Monster/ Beyond Evil 괴물 [2021]

56 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Geez... at this rate, everyone in Munyang is responsible for murder!

LOL! I was thinking at this rate, everyone would be dead by the end!

Really enjoying this drama. Except I am not so sure what Joo Won was trying to do by planting the death certificate and fishing line in the Chief’s safe, and also highlighting to Dong Sik that he is really not part of Manyang 🤔

I think Jeong Je did not kill Dong Sik’s sister. He looks like he feels guilty for not having walked her home that night and she disappeared. (Maybe that’s why he offered to walk Min Jung home.) Now that there are so many bodies discovered at the deer farm, probably there is another story behind JJ’s trauma - always drawing deers and hearing women’s voices.

Min Sook perhaps saw the incident and brought the body back to Dong Sik - in his mind, maybe he thought that was the best thing to do. He left his assets to DS so there seems to be some love there. I think MS knows who the killer is and not merely came across the body, that’s why he was “killed”.

To run a car over someone many times is pretty ruthless and heartless. From The council woman and Lee Chang Jin’s conversations, they don’t seem to be the ones. I think too that it could be Joo Won’s father.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Haha 2
6 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

LOL! I was thinking at this rate, everyone would be dead by the end!

Dead because of Joo Won planting fake evidences. :lol:

6 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Really enjoying this drama. Except I am not so sure what Joo Won is trying to do by planting the death certificate and finishing line in the Chief’s safe, and also highlighting to Dong Sik that he is really not part of Manyang

The table is turn this time and it was Dong Shik that goes ask Joo Won this & that, LOL, and Joo Won takes the pleasure of telling him off. The lengthy conversation is back too. 🙄

• Haha 5
23 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Sorry, but can I admire my oppa in full uniform here? @abs-oluteM:laugh:

Of course . He looked nice with the sunnies too at the beginning of the episode

I have only watched half episode , so I won't comment on whether Chief Nam is guilty or has some plan of his own. Need to say this- I swear Joo Won and Dong Sik's love language to each other is continuous suspicion towards each other. Don't you find it cute that they love annoying each other that way?

[Deep down I don't think JW thinks DS killed the sister. DS also knows that JW is trying to do something out of the box by planting the death cert and fishing line.]

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

Episode 9 & 10

- The biggest crime in my opinion this week was not murder, which seems to be super common in Munju, but was the fact that the sleezy developer guy dipped his tuna sashimi into what looked like tomato sauce :shocked2: Who does that???

- Haha, well, I feel like I got my wish this week since I was disappointed that they revealed the killer too soon. Now it's gone back to everyone in town being a suspect for murder :psweatduck:

- I get really confused with JW and DS's banter....haha, I can't actually tell if they're just trying to seduce each other with their fake accusations and suspicions of each other...or if JW seriously wants DS to turn himself in for not calling the police when he found MJ's fingers...:idk:

- Felt so traumatised for DS finding his sister in his own basement :lettalKWA: I mean MS did return her but that is fully creepy and obviously he's still responsible in some way as he could have reported what happened but didn't. I guess he knew the true identity of the killer.

- I have to say while JJ still looks the most suspicious, the fact that he looks the most suspicious is probably meaning that he won't have killed YY. He does seem like he feels guilty that he didn't protect her in the end and maybe he hid the fact that he was one of the last people to see her from DS and it's driving him crazy? :thinking: Assuming that it happened close to the deer farm, since he draws all the deers, I wonder if the other killer was only responsible for YY's death, or if s/he was responsible for those other deer farm deaths too (or if those were done by MS.)

- I knew the chief was hiding something since he seemed so sure that DS wasn't responsible for his sister's death without ever disclosing a reason...but who would he be protecting that would be responsible for YY's death? Like some here, I am starting to think it could be JW's father...perhaps he protected him for his job/promotion? It would explain why JW is so drawn to this case....perhaps he has suspected his own father of doing something shady when he lived here and that's why he wanted to prove it...? He seems to hate his father an awful lot...but if that was the case, his father also doesn't seem as stressed (though he is annoyed) as he should be that JW has been poking around in this case. :pandathink:

- While everyone else seem suspicious, I feel like all the other characters would not be the right age (or important enough a character) to be the killer? I guess there's the councilwoman and the sleezy developer...but they don't seem right since they have other agendas they seem to care about more. :thinking::idk:

-Gotta stop watching this show at night. It makes me really paranoid!! :lettalKWA::lettalKWA:

• Haha 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

This is a drama I have a lot of time for. I'm almost always on the edge of my seat wondering about the outcomes. It's a tragedy on some level and yet despite how bleak it is, there's a sliver of hope in this truth-deprived wilderness. For some reason the psychological profiles and presentation just reminds me of The Brothers Karamazov. Needless to say I'm a big fan of these in-depth explorations of contradictory or even paradoxical human motivations/impulses. This show does it exceedingly well IMO. 

Even though I always suspected it, I have no doubt now that whatever this iceberg that we're looking at is, started before Yu-yeon's death but is undoubtedly related to it. I imagine she saw/heard something she shouldn't have and paid the ultimate price. But this created an entire whole chain reaction of other events leading from one tragic/insidious choice to another. Kim Jin-mook, serial killer though he was, was quite likely just as much a casualty of other people's machinations. He didn't start off killing women out of the blue. Someone or something influenced him in that direction. Since he has a checkered relationship with the Councilwoman, let's just say I won't be surprised if she has plenty of fatal secrets of her own. Because of that I wouldn't be surprised if Jae-jong saw/did something he shouldn't have as well.

In general I think the villainous triumvirate of Lee Chang-jin, Do Hae-won and Han Ki-hwan is suspicious. It feels more than just expediency and collusion. I can't help thinking that there's something else binding them in their unholy alliance.

Most likely someone else killed Yu-yeon and directed Jin-mook to bury her somewhere. And in his usual sense of twisted irony, he took her home and placed her close to the people who loved her most. This may have put him on his trajectory of killing on impulse and then burying them because the precedent had been set. That's what I think at least.

Speculations aside, I think Dong-sik and myself are taking Ju-won a bit more seriously these days. It's not that I didn't take JW seriously at the start but I became convinced that he was an upstart who was getting a bit too big for his boots. He had his own agenda, he was suffering a bad case of survivor's guilt and yet he was putting on a self-righteous facade. Not everything about what he said or did was wrong mind you. To some degree his presence was needed to ensure that these long concealed secrets were unearthed. But there are all kinds of consequences to "meddling" even if the goal is laudable. "Meddling" can reveal important facts but it can also lead to unscrupulous people doing more wicked things to cover their tracks. I don't blame him for wanting to getting to the bottom of things because that has to happen but perhaps he underestimates the horror of what he up against. Chief Nam's death isn't his fault but the person at the core of things is probably far more desperate to survive than they are. He/she has a lot more to gain or lose. I don't think it's just Ju-won either. Chief Nam and Dong-sik have not totally grasped what's really at stake.

Ju-won's claim that Dong-sik is as much an outsider as he, is fascinating and is true for the most part. In fact, an argument can be made that on his being ostracized, he became a stranger in his own town. Not long afterwards he left to become a cop and stayed away until tragedy hit. So he ran back to Manyang. What really makes him an outsider is that he really does want to know what happened to Yu-yeon. That's the prerogative of a family member of a victim. The problem with being the insider of course is that so far it's turned Manyang into a protection racket of sorts. Nobody wants to believe that somebody they know and have affection for can do anything so evil as murder. This is the heart of the drama it seems to me.... the human condition of struggling to do the right thing. Doing the right thing is far more difficult than most people realise. And why is that... it's because often we can't bear the consequences of what it does to our relationships. For good or for ill, we generally value our relationships more than we value the truth.

I also want to say as a postscript that I'm really impressed with the lass who plays Jae-yi. I think this is her first big show. Wow, she's really good. She reminds me of Lee Se-young.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

I’m just wondering why Chief Nam wanted to incite Jin Mook to kill himself ? Or did he ? I believe that Joo Won ( as reckless as he sometimes is ) was right to be suspicious about Chief Nam. Hmm could Joo Won’s dad  have something to do with DS’s sister’s death ? And perhaps Councilwoman & Lee Chang Jin are aware - that is why he has to help them . 

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

New stills 

https://sports.donga.com/article/all/20210326/106102336/1

106102299.1.jpg

The successive deaths of Kang Jin-muk (played by Lee Gyu-hoe) and Nam Sang-bae (played by Cheon Ho-jin) were shocking. Lee Dong-sik and Han Joo-won, who could not prevent their deaths, fell apart, and the truth fell into a labyrinth again. The results of the autopsy of his younger sister Lee Yoo-yeon (played by Moon Ju-yeon) also raised suspicion. Unlike Kang Jin-muk's crime pattern, her body had traces of being hit several times by something, suggesting the possibility that it was a traffic accident. It became clear that Kang Jin-muk (played by Lee Gyu-hoe) was not killer. Here, it was revealed that Park Jeong-je was Lee Yoo-yeon's last witness, which brought a reversal.

Meanwhile, the cooperation between Lee Dong-sik and Han Ju-won, who faced a decisive turning point due to the death of Nam Sang-bae, is sharpened. In the released photo, Lee Dong-sik and Han Ju-won are looking at the documents related to the case. The sharp eyes of the two who do not want to miss a small clue catch the eye. Lee Dong-sik, who was looking at the documents carefully, brightens his eyes as if he had found an important clue. In the following photos, Lee Dong-sik's cold eyes facing Park Jung-je stimulate curiosity. Park Jung-je faced Lee Yoo-yeon's body and awakened the trauma of the past. Sending Lee Yoo-yeon alone, who was with him on the day of the incident, touched his guilt. However, the question remains as to why he was hiding this fact from Lee Dong-sik then. Dong Sik's sharp eyes were trying to read Park Jeong-je's heart, Park Jeong-je was shaking anxiously, and Han Joo-won's was looking at the two with poker face.

In the 11th episode, which will air on the 26th, Lee Dong-sik and Han Ju-won will explore the connection between the consecutive deaths of Nam Sang-bae, Kang Jin-mook and Lee Yoo-yeon incident. In the trailer released earlier, Lee Dong-sik's guitar peak appraisal book, which was at the scene of the discovery of Bang Ju-seon (Kim Hi-ra) body 21 years ago, emerged as a new clue. Lee Dong-sik's statement that only the data in question disappeared heightened the mystery. Due to other peaks, Lee Dong-sik was called a suspect in the Bang Ju-seon and Yi Yu-yeon cases. Why did the other peak appraisal papers, which were crucial evidence, disappear? Expectations are high for Lee Dong-sik and Han Ju-won's cooperation in who is hiding the truth and who is hiding among people and who is aiming for them.

(not sure what peaks here mean as this is translated with Papago)

• Like 3

Just got off the subbed episode. And my goodness twists after twists. So annoyed with Jung Je's mum - the wish of one woman to protect her son led to a whole bunch of people being implicated to cover one thing after another & even dying. 

Chief Nam's death hit me hard too , especially because we got to see in the flashbacks how he has always treated Dong Sik as his son. He even had Dong Sik's name in the deed for the new house. Everyone felt it and no one believes that this fatherly figure whom they all looked up to would kill Jin Mook. And they are right of course given what we saw at the end . It seems that Dong Sik's sister was running away from someone who had cut off her fingers ( I am assuming it is Jin Mook) and I think Jung Je may have hit her by accident. And I have a feeling that perhaps Jung Je who may have been on some meds does not really remember what happened. So the mum with the help of Lee Chang Jin and perhaps even JW's dad may have covered this up.  Then in the present sensing that Chief Nam is closing in on what is happening, Lee Chang Jin abetted in Jin Mook's suicide and killed Nam. I really do hope it isn't Jung Je somehow cause Dong Sik has lost enough as it is , and Jung Je and him have been the best of friends. 

If there was a silver lining in yesterday's episode was the fact that DS and JW have finally come to trust each other. I had to get used to them not being suspicious of each other though:smug:

Stills for tonight

106111095.1.jpg

• Like 4

Although few things are a surprise to me at this point, this is still an immersive viewing experience each week. If this had completed its run, you can be sure I'd be binge watching it non-stop until the end. Although the performances all round are terrific Shin Ha-kyun continues to amaze with every new development and his experience with these heavy roles shows in his ability to convey a world-weary soul weighed down by a ridiculous amount of grief. 

Spoilers***

The fact that the terrible triumvirate of Do Hae-won, Lee Chang-jin and Han Ki-hwan was behind some other seedy stuff in Manyang can't be any great surprise to anyone now but what's really galling to me is the fact that a lot of people suffered grief, ostracization and suspicion because some ambitious people couldn't bring themselves to do the right thing when tragedy occurred. On hindsight a lot of angst could have been avoided. When courage was required, they failed to demonstrate any kind of integrity. In the case of Do Hae-won, one has to ask the question if she did it for Jeong-jae's sake or for her own. By the way she phrased things about children being their parents' downfall and the fact she had him locked up in an asylum, she was essentially thinking about herself. All the extra guilt and pain she put him through....

I had always suspected that Jeong-jae and Yu-yeon were a couple but I wasn't sure about the exact nature of their dynamic or how he was connected to her death. I never thought he killed her, at least not deliberately. But I suspected that mother had something to do with it because she didn't approve. I imagine that's why she thought of sending him to the US. She probably had him tailed and did know that they were in a relationship. The younger Jeong-jae was irresponsible and called Yu-yeon out so late at night and the guilt of that evening always stayed with him because he even took the trouble to accompany Min-jung home on the night of her death. 

It's obvious Dong-sik suspects that Han Ki-hwan is connected to the deaths even if it's just covering up for other people. The investigation at the time was pretty sloppy and he was the man in-charge. Besides from what Jeong-jae said to him about Yu-yeon's death doesn't entirely add up in light of the forensics analysis of how she died. DS must know that there's a lot more to it. Jeong-jae isn't the end of it. He was under his mother's thumb. His mother called the shots and then what of Lee Chang-jin's connection to them? Dong-sik wants to get everyone involved and the complete story. I for one think he is owed the whole truth after all, these people in one fell swoop destroyed his entire family with no compunction. As long as their interests were protected that was the only thing that mattered.

I'm glad that Nam Sang-bae has been cleared of culpability. I wasn't convinced that he was involved in anything dastardly but was certain that he felt the weight of responsibility of the cold case and its effect on Dong-sik.

The Lee family lost so much that day. In one fell swoop their world crumbled. Whatever we think of Dong-sik's methods hereon, the day of reckoning has to come in some fashion to the participants in the cover-up. 

The true brilliance of this show in my view comes from the fact that more often than not, evil lies in the heart not in one's genes or even environment. The seeds are there and all it takes are the right triggers for truly terrible things to take flight. Kang Jin-mook may have turned out to be a psychopathic serial killer but evil manifests in all kinds of ways often as a result of horrific immoral choices made.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

This show gets better every week. I can't even remember how many "Oh"s I uttered watching episodes 11 and 12. Other than Jeong Je's mother, whose facial expressions are like something out of daily soaps, the rest are top-notch. These 2 really stand out. I feel more for their bromance than Dong Sik-Joo Won 😆

spacer.png

spacer.png

I'm mighty impressed by this guy 🤩

Spoiler

spacer.png

***Spoilers***

Poor Yu Yeon. Literally everyone suspected had a hand.

Spoiler
  • So she was the lady who looked into Jin Mook's van. I thought it was Jae Yi's mother. As a result, her fingers were cut off by JM but she escaped while he was disposing of the other body.
  • She ran and thought she would be saved when she saw a car. But she was knocked down instead!
  • By Joo Won's father! It was accidental. We assume he just drove off after that since there was no one around. (But how did he get tied up with Do Hae Won and Lee Chang Jin later?)
  • Then Jeong Je, who has high on medicine and alcohol, ran over Yu Yeon's body. She was already lying prone on the road so he likely didn't see her, but was she dead?
  • JJ must have called his mother.
  • Then Lee Chang Jin drove by, and JJ's mother likely bribed him to dispose of the body.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

@Chocolate The guy playing Jung Je is fantastic. I really didn't want him to be the one that ultimately killed Yu Yeon. I don't think both he and DS could ever live with that knowledge considering how they are the best of friends.

---------------------------------

Someone on twitter had a poll asking who we thought was the killer, and I chose HKH ( JW's dad ) on a pure hunch. And it turns out that it really was the case.

Nevertheless,  her death was a result of a series of unfortunate events . After a lover's tiff she ran off and chanced upon Kang Jin Mook who killed that lady. She got her fingers cut but managed to escape. HKH had  accidentally knocked her down as she was running in the dark with her hands bleeding , and because he knew this could be detrimental to his career he just drove off. I have a feeling that neither Council Woman nor Lee Chang Jin had any idea that YY was run over by HKH. JJ's mum thought that he was the one that killed YY, so that is why she covered it up with the help of Officer Cho and Lee Chang Jin. Hence she has been blackmailed & arm twisted by them over the years (free or cheap land transfers to their names). But what she did also meant that Jung Je lived with the unnecessary guilt of thinking he had been the one to kill YY.  Of course due to shock , and general haziness being under the influence of meds and alcohol, he has blocked off all the memories of that day. 

I believe Dong Sik let him off after the confession was because he knew that JJ wasn't the original killer based on what the lady coroner told them at Jae Yi's restaurant. The lady said that the sister had to be standing and was knocked down by a fast moving vehicle. But Jung Je says he rolled over YY who had passed out on the street.  Dong Sik  , like  what JW says, is  gonna use Jung Je to bait the ultimate killer.

Preview

• Like 1
  • Star Struck 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

25 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

@Chocolate The guy playing Jung Je is fantastic. I really didn't want him to be the one that ultimately killed Yu Yeon. I don't think both he and DS could ever live with that knowledge considering how that they are the best of friends.

I believe Dong Sik let him off after the confession was because he knew that JJ wasn't the original killer based on what the lady coroner told them at Jae Yi's restaurant. The lady said that the sister had to be standing and was knocked down by a fast moving vehicle. But Jung Je says he rolled over YY who had passed out on the street.  Dong Sik  , like  what JW says, is  gonna use Jung Je to bait the ultimate killer.

I think it is impossible for the coroner to determine who ultimately killed Yu Yeon. So much time has passed and there are only bones left. Essentially both Han Ki Hwan and Jeong Je are just as culpable - although both were accidental, but both did not call for medical help.

Does anyone think Jeong Je will be killed next?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 2
On 3/29/2021 at 3:17 AM, Chocolate said:

Does anyone think Jeong Je will be killed next?

At this stage I wouldn't be surprised if he is although I hope he won't. 

I also like the last 2 eps very much especially the ending of ep 12. I no longer suspected HKH for some eps already. I thought he was just a corrupt police officer. Well to be honest I was surprised when the revealed that JJ mum and Lee Chang jin were connected to YY's death as well. So these revelations were really nice twists for me :) 

Yay that it turns out the other officer wasn't guilty (the one who also went to the head quarter). I'm happy to see these familiar colleagues working together with more trust towards each other :Party02:

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

Hi all, just wanted to check-in 😃
I only started this drama this week due to being too busy for several weeks. It’s kinda good to be able to binge watch, but missing the guessing and speculating with fellow viewers. 
Am going into ep.8 now. Yeah, ep.7 was too early to have the big bad arrested. I am guessing he only killed MJ, JY’s mother and the illegal immigrant. At least those are the ones confirmed for now. I can’t wait to catch up with the rest of aired episodes. 

A bit on the side, I am feeling intense chemistry between JY and JW, hahaa... I wonder if there will be any love line... but whatever, can they please act in another drama perhaps as the OTP? I think a melo would be better, instead of rom-com 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

9 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

A bit on the side, I am feeling intense chemistry between JY and JW, hahaa... I wonder if there will be any love line... but whatever, can they please act in another drama perhaps as the OTP? I think a melo would be better, instead of rom-com 😆

Yay! You are watching this ....ahem spoiler 

Spoiler

JTBC teased us with potential love line (included it in their promo & character chart - but so far only good feelings. There's attraction there , I think. 

--------------

New stills

106211713.1.jpg

• Like 5

All caught up to ep.12! It's great writing and reveal bit-by-bit enough to keep us viewers watching. I knew the mother, father and ex-husband would be involved somehow with LYY's death. Otherwise, no point having them if it's just about land development. But I would never have guessed how they're connected. Poor YY... a series of unfortunate thing happened to her in that one single night. 

Poor JJ. Such selfish mother, urgh! reminded me of the mother in another drama, which right now the name of the drama escaped me, but it's similar in that she covered up everything to protect her child's accidental crime.

I had to wonder how and what made OJH married that LCJ. Good for her to divorce him. She must've seen his evil shady side after marriage.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

On 3/28/2021 at 11:32 PM, abs-oluteM said:

Think my train of thought here was more or less confirmed in eps 13. DS sends JJ back to his mother , and got him to ask her a bunch of questions. DS was pretty certain that JJ wasn't the 1st one to knock his sister down.  From more detailed flashbacks the mum had called on LCJ after she arrived at the scene & he had promised to clean up. But he didn't. Seems like from what Jung Je has deduced, LCJ probably left the body there. I think that was how Kang Jin Mook "returned" the body back to Dong Sik and buried it in the wall of DS's basement. However LCJ has been using this to blackmail JJ's mum - hence continuous land transfers at below market value over the last two decades.  I don't think JJ's mum knows that Chief Han was the one that hit DS's sister but I am not sure about LCJ.

The reason why I think LCJ may know is because LCJ had gone to see Kang Jin Mook on behalf of Chief Han. So I believe instigating Jin Mook's death was Han's idea. Superintendent Jung revealed this when he had that conversation with Han saying he never turned off the CCTV even though Han asked him to. So anyway LCJ must surely know that Han has something to do with DS's sister's death. 

Anyway DS gets intel from Ji Hwa who has been tracking her ex hubs , and finds out that LCJ and Chief Han have contact. DS is now suspicious of Han. This is going to make things very complicated given that JW is investigating this with him. That was why he was testing JW's loyalty - was it towards his father or was it to uphold justice? It was hard for JW -  you could tell that as much as he hated what DS told him, he knew that his father had something to do with this. So that was why JW tipped off the reporter and also tried to "bait" his father.

However, I think JW underestimated the father ( at least that is what has been shown). Among the unholy trinity of LCJ, JungJe's mum and himself, Han is the biggest snake. He has been very good at covering his tracks , and he knows his son very well.  I wasn't sure why Chief Han's intentions of meeting DS - was it to get the latter on his side? But anyhow I think Chief Han also underestimated how crazy DS can be. I was shocked that DS came in to arrest JW - I cannot fully grasp what DS's ultimate plan is for doing this but clearly it is to stall time for Han's appointment and also was this to hit Chief Han where it hurts the most? After all JW is Chief Han's biggest weakness. What I am curios though is whether JW is also in on this plan or was it completely DS's idea? 

This expression here suggests that they are both working together to catch Chief Han off guard?

O3WCfs9.png

21 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

had to wonder how and what made OJH married that LCJ. Good for her to divorce him. She must've seen his evil shady side after marriage.

IKR ...he is such a slimy character - even in his younger days he was such thug. Maybe some sort of arranged marriage since he was learning taekwondo at her father's studio. 

New stills...hmm does seem like JW will be properly investigated

202104031609080429.jpg

• Like 5
  • Clapping Hands 2

On 4/2/2021 at 11:34 PM, ktcjdrama said:

I had to wonder how and what made OJH married that LCJ. Good for her to divorce him. She must've seen his evil shady side after marriage.

It would be such a hoot if they showed us how LCJ courted OJH 😂 Though LCJ is an evil businessman here, but some of his scenes are quite fun/funny and his love for "my Ji Hwa" seems real 😍😅

I really like this drama. First thing every Sat and Sun morning, I check if the subbed version is out. It's well written and the mystery and revelations are flowing smoothly. It is logical and doesn't throw up sudden info/scenes just to twist the story. The involvement of the supporting cast and their backstory/contribution to the mystery is also interesting. Not many filler scenes in this drama 👍

8EZeKPf.png

I quite pity Han Gi Hwan. He is ambitious but there's nothing wrong with that in itself. He had a goal and a plan to get there. He married a woman, whose family, he thought could help him. But it turned out that she was a liability. He had to help his in-laws get a contract and it led him into cahoots with Lee Chang Jin. She tried to commit suicide and he was rushing to her and that was how he knocked down Yu Yeon while speeding. Of course, first and foremost, he has an evil side, and thus instead of doing the right thing when things happen, he takes the route that will help him attain his goal, and there's no going back once you start. If he had a "good wife/in-laws", would he have made a good Police Commissioner General?

But what does this mean? 👀

dhxHP4A.png

Great to see that Dong Sik and Joo Won are finally working together. Now they pretend to bicker 😆 and their conversations have more substance then before, when they were mostly quarrelling due to Joo Won's stubborness and one-track mind.

Last year when I first started being interested in kdramas, going to wikipedia and checking out the ratings was one way of assessing if a drama was worth watching. But I've found that ratings seem to be entirely inaccurate. There are a lot of good dramas like this which have very average rating, sadly.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

I haven't seen E14, but @Chocolate, same as you - I want to know how in the world a scum like Lee Chang Jin is able to court Oh Ji Hwa and got her to marry him. He's just so shady! It's so cringy every time he says, "My Ji Hwa". He was a part of some gangster group too when young, so Ji Hwa must likes bad boys. LOLLL.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 6
2 hours ago, Chocolate said:

But I've found that ratings seem to be entirely inaccurate. There are a lot of good dramas like this which have very average rating, sadly.

I won’t say it’s entirely inaccurate because some dramas really worth the hype, but at the same time it’s true there have been many great dramas gone unnoticed because of ratings. I personally never go by ratings and never care about it. 

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2

MTDzeiV.gif

2 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Not many filler scenes in this drama

The filler scenes are Dong Shik & Joo Won talking in circles :lol: and put me & @SilverMoonTea to :ducksleepy:

---

Episode 14 was awesome! Sooo much better than 13. This also means I didn't fall asleep :lol:

I honestly was annoyed that the show stopped at where Joo Won was holding the golf bat heading, I think, towards his father's car and possibly wanted to smash the hell out of it. I want to see Yeo Jin Goo lose control. Comparing to his other roles, I wasn't as impressed with this character until this episode when he hears the confession. His reactions had been excellent and the emotions were reaching a climax and the show had to end it there. :pandaroar:

So what's that secret Do Hae Won has? Is he talking about fabricating the report? I hate this woman. She reminded me just how much I hated her Omma character in Pretty Noona Buys Me Food. Both characters are overbearing. Ugh.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5