on . 

q7sgwk5.png

And here in a flashback , he was at the scene where he saw MJ walking towards someone .

Spoiler

47ljc6u.png

So for a bit I was wondering if he  could have been the person but his countenance change later as if he was surprised she was happy to meet someone else. I think he has a crush on her and I don't think it is him that she was smiling so happily at . And when he confronted DS during the preview, it was clear he saw the person she saw - and it is not DS.

Spoiler

WDOxN71.png

22 hours ago, JenL said:

There seems to be a huge difference between the innocent DS of the first arrest and DS now...more than just jadedness...it's hard to tell if the town is turning a blind eye to real evil or if he is jaded because he knows who it is in the town, but can't get them to prove their guilt? :idk:

From eps 4 , I  think the mind games he plays, the teasing he gives JW etc are because he is fed up . You can tell that the town folks still think he is the actual killer from 20 years ago despite being acquitted. Could be  his coping mechanism to laugh so cynically. 

I think I understand why JW is so obsessed with the case @SilverMoonTea. JW cannot afford to be wrong. He used an informant and she ended up dead - so that is on him. If he cannot solve these cases - the guilt will be too much for him. 

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 2

I've just come from 2 hours of riveting television and there's much to praise about this drama in the way it sets up the motley crew of characters and takes them to various places. Central to why this is so good (for me at least) is how the leads interact. The perpetual cat and mouse scenario is fascinating to watch. There's perhaps plenty of reasons to be suspicious of Dong-shik and he does very little to dispel suspicion but it's becoming increasingly clear (to me anyhow) that he is covering up for someone. He knows enough of how the law works to keep it at bay but it isn't to protect himself that he's doing his song and dance, and best impersonation of a crazed killer. It is ironic I think that a cop uses his skills as a detective to play the role of a maybe-murderer. DS does just enough to arouse suspicion about his mental state and yet there are these moments where there's no doubting his concern for the people in his hometown. My own feeling is that he knows who the culprit is (I have a good idea who that might be) and for reasons of compassion or guilt most possibly, he is willing to sacrifice his own reputation in the community to save this soul from a fate worse than death. If that's the case the title makes a lot of sense because DS is putting himself in a place of judge and jury determining culpability while playing the scapegoat, misdirecting investigation after investigation. His question -- "does it matter who did it" is suggestive. To me DS' guilt is an expression of his being an accomplice  rather than being the culprit which gives new meaning to guilt by association.

Even while Han Ju-won is a smart and capable detective, he is obsessed, guilty and zealous. His father is right about him in this regard. For a guy who thinks he is sensible and rational, he is behaving irrationally about DS. He can't see the wood for the trees. He certainly can't see how DS is pushing his buttons. Undoubtedly he is deliberately written as someone who saunters into town thinking he knows the bare essentials to crack the case when it is perhaps far more complex than he thinks. Perhaps I'm being a bit harsh on him but despite his brilliance and resolve, he's surprisingly naive/simplistic. Crimes are not just puzzles to be solved. People are involved. People carrying around all kinds of baggage. JW's zealotry and penchant for text-book policing in effect blinds him. His mysophobia is symbolic of his inability to get his hands dirty as a cop. To dig deep into the human heart and come face to face with the ugliness that's there. Following clues only takes him so far and I think that's what DS is counting on as well. He has been unsuccessful so far because he doesn't understand DS or the world of Munju. He's completely fixated on one thing without being able to reconcile the contradictions. That's a sign of an investigator that lacks objectivity.

I really like how the drama uses the small town backdrop -- a place where everyone knows everyone -- to create not just that claustrophobic feeling but also a kind of dysfunctional family dynamic in which people tell lies for each other because it is in their interest that skeletons in closets don't see the light of day. It is also interesting to see how crime affects any community. It's not just the fact that it strikes horror in the hearts of everyone but it also create inevitable divisions and other ripple effects which suspicion create and exacerbate. On top of that, everyone seems to be trapped in some kind of time bubble.

It's a gripping drama and for me SHK is really the primary reason for why that is.

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

Episode 4

- Wow what an intense ride. This series is really something - I'm loving the simultaneous slow burn and high tension of the series....and the psychological games we are all forced to play because of DS's character. He really knows how to irritate those around him :laugh:

- @abs-oluteM I don't think it'd be JJ that DS is protecting. It seems too simple...and JJ always seems to suspect DS or be afraid of him even though he bales him out and lies for him, unless that is an act...:thinking: But his character is suspicious. I feel like there's just something off about him even if he isn't the killer. 

- If DS is protecting anyone I think it'd be more likely to be the supermarket owner....he's the only one who seems close enough to DS and outwardly helpless enough to need that level of protection :lenny: But it seems hard to reconcile that he would kill his own daughter? I also feel there is a weird strained relationship between DS and him. DS seems cold, but then will melt a little at his doing nice things for his parents or bringing him food in jail....can't tell if that's just DS, or if there is some reason for that....also DS told him to take his medication...is it medication for some sort of psychological disorder?! :idk: 

-  Haha, it's always the nice ones we should be more suspicious of...like that nice cop JH. I feel like his line about messing with people stuck in the miserable town was rather dark. And then the fact he saw MJ before her death and tipped off the reporters for DS seems very suss. But...it doesn't make sense that he would be the murderer of the first set of victims since he also looks super young...so therefore it's also unlikely he killed MJ...but again, he's like JJ with this business of doing the wrong things :psweatduck: 

-  But I do have to say...I feel like the killer may turn out to be killers. As in more than one. If I remember correctly, DS is still searching for his sister. If he is protecting someone, I doubt he would be protecting someone who killed his sister and didn't reveal where the body was? Unless they killed her by accident and DS does actually know where she is. Also it's possible that MJ's death is a copy cat one since 20 years is quite a time difference...it rules out a lot of the younger characters.:thinking:

- I think the title of the show is perfect though - DS looks like a Monster, but I'm starting to tentatively think that he's just extremely jaded and bitter at a world which is extremely unfair to him...he's refusing to play their games...instead he's deciding that he will play games with them. Whereas HJW is toeing the line to becoming a Monster to pursue what he believes is true evil...he feels like everyone is incompetent and seems to be rather emotionally attached to this case...and having too many emotions can turn people evil the same way that having no emotions does too. :lettalKWA:(Becoming too biased, having preconceived ideas, skipping processes to force things to fit as evidence etc).

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I think I understand why JW is so obsessed with the case @SilverMoonTea. JW cannot afford to be wrong. He used an informant and she ended up dead - so that is on him. If he cannot solve these cases - the guilt will be too much for him. 

Yes, I would agree with this! The woman was not likeable, but he was responsible for her by setting her up as a trap. And he promised he would help her if she reached out to him, but he never got to her in time...so I think he feels immense guilt especially as he seems to be a black-and-white, very categorical type of guy. He holds himself as being very upright, so having this as a stain on his morality and on his police record is killing him. :letalQQ:

2 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Even while Han Ju-won is a smart and capable detective, he is obsessed, guilty and zealous. His father is right about him in this regard. For a guy who thinks he is sensible and rational, he is behaving irrationally about DS. He can't see the wood for the trees. He certainly can't see how DS is pushing his buttons. Undoubtedly he is deliberately written as someone who saunters into town thinking he knows the bare essentials to crack the case when it is perhaps far more complex than he thinks. Perhaps I'm being a bit harsh on him but despite his brilliance and resolve, he's surprisingly naive/simplistic.

I would say you're right, but harsh at the same time. Haha, and it's not (just) because I think YJG is good looking like @SilverMoonTea does :laugh: 

I think HJW is a few things: being just out of the force, and top of his class, and also someone who seems to be quite categorical, black-and-white and tidy, I think he's just idealistic, driven and has a compulsion to clean up anything he thinks is 'messy' in life. He believes the crimes that haven't been solved are because people aren't working hard enough/ trying hard enough to solve them....And he's not necessarily wrong, in a lot of backwater towns, crime can be overlooked because people have relationships with one another. :heiboi:

But he is emotional about this case because of what happened with the woman he got killed...it's like for once in his life, he made a 'mess' that he needs to clean, but can't. And because he is feeling emotional and messy, HJW is letting DS get under his skin...DS is also especially good at getting under his skin because he's hard for HJW to fit into a category except for stereotypical murderer. Honestly, if I was in HJW's shoes, I would also suspect him at first because of the things you hear and observe in that town...we probably feel smarter than HJW, but at the same time as the viewer we have a more omnipresent view of what else is happening in the town. :idk:

I don't think HJW means to strut around town either, but I feel like that categorical personality type they gave him makes him come with a pre-conceived bias for DS. HJW just reminds me of some of my friends who are like IT guys or engineers...sometimes they categorise things neatly into boxes and it makes them inflexible to problem solving, even though they are technically good problem solvers :lenny: That's the vibe I get with HJW...he needs to start looking outside the boxes.

2 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

His mysophobia is symbolic of his inability to get his hands dirty as a cop. To dig deep into the human heart and come face to face with the ugliness that's there.

I feel like it's more representative of his compulsion to tidy up things that seems messy to him - like he has to set things right as soon as possible or it frustrates him. And that's why this crime is so raw to him...because he's part of the mess himself, not sitting cleanly outside everything as he used to being. Because he's involved in the mess this time, he's become compulsive about fixing this up at all costs. :psweatduck:

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

I agreed with what everyone has said so far about Han Joo Won. He can't handle the possibility of being wrong so everything that happens, he finds a way to link it to Lee Dong Sik.

b5c6634520e12036b788488f5d506597b6969347

I want to know why he is so invested in this case -- what kind of connection does he have to it? The only thing we know is that his dad worked there 20 years ago. Speaking of his dad, I would not be surprised if he has a part in all of this. I just know that anyone who messes with Kim Sabu, it doesn't matter what they do afterward, they're always bad news (this is in reference to Dr. Romantic, where the dad played the evil director in that drama). :eeeee:

Lee Dong Sik is a bit manic, but he's a very calculated person. He purposely dropped the blanket at the police station because he knew he could use that against the police. Does this mirror what happened 20 years ago? I feel like there's a lot of weight to what Dong Sik said about letting the media try a suspect before there are evidences and an arrest/search warrant. I also agreed that Lee Dong Sik is protecting someone. He either knows or has a feeling who the culprit is but he can't say who it is. 

This scene in episode three was great.

Spoiler

f7ba1e2c097236e7c9897350783931a1d0ad0f88

38dbe9119d6be9198d36c7074cbeeb1c8f3c47d7

95aef56531e79d4a57f2dfae5d833adfb9904e05

7d8c17925b501257e1640ffe8bdedd595e915a15

356d85be301fcc7c3873926c7d495cd5212d9def

After this, I don't want anyone to smile at me. Haha!

Spoiler

861b511d6780a7485a96ffe7204548f796b38a48

d10e6640b3ac9e0fab63777e5aa55fb25c80ba89

998c0fdd9b70cdd15bd9664ac41de9d277835e17

6f4b975579beddb5a399dc35f19c05f1b9a10f57

All the .gifs credit: Link and Link

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just finished episode 2. A wild guess:

Spoiler

The killer is Jin Mook the supermart owner 👀

• 20 years ago his wife ran away - or did he kill her? Or was the running way a trigger?
  • That could be a reason why one of Lee Dong Sik's personal effect was found at the crime scene 20 years ago and he was suspected. He was part of LDS's family so he had easy access.

But Min Jeong was happy to see whoever killed her. She may not have been happy to see her father as she had to get rid of the nail polish. Hmmm....

But I don't understand. The 6 cases that Han Joo Woon was investigating while at the Regional Affairs Office, did they all take place in this Manyang Village?

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

Yay @Chocolate I am glad you're watching this.

I have the same wild guess as you in the spoiler - if Dong Shik's angle is because he wants to protect someone, he and the dead daughter are  the ones that DS cares for the most. 

From the impression I am getting, the cases have the same MO but it is not clear if they all took place in Manyang. But I think they are all linked to the this place especially after what JW says at the end of eps 4.

BTS

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

16 hours ago, Chocolate said:

The 6 cases that Han Joo Woon was investigation while at the Regional Affairs Office, did they all take place in this Manyang Village?

I agreed with @abs-oluteM. They haven't said if they all happened in Manyang Village but the crimes are similar and there seemed to be a link back to the village somehow. 

From the BTS video, a clip of them. So cute! :wow:

Spoiler

• Like 4

New stills for this Friday ...can't wait! More twists to come!

105712521.1.jpg

In the last broadcast, Han Joo-won hit a turning point with a winning move. Han Ju-won saw that Lee Dong-sik was hiding something and moving meticulously. Sensing that he was also part of the plan, he completely revised the direction of the investigation. In order not to be fooled by  Lee Dong-sik anymore, Han Joo-won played a dangerous game. He confronted Lee Dong-sik and said, "Who killed him? Who are you covering for?" he said, heralding a new phase in finding the  truth.

Meanwhile, Lee Dong-sik and Han Joo-won's cooperation in the new stills stimulates curiosity. Lee Dong-sik and Han Joo-won are fiercely confronting Lee Chang-jin and the chairwoman of the city council member Do Hae-won along with the  Mayang Dream Town Development Countermeasures Committee. Do Hae-won and Lee Chang-jin are keen on developing Mayang City. The two of them faced failure 20 years ago after the murder of the Bang Ju-seon (Kim Hee-ra) broke out.

Therefore, the title of 'Manyang without Crime' is necessary. However, when the same pattern of events occurred in the past, they manipulated public opinion that Kang Min-jung (played by Kang Min-ah) became a victim of murder due to her promiscuous life. In response, Lee Dong-sik vented his anger by watching the news of Kang Min-jung.

The desires of Do Hae-won and Lee Chang-jin are becoming more full-fledged. In the photo, Lee Dong-sik runs toward the two, unable to control his anger. His eyes flickering with a gentle warning to Do Hae-won. He was eventually restrained by bodyguards. It is also interesting to see Han Joo-won, who was watching the situation, stepped up to help him. In the previous trailer, the scene of them spreading into physical fights was also revealed, and the images of them captured at the police station are arousing curiosity Indeed, the development of Munju City, pushed by  Do Hae-won and Lee Chang-jin, raises questions about what variables they will add to the story  in tracking the truth, and how the relationship between the two of them, who persistently doubted and provoked each other, will change.

In the fifth episode, which will air tomorrow (5th), the secrets of the characters behind the incident will be revealed, shaking the game of truth tracking again. The production team  said, "As the truth is tracked, the desires and selfishness of various human groups are revealed." Their faces will properly stimulate Lee Dong-sik and Han Joo-won, and in the whirlpool of chaos, Lee Dong-sik and Han Joo-won also face new secrets. "There's another twist."

https://sports.donga.com/article/all/20210304/105712524/1

• Like 4

On 2/28/2021 at 2:56 PM, Tofu said:

Fun fact, he dated Kim Go Eun for a bit a few years ago. 

Oooh, there's like almost 20 years difference between them 😱

10 hours ago, Tofu said:

I agreed with @abs-oluteM. They haven't said if they all happened in Manyang Village but the crimes are similar and there seemed to be a link back to the village somehow. 

If some of the murders did not take place in the village, then the killer has to be someone who travels out of the village...

Policeman Park, the son of the council woman - in some books that I've read, if someone is so eager to be the alibi, it could be an excuse to CREATE an alibi for himself 😆

I'm up to date! Looking forward to episode 5.

EvoD_vmVcAYLb2Q?format=jpg&name=large

ctto

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
29 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

He hasn't changed much 😂 Was he a child actor?

Yes, he was! He was a pretty well known child actor.

He played the younger version of actors such as Lee Jun Ki, Kim Soo Hyun, Ji Sung, Jang Hyuk, Ji Chang Wook, etc. in their respective projects. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Hi :psweatduck: 

I think I'm up to date but with my short-term memory... I'm skimming some comments and went 'huh? fake fingers?' Hang on.. were those fingers fake??? Did I miss some scenes again? At this point of time I don't know whether DS was hallucinating or whether he was truly the one who put those fingers there. 

This is another show which makes almost all of its characters suspicious :PsyWhat: So I still have no idea who is or are the perpetrators.. It might be DS (but please I hope they don't go the route of he's having multiple personalities). Or it could be someone close to him (eg the shop owner as some ppl mentioned). So there were these other murders which didn't happen in Manyang. Did they happen where DS was working at those times though (coz DS only came back to Manyang recently and he's working somewhere else before)? 

Honestly, I feel that DS as a character is a bit 'weird'. His young self seemed to be a bit strange - like..crazy or sociopath or psychopath? And now his adult self likes to grin or laugh (not just one time or twice but actually several times) in situation that normal people wouldn't. Not that I have knowledge about those traits... I'm saying from how drama normally portraits those traits. Am I the only one who thinks so?

The other thing is ... I feel that HJW's mysophobia might have something more to it. Like something really traumatising happened in the past and that connected with how he was so obsessed with this serial killing case? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

3 hours ago, SnowBlob said:

It might be DS (but please I hope they don't go the route of he's having multiple personalities).

I initially thought so too that they were going for the route. But over the 4 episodes, the impression that I am getting is that he is jaded & tired of the fact that people will always think he is the murderer. Actually in the few short scenes when he was younger , he's always been seen as the black sheep when compared to his smarter & overachieving sister. He was actually not staying with his folks at the time the sister died. It feels like he's just tired of being misunderstood his entire life.

--------------------

More stills

2021030507592807222d3244b4fed18217218612

The psychological warfare in 'Monster'  between Shin Ha-gyun and Yeo Jin-gu is at its peak.

Meanwhile, the confrontation between Lee Dong-sik and Han Joo-won, who revealed their explosive emotions, is intriguing. Lee Dong-sik secretly summoned Oh Ji-hoon to his basement. In the previous trailer,  Oh Ji-hoon, who was convinced that Min-jung was not killed by Dong Sik.  What kind of scene did Oh Ji-hoon witness on the day of the Kang Min-jung incident ? Lee Dong-sik's chaotic appearance further amplifies curiosity. Han Joo-won's complex face after hearing their conversation also adds tension. Lee Dong-sik and Han Joo-won pour out their emotions in the following photos. Lee Dong-sik, who is hiding something in anger, and Han Joo-won, who tries to reveal the truth with a fierce persistency. 

The production crew of 'Monster' said, “Han Ju-won holds a new secret in his hand and presses the mobile. Lee Dong-sik also does not stop provoking, and the two fight again.” 

https://www.wowtv.co.kr/NewsCenter/News/Read?articleId=A202103050038&t=NN

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1