Deluxe Taxi / Taxi Driver 모범택시 [ S1- 2021] [S2 - 2023] [S3 -TBD]

abs-oluteM

On 5/19/2021 at 2:35 PM, Chocolate said:

Ooooh 🥰🥰😂🤣

Um... normally people will just pat on shoulder... why would he be caressing her

hair/neck area? Very suspicious!! 😄

12 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Looks like it is better to wait for both episodes before watching based on the preview,

The preview is so intense. Makes me think whether I should just wait till the finale to watch 😅

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Haha 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Kidnapping // Dog Day // Lovers // Vote

Episode 13

• Cha Ji-Yeon's voice is so beautiful. I really like her performance on stage. As Baek is noticed though, her gaze was very cold and she almost felt hurt. It looked like she meant what she was singing. It looks like, she really does love the Chairman.
  • And what did we learn today while driving? Look at the street and not at your co-driver! 
  • So they actually didn't let the people die, like the insurance worker for example, but imprisoned them all. Is it weird that I'm a little....disappointed about it? It makes me worried that they are transported somewhere else and may roam free at one point. Especially the guy who was still talking about Maria, the world would be a better place without him. Gosh, all the stuff he did to her. And now they're all free again and can be anywhere! How can both parties be so unprofessional?
  • Seeing her on the phone, being all worried, seehing him, put me at such unease, that I pretty much skipped the whole section. 

Episode 14

• Do Ki saved Maria and Go Eun. I don't care how he find them in time, it doesn't make any sense that he was able to find them so quickly but boy if something would have happened to them, or if they had recorded some weird shit, I would have dropped the drama faster than anything before. I skipped a lot during the scenes because I wanted to see them being rescued fast. I can't bear it watching woman/girls get hurt. It makes me want to cry and furious. 
    It annoys me so much that I thought they were so professional and cleaning cold at the start, but lack so much professionalism at the end. 
  • And seriously, if you don't kill them for good this time and bury their corpses, I don't know when. Look at what they did to Marie and Go Eun AGAIN! Gosh, it makes me so angry!
  • Seeing Cutie-Beauty with so much blood on her face, I would never stop hitting him. I always knew if I ever would kill somebody, it would be to protect my mother or any girl/women. 
  • Said it from the start, Baek isn't someone you want as an enemy. She really stabbed Jang into the eye and made him blind on one eye.  Holy ....... I think I rarely saw so much brutality in a single drama. 
  • The accident of PJE was so sudden. Another reason why I hoped they WOULD HAVE KILLED THEM ON THE SPOT, back then. Now they cause more death and pain to innocents. Goooosh, Taxi Driver, you disappoint me. 
  • Honestly, Mr. Baeks people got beaten up so often by Do Ki, I wonder why they wouldn't just play dead the moment they see him. Just throw yourself on the ground the moment you take eye on him. Saves time and pain. 
  • I think at one point Do Ki turned into a super hero. He can be kinda happy though that no bad guy ever thought about getting/buying a gun. He is a bit like batman.
  • Kinda cool how he "tricked" Baek though, I mean at this point we can pretty much throw away any point of realism, and just go for the entertainment. Do Ki can be very cruel too, the way he sliced a little bit on Baek's face. That was kinda insane and badass. 
  • Kinda fast how Do Ki fought out of the jail with all the baddies around him to stop Baek. Maybe NOW they took the "play dead" approach and agreed on a "oh no, please not again". 
  • Glad he is invincible though. 
  • Well kinda thought Ha Na would show up, or I hoped so. "Please make a false move, so I can shoot you!" That one line was enough to make her worth being on the drama. 
  • ..... yeah sure he looks totally like he could drive.....I mean why not.....he just got beaten up close to death, I'm sure some parts of his body are broken. He is like a video game character who just takes a few health potions or med kits after each fight to restore some health. 
  • And how bad must you be if you can't fight off a half dead Do Ki with 4 people? Seriously, Baek always says how much money she made, but she never thought about affording a gun. 
  • At the end Do Ki looks and walks like he was straight taken out from a zombie movie!
  • "I have faith in you" was straight out of the drama-trope book. I wonder they didn't kiss afterwards. :laugh:
  • So I wonder how the last two episodes will be, it looks like Do Ki will confess everything and go to jail as an accomplice. Well I kinda liked how they worked together at the end, but it looks like the "final" case will be about Do Ki's Mom.
    I really hope they don't do any Baek breaks free again shenanigans or recycle any of the old criminals again. I swear I don't survive anything anymore if it hurts Go Eun or Marie. 

Sorry if I am a bit harsh to the drama at this point or make a little too much fun about it. I do like the drama, but I'm honestly a bit disappointed. And I was so mad during the last half and the first half of ep 13+14, violence against women is a red flag for me. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I wasn't expecting for the arc involving Baek Sung-mi to wrap up so soon. But thankfully they did. I really thought they were going to drag it out right to the finale. Fortunately, they continued their tradition of not going beyond 4 episodes and so the Nakwon Credit gang were all round up from the bottom to the top almost single handedly by Do-ki. Episode 13 was okay but 14 was absolutely edge-of-the-seat nerve-wrecking. Our family was a mess, (it's almost embarrassing) we were shouting and pronouncing curses on the escapees especially the unrepentant perverts who seemed to us ripe candidates for castration. It was very cathartic. 

I fully understand why the show went down this route of Baek Sung-mi taking control of the dungeon prisoners and things going haywire after that. The show obviously can't condone what the Rainbow Taxi crew do... it's illegal. So evidently they had to show graphically what happens when you hold hands with criminal elements. All hell breaks loose and it comes back to bite. But there's also the issue of human vengeance. Revenge can go both ways. That's a fact. If you fight fire with fire, you're likely to get burn. But if you don't fight at all, you get burnt anyway.

However, I have never really had a problem with the vigilantism in this show because this has always been grounded in Batman mythos: the corruption, impotence and ineptitude of the law enforcement agencies leading to widespread criminal activity. A Gotham-like lawless scenario. That's where the world building here is grounded in. Moreover Episode 14 was entirely a Batman story. Completely so. The inmates have escaped Arkham Asylum and are running riot so it is up to Batman aka Taxi Driver aka Kim Do-ki to round them up and finally hand them to the prosecutor. These individuals are unlikely to reform by any human method available. But something has to be done about them. In light of rampant lawlessness, there needs to be hope that the villains can be dealt with in satisfactory ways. With no boundaries of any kind escalation of violence is bound to occur.

However, my view is that the legal system is only one arm of society's civilizing influence. Prosecutors and cops can't make bad people good. It's not their job alone to keep evil in check. Teachers might try but in truth it all begins at a young age. Biology may play a part in some cases... although I'm not entirely convinced. Environmental influences certainly have a part to play.

In that conversation at the end of 14 before Do-ki collapses out of sheer exhaustion now that his work is done, Ha-na asks him if he trusts "them" now. His answer is revealing of his position. "No, I have faith in you." What he is saying, I think, is that he is still sceptical of the system but as long as there are enough individuals who care enough about justice, difficult things can be achieved among like-minded people of goodwill. Ha-na is someone within the system who is finally willing to work with him. In essence what the show means to say is that systems don't help people, people do. This has application in many fields. That is also true in my profession. It's a very individualistic (and valid) perspective balanced with a respect for the rule of law. Vigilantism is a very extreme form of individualism after all.

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 3

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

Last week's episodes showed how unprepared and ill-equipped the Taxi Group is to deal with real bad guys. They only have one Kim Do Ki and though he can fight 40 men (who miraculously do not have guns), he cannot be everywhere. The other 4 basically cannot defend themselves.

I also have some rants about episode 14:

• Please, call the police when you need to save lives.
  • Mr Park, you drive by Ms Baek's office where your friends' lives are in danger, see Prosecutor Kang and drive off? Shouldn't you tell the police where the hideout is so that they can save your friends?
  • Go Eun, stamping on the sister's ex-boyfriend's phone to destroy it in anger. For what? Shouldn't you be trying to access the phone and delete all copies of the files that he has stored so that it does not surface again? Since you are apparently so traumatised by that video that you can't even fight back when the guy was going to rape you?

Surprisingly, the most enlightening statement in the whole drama? From Gu Suk Tae! I always thought he was the smarter one and wondered why Baek kept hitting him.

tDGCbQZ.png

It was great that they showed Baek Sung Mi's background too. She was a singer, and kept by a rich older man. I thought she really loved him and changed after he died because his family was bullying her. But no! She planned to kill him and had been injecting something into his eyes - why? But Ms Baek is quite the woman. She's going off to jail and her cry? "My hair, my hair, it's caught!" 😂

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 4

@Chocolate I'm with you on the rants. I can never understand why the hero has to fight bare hands when there's weapons all around can be used or snatched from your opponents. I'm not a fan of heroes fighting bare hands against over 30 men. Do Ki is only human, not a mutant, regardless how well trained he is in that special army force, it makes no absolute sense to me for anyone to fight without a weapon. A metal rod is still harder than a fist! This kind of action irks me because it's stupid.

For Maria and Go Eun, he really could have just called the police or Kang Ha Na for help. But ok, I admit I wanted Do Ki to castrate that jerk. Agreed what the hell was Go Eun doing stamping on the phone? I don't know the anatomy of the parts but I'm pretty sure if she really wanna destroy it, a hammer can be found there. Like you said, she should check the phone and ensure that damn video isn't save elsewhere on some clouds too before smashing it to pieces!

I'm glad I wasn't the one getting fooled by Baek Sung Mi too. I almost felt ashamed that I believed she was once a good person and somehow became jaded too along the way after one of my Grandpa Before Flower haraboji was killed. Tsk.

All in all, I'm disappointed with the execution for episode 13-14. Too many actions, not enough intelligence.

• Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 3
1 minute ago, mademoiselle said:

All in all, I'm disappointed with the execution for episode 13-14. Too many actions, not enough intelligence.

Other viewers are ranting too that there really is a difference after the changing of writer. 

As for Go Eun stomping on the phone, I think it's more like anger took over and you just need to vent it out? I'm just about to start ep.13-14 now.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

MTDzeiV.gif

3 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@Chocolate I'm with you on the rants. I can never understand why the hero has to fight bare hands when there's weapons all around can be used or snatched from your opponents. I'm not a fan of heroes fighting bare hands against over 30 men. Do Ki is only human, not a mutant, regardless how well trained he is in that special army force, it makes no absolute sense to me for anyone to fight without a weapon. A metal rod is still harder than a fist! This kind of action irks me because it's stupid.

Exactly! I was screaming, take one of the rods from one of the goons. Although he had metal knuckles, but that brings you too close to the opponents. When he finally got a rod, I was like, take the metal one not the wooden one, silly!

5 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Other viewers are ranting too that there really is a difference after the changing of writer. 

Oh I totally forgot about this. I wish they would tell us what the disagreement was that the earlier one left.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2
19 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

As for Go Eun stomping on the phone, I think it's more like anger took over and you just need to vent it out?

Hahaha to be honest I was more annoyed to see the way she stomped on it like a girl (even though she is a girl). It was not forceful. It didn't even crack the screen so I'd definitely be very very concern that the hardware that store the data was unlikely damaged (or recoverable).

13 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Although he had metal knuckles, but that brings you too close to the opponents. When he finally got a rod, I was like, take the metal one not the wooden one, silly!

OMG! I was thinking the same about the close proximity with the opponents! Same for the wooden versus metal rods too! It's just not a very smart way to fight. :mad: At least Vincenzo was smart to acquire a gun!

LOL. See. We do occasionally see eye-to-eye on the same thing :laugh:

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 4
23 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Oh I totally forgot about this. I wish they would tell us what the disagreement was that the earlier one left.

Basically differences of opinion in what the direction of the drama would be. The original writer only wrote up till ep.10, onwards is done by another writer.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Hello everyone! I'm new to janghaven, and this is my first post here. I also find some questionable parts in Ep14, but because of my great love for Lee Je Hoon😆 I will gladly overlook them for now haha. I did enjoy his action sequences (his toned physique😍), and his drifting skills are impressive.

I read the comments about why the thugs don't carry guns. It's because in South Korea, only government-authorized personnel are allowed to carry or own guns. (I'm not Korean, but I happened to read about this some time ago).

Also, Do Ki found Go Eun and Maria right away because he had been to that storage house before (in one of the UData episodes). 

It's finale weekend in five days (so soon!) that's why I thought of signing up so I can join the fun discussions here.☺

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 4

Oh man, Don't mind me writing some catch up posts....I watched Lee Je Hoon's other series Move to Heaven kind of slowly and it totally threw me off my watch patterns for Taxi Driver ...so much so that I didn't realise that I'd missed watching and writing about this for 3 weeks?! :shocked2:

Episode 9

-These episodes were the last of the fun revenge stories before getting into the more serious arc about what looks to be the downfall of Rainbow Taxi with both prosecutors and Evil gangster lady, Chariman Baek, chasing after them :lettalKWA:

- I had a small heart attack when they found KDK's pass at the house they blew up and KHN's boss showed it to CEO Jung because I was like this is the end of KDK! But of course he lied and it was fine. I always wondered why KDK used his real name when getting revenge, but I guess it'd be more suspicious if he used a fake name? :thinking:

- Haha, I couldn't believe that the Rainbow Taxi mechanic CKK fell for the old phone scam asking for bank details! But I guess I do personally know friends who have almost fallen for it too before. And CEO Jung was right - people never blame the scammers but look down on the victims weirdly enough....which normalises phone scammers? I personally don't pick up calls from numbers I don't know to avoid these situations as much as possible. :idk:

- I really loved the rooftop conversation between GE and KDK - She really knew what was troubling him - the fact that he felt responsible for the death of that evil CEO that got blown up. And even though he was technically responsible for her sister's death, I like that she also could talk about the incident to comfort KDK :BulbaOWO:

Episode 10

- Episode 10 was quite possibly my favourite revenge scenario and character for Lee Je Hoon. Hahaha, why do I like KDK as a fake Chinese gangster in a fur coat? I don't knowwww. He's just so cool even when he's not trying to be cool. :laugh:I think he just pulled off smooth-talking ruffian so well...I mean he had such cheesy lines but he delivered them so damn smoothly :cool:

- Amongst some of my favourite KDK as gangster antics were when Madame Lim tests him on their hometown in China and he butters her up by saying how young she is, when he stops that other gangster from hitting her and says "There are 3 things that you should never show a woman: savage looks, savage words and savage fists" (He sounded kinda hot there :heart: Please protect me KDK!) and also funny was when he chucked his deluxe taxi team mate PJE off the boat saying he was a cop...poor guy :laugh: Oh and I laughed hard when he fed a peeled shrimp to Madame Lim :laugh:

- I feel like the portrayal of someone foreign in Madame Lim was unflattering...but as she's a criminal and it's for comedic effect, I guess I let it slide.

- This revenge was actually a pretty good one...haha, I mean, he totally catfished her in the name of getting all the funds back to people and then stranded them at sea. And given the future episodes, being out at sea would have been better than being in that private prison :smile:

tdnRHyC.gif

On 5/8/2021 at 9:50 PM, abs-oluteM said:

Yes , the voice phising guy is the same actor that plays In Bum's uncle in Daebak.

Haha I didn't realise it was OIB's uncle! I'm so dazed from all the cross--over actors lately I think :laugh:

On 5/8/2021 at 9:50 PM, abs-oluteM said:

Will he be able to "seduce" the lady boss with his charm & dressing? :smug:

Doesn't matter about the lady boss...he managed to seduce me :laugh::wow:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

On 5/9/2021 at 11:02 AM, Dhakra said:

• This is definitely CK best role so far, I love his dark, husky voice. It also sounds so funny, but has a nice touch. He really plays the snob very well. How he gained Madam Lim's attention was so well played. She was hooked the moment she entered the booth. 
  • He also knows how to be charming. I can learn one or two things from him for sure. I should take notes. I really loved the part about "there are three things you must never show a woman". I totally liked it. And how he dealth with those punk was quite satisfying aswell.

Hahaha I think LJH just has this wonderfully playful charisma. I mean it's been part of every KDK character in Taxi Driver especially his gangster persona...but you definitely see it in the actor too every time he does an interview...he is just so damn charming in a funny way :heart:

On 5/9/2021 at 11:02 AM, Dhakra said:

Her sad face in the end made me a little sad. :pandasad:What's wrong with me? I really do have a soft heart when it comes down to woman. She was a girl in love, I can feel her pain somehow. But she ruthlessly killed people, scammed honest people and took their money. She erased existences. She deserved what DK did to her.

I get what you mean - the show does a good job to show that there are really bad evil people in the world...but the are still people. They do get hurt if they're catfished even if they deserve that kind of treatment. I guess nothing is wrong with you...in fact you're probably a good person for sympathising and feeling a little bad for her (unlike her who feels nothing for the people she scammed!) :popcorn:

On 5/9/2021 at 3:20 PM, dream said:

Well on a shallow/superficial note LJH is sexy as can be. He was always hot yes, but when he's in his Do Gi badass mode. He becomes a whole another beast. Definitely a sex symbol lol. I look forward to seeing more Do Gi's disguises.

Hahaha my Lee Je Hoon crush is real at the moment. He's hooked me on every episode especially episode 10 :wow:

On 5/9/2021 at 3:20 PM, dream said:

@JenL You have impeccable taste!! :love: He's so charming and cute, but also sexy all in one package!! LJH better repay us fans with a Melo drama or romance show soon!! Don't let your best years go to waste boy :cool:

Me trying to work out my un-holy LJH thoughts while watching Taxi Driver, lmao ;) 

Ahhh, I didn't see this tag earlier...Thanks! Like you, I love good looking cool men :cool: LJH is just so suave and charismatic and incredibly warm all in one for sure. Haha, since you're clearly soft on LJH, have you started a shrine for him @dream? I will drop by if you have! 

On 5/9/2021 at 4:24 PM, abs-oluteM said:

Eps 10 was a nice break from all the excessive violence shown in the U Data case. I laughed so hard seeing Do Ki with his raspy Busan accent & OTT dressing.... I laugh so hard  at the way he  walked to his uncouth way of eating. He sure knows how to charm them ladies ....crab claw anyone? ( Actually quite romantic if someone peels this for me since I am one of those lazy eaters.) 

I also laughed really hard at KDK and his gangster get up...but I was not immune to his charms :laugh:

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

9 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Last week's episodes showed how unprepared and ill-equipped the Taxi Group is to deal with real bad guys. They only have one Kim Do Ki and though he can fight 40 men (who miraculously do not have guns), he cannot be everywhere. The other 4 basically cannot defend themselves.

I also have some rants about episode 14:

• Please, call the police when you need to save lives.
  • Mr Park, you drive by Ms Baek's office where your friends' lives are in danger, see Prosecutor Kang and drive off? Shouldn't you tell the police where the hideout is so that they can save your friends?
  • Go Eun, stamping on the sister's ex-boyfriend's phone to destroy it in anger. For what? Shouldn't you be trying to access the phone and delete all copies of the files that he has stored so that it does not surface again? Since you are apparently so traumatised by that video that you can't even fight back when the guy was going to rape you?

Exactly! I also wondered, after all this time, did no one else except Do Ki got at least basic combat skills? Especially from Go Eun I expected some basic skills to defend herself. I mean, although at this point Do Ki is more or less superman, he cannot be everywhere. I thought at the start they were kind of an elite group, but as it seems, once Do Ki is taken out somehow, the group is done. 

And for Go Eun, omg, I totally forgot to write about it too. That's another thing that was taken directly from drama-tropes, she is our special hacker girl that gets into any system, takes down whole servers in the matter of seconds and once she discovers that there still exists a copy, all she does is throw it at the ground and stomp on it? You know that doesn't do anything. The harddrive will be still intact and you do not know if he maybe did some backups and uploaded them into a cloud. 

You destroy evidence, pretty much THE SOURCE so carelessly?

8 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Defeating people bare hand also takes quite a few hits if you don't plan to kill them directly. With the metal knuckets it does get easier and deadlier. When he fought in the dark at their base, at least we saw that he always aimed towards the head with the spanner. Some of them definitely got a fatal blow. 

But it's totally unlikely that he would be able to defeat them without any sort of help. I mean, even John Wick had a lot of guns while fighting multiple enemies.  

And why did never thought about just throwing the knife at Do Ki instead of going into a melee fight? 

7 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Hahaha to be honest I was more annoyed to see the way she stomped on it like a girl (even though she is a girl). It was not forceful. It didn't even crack the screen so I'd definitely be very very concern that the hardware that store the data was unlikely damaged (or recoverable).

It didn't even make any difference. It probably only made it worse. Especially if you think about the fact that they handed them over to the police. She maybe destroyed THE main evidence. 

4 hours ago, scandi said:

I read the comments about why the thugs don't carry guns. It's because in South Korea, only government-authorized personnel are allowed to carry or own guns. (I'm not Korean, but I happened to read about this some time ago).

Also, Do Ki found Go Eun and Maria right away because he had been to that storage house before (in one of the UData episodes). 

But they're thugs! They do organ trafficking, kill people, doing TONS of illegal stuff, even say they have connections to some very mighty people and you think they care "if they are not allowed to carry or own guns"? :pandadisgusted: I don't think Baek and her minions are people who obey to the law very much.  How many thugs have you seen in Kdrama land who wore a gun and weren't officials? 

I mean she was able to hide criminals in an underground bunker and later took them to a freaking ambassody. They bought chemicals to dissolve bodies! There is no way that she wasn't able to get her hands onto a few weapons. 

I knew how he found them, but it's so unlikely that in that short amount of time, he would have told the random green minion about the storage. I mean they could be happy that they stayed together and didn't split up. If the one guy would have taken Maria somewhere else, she would have been gone for good. 

But like I said, the reality aspect of the drama is gone since quite some time. 

8 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

PERFECTLY said. I totally sign this..

3 hours ago, JenL said:

I get what you mean - the show does a good job to show that there are really bad evil people in the world...but the are still people. They do get hurt if they're catfished even if they deserve that kind of treatment. I guess nothing is wrong with you...in fact you're probably a good person for sympathising and feeling a little bad for her (unlike her who feels nothing for the people she scammed!)

Yay, nothing is wrong with me :pandapray:

I think she wasn't treated like this very often, she even hesistated to open up her heart. But well, at least we got rid of her.

Edited by Dhakra
  • Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 2
9 hours ago, Dhakra said:

But they're thugs! They do organ trafficking, kill people, doing TONS of illegal stuff, even say they have connections to some very mighty people and you think they care "if they are not allowed to carry or own guns"? :pandadisgusted: I don't think Baek and her minions are people who obey to the law very much.  How many thugs have you seen in Kdrama land who wore a gun and weren't officials? 

I mean she was able to hide criminals in an underground bunker and later took them to a freaking ambassody. They bought chemicals to dissolve bodies! There is no way that she wasn't able to get her hands onto a few weapons. 

Yes, I have seen a lot of thugs carrying more than a steel pipe all over Kdramaland. When I wrote my comment, I only had the thugs on Taxi Driver in mind. I should have made myself clearer. Silly thought that those thugs would even observe the law to begin with, but now that I think of it, I can't remember ever seeing Seok Tae carrying a gun to protect Madam Baek or himself. Even in the private prison when they were waiting for Do Ki to show up, there was no gun in sight, right? I guess they just relied on all their minions to get rid of Do Ki easily so they never bothered to prepare any guns and thought no one could ever defeat them anyway.

Edited by scandi
accidentally pressed submit button
  • Like 6
9 hours ago, Dhakra said:

I knew how he found them, but it's so unlikely that in that short amount of time, he would have told the random green minion about the storage. I mean they could be happy that they stayed together and didn't split up. If the one guy would have taken Maria somewhere else, she would have been gone for good. 

But like I said, the reality aspect of the drama is gone since quite some time. 

Didn't the random green minion tell Do Ki in the Rainbow cave where to find them?

Anyway, sorry for my jumbled posts. I'm still navigating my way around (this is my first time ever to join a forum).

English is my third language, and I am not as good as you in writing my thoughts down, so please forgive this bungling newbie.☺

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

Hello @scandi . Welcome to Jang Haven and happy you joined us here. Don't worry about jumbled posts and all. Let me know if you have any technical issues. Will be happy to help. Also if you have questions, we have a FAQ section too

https://janghaven.com/forum/21-faq/

-------------------

Due to watching way too many dramas I have only finished ep 11...lol. It was a sad episode especially for Kang Hanna because of what happened to her assistant ,,. But the one thing I was quite happy about in that episode is that DoKi started questioning CEO about whether using Baek and the private jail was a good idea. This I suppose is setting the tone for the story's direction in episodes to come.  Honestly vigilante justice is a tricky thing. As a viewer who enjoys watching shows like that , I am all for it given that the system is so broken. But this drama in recent episodes has given me food for thought about whether this is truly the best or only solution , and at what point do you draw the line. 

• Like 6

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

LOL .

I guess I must be the only one here who liked 13 and 14. 14 helped me understand what the PD was going for in this arc. I'm not convinced that the change of writer caused this change of direction, it feels to me that the PD always wanted Baek Sung-mi to turn foe on them and for the Rainbow taxi crew to question the validity of their mission. Ultimately the buck stops with the PD and it's his call to move in the direction that he always wanted to. Otherwise there was no need for the prosecutor's office. Baek Sung-mi was a formidable foe not just because she was an awful human being but because she knew Director Jang quite well. She'd even been to his place previously and saved his life when Cho Do-cheol escaped. They were allies at some point so her betrayal and ability to turn tables on Dir Jang was always much easier to achieve.

The Baek Sung-mi arc probably served a two-fold purpose. It convinced Do-ki to work with the prosecutor and the cops by extension. He didn't have much of a choice quite frankly and circumstances forced his hand. It also convinced Director Jang that his project to "reform" the criminals and lock them up in his own private dungeon was wrong-headed and that they should probably close up shop because of the escalation of violence that they experienced. The entire team almost died in some fashion. I'm sure the PD intends for this event to be some kind of wake-up call for the team who has been complacently dabbling with vigilantism uneasily on the wild side. Plus the criminals were on the loose and Do-ki could only be in so many places at one time. The team took quite a beating being totally unprepared and underestimating the threat completely. All of this happened very quickly, within a couple of days. 

I'm sure the entire shift is for the team to be forced to work with Ha-na anyway. That was always on the cards. It's also a way for them to go legit if they choose to in terms of cooperating with the prosecutor's office via Ha-na. This is the compromised position that the PD was in all probability gunning for right from the beginning. The system is broken but as long as there are people in the system that care enough, some kind of collaboration is possible.

All of this was set up a long time ago. It was always in the background but yes, I suppose the execution might not have been to everyone's satisfaction.

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 3

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

I am watching Episode 14 and my heart is bleeding!!!

:letalQQ::letalQQ::letalQQ::letalQQ::letalQQ:

Be back though to write about it in a moment when this episode ends. I had to pause when they hurt KDK because they already hurt all the good characters :cry:

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Yay!!! I finally caught up in time for the last week of this series! I'm not ready to let it go thoughhhh. I mean going from 2 LJH series to 0 LJH series again is very hard now that I like him so much :mine:But I guess I should go back and watch Signal now. Anyway my catch up posts...

Episode 11

-I liked how in this episode you saw how clearly KDK was able to reflect on his actions and feel bad for accidentally blowing up the evil CEO who ran that porn site. I guess that's how you tell the good guy from the bad - he's not violent because he enjoys it, but because it's the only way to keep those bad people in line. But at the end of the day, he wants to be humane and even sympathises with them. :BulbaOWO:

- KHN was at this point a bit annoying in the way she confronted KDK....but they do seem to have sparks of energy when they talk to each other like a few centimetres away from each other's faces :laugh: I loved how KDK called out the justice system for being incompetent and not being able to capture people who have clearly committed the crime. Despite KHN being all challenging to KDK without understanding the truth, she did have a good point that everything would be anarchy if everyone acted on their impulses for revenge.

- Wow, that big stoned face guy has a twin brother. I was so confused at the sudden personality change...but figured he probably had a secret twin brother. Don't we all? :idk::laugh:

-I liked how they had one example of a guy who didn't want revenge. But I guess he was a priest, so forgiveness and all that jazz is important ...But if it was me, I'd still want a handsome guy to come get revenge for me :heiboi: 

QAM84ae.gif

-The way those thug brothers killed Woo Sub was so damn creepy...from the way they pretended to be asleep and cornered him to the way they play cat and mouse in the fabric place and then broke his legs from his knee joints :lettalKWA:

Episode 12

-Noooo, what a horrible death for Mr Wang! I was really sad for him - he was such a friendly and supportive co-worker. His last moments were really haunting and tragic with work calling him and him still trying to respond :letalQQ::letalQQ::letalQQ:

-Although traumatised, I wish KHN had responded better somehow to Mr Wang's family. I mean it was so cold to drop the mother's hands like that? :mine:

- Haha, wow KHN actually sat in the Deluxe Taxi she had been searching so hard for and requested revenge. I mean for all her talk about everything going through the law she pretty much took revenge when things got tough! :idk: It was a very ironic scene. I have to say at first I thought the game requests for revenge were symbolic...but it looks like they actually take the request through the games. It's kinda cute :laugh:

-Poor KDK finding Woo Sub's body and then having a panic attack. It would be disgusting to stumble on an organ harvesting farm. And sickening to know that your actions helped to run it. I guess this confirms why they were taking out the eyes of that pedo guy.

VZCwvUS.gif

- I was confused about the private prison even in this episode, but it's been clarified by the recent episodes. I have to say it wasn't very clear what CEO Jang actually did with those prisoners. I mean he talked about rehab but there were very few scenes showing any kind of rehab...so earlier on it just seemed like he could have been in on the organ farming. But it seems his rehab was kinda like psychological/ mind game type stuff like telling the criminals they would be watched forever or dragged back into prison? :thinking:

On 5/9/2021 at 5:22 PM, abs-oluteM said:

I know they only told us how his mum was killed but the killer got away with it or with jail time that was insufficient? Gosh , I cannot remember now . LOL! But given that he is the main lead , I agree it would be great if they will flesh out more of his story and his thoughts. 

I was going to say that his character is a bit like the Driver in Ryan Gosling's Drive - he's always silently doing things for others and questioning his own humanity. But his own desires and motives have to be deducted rather than explicitly told....But it looks like in previews for the final weeks it will be looking at KDK's backstory and his own rage over his mother's murder? :thinking:

On 5/9/2021 at 5:32 PM, ktcjdrama said:

One thing I could never understand, why would people hide in toilet cubicle to have a secret conversation 🤦🏻‍♀️ I really wish all dramas will stop showing this type of scenes. Everyone can hear you and you’re the only one not knowing who or what it’s like outside the cubicle. You can go into the toilet to speak, but maybe keep your eyes always on the entrance. But then again, the acoustics in a public toilet will only amplify  your voice volume so it really is the worst place to have secret conversations in the first place. 

OMG Yesss. This is like the most frustrating trope of Kdramas. Not just Kdramas - they do it in Taiwanese dramas too! I don't think I've ever had an important conversation in the toilet. 1) You don't know who's listening 2) It's awkward because you can hear people doing their business :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

On 5/9/2021 at 5:36 PM, mademoiselle said:

You know there's this small part of me that thinks if these criminals can't be reformed or worth reforming, and setting them free to the society endangers the others, then instead of locking them up why not make good use of their organs like Madam Baek is doing. At least they can still contribute some good to the society that way. Obviously I'm not encouraging organ tracfficking, but I'm willing to turn a blind eye on this if it is for the greater good. Sigh, I know I know... there's that human rights, moral and ethical issues... :mine:

Yeah, don't worry I've had that thought too. I mean, if some small child has a weak heart/ liver/ kidney and needs a transplant, it would be useful to donate it as punishment given that they deserve to feel physical pain and some of them aren't remorseful at all...In fact they seem full psycho.

But have to remind ourselves that an eye for an eye doesn't enlighten anyone, it just makes the whole world blind. And there have been some cases where bad people change and even start charities and stuff in real life... :idk:

• Like 5

12 hours ago, scandi said:

Yes, I have seen a lot of thugs carrying more than a steel pipe all over Kdramaland. When I wrote my comment, I only had the thugs on Taxi Driver in mind. I should have made myself clearer. Silly thought that those thugs would even observe the law to begin with, but now that I think of it, I can't remember ever seeing Seok Tae carrying a gun to protect Madam Baek or himself. Even in the private prison when they were waiting for Do Ki to show up, there was no gun in sight, right? I guess they just relied on all their minions to get rid of Do Ki easily so they never bothered to prepare any guns and thought no one could ever defeat them anyway.

Overconfidence? Maybe. Still, they preobably are the only organization in the whole underworld who seemingly don't own guns. I mean, I like good choreographed martial arts fights, but when I see Do Ki beating the same guys over and over again, I question myself why none of them came prepared the second, third or fourth time. 

I mean, Ms. Baek has an injection to cloud someones eyes, but nothing to incapable Do Ki? At least Do Ki, a woman in her position, should have a gun somewhere. 

11 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Due to watching way too many dramas I have only finished ep 11...lol. 

200.gif

That's what you get for your....oppatism!

3 hours ago, JenL said:

OMG Yesss. This is like the most frustrating trope of Kdramas. Not just Kdramas - they do it in Taiwanese dramas too! I don't think I've ever had an important conversation in the toilet. 1) You don't know who's listening 2) It's awkward because you can hear people doing their business :laugh:

So you had "unimportant" conversations in the toilet? :laugh: I don't know how it is in women restroom's, but male restrooms are probably the most silent, calm places on the planet. I've never seen a guy talk in there. There are two unwritten rules in every public male restroom, eyes straight and don't talk. Besides flushing, you could hear a needle drop. It's like everyone else is invisible to you. 

Edited by Dhakra
  • Haha 5
  • Shocked 1
17 hours ago, Dhakra said:

So you had "unimportant" conversations in the toilet? :laugh: I don't know how it is in women restroom's, but male restrooms are probably the most silent, calm places on the planet. I've never seen a guy talk in there. There are two unwritten rules in every public male restroom, eyes straight and don't talk. Besides flushing, you could hear a needle drop. It's like everyone else is invisible to you.

Interesting. I thought boys would be sizing each other up when they do their business. Hahahaha. That was insightful, thank you. xD

• Haha 5