Was press con today 

Full video of press con Lee DaHee looks gorgeous 

Full highlight trailer:

From the Korea Herald

‘L.U.C.A.: The Beginning’ offers action-packed chase

By Lim Jang-won

Published : Jan 27, 2021 - 17:09 
Updated : Jan 27, 2021 - 17:09

Kim Hong-sun, the director of multiple hit OCN dramas, is back Monday with a tvN action drama titled “L.U.C.A.: The Beginning.” 

“L.U.C.A.: The Beginning” centers on an experimental cell, Ji-O, that was created through the L.U.C.A. project. The aim of the project was to create the Last Universal Common Ancestor -- the cell that holds the secret to all life forms in existence. Ji-O takes human form and has supernatural powers, but loses his memory after escaping the facility. Meanwhile, different organizations attempt to track Ji-O down for different purposes.

Kim, known for OCN dramas “The Guest” and “Voice,” among others, challenged himself with the unique idea of an evolution-based fantasy action drama.

“A lot of directors want to direct a fantasy genre work, but at the same time have a fear of doing so. A lot of computer graphics and actions are involved, so it’s very difficult. But after seeing screenwriter Chun Sung-il’s script, I felt it was time to attempt it,” said Kim during an online press conference Wednesday. 

The same was true for actor Kim Rae-won.

“Likewise, I had a fear of the fantasy genre. But I saw that it was written by screenwriter Chun and I had enjoyed watching ‘The Guest’ by director Kim. Also, the camera director and the cast were too tempting for me to pass up the offer,” said the actor.

Kim Rae-won also mentioned that he could not completely understand his character, even after the filming was over.

“I still don’t know what kind of a person Ji-O is yet. He hides his incredible powers and discovers his origins and powers throughout the drama,” he said. “I constantly asked the director about what Ji-O is searching for. Ji-O is curious about where he comes from, and I could relate to that.”

Kim Rae-won, who is known for his many memorable roles in romance dramas, said the action-packed movie isn’t void of romance. Romance develops between Ji-O and police detective Gu-reum, played by Lee Da-hee.

“L.U.C.A.: The Beginning” is Lee’s first attempt at intense action. Although she played the role of a police detective six years ago in the SBS drama “Mrs. Cop,” Lee said her role in “L.U.C.A.: The Beginning” is different in that a more mature romance is involved.

“I wanted to try this kind of drama, and after looking at the director who specializes in this genre, along with the screenwriter and producers, I wanted to do it even more,” said Lee.

Actor Kim Sung-oh also joins the cast as villain Yi-son, who pursues Ji-O.

“After I read the script, I felt that I could enjoy the drama if I saw it on TV,” said Kim Sung-oh.

“I’m not sure if villain is the right word for my character,” he said. “Yi-son is pretty good at running and fighting. He chases after Ji-O, but on the inside, it feels like he was trying to find the meaning of life.”

Meanwhile, director Kim -- who hopes that decent viewership ratings will lead to a second season -- thought the 12-episode drama was a good start.

“L.U.C.A.: The Beginning” is set to air on tvN every Monday and Tuesday at 9 p.m. starting next week.

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

So glad I think I'll be able to watch this drama once it starts airing as both dramas that I'm currently watching finish this week :Party02: And I'm just in the mood for action (and I think I won't mind romance between KRW and LDH but that will depend on their characters in the drama).

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

Lee Da Hee's character teaser & Still cuts

pic : Sedaily.com

22HFJU98QO_1.jpg

@SnowBlob It is this kind of romance::pandaevil:

Kim Rae Won and Lee Da Hee spoke about the connection between their two characters. Kim Rae Won commented, “It would be good if they could have quickly met and shared their feelings honestly, but they couldn’t speak frankly so as an actor I felt frustrated too.” Lee Da Hee shared, “Our romance is one where they’re so close but not quite touching, where there’s a feeling of desperation but they can’t meet. That part doesn’t feel annoying, but it’s sad to see. That’s why I called it a mature romance earlier. Regarding acting out the emotions, I talked a lot with Kim Rae Won and we tried to bring them to life. Thanks to him, I was able to act while following him.”

Source: Soompi

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

Wow. The upcoming dramas are looking good. I never realoy wait for this but fter I saw the full trailaers, wow goood! I am glad JCW turned down the role and it passed to KRW. He looks younger with the curly hair style. Haha. I was affraid that it would be like melt me drama, but it looks more intense and serious. So will add it this to my watchlist. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Tasty 1

Yay @Alice Wonderland! I hope the drama will not fail me as I am rather excited by the trailers & what I have read so far.

luca-the-beginning.jpg

Watching points ( Original Source: https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=609&aid=0000394418)

Kim Rae Won, who plays the protagonist Ji Oh, shared, “It’s a first attempt at this genre, so I’m also looking forward to finding out how viewers will react. A lot of effort was put into the post-production process. You will be able to enjoy highly refined graphics.”

Lee Da Hee plays Gu Reum, the only person who remains in Ji Oh’s memory. Gu Reum is determined to find the truth behind the case of her parents going missing during her childhood, and her whole life is changed when she meets Ji Oh, who has special abilities. Lee Da Hee explained, “It’s a drama that will go by so quickly as you watch that you’ll say, ‘It’s already over?’ Just from watching the acting of seniors Kim Sang Ho, Park Hyuk Kwon, and Jin Kyung, time will fly by.” She added, “Thanks to the reliable director Kim Hong Seon and filming director Choi Young Hwan, you’ll feel the same fun as watching a movie. It’s a drama unlike anything you’ve ever seen, with my new sides and cathartic action scenes. Please tune in to the premiere on February 1.”

Kim Sung Oh takes on the role of the chaser Lee Son who pursues Ji Oh like a madman with his peculiar instincts. Originally from the special forces, Lee Son is someone who strictly follows every command he is given, and he throws everything aside to catch Ji Oh. The actor said, “‘L.U.C.A.: The Beginning’ is a drama that will suck you in the moment it starts. It’s so gripping that as you watch it, you’ll find that it’s already over.” He continued, “Refreshing action scenes await. Just watching those scenes will help you relieve stress.”

• Like 4

Eps 1 recaps  (part 1)

(credit : https://www.news1.kr/articles/?4199372)

'Luka: The Beginning' Kim Rae-won started being chased by his special ability.

In the tvN new Monday and Tuesday drama'Luka: The Beginning', which aired on the afternoon of the 1st, Geo (played by Rae-won Kim) was living a normal life working at Dakyung Resources, a waste collection company, but hiding his special skills. This ability was demonstrated while saving a Goo Reum (played byLee Dahee)  after a traffic accident.

On the same day, Hwang Jung-ah (played by Jin Kyung) gave instructions to Kim Cheol-soo (played by Park Hyuk-kwon) about the Human Tech Research Institute. Hwang said, "The results are not coming out, and only old traces are coming out. Those who want to dedicate their children are lining up. I only need one needle to pop the balloon. "If something doesn't come out by the next memorial service, shut down the research center." He is an ambitious man who tries to keep the world at his feet with the Luca project, and is the lord of the church that has been around since his great-grandfather.

Ji-O went to collect waste at HumanTech and said,  "I smell something weird," he said. Ji-o felt even more suspicious when his colleague replied, "When I come here, I feel chilling and dirty." " A bear came out before you came," the colleague said." There was a gorilla last year. There's been a dolphin out there," he said. "That's weird. There's nothing special these days. What are they studying?"

Goo Reum also visited the Human Tech Institute, saying it was suspicious. "There is no president," the researcher told Goo Reum, who asked for the president's contact information. The company went bankrupt. There were no people and the documents were taken from creditors. We don't know what private equity fund this creditor is from. "

However, the researcher's words were false. Entering the secret space, there was a team of researchers studying numerous animals. Ryu Joong-kwon, the director of the research institute, expressed his will, saying, "Now we just need to differentiate the cells, but the time is getting longer." However, Kim Cheol-soo said, "Let's make one more Z-0. I will wait until next week," he said firmly.

Spoiler

optimize

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Eps 1 recaps (Part 2)

Goo Reum had a car accident while chasing a criminal. Ji-o, who was driving a truck from the opposite lane, saved her. After using his hidden abilities. Ji-o quickly disappeared as soon as the Goo Reum was resucitated. However passers by had recorded what Ji-O did

Kim Chul-soo was delighted to see Ji-O's  viral video. "He's going to be the one that will saving this lab," he told Ryu Joong-kwon after he saw the video.  They had problems with their experiments and  Ryu Joong-kwon worried that what they had was not  a finished product. Long story short they were under pressure to produce results for their investors.

Lee Son (played by Kim Sung-oh), who had a bad relationship with Ji-0 in the past , went to catch Ji-oh after being instructed by Kim Chul-soo. Ji-O tried to outrun them, but it wasn't easy.

At the same time, Goo Reum  found DaKyung resource. At Da-kyung Resources she  looked inside the incinerator because it was on. She was shocked that there were dead bodies. Goo Reum informed her station , and her team came. Choi Jin-hwan (Kim Sang-ho) said he is not sure about the identity of the dead, and confirmed that "the living one of them is a suspect in the murder case."

Later on Goo Reum & Jin Hwan were driving when  Ji-o appeared in front of the car and they chased him. But Lee Son  found Jio first and they fought . Ji-o showed his ability. Electricity went through the body.  Lee Son who remembered how Ji-O in the past had burnt him,  pushed him off  and  he fell from the building . Goo Reum who was there  witnessed the scene of Ji-O falling from the building, raising questions about future developments.

Preview

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Eps 1 premiered to strong ratings

On tvN, Kim Rae Won and Lee Da Hee‘s action thriller “L.U.C.A.: The Beginning” premiered to ratings of 5.371 percent. This is higher than the premiere ratings of “Awaken,” its predecessor in this time slot, and not far behind its finale ratings (which was also its personal best). (Source: Soompi)

New stills 

I just wanna say @ktcjdrama that Lee Da Hee is a great actress. Glad she took up this role.

@SnowBlob @joccu__ @Alice Wonderland @eNDe did you guys watch eps 1 yet?

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Got off eps 1  and some quick thoughts.

I was not disappointed. The drama got off to a good start with a lot of action scenes . We were also  introduced to all the important stakeholders in the plot & how everyone is link.  They tell us enough without telling too much. The plot is clear & there's no need for guessing who the good and bad guys. It really helped that the leads - KRW and LDH were great , and were complemented  by an equally strong supporting cast. If you're worried that this is like its predecessor Awaken, which sadly failed to deliver for me, don't. :pandaevil:.  Being a 12 episode drama, the writer is clearly moving things along.

We were shown that Ji-O's one gift is to generate electricity  but I am not sure what else he is capable of. He isn't super human - he could not outrun Lee Son and gang and neither is he able to fight them . His only form of self-defense is the electricity he produces that can either hurt someone ( like how he burned Lee Son's arm in the past) or help someone ( like how he was able to use it to resuscitate Goo Reum). Ji-O seems to have little recollection about his origins , and in the past year had lead a low key life.

When we were introduced to Goo Reum, we know she had been reassigned to the Violent Crimes Unit that often had to look into cold cases etc. She seems like a capable and passionate detective. And I warmed up to her no nonsense street smart personality. She was  pretty sharp tongue which got her into trouble with her new captain & team just before she joined them. Nevertheless , her captain seems like a genuine good and caring boss. From the preview , we know that Goo Reum's connection to Ji-O is more than just the fact he had saved her. It seems he may have to do with her parents death. 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 2

I couldn't find a Naver article that recapped eps 2 but this was from an earlier article of what to expect from the released stills.

Spoiler

105237850.1.jpg

Meanwhile, the released photo signals Ji-0's fierce struggle, which began in earnest. Goo Reum faces Lee Son, Choi Yu-na (Jeong Da-eun), and Kim Tae-oh (Kim Min-gui), who infiltrated the hospital to find Ji-oh. Goo Reum  sense strangeness from he tthree people heading somewhere with unconscious Ji-O. They look at each other sharply and form tension.

In the following photo, the elevator quickly becomes a battlefield. "Yuna, the female warrior of the special team  Human Tech, explodes her explosive action instinct with a fierce battle without any retreat." Above all, Ji-o's hurtful face, which hid itself as if he had returned to consciousness, seems to show his fate in an extreme situation.

A breathtaking chase leads to the subway. Ji-oh and Cloud, who faced off from their persistent pursuers. An angry Goo Reum who blocked him adds curiosity. Attention is focusing on whether Goo Reum will be able to take a step closer to the truth they were looking for through Ji-O. On top of that, Lee Son's dark aura, which approaches the two with his back to the dark, raises expectations for the chase action that will start again.

In the second episode of "Luka: The Beginning," which airs today (2nd), Ji-o's desperate and lonely struggle , who became a fugitive, unfolds in a tense manner. The confrontation between Lee Son, who would do whatever it takes to take Ji-o, and Goo Reum who will stop him  adds to the  tension.

"Starting with the second episode, we're going to see a big change," said the production team of Luca: The Beginning. "Ji-o and Goo Reum  are an important turning point in recognizing each other, and he will be awakened without knowing where his capability limits are," he said. "With this, the intensity of the exciting chase action increases," stimulating expectations.

"The elevator scene used a technique called 'One Continuous Shot.' Several cuts are attached as if they were originally a single cut, a technique used mostly in movies such as "1917". "We wanted to show the simultaneous action in a small space, such as a group of Ji-o and  Lee Son, and Goo Reum," he said.

-------------

The elevator fight scene mentioned in the article above was really well-shot. I was truly admiring how realistically it was done in a small space.

This was another insane scene...Ji-O had no choice but to activate his abilities to slow down an oncoming train. Goo Reum was knocked unconscious but fortunately Ji-O managed to save her. The fight scenes are pretty hardcore.

Spoiler

Preview

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@abs-oluteM havent watched first nor second episode..but i will def do that beforw this weekend (still trying to finish Circle here... 5 more eps to go). So i havent been reading any comments here just to avoid any spoiler. But will get into them once i watch the first two eps:PikaSwag:

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

Eps 2 was pretty awesome. I found myself glued to the screen with all the fight sequences. The PD here is definitely at the top of his game with the choreography. Very realistic . But oh my I squirm for Lee Da Hee's Goo Reum. She keeps getting hurt or almost gets killed , and her head always hits something - any normal person would have a concussion by now. :shocked2:

Anyway in eps 2 we understand a bit more about Ji-O and what he seems to be capable of. He does not seem to super human but it seems those who "created" him cannot even fathom the extent of what he can do .  He does not only generate electricity but it seems a charge of electricity can regenerate his cells quickly. He was almost on the brink of death but when the doctor used the defibrillator, his body "harnessed" all the electricity in the building and he recovered quickly. His blood type is unknown ( so putting a question mark on whether he is human or not). And we know that each time after a major episode of using all the electricity in his body till the point he blacks out, he has no recollection of who he is or what happened. The Human Tech scientist did mention that the electricity may have killed off some weaker cells .

We also find out how Ji-O and Goo Reum are connected. GR's dad had brought Ji-O back once when they were kids. She experienced first hand his power in her own home. So it was easy for her to recognise him in the present. So my question is how her parents are related to the lab/ the experiment ? I wonder if her father is also a researcher who felt sorry for him. 

The subway scene was very interesting - Ji-O wanted GR to follow him. He wanted some answers to his own questions - so I wonder if he could remember her. In the short few seconds they were together , I can already feel the chemistry :pandaevil:

9Zifw2r.pnggkZIBja.png

So from what I understand the LUCA Project & Human Tech is linked to a cult run by its High Priestess of sorts - Hwang Jung A. Through the cult she is able to find volunteers from brainwashed young ladies to give up their babies for whatever experiments they carry out. I am guessing that she & Kim Cheol Soo find investors for Human Tech lead by Ryu Joong Kwon. The question is what do they plan to do with Ji-O's super powers ? Create a super army? 

Anyway, it was a really enjoyable premiere week - can tell the production quality is top notch. Solid acting and fast paced story . Definitely worth watching.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

Article from the Forbes

Kim Rae-Won And Lee Da-Hee Chase Monsters In ‘L.U.C.A. The Beginning’

It’s a good thing that L.U.C.A. The Beginning starts out with the warning that no actual babies were harmed in the making of the drama, because a few seconds later it delivers a disturbing dream sequence that involves throwing a baby from a balcony. The person throwing the baby insists, “I am not a monster” and also reminds the baby, “you are not a monster.” The sequence is a dream experienced by Kim Rae-won’s character Ji-oh when he wakes up to a scene of horrifying carnage that he probably caused. Looking at the mangled bodies, he’s not sure if he was the hunter or the hunted. He just knows he must get away to figure out who he is and how he got there.

It seems likely he was part of a sinister experiment that has already accumulated a high body count. Some of those bodies are showing up, but the researchers responsible for creating human monsters—and in the process becoming inhuman monsters—are not yet worried they will be exposed. 

Police officer Goo-reum, played by Lee Da-hee, is trying to solve the mystery of her parents’ disappearance and her quest puts her at odds with other police officers. Following the clues leads her to a corpse, then to a research facility which houses a secret lab in its basement.

It’s one of several incidents in which she crosses paths with Ji-oh. He just visited the same lab. He now works for a business that picks up and incinerates medical waste. That includes the bodies of animals experimented on by research labs. Kim’s co-worker asks if he’s concerned about what they do to dogs and Ji-oh remarks that those in power get to decide who gets experimented on and who lives and dies.

While trying to remember who he is and how he came to be, he knows dangerous people are looking for him. While he misses Goo-reum at the lab, he winds up saving her life after a traffic accident, using his secret power. This act of kindness exposes him to the scientists who want to find and dissect him.

L.U.C.A. The Beginning moves along at a breathtakingly tense pace, leaving viewers eager for the next scene and at the same time worried what they might see. The supernatural drama boasts great aerial cinematography and stylishly choreographed fight scenes in ancient city alleyways, as well as an accomplished supporting cast, with Kim Sung-oh, Park Hyuk Kwon and Ahn Nae-sang playing the bad guys and Kim Sang-oh playing Goo-reum’s superior officer. Yet this drama is not for the faint of heart. It’s easy to see that Ji-oh is not really a monster, but there are monsters lurking in every corner of L.U.C.A. The Beginning. Some became monsters after being subjected to an experiment. Others became monsters by performing those experiments.

-----------------

Ratings rose for eps 2  to 5.802 percent, a small increase in its ratings from its premiere episode the day before. :Party02:

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

Finished ep 1 and 2~ Should I say first that I just finished a sci-fi drama only to jump into another sci-fi drama - so I think it might somehow affect my feeling about L.U.C.A. 

Let me get to the parts which I love first:

- The two leads are just gorgeous and easy on the eyes :wow: LDH is really pretty and tall and yay that KRW is taller than her (right?). As absolutem, I also love LDH's no-nonsense character...and she def doesn't mince her words. In this sense, Z-O is the same...he's also harsh with his words. Eeekkk..I wonder what's gonna happen irl if two people who are just so to the point become a couple :thinking:. I suspect the chemistry is going to be great and intense but let's see how it goes. 

- Love the fighting scenes choreography. They're fast-paced and with some 'oomph' ness. I also loved how the fighting scene on the lift was shot - there was this short part where it was shot through the eyes of Z-O. 

- So far the pacing of the drama itself is quite good. Oh man, must I say by the end of watching these 2 eps I already feel so 'tired' because the chasing has not stopped at all! 

- Happy to know it's a 12-ep drama! 

- Since I'm an ahjussi lover hahahahahah.... I love Kim Sang Ho!! So glad to see him in another cop drama. I really hope he doesn't die in the end. BECAUSE ... I was actually so pleased to see another fav ahjussi Lee Won Jung early on ep 1 .... SPOILER 

Spoiler

only to find out he was killed off pretty much half way of that ep? :cry: I suppose we just can't have two big ahjussis star in the same drama -.- 

Now.... 

Do I feel like 'wow these eps are so awesome'? No not really. I don't think they're bad at all. They are decent enough so I will continue watching ep 3 and 4. I think part of the reason of why they don't super impress me because as I said I just came from finishing another sci-fi drama (and probably at this point of time I need to watch a different genre). 

And although I like the pacing, but the part of making me feel tired this early on... is another off point (and again, maybe in different time, I'd actually welcome this type of relentlessness). It seems from the trailer that in ep 3 the chasing is going to continue and I'm surely hoping there will be a break from it (not sure in what way..and not sure whether it will be even possible viewing it from the flow of the narrative). 

And thank you @abs-oluteM for recapping xx

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Just finished ep.1.

I like it so far. Love the setup and the mystery behind the experiments. So far the police team seems pretty good, but it's only episode 1 so please don't disappoint later on. I was shocked how cruel those 3 guys were, dumping the old man into the incinerator. Agreeing with some comments that the drama could do less with the running and chasing. 

• Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Pre-released clip for eps 3

Stills for ep3

105330195.1.jpg

( hmmm maybe fighting is their love language :lenny:)

From Sports Donga for the still above

Meanwhile, the released photo captures the confusion of Ji-o and Goo Reum, stimulating curiosity. Although they saved each other instinctively in an unexpected chase, they still don't know if they can trust each other. In particular, the Goo Reum still suspects that her parents' disappearance is  intertwined with Ji-oh. While curiosity is focused on their past, the confrontation between the two, who are engaged in a desperate physical fight, stimulates curiosity. The eyes staring at each other are mixed with anger and confusion, revealing their complicated feelings.

It is interesting to see the two people sitting between the walls in the picture that followed. Ji-o's sad eyes and the loneliness of Goo Reum foretells their change in emotions. Lee Son's craziness, which reappeared in front of the two people, was also captured. It anticipates a sudden battle between the Lee Son and Goo Reum  facing each other. The appearance of Lee Son, who is constantly after Ji-oh, raises questions about what other crises he will bring to Ji-oh and Goo Reum, who managed to escape.

• Like 2

They go to this mysterious cathedral to find out more about his past

c03c2d74-86eb-4fc1-93b1-8d65cb0fa3c5.png

Meanwhile, Ji-o and Goo Reum visit the mysterious cathedral. Uicheon Cathedral is a place where

Ji-o is believed to have stayed as a child and will provide a link to the truth that Goo Reum has been looking for . Ji-o's eyes, which met a nun, look complicated and somewhat sad.\

The expression of Goo Reum looking at Ji-oh is also unusual. But soon, Ji-o's eyes change 180 degrees. Ji-oh, who is filled with anger at the nun, and the nun, who is filled with fear, start praying and this  creates tension.

Ji-o's angry back in front of the soaring pillar of fire further heightens the sense of crisis.

In the trailer released before the main broadcast, a nun reciting, "There is a devil in the child," and Ji-o's cry, "I was a human until you called me a monster," amplifies the mystery. It stimulates curiosity about who the nun is and what the secrets and truths faced by Ji-o and Goo Reum

In the third episode, which will air on the 8th, Ji-oh and Goo Reum fled from the persistent pursuit of Lee Son (Kim Sung-oh), will approach the truth. Goo Reum, which confronts Ji-o but still has to find the whereabouts of his missing parents, helps Zio track his past.

"The mystery surrounding Ji-o's existence is slowly beginning to unravel," the production crew of "Luca: The Beginning" said. "The memory that came to mind in the process and the ability to evolve beyond the threshold will make a big difference for Geo," he said. "The chase with Lee- son will also heat up. Please look forward to it."

------------

Oh my look what happened to the scene based on the stills above. Ji-O got so angry with the nun who kept calling him as the devil in her prayers ( or curses?) that he blew up the cathedral 

• Like 2

Some spoilers for  eps 3

So after the subway chase scene he carried her to safety but we get a flashback of how her parents had left to take Ji-O somewhere & promised to return but didn't . That is why she keeps thinking her parents' disappearance has to do with Ji-O

Spoiler

This scene was quite smart of him -to distract others & so that he could bring her to somewhere safe, he set her phone on fire with the electricity from his hands and caused the fire alarm to go off . Then he took the hazmat suits at the emergency boxes , put them over for her & himself, and carried her to hide somewhere

Spoiler

This was actually quite hot :pandaevil:...he asked her who he was as he clearly cannot remember his past.

Of course we always have Lee Son hot on their tails in every episode. I read on Naver that now he has even more incentive to go after Ji-O as he was promised Ji-O's arm to replace his if he could catch the latter. But how is it that Goo Reum not had  some major concussion in her head by now given how many times we see her head gets banged against the wall/ glass or she gets hit on the head :shocked2:

Spoiler

Later things do settle down for the two as she tries to help him jot his memory about whatever he could remember . She also tells him about how he was the last person that was seen with her parent 

Spoiler

Then they decide to visit the Cathedral where his birth was registered. This place brought about some horrific memories . The nun that they spoke to kept insisting he was the devil/ monster and that led to the explosion scene as per the earlier post.

Spoiler

Preview ep 4

• Like 2

@SnowBlob and @joccu__ the show has settled into a less frenetic pace in Eps 3. There was more story telling as opposed to non-stop fight scenes.

@40somethingahjumma if you're free do check this one out. Pretty good.

---------------------

Really liked episode 3. After watching with subs, it is clear what these experiments are for . It is the quest for humans to evolve. What they do in the lab ( according to the guy from NFS who spoke to Goo Reum) is that they combine human & animal DNA to hopefully create a more advance species . The chimera that he mentioned isn't fiction as the technology of injecting human DNA into pigs does exist. More here: 

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/news/2017/01/human-pig-hybrid-embryo-chimera-organs-health-science/

As we can see from eps 3 there will be  ethical, moral and religious issues for such experiments. Is Ji-O and the likes of him considered as monsters, or as the nun puts it - the devil himself? I  felt very sorry for him in this episode as he is clearly trying to figure out who he is. How exasperating it must for him to have no recollection of what he has  done but yet be accused of being the monster here.  Those Human Tech folks & that cult lady - they seem a lot more  like monsters to me ( than Ji-O is )  given their selfish reasons & greed for doing this. But yet Ji-O is not seen as human because of his DNA and his inability to control his powers ( when he gets mad). 

In eps 3 , we see GR and JO starting to work together to find out more about his origins. The irony is that Ji-O is the creation of GooReum's father whom I am  guessing must have worked alongside Roo Joong Kwan ( the head of Human Tech) . At this point . I wonder what happened to her folks. Are they dead? 

The other thing I noted was how sharp her current boss it. His instincts that GR was hiding something was right . I do like Captain Choi - he's a bit rough on the edges but is a good boss. However his hands now are tied . Someone within the force who has a lot of authority  has been bought over by the folks of the Luca Project and has transferred the case away from their team.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 1