Be My Princess 影帝的公主 [2022]

ok I've watched the latest 2 episodes.... and I have a burning question.

Spoiler

it's E28, and there's 2 more episodes to go. And both ML and FL have already married. So what on earth are they going to focus on in the last 2 episodes?

Can I be cruel and say that this time round, it's all been a dream. And the FL and ML were in a car accident together. And when the FL wakes up, she's forgotten everything that's happened. And now the ML has to bear the brunt of it all, and make her love him all over again. tit for tat.

• Haha 2
15 hours ago, IpohBanana said:

ok I've watched the latest 2 episodes.... and I have a burning question.

ahahah I am here to ask the same question. Everything wrapped up so nicely...so is there really 2 more episodes? @Tofu any idea?

Their kiss compilation

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@IpohBanana @Tofu when I did a translate for this tweet , I think the last two episodes is devoted to the historical part of the show. While Ming Wei & MTZ have their happy ending , I think they perhaps want the same for Princess & Grand Tutor?

Translation

Romance drama #BeMyPrincess releases new stills of #XuZhengxi and #ZhouJieqiong as the drama closes the modern chapter today for VIPs, with the historical chapter ending for VIPs on April 13

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@abs-oluteM they both dream

Spoiler

and they are back in the ancient times, and this time round the story has changed, and the ending is re-written. 

2 episodes of that??? Anyway I wanted to say, today is Wednesday, today is Wednesday [me jumping around and counting down the hours till its 8pm]

@Tofu you'll keep watching right?

Edited by IpohBanana
  • Clapping Hands 1
4 hours ago, Tofu said:

@IpohBanana WHAT?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shocked2:

I was guessing based on the tweet that @abs-oluteM posted. It would make sense to give them both a closure, it's not a time travel drama.

Spoiler

So the only way they can both do that is (a) both get into a car accident (again) or (b) both dream, the night they consummate their marriage (fitting, as they are garbed in costumes, in a room that is set up like a scene out of the drama, from the very drama they shot.

Fitting? No? btw, @Tofu @abs-oluteM do you know who is the voice actor who over dubbed JX? [you know, at certain angles, JX looks a bit like Gao Wei Guang]

Tbh, I wasn't expecting much from this show. I was a little skeptical of the actress playing the FL. However, the drama has grown on me and it's become more endearing as the story unravels itself, certainly it helps that JX is the ML. I like the way a letter found its way to Ming Wei after Mu Yun left. I was rather troubled that I would not hear JX's deep voice but strangely this Voice Actor has a more soothing voice, the intonation and delivery has matched the emotions when it mattered most. And I like how JX portrayed the stumbling lovelorn adolescent in Mu Ting Zhou (MTZ), clearly no match for Mu Yun (MY) in terms of EQ and in expressing his love language. And I would like to say that just like real life, this once rookie actress has indeed made some strides since I last saw her in Ms Truth. 

(interestingly in her interview, she said she can relate to this drama because she is a rookie who received a good script!)

I question myself though whether Ming Wei would have really accepted him (or how much longer it would have taken) had he not recovered his memories as the Grand Tutor. I think she was beginning to accept his sincerity but deep down inside I believe it would have taken much, much longer -  she appears to have established a psychological barrier of sorts which was holding her back from falling in love with a doppelganger.

PS I read somewhere that someone found JX stiff in his portrayal of MTZ. I think that was intentional, MTZ is socially inept. And as the pyschologist told Mu Yun (when he questioned the former as to why MTZ had taken on a different persona), he was someone who poured his entire soul into his career, and would not let anyone get to know him beyond the facade he had put up to the real world. So, the aloofness, the indifference he showed Ming Wei at the very beginning was that facade. And finally when he realised he had let her into his heart, he let down his guard and became distinctly more gentle towards her. Even Xiao Zhou rebuked him for his demeanour, so that is my take of MTZ, pre-Ming Wei era. Hats off to JX for portraying three masks/persona; MTZ the actor, MTZ the person, MY.

Edited by IpohBanana
  • Clapping Hands 2

@Tofu @abs-oluteM Can someone explain to me the link between E28 and E29 & 30? Fan service? An afterthought?

Spoiler

Essentially it's just all the previous clips put together. And the ending? A dream sequence? Or was that what the brother, the Emperor set up for them after they both supposedly died in their official capacity? Given the hazy images, I am thinking this is a dream-verse. And so the modern world ended in E28??

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, IpohBanana said:

@Tofu @abs-oluteM Can someone explain to me the link between E28 and E29 & 30? Fan service? An afterthought?

Reveal hidden contents

I just finished ...and here I was thinking they are going to rewrite the Grand Tutor and Princess story - all they did was just put all the clips together and make it a nice story. No link to eps 28 at all for sure. And the last few minutes was pure fan service - an alternate ending if Grand Tutor had owned up to his feelings and they had gotten together. But given how dreamy the sequence look , it feels like in another life or something . LOL!! 

• Like 2

Were they trying to show us the full production of the Grand Tutor drama filmed with these last two episodes? I guess I don’t understand the link between them and episode 28. I’m not complaining though. I enjoyed the historical parts in this drama. It was nice seeing them all together. 

@IpohBanana I’m not sure who the voice actor is but after awhile, I didn’t mind it so much. Also agreed about what you said about Mu Tingzhou and Mu Yun too. I thought Jeremy did a good job portraying all his characters. 

Now that this drama is over, when is the next Jeremy drama coming out? :laugh:

• Like 2

@Tofu  I heard Dong Hua's voice, I would hazard a guess, Zhang Jie (again).

Someone commented that he tends to overpower FL's with his on stage presence. And the fact that the actress playing the FL could equal him in on-screen presence is a compliment to her, despite her being relatively a rookie. Having been trained in Korea (plus inborn talent), it probably honed her and brought her up to speed for the entertainment industry.

I was curious about his off screen chemistry with Zhou Jie Qiong (Pinky), as compared with Bridgette Qiao Xin (from The Autumn Ballad), and I would say he looks at the latter slightly differently, more fondly that much could be observed. But Pinky is a lot more comfortable with him, I think it's her personality.

Next up would be (at least based on what's written in MDL) 造作时光 Zao Zuo Shi Guang (completed filming in Jan 2022) if we are lucky Q4 2022 perhaps? His face looks very sharp though, must have lost weight for this drama. Another one where he acts as cold, aloof prince. haha, suits him well, I guess?

If you can watch this, him in a CNY greeting for this year: https://v.qq.com/x/cover/mzc00200auwca9q/s00411iwi65.html

e16d9a1dly1h0xkneunqtj243c64wkjp.jpg

The other one 春花厌 (Kill Me Love Me) has a bit of a bizzare storyline (based on the novel) but I think they have not even begun filming as the FL got passed on from one person to another, last I heard, it's gone to Zhao Li Ying. Rumoured to start filming in May this year. So this one, will be next year at best. Someone in a forum wrote that this story is a bit sadomachistic? Anti-hero qualities in the ML.
hhmmm.... I can imagine why JX would choose such a script, LOL

Edited by IpohBanana
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1