One Ordinary Day 어느 날 [2021]

Is that photo showing Hyun Soo? I can’t see the resemblance 😆 Anyway, it shows the guy putting a hand on the neck and the other hand at the back of the head ~ strangling? choking? 

Hyun Soo I think might have a panic disorder that he always overly reacted and cannot be calm and use his brain to think of next step. Yes, I agree that he is foolish. Enough to take drugs from a pretty stranger he meets and then sleep with her. Definitely unwise and immature person who is easily swayed. 

So okay, I am voting he is innocent. I have no clue about the original. How old was it? I might have watched it though... 😂 just don’t remember. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Episode 5

This is a very good episode!

Uri Il Hwa Prosecutor is still playing dirty and getting the expert to lie/suggest the cut on Hyun Soo's palm was a slip from his stabbing. Doesn't Hyun Soo remember he got this cut through breaking in or he panic so much that he forgot? I'd think there should be traces of blood on the broken glass there.

The good news we see Chief Park doing some real investigation. Show didn't tell us if he finds any new evidence but boy I'm just glad he's looking into it!

I am thoroughly amused and had a crack at the scene where Shin Doong Han offers his ex-wife a beer and the scene cuts to them lying in bed side by side naked and Shin Doong Han tries to explain away their happy time with Charles Darwin. I couldn't pay attention to what he said coz I was too busy laughing and watching their facial expression and body language. :lmao2:

Hyun Soo being bullied scenes were very confronting. I was screwing up my face, particularly the one where the other guy burn his palm. That burning palm scene looks so real, feels so real and I was very affected by Kim Soo Hyun's cries. That was very good acting from Kim Soo Hyun.

Do Ji Tae's intention has come clear this episode. I am not sure what to think of him as a person however I feel in comparison with other bullies, he's at least reasonable. He treats a person decently and he repays a favour with another.

The court scene is really good too. The show moved quite fast, omitting the jurors picking bit. Looking forward to the crime scene visit in next episode.

@Chocolate Do you still think Hyun Soo is guilty? It just doesn't seem right for a guilty man to endure so much bullying in the prison.

• Clapping Hands 3

Agree. I liked ep 5 too. In fact, all 5 episodes have been good. I will watch the original British version once this ends.

The bullying in prison is quite hard to watch. This portrayal is much closer to my expectations of prison life as compared to Prison Playbook - which seems a luxury and non-deterrent to real criminals. Wonder how a real Korean prison is like, or are both realistic - just like in US, there's a scale from relax>harsh facilities/management.

I'm a little disappointed that Do Ji Tae is a drug taker. I suppose I wanted his intentions to be a little more noble. And most smart drug kingpins avoid drugs themselves. That said, he seems to have a soft spot for Hyun Soo, trying to help him at his court appearances. Let's see if we get more of his intentions later.

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I am thoroughly amused and had a crack at the scene where Shin Doong Han offers his ex-wife a beer and the scene cuts to them lying in bed side by side naked and Shin Doong Han tries to explain away their happy time with Charles Darwin. I couldn't pay attention to what he said coz I was too busy laughing and watching their facial expression and body language.

Yes, the scene better Shin Joong Han and his ex-wife was soooooo funny! I knew it, the minute he asked her to stay for beer. He was already looking down her blouse or up her skirt split when they were inspecting the bedroom at the crime scene. I'm not sure they had a happy time though. She definitely doesn't look too happy hahahaha. In fact, he was so busy explaining how his former self was a "beast"🤣, I think either "you raise me up" didn't happen or she wasn't satisfied because his d*** shrunk from disuse? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

"For something to strengthen and enlarge, it must be used frequently. If not, it will only shrink."

- Chapter 5, Laws of Variation, On the Origin of Species by Charles Darwin

Wonder what happened to this family, why he and his ex-wife divorced. He's obviously fairly astute and intelligent. How did his career go down the dumps? To the extent that he is undervaluing himself - the other lawyer Seo Soo Jin had a budget of $50K, she hasn't spoken and he cut his fee to $30K all on his own. He did a good presentation at his daughter's school though. It was interesting to the students and the explanation on why defendants deserved legal representation struck a chord. His daughter was proud of her father at that moment. Hopefully this family reunites.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Agree with what you both have written above. 

5 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Doesn't Hyun Soo remember he got this cut through breaking in or he panic so much that he forgot? I'd think there should be traces of blood on the broken glass there.

See how foolish he is... He never gives any information that may help his case at all to his lawyer. It's like he doesn't use his brain at all and can only cower in fear. He is too consumed by his worry and fear. He only keeps saying he didn't do it. He is so lucky to meet a good lawyer in Shin, who believes him based on gut feel. Otherwise, Hyun Soo is basically dead meat in his case. Yes, I'm getting quite impatient with him now. If I were his lawyer, I would've slammed down my hand on the table for him to tell me more :pandaheadstomp: That said, I pitied him a lot for the bullying that happened to him. Yes, that burning of his palm was really hard to watch. 

Shin Doong Han tries to explain away their happy time with Charles Darwin. I couldn't pay attention to what he said coz I was too busy laughing and watching their facial expression and body language

That was too funny... and I guess you weren't watching with subs? Because it ain't happy times at all, like @Chocolate mentioned. Big fail there :laugh:

1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

I'm a little disappointed that Do Ji Tae is a drug taker. I suppose I wanted his intentions to be a little more noble.

Me too... but so clever the way they smuggled the drug in. I still want to know more about him. 

You know that luminol picture of naked Hyun So? They should shoot his butt too for the luminol reaction. I bet there'll be lots of blood spotted also. Then one should wonder how a stabbed and dead girl could still grab his butt, right? :thinking:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

The bullying in prison is quite hard to watch. This portrayal is much closer to my expectations of prison life as compared to Prison Playbook - which seems a luxury and non-deterrent to real criminals. Wonder how a real Korean prison is like, or are both realistic - just like in US, there's a scale from relax>harsh facilities/management.

Prison Playbook is black comedy so I don't expect it to be a representation of the real life prison. However this one I would think is more closer to the depiction. For example all inmates despise rapists and unfortunately Hyun Soo entered the prison charge for rape and murder. That reminds me! I don't get why he's been charged for rape when it was consensual sex and there should be evidence on her body that there's no forced intercourse. In addition I thought a suspect's identity should be kept under wraps / confidential since criminals have privacy rights too? So why was Hyun Soo's photo being publicized all over the news?

Yes, the scene better Shin Joong Han and his ex-wife was soooooo funny! I knew it, the minute he asked her to stay for beer. He was already looking down her blouse or up her skirt split when they were inspecting the bedroom at the crime scene. I'm not sure they had a happy time though. She definitely doesn't look too happy hahahaha. In fact, he was so busy explaining how his former self was a "beast"🤣, I think either "you raise me up" didn't happen or she wasn't satisfied because his d*** shrunk from disuse? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

OMG you crack me up! :lmao2: I didn't think of it that way!

"For something to strengthen and enlarge, it must be used frequently. If not, it will only shrink."

- Chapter 5, Laws of Variation, On the Origin of Species by Charles Darwin

Did you look this up? :lmao2:

1 minute ago, ktcjdrama said:

That was too funny... and I guess you weren't watching with subs? Because it ain't happy times at all, like @Chocolate mentioned. Big fail there 

Hahahaha I was busy laughing and couldn't pay attention to his big talk about Charles Darwin.

2 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

You know that luminol picture of naked Hyun So? They should shoot his butt too for the luminol reaction. I bet there'll be lots of blood spotted also. Then one should wonder how a stabbed and dead girl could still grab his butt, right?

:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Do you still think Hyun Soo is guilty? It just doesn't seem right for a guilty man to endure so much bullying in the prison.

Yes, I do. Because up to the latest episode, it is solely focused on Hyun Soo. There are no other suspects.

Let's say Hyun Soo is not guilty. Shin Joong Han successful defends him. The jury votes he is not guilty based on evidence presented at the trial eg. the cocktail of alcohol and drugs prove he is incapacitated; there is no direct evidence showing he killed her; it's all circumstantial.

How do you feel about that ending? Ordinary? Would it make the original story so compelling/acclaimed?

Alternatively, the forensic ex-wife/Detective Park/Shin Joong Han finds some major evidence that overturns the case. This is a bit better. What could be this stunning evidence? But audiences are demanding. Not only do we want to know he didn't do it, we want to know WHO did it. And it cannot be some guy off the street at the last minute. So who could it be? And that's the problem for me - if they don't show potential suspects soon, I'm not going to care whoever it is.

Spoiler

In episode 5, the camera panned to the stepfather and this woman twice. Is she the victim's friend? The one at the funeral parlour? I don't remember what else they showed about her. The other possible suspect is the guy whose car was hit in episode 1 - he was shifty, but nothing else is shown about him since then.

jaojJJd.png?1

I agree that there are many points that make Hyun Soo seem innocent:

- the alcohol/drug cocktail (even if he did it, he doesn't remember)

- we saw that he was shocked to discover her dead

- his "panic disorder"

- he got caught and being bullied in prison

- lack of motive

Spoiler

In addition to the wound on Hyun Soo's hand, this "evidence" is also easy to disproof.

The victim's hand was already wounded when they were playing with the knife. She was tracking blood up the stair handrails. Naturally if they had sex, she would be touching Hyun Soo and her blood would be all over him. Furthermore, most of her stab wounds were in her back. She was found dead lying face down. This is not a strong evidence in my opinion.

Edit: Just read @ktcjdrama's point about the butt 😂 Even better.

UiOtQor.png

Aside from the above, I am getting a bit tired/sceptical by all of Hyun Soo's moaning/crying/panicked scenes 😂 There seems to be too much of it. How old is he? Man up a bit. Somehow, I feel absolutely no sympathy for him.

The scene that got to me was when he called his father to ask for money. His family is not well off to begin with. He knew his dad could not continue his usual work as a taxi driver because the car is impounded. His father told him he could only transfer $300 now and the rest later. Yet, he only cared that he was being bullied. In view of the struggle by his family, I think he should just tolerate the bullying. Afterall, there's no end to it if you give in to the bully - does he plan to continuously ask his family for money?

I hope I am wrong and the drama gives me a "Ohhhhhhhh" moment at the end.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

See how foolish he is... He never gives any information that may help his case at all to his lawyer. It's like he doesn't use his brain at all and can only cower in fear. He is too consumed by his worry and fear. He only keeps saying he didn't do it. He is so lucky to meet a good lawyer in Shin, who believes him based on gut feel. Otherwise, Hyun Soo is basically dead meat in his case.

Exactly. Can anyone really be this foolish? Even if he didn't remember to tell his lawyer, surely when he is accused, he should be able to explain it? It baffles me.

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

Did you look this up?

Haha, do you think I have so much free time? It was in the subs 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Aside from the above, I am getting a bit tired/sceptical by all of Hyun Soo's moaning/crying/panicked scenes 😂 There seems to be too much of it. How old is he? Man up a bit. Somehow, I feel absolutely no sympathy for him.

LOL so tough/strict. Hyun Soo is 25. Not very mature based on his actions.

The scene that got to me was when he called his father to ask for money. His family is not well off to begin with. He knew his dad could not continue his usual work as a taxi driver because the car is impounded. His father told him he could only transfer $300 now and the rest later. Yet, he only cared that he was being bullied. In view of the struggle by his family, I think he should just tolerate the bullying. Afterall, there's no end to it if you give in to the bully - does he plan to continuously ask his family for money?

We don't actually know if Hyun Soo was told his father's taxi hasn't been returned to him. I'm also wondering if he knew his sister had to transfer school. I don't think his parents would tell him much what's happening as he's already had a lot on his plate, just like how Jung Hae In's brother doesn't tell him anything in Prison Playbook.

1 minute ago, Chocolate said:

Haha, do you think I have so much free time? It was in the subs 😂

You had the time to download/record the clip and upload on YouTube! :smug: I think Google is faster than what you did there.

• Haha 3
3 hours ago, Chocolate said:

I am there with you. My motto is, if you don’t help yourself, no one can help you. 

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

LOL so tough/strict. Hyun Soo is 25. Not very mature based on his actions.

Yeah but some 25 yo already a father... But I thought he is younger. Still in university, right?

28 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

The painting on the wall!!!

😂 Now, that I didn’t notice. Too busy reading subs and watching them 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

MTDzeiV.gif

4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

LOL will there be more tears or...?

Wait, what?... We had this similar bucket count thing for one drama before (Youth of May?) but for this drama?? I was about to start ep.6, should I find another time? Don’t wanna go to bed with puffy eyes. 

• Haha 3

MTDzeiV.gif

46 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

@ktcjdrama episode 6 focuses more on the trial. If it gives you puffy eyes, please let me know which part 😂

Finished. No tears 😆 (good thing no eye-rolling as well). Had to take the risk, because come weekend, there will be other new episodes, so must catch up. 

We’ve been shown that Hyun Soo is left-handed. Will this play a part to prove his innocence? The police and investigators are really doing haphazard job with this case that went on national news. I want them to be shamed, nationally. It doesn’t seem that the retiring officer and annoying prosecutor are being ordered by anyone. They just really could care less about the truth of what happened that night. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

MTDzeiV.gif

EP7 is transformation. It’s about time that he toughened up instead of crying at every instance. Or could it be his true colour is showing? 😂

The cross examination at the end of EP6 was an own goal. He disregards counsel’s advice and decided that he must explain his side of the story. To his detriment. Because in the face of a skilled prosecutor, even an innocent person may get into trouble - what more Hyun Soo, who is inarticulate.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Heh heh heh. See the highlighted paragraph below 😈

@SnowBlob Do you think Hyun Soo is innocent or guilty?

Kim Soo Hyun Falls Apart As He Loses All Hope In “One Ordinary Day”

Dec 17, 2021 by L. Kim

Coupang Play’s “One Ordinary Day” shared a glimpse of Kim Soo Hyun’s emotional breakdown in the upcoming episode.

“One Ordinary Day” is a drama about an ordinary college student named Kim Hyun Soo who becomes a murder suspect overnight (Kim Soo Hyun) and a third-rate lawyer named Shin Joong Han who is the only one who helps him but never asks him the truth of what happened that night (Cha Seung Won).

Spoilers

In episode 6, Kim Hyun Soo collapsed during an on-site verification. This led to an issue that the on-site verification had been too excessive, which gave him an advantageous position in the trial. However, when he was asked if he had killed Hong Guk Hwa (Hwang Se On), he changed his statement, saying, “I don’t know,” bringing chaos in the courtroom.

Then new stills show Kim Soo Hyun falling apart. His face is covered with cuts and bruises, and his expression is pale with hopelessness. He frantically washes his face, but he eventually collapses and bursts into tears. In particular, the never-before-seen look in his eyes is drawing attention. Viewers are keen to find out why Kim Soo Hyun is so devastated and if he will show a different side after returning to prison.

kim-soo-hyun.jpg

Kim Soo Hyun was praised by the staff for expressing Kim Hyun Soo’s frustration and confusion as he returns to the hellish prison where there’s no one on his side. In this scene, Kim Soo Hyun had to portray his emotions without any lines. He put on a riveting sobbing performance that made everyone on the set immerse into Kim Hyun Soo’s unfair situation.

The production team stated, “Viewers who empathized with Kim Hyun Soo may become shocked by the last two episodes. Please look forward to it.”

The next episode of “One Ordinary Day” airs on December 18 at midnight KST.

Source

• Haha 3

Episode 7 showed so much loopholes in the police investigation, and the prosecution turning a blind eye to evidences pointing towards the murderer is right handed. Having said that, Hyun Soo could be ambidextrous for all we know. The thing I find very unclear is how much Hyun Soo told the police during the first interrogation. Did he tell them he cut his hand through breaking the glass? Did they ignore this fact? Or he was so out of it, he forgot? When Shin Joong Han and wife presented the evidences to court, it all seems like news to everyone when all of the evidences should have been on paper by now. What were the K-CSI doing?

So no more tears in this episode as you guys wish @Chocolate and @ktcjdrama LOL. Hyun Soo has toughen up although I feel he's just imitating Do Ji Tae* and looking even more 欠打 instead, especially his behaviour at court. I thought the lawyer would usually teach the defendant what/how to behave or look? *The awesome haircut looks like Do Ji Tae's LOL.

Anyway it was nice seeing Hyun Soo man up and defend himself against the bully (LOL, Song Joong Ki's agency mate that one xD). I chuckle watching him pretending he doesn't know how to smoke since I fully knew Kim Soo Hyun is a smoker in real life. Have to say he's smoking it so well after that (the skills showed LOL).

I really hope the finale episode end well and so is Shin Joong Han, getting cured from his dermatitis. Assuming Hyun Soo walks free, it's curious to see whether Hyun Soo will return home and be a good boy and live a completely different life from before. I don't see him getting 100% emotional support from his family and from how things play out, it almost look like his family has lost trust/faith in him as well. 

One more night, we'll have the answer! Can't wait!

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
11 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

So no more tears in this episode as you guys wish @Chocolate and @ktcjdrama LOL. Hyun Soo has toughen up although I feel he's just imitating Do Ji Tae* and looking even more 欠打 instead, especially his behaviour at court. I thought the lawyer would usually teach the defendant what/how to behave or look? *The awesome haircut looks like Do Ji Tae's LOL.

Haha. Definitely the new hairstyle is much better. Strengthening himself is also a smart thing and they have so much time in prison anyway. But you're right - he seems to be extreme. Now he has a bit of an attitude - slouching, wearing black, looking like a spoilt boy - does he not know that will not help him in court too?

11 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Episode 7 showed so much loopholes in the police investigation, and the prosecution turning a blind eye to evidences pointing towards the murderer is right handed. Having said that, Hyun Soo could be ambidextrous for all we know. The thing I find very unclear is how much Hyun Soo told the police during the first interrogation. Did he tell them he cut his hand through breaking the glass? Did they ignore this fact? Or he was so out of it, he forgot? When Shin Joong Han and wife presented the evidences to court, it all seems like news to everyone when all of the evidences should have been on paper by now. What were the K-CSI doing?

Agree, about the left-handedness (he stopped twirling the pen at the end of the testimony; good catch by @ktcjdrama) and the rest. I am a little disappointed by Detective Park - always thought he was objective but now it seems he is fixated and ignoring the other possibilities - not that I believe all the points raised by Lawyer Shin, but in the context of the drama, that is reasonable doubt (Lawyer Shin's ex-wife did a fantastic job). And for him to not even investigate it? A bit careless in a murder and someone's life is at stake.

FG02mdOVkAEzsn_?format=jpg&name=900x900

Now this, I always preferred that if he was guilty, he was just pretending to be innocent. But now we are almost at the end, and it seems he really doesn't remember. I don't know what to think about that. Because if he did kill her unknowingly, does that make it not such a major crime since it was not intentional?

For a minute there, I thought Hyun Soo was going to Ask Do Ji Tae why he was helping him 😂 I'd really like to know that.

Lawyer Shin - I think he needs to stop using markers! Everytime he is touching the ink, he starts scratching.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1