JangHaven's 2021 Most Anticipated KDramas

SnowBlob

You may start voting for the Semifinals! I opened it a little earlier just because I need to go offline soon. 

I'll check the result tomorrow and so I'm casting my votes this round: 

Jirisan and HP2 

Have a great weekend everyone :GengarCool:

• Like 6
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

Oops I’m late to join the voting and sorry I missed the nomination when @SnowBlobtagged me but I trust everyone here with more experience in kdrama land to give variety in nominations. :yayaya:

For me, I’m looking forward to Jirisan because of the cast and the setting! My other would be Times as I would love to watch Lee Joo-Young in this role ever since I first watch her in The Ghost Detective but also because I love Signal (which was inspired by one of my fave film Frequency) so I wouldn’t mind another time-related solving and saving storyline. 

• Like 5
  • Clapping Hands 2
On 1/15/2021 at 4:15 AM, SnowBlob said:

@Jane summoning HP fans reminded me of the past battle whereby @abs-oluteM tried to summon ppl to vote for her ship. @Jane lucky you didnt start offering ppl stuff so they voted for HP

HAHAHAHAH That was a a few days of super fun chaos! I am not such a good marketer, unfortunately! But looks I need to another round of summoning? 

@im0202 @SilverMoonTea @stroppyse@left_phalangeDon't forget to vote!

Edited by Jane
  • Haha 6

@joccu__ I also just realised that there are many changes here who don't quite like HP.. for me..if it's really not for IkSong, I probably wouldn't be too invested in HP as I am now :P 

@Jane looking at the result for now you don't need any summoning :P 

@Alice WonderlandLOL good thing you missed that one that you didn't need to vote but make sure you vote from now on

@eNDe Hello!! Don't think we've 'met' before. I'm also interested in Times also because it really sounds like Signal which I really like. Still waiting for Signal 2 btw..if only that were confirmed, I would have nominated it! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 5

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

7 hours ago, SnowBlob said:

@eNDe Hello!! Don't think we've 'met' before. I'm also interested in Times also because it really sounds like Signal which I really like. Still waiting for Signal 2 btw..if only that were confirmed, I would have nominated it! 

Hello! Yeah we haven’t “met” haha and I probably haven’t with a lot others overall in JH. I was active in Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol drama thread only as I tend to watch and follow one current drama at a time. Heh. I think most of you have quite some kind of superpower to juggle a few current dramas at once. 👏🏼 

Appreciate the contributions all around with great discussions and sharing. Thankful to @JenL for asking me to check out JH while I was at another forum.   

And you’re right...and Signal 2 is much needed as it set the standard high (well at least for me haha) for a crime and time-related storyline with its story, direction, script, acting, pace and ost in kdrama land. For such quality whenever I find in some kdramas over the short time I do spend watching them, it became the sole reason why I begin to like kdramas. It’s like a new place for me to study and appreciate its production after so much influence from watching western dramas and films. 😬

Edited by eNDe
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Awesome 2

@eNDe I'm currently watching 4 airing dramas/VS... and can't keep up already. Most of the time I'm playing catch up :BulbaConfused: and there are still a few finished dramas that I want to watch that I can't because too many airing dramas I'm watching..ottokkee :nervous: 

What drama are you currently watching now that DoDoSolSol finished already? Maybe one of these upcoming ones will be of your interest? I really hope they will make season 2 for Signal... I just want to know what happen when they meet the detective (played by Cho jin Woong). ohh..although they make Japanese version of it and I just checked that have a drama, a special and a movie! Maybe I should check that one out?

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

17 hours ago, eNDe said:

Hello! Yeah we haven’t “met” haha and I probably haven’t with a lot others overall in JH. I was active in Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol drama thread only as I tend to watch and follow one current drama at a time. Heh. I think most of you have quite some kind of superpower to juggle a few current dramas at once. 👏🏼 

Hi eNDe! Nice to meet you! I know what you mean about multiple dramas! I have gone back to one drama at this point and I am still playing catch up but I do watch variety show episodes as well. But I love this forum for the daily chit-chats, do check out the lounges for that. See you around! :yayaya:

• Like 1
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Party! 1

Winner Announcement

:Party01: JangHavenites have crowned Hospital Playlist 2 as the Korean drama they most anticipated in 2021. Congratulations :Party02:

2nd Place: River where the Moon Rises

3rd Place: Jirisan

We thank all the members who patiently went through the gruelling voting process over the last 4 days. Although the drama you nominated/like may not win the title, it doesn't mean that it is not anticipated and not well-liked :) We hope you have fun regardless and we'll see you around in the drama threads on JangHaven~ 

:hearties:

• Like 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Party! 4

On 1/17/2021 at 7:34 AM, SnowBlob said:

What drama are you currently watching now that DoDoSolSol finished already? Maybe one of these upcoming ones will be of your interest?

The Uncanny Counter! In between I might watch finished dramas that's been on my list.

Hmm...I did vote for Jirisan and will check out Times but so far I haven't caught on anything I'm anticipating yet. 

On 1/17/2021 at 7:34 AM, SnowBlob said:

I really hope they will make season 2 for Signal... I just want to know what happen when they meet the detective (played by Cho jin Woong). ohh..although they make Japanese version of it and I just checked that have a drama, a special and a movie! Maybe I should check that one out?

Me too! That ending will never not make us curious till today. Oh yes! You should check out the Japanese version, I liked it too especially because it's Kentaro Sakaguchi playing the lead hehe. Just enjoy it and don't compare to the Korean version as Jdrama has its own appeal and style but I've also like it since I was introduced to Jdrama right when I was 11-12 yo. Thanks for updating on this, now I can anticipate the Japanese SP + movie version haha...good thing about Kdrama is that they sometimes as a Special too! Sidetracked a little, if you like Jdrama too, there's this medical drama series I really love called Code Blue. It's so good...and comes in 3 seasons, a special and a movie. I just love it when they serve fans this way haha.

18 hours ago, Jane said:

Hi eNDe! Nice to meet you! I know what you mean about multiple dramas! I have gone back to one drama at this point and I am still playing catch up but I do watch variety show episodes as well. But I love this forum for the daily chit-chats, do check out the lounges for that. See you around! :yayaya:

Hello! Ooh...I do like some Korean variety shows although I tend to choose the episodes to watch heh. Recently, I found the Sixth Sense on TVN really interesting, hope it will have another season. Okie, I'll see you around!   

• Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

@eNDe I wonder if the Jversion special and movie will reveal what happen after the last episode in Kversion :niu: I'm gonna put the Jversion on my watch list..although not sure when I'll get to watch it. I watched all Code Blue seasons and specials and movie :PikaSwag: I think from the nominated dramas so far...I'll check out LUCA, Times, The Silent Sea, Jirisan, Undercover, Sisyphus and HP2..maybe That Night as well... 

• Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

7 hours ago, eNDe said:

Me too! That ending will never not make us curious till today. Oh yes! You should check out the Japanese version, I liked it too especially because it's Kentaro Sakaguchi playing the lead hehe. Just enjoy it and don't compare to the Korean version as Jdrama has its own appeal and style but I've also like it since I was introduced to Jdrama right when I was 11-12 yo. Thanks for updating on this, now I can anticipate the Japanese SP + movie version haha...good thing about Kdrama is that they sometimes as a Special too! Sidetracked a little, if you like Jdrama too, there's this medical drama series I really love called Code Blue. It's so good...and comes in 3 seasons, a special and a movie. I just love it when they serve fans this way haha.

Big fan of Signal here as well and have been anticipating S2 since the rumours started ...but every year no sign. I watched the J version on a very long flight - 10 episodes straight. Lol! I agree it is best not to compare , though I did somewhat. The K version does flesh out the emotional scenes & relationships between the characters a bit more. But other than that , was happy to see that the J version was faithful to the script and all the cases were there.

• Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: -