L.U.C.A.: The Beginning 루카 [2021]

abs-oluteM

25 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I do feel sorry for Lee Son & Red hair girl . Their the foot soldiers doing all the dirty work but only because they were targeted to be used from the very beginning.

I am shipping them. Although I don’t know if they can survive all these fighting back and forth. Their attitude seems to be you die or I die towards JO and GR. For one thing, I really don’t understand why people chose to have arm/leg that have to be shot every once in a while so they don’t rot. If I were them, I’d rather have them cut off than having to develop a dependence on external stuff ie. other people/drugs. But I guess given that they were strong before, it’s very hard to accept a less than perfect/functioning body. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears

10 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Ahn Nae Sang who plays the scientist who made Zi-O... did he spare him and make him stronger so that Zi-O could live or he is up to something?

Yes . Remember that mr scientist loves his creation , he didn’t want JiO to die 

@ktcjdrama the girl likes him a lot . He has a soft spot for her foo but I think it will be a tragic ending for them. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

Ep 8

Finally, GR makes the move to kiss Z-O &  go to bed and love is in the air.

Ten months later with the arrival of little baby Z-O, both were happy parents and thank God the baby is normal.

But, yet to see the baby abilities when she grows up.

In the labour room, I was curious why Z-O hands starts to emit electricity and he could not hold his new born.

Z-O who is a happy father was looking forward to build a happy family was short lived when both GR and baby

got abducted by Lee Son. 

In order to lure GR out, Captain revealed the news about GR parents and this cause GR emotions to think that

Z-O causes her parents dead.

Those 3 surrogate mothers seems suspicious of their pregnancies with weird electric shock feelings inside 

their bodies and confided cult lady, which try to tai-chee away.

During labour, did all 3 mothers and babies died together when the huge electric fire being emitted.

Won't be long before these 3 kill each other - Cult lady, Director Kim and RJK.

Lee Son did not revealed to Director Kim on Red hair hideout, why and I foresee Lee Son will betrayed Director Kim

and join Cult Lady and is obvious that Red hair has feelings for Lee Son.

However, both Lee Son and Red hair are being used as a tool to get Z-O.

Once Z-O is in the hands of Cult lady, I predict both Lee Son,Red hair & Director Kim will be kill.

• Clapping Hands 3
On 2/25/2021 at 9:08 AM, Thong Thin said:

In the labour room, I was curious why Z-O hands starts to emit electricity and he could not hold his new born.

Z-O who is a happy father was looking forward to build a happy family was short lived when both GR and baby

got abducted by Lee Son. 

I suspect when he is angry or anxious (in this case he's probably very nervous) ,  he starts emitting electricity. I feel so sad he hasn't had a chance yet to hold his own baby. 

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

Ep 7 and 8 

:psweatduck:

Hmm...first I agree that those babies shouldn't be there with smoke and flashing lights ( I mean I literally do not think they should be there for the shooting irl .... :pandascared: well but since they said there's no children harmed and that their well beings are looked after... but still... poor babies have to see a 'bloodied' stranger pushing them around with smoke and flashing lights...). On a positive note, they're not harmed by Zi O's blast in the drama (how come though????)

I find the contrast between GR giving birth vs those surrogate mothers giving birth interesting. They're giving birth to supposedly the 'same' type of baby but under very different circumstances. GR was able to give birth in a loving environment and poor surrogate mothers had to scream alone and be treated like their lives didn't matter. Moreover, the end was really tragic for them too. 

@ktcjdrama oh me tooo..I also ship Lee Son and red-hair girl. Unfortunately I have a very strong feeling that happy ending is nowhere in sight for them. I think one of them is gonna die if not both. 

I also didn't see it coming: my fav ahjussi turned out to be the bad guy for now. Maybe he killed GR's parents in the past and that's why he was so adamant for GR to let go??? I think he'll turn to be good later on coz my fav ahjussi cannot be the bad guy :SquirtleNiceAhah:

Now... I'm not so sure whether I'm liking the change in ep 7 and 8. Although I'm glad the chasing has stopped until right at the end of ep 8, I don't quite like the change of 'vibes' - for me these two eps became a bit like melodrama for me. And now I'm not sure whether I'm gonna like it when the chasing game involves their baby girl in the next eps or so. Hopefully they'll find a safe place for the baby first before pursuing or being pursued by the bad guys. 

• Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

I watched both episodes back to back. And the way the story is heading is how I had somewhat expected. Ji-O to protect GR & their baby , agrees to let the cult use him as their messiah. I feel really sad but I think  ultimately he is willing to sacrifice himself for them.  Anyway it is clear that the little girl has inherited her father's abilities and the electricity was able to protect her from hitting the ground when GR accidentally dropped her. I found it interesting that GR was not hurt by the electricity when she picked her up again. 

TBH , I was really annoyed with GR's reactions in these two episodes. Part of me understood her situation and given she had just given birth, it will be hard for her think logically what with all the hormones and this dangerous situation she was in. But  being a cop, and being aware of how unethical people like KCS and Hwang JA are, can't she tell that they are manipulating her emotional state? I was so sad for Ji-O when she told him she no longer wants him in her life. I had hoped that she would work with Ji-O and come up with some plan to play along instead of trying to break out like that.  From eps 1 till now , she's always been very stubborn about doing things alone , and we're almost at the end of the show...shouldn't we have some character development with regards to this aspect?  At least with Ji-O , we saw how he grew from not wanting to live and trying to hide , to having hope and coming to terms with his own humanity. 

There were so many casualties in the last two episodes. It was sad to see YuNa die - I had hoped to see her and Lee Son have a chance to run or start anew, though the chances were slim. I also felt so bad for Won Yi. At the end of the day , though he was a little spineless at first, he proved to be a loyal friend to Ji-O . GR's captain is also on the run. I wonder what hold they had on him that forced him to help cover up for the Human Tech/ Luca Project in the 1st place. I can also for-see something tragic will happen to him.

There were two things that they were trying to paint Ji-O as . For those who feared him , he wasn't human but a monster . Then those who made him and wanted to exploit him, painted him as god like - a step up in the human species & the one to save the human race from extinction.  But I like how Ji-O saw himself - he saw himself as human. He understood he was different but he sees now that he is able to control these powers he has. He is capable of love & compassion  - sure animals are capable of this too. But Ji-O like all humans is also capable of thinking about alternative futures and making choices about them. This is not something that animals are capable of. 

OST 4

BTS

• Clapping Hands 1

I only ended up watching ep 9 half way ish. Couldn't really take it anymore with the casualties for this week. And I just feel that Zi O's end would have to end up pretty tragic or at least jailed. After all..he did kill that red-hair girl.... and after she hit her head and bled out from the head, he did nothing (of course ..why would he..but from my POV..since I kinda like the girl..I felt really bad for her). With that, wouldn't he at least be held responsible for manslaughter? Or could it be considered...kill or be killed? shrugs. 

I also feel so sad for Zi-O's friend. :cry:  Here we have two alpha males go for each other but they end up killing each other's close friends. 

@abs-oluteM

Spoiler

I'm sorry... but I think I'll stop watching this drama for now. Let me know when it ends..what you think of this drama overall if I don't manage to pick it up again soon :yoongibtspls: 

• Like 1

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

FINALE SPOILERS

Goodness  this drama ...well what was I thinking. Could not possibly have a happy ending. Remember the beginning scene ...oh well guess who was the one that threw the baby. The baby wasn't Ji-O. It was their kid

Gosh she dies ....urghhhhhhhh

And he really became a monster in the sense he & the Human Tech folks started making an army of them babies like him. His daughter survived

Hmmmm this is not an ending I envisioned! :shocked2:

• Shocked 1

38 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

So with this ending, what is the point of this story? I also think this open ending hinted a season 2 but will there be one? Is it worth an S2?

Exactly ...no point in the story.  I am not even sure if I would wanna follow if there's a Season 2. 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

11 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Exactly ...no point in the story.  I am not even sure if I would wanna follow if there's a Season 2. 

Okkkk.... I feel like I made the right decision on dropping this drama based on this comment alone :psweatduck: 

So spoil me... What does the ending look like @abs-oluteM ? Is it really a tragedy? What happened to the main couple and their baby? 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, SnowBlob said:

Okkkk.... I feel like I made the right decision on dropping this drama based on this comment alone :psweatduck: 

So spoil me... What does the ending look like @abs-oluteM ? Is it really a tragedy? What happened to the main couple and their baby? 

She died.  She threw the baby but  baby survived - someone found it . No mention of the fate of the kid . He just went out his 

mind & started helping the scientist make these babies like him . Just see the last video I posted 

• Sad 1

@abs-oluteM that sounds like a.... horrible ending :PikaRIP: Gahhhhhhh what kind of drama is this??? ....... Ok..lets' leave it at that..I'm just speechless that's all. And sad that at first it looked like a very promising drama...and then..an ok way..and then below ok..and now... 

Anyway thanks for your 'resilience' in posting on this thread until the end :taebtsthanks:

• Haha 1

@SnowBlob @mademoiselle if you want to read...

Here's a summary of what went down for the finale . Even the person who wrote this article said the ending was unexpected.

https://newsis.com/view/?id=NISX20210310_0001364939&cID=10601&pID=10600

According to the audience rating research company Nielsen Korea on the 10th, the final episode of tvN's monthly drama'Luka: The Beginning', which aired the previous day, recorded an average ratings of 6.3% and a maximum of 7.7% in the metropolitan area (Seoul) 

On this day, after Goo Reum (played by Da-hee) and her daughter left, Lee-son (played by Kim Seong-oh) appeared in front of Ji-o (played by Kim Rae-won) in despair. Lee-son, who ran to Ji-o with all his might, said, "There is no one to protect. I don't need to live." He said that only when he dies, this boring fight will end. Eventually, Lee-son was killed by Ji-o's hands.

Ji-o's anger, being alone, ran out of control. Hwang Jung-ah (Jin Kyung), who was attacked by Lee-son and lost his temper, triggered Ji-o, and was eventually killed. To Ji-o, who blamed himself, Ryu Joong-gwon  repeatedly moved Ji-o's heart, saying, "If it is for the sake of Goo Reum and your daughter, we must raise new kind of humanity and make our world."

Goo Reum caught Kim Chul-soo (played by Park Hyuk-kwon) with the help of detective Kim (played by Hwang Jae-yeol). However, as the subordinates sent by Chief Jeong (played by Jeong Eun-chae) attacked, the relentless chase began again. Goo Reum, who managed to escape with her daughter, hid herself in a building under construction.

Her daughter started to have a spark of blue light in her eyes. Goo Reum made a choice to risk her life to protect her daughter from those who were coming. Goo Reum said, "Mom will pick you up soon. Don't forget me if mom can't come back" 

It was Goo Reum's last choice, knowing her daughter's abilities. The baby's eyes turned blue, when she started  falling endlessly ( GR had thrown her knowing she will be able to save herself)  , then a blue ray of light began to spread, and the fall stopped.

The moment that GR  was in crisis, Ji-o appeared like a miracle. GR lied to Ji-o when he asked about her daughter, saying, "I sent her far away." She said, "Making a replica human is copying your anger. People shouldn't be born out of anger," she said. "I liked you because you weren't perfect. I wanted to fill it up."

At that moment, something unexpected happened. Kim Chul-soo, who was hiding, aimed his gun at Ji-o, and the moment it was fired, GR wrapped herself around Ji-o without hesitation. GR was shot protecting Ji-o and  died in his arms with the last word, "Please come back, I wish it was you I know." 

Angry with the endless greed and arrogance of humans, Ji-o killed Kim Chul-soo and answered a question posed by Ryu Joong-kwon a long time ago: "Humans are not right."

Ji-o's daughter was discovered by a worker, and research continued in the laboratory. Jung-Kwon Ryu and Chief Executive Officer Jeong are on the verge of the birth of a new human race  that has finally evolved. And at the center of it was a completely different and "dark''  Ji-o.

Along with the blue rays of light, new human babies opened their eyes. Ji-o's narration, “Today, the modern mankind is over,” with a cold face that triggered goosebumps.

• Like 1