Deluxe Taxi / Taxi Driver 모범택시 [ S1- 2021] [S2 - 2023] [S3 -TBD]

abs-oluteM

7 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@SnowBlob I noticed his eye too but I guess his eye can still be blind without needing to wear the pad.

True...BUT..that eye that's supposedly blind moved well! Unsure though whether a blind eye can still move around following an object it sees? 

Hmm i thought OYC apologising had something to do with CEO Jang and or KDK? Thought they must have threatened him with sth for him to apologise like that... Because dont think he_s remorseful at all (unless he got a brain transplant from someone's who is 'normal' like in Mouse...:laugh:)

• Haha 4

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

4 hours ago, SnowBlob said:

True...BUT..that eye that's supposedly blind moved well! Unsure though whether a blind eye can still move around following an object it sees?

LOL. Of all things you can pick... you have to pick on this one :laugh:I actually never checked. My sister's ex is blind in one eye but I never stare so it never cross my mind about this LOL.

4 hours ago, SnowBlob said:

Hmm i thought OYC apologising had something to do with CEO Jang and or KDK? Thought they must have threatened him with sth for him to apologise like that... Because dont think he_s remorseful at all (unless he got a brain transplant from someone's who is 'normal' like in Mouse...

Ehhh were off somewhere playing your phone in this part? Hahaha. He finally feels bad because he finds out (via CEO Jang) that his son was the one he beats up and coz of that his wife died too. Yeah no, if he is a psychopath I also don't think he'd feel remorse.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
On 5/30/2021 at 4:17 PM, JenL said:

I was conflicted that OYC's son was sort of used as the pawn in the revenge, but it doesn't seem like KDK and CEO Jung knew what OYC was going to do to the bodyguard that was his son...only that they leveraged what happened to torment OYC. I think I was the opposite to you @mademoiselle in that I liked that CEO Jung did reveal the truth to OYC  to break him - letting him know he had hurt/destroyed the thing that he most valued with his own hands would be a way of making him feel like he had lost. That's what you get with messing with security guards, OYC! :pandacop:

Let's not forget this also wasn't the first time Rainbow Taxi used the kids of the criminals to apply pressure. Mr.Jang also mentioned the daugter of Cho Do Chul to make him compliant. 

I also agree that it was good that CEO Jung revealed it to him, especially in the chosen form with a picture. Do Ki mentioned that he didn't want to give OYC a picture to yearn onto, because it would show him also a little bit of mercy. But now CEO gave it to him so he can visually see his actions, every day in the form of a picture. 

On 5/30/2021 at 4:17 PM, JenL said:

- With that said, I felt like the scriptwriters didn't really look so deeply into psychopaths. I'm not an expert but I guess I've read a lot about them over the years because I've always been fascinated with empathy and how some people really don't have it. The first thing that I was a bit meh on was them saying psychopaths could love their kids. I really didn't think so, but I had a look on some psycho/sociopath threads on reddit after the episode and most psychopaths said they don't think they do - they feel 'fondness,' but love is hard for many. It's probably not impossible, but more in the way that psychopaths think of their kids being an extension of themselves or something useful/beneficial to them. So OYC missing his kid was a bit of a stretch, but it's possible that he thought his kid was the good part of himself or something. :idk:

4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Ehhh were off somewhere playing your phone in this part? Hahaha. He finally feels bad because he finds out (via CEO Jang) that his son was the one he beats up and coz of that his wife died too. Yeah no, if he is a psychopath I also don't think he'd feel remorse.

Do you know the YouTube Channel "JCS - Criminal Psychology"? The Channel ist about investigating and talking to criminals of famous cases in the interrogation room and tactics to get a confession. So when they showed the behavior of the psychopath, I actually was reminded of a video that was released a few days back which showed the case of a recent shooting at a highschool in Florida. The offender pretended to be crazy and mentally ill, but for comparison purposes they showed a "real" psychopatch who wasn't able to feel remorse or guilt. He was totally calm and rational. He didn't try to look crazy, he just was. 

I put it in a spoiler with a timestamp.

Spoiler

So the case of OYC was really odd, because I think his character was based on tropes in the end. I don't buy it. Especially the last scene of his where he falls on his knees, asking for forgiveness and begging. That doesn't look like a serial killer, who murdered several people before and couldn't care less. 

He doesn't change his character so quickly after years of being imprisoned and being a serial killer. 

All in all it looked a little too much of KDrama Christmascandyland.

8 hours ago, SnowBlob said:

Hmm i thought OYC apologising had something to do with CEO Jang and or KDK? Thought they must have threatened him with sth for him to apologise like that... Because dont think he_s remorseful at all (unless he got a brain transplant from someone's who is 'normal' like in Mouse...:laugh:)

Honestly, I think it's another case of the drama not willing to make the last step. The drama started by giving us the impression that our Team is willing to make any kind of sacrifices and do every means possible to get revenge and get the bad guys. 

But slowly and steadily we learned that they don't, they lack of professionalism, pretty much everything relies on Do Ki and even the first so highly praised Mrs. Baek, who looked like the queen of the underworld, is only a woman who has too many untalented thugs and two big babies. 

They really didn't want to harm Deluxe Taxi in any way. More than once Do Ki looked invincible and unkillable. Even Ms.Baek, who always looked like she knows no mercy, seemed to fail and go soft on CEO Jang. His eyesight looked very normal at the end.

Btw is Park the first person in KDramaland that survived the Truck of Doom? :laugh: 

Edited by Dhakra
  • Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Yay! Another drama completed and a more relaxed calendar now.

CEO Jang - something was injected into his eye, but it could be that it takes a few jabs to permanently destroy the eye. If we remember Baek's sugar daddy, the deterioration of his eye seemed to be over time as he was seeing a doctor to try to get better.

OYC - I think those of us who watched Mouse are too conditioned to believe that a psychopath had feelings/emotion/can feel remorse 😆 From the background of Mouse's writer and @Dhakra's video, it would seem that in reality, they can't. So the show was either trying to bend facts a little or could OYC be a serial killer but not a psychopath? In any case, it also doesn't make sense that the prison guards who were being bullied and beaten by a prisoner could do nothing about it. Assuming OYC had feelings, I agree that the revelation that he had been beating his own son and caused his wife's death would be a big blow and thus, a good form of revenge within the law. But there is also an upside for OYC as he could arrange to meet with his son in future since he knows who he is now eg. sending a message saying "I am your father" and his son would probably visit him in the prison.

Overall, this drama was entertaining and I looked forward to it every weekend. However, I think the first half was more exciting/tighter while the second half had more hard to believe/insult to our intelligence bits. If there is a second season, it's got to be better than the last few episodes of S1.

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
12 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Hahahahahhahaha.... No actually i didnt play with my phone this time ... I assumed (not shown) OYC was threatened because i thought OYC was a psychopath and there s no way he would feel remorse..and hence that scene of him begging wasnt out of his remorse feeling but must be because outside force (eg threat) :laugh: But this was all just my guess as it's def not shown in the drama. But now perhaps he's a serial killer but not a psycho... Can a serial killer not be a psycho though? Hahahah 

6 hours ago, Chocolate said:

CEO Jang - something was injected into his eye, but it could be that it takes a few jabs to permanently destroy the eye. If we remember Baek's sugar daddy, the deterioration of his eye seemed to be over time as he was seeing a doctor to try to get better.

This makes sense :) Although then why the need for CEO Baek to offer the deal of getting him a new eye? She probably thought CEO Jang didnt like to wait to get his eye healed or sth :laugh:

8 hours ago, Dhakra said:

They really didn't want to harm Deluxe Taxi in any way.

Very true! I suppose they want to end it with good feeling for the watchers. I really thought mr Park would die... Lol .. Although i must say i'm happy that he didn't. :Ghastlel:

• Like 4

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

Many of us here watch multiple shows - I laughed seeing how every one is happy they finish this . Like completing school assignment.  Lol! 
now I wanna see oppa LJH in a romantic melodrama like Tomorrow With You 

The cast says goodbye

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

On 5/31/2021 at 3:29 AM, Dhakra said:

• So getting a confession under torture is actual possible in korea? Oh boy.....I mean I guess it was done behind closed doors.....but.....man those drama always make the korean law look really bad. 

Yeah I've seen at least a few Korean dramas or movies where this has happened...I think the one I always think of is the film New Trial which was based on a true case (Iksan murder case) where a teenage kid spent 10 years in prison for a crime he did not commit because the corrupt cops forced him to confess. I think there are huge areas of the law that need to be address because they have potential for misuse/ blind spots in Korea.

But to be fair, I think Korea at least talks about it and makes films about it. If we're honest with ourselves, I think this sort of sort stuff happens in every country, often to those in minority groups. Australia is a fairly egalitarian society, but this sort of stuff has probably happened with Indigenous teenagers who get caught by white police in the rural countryside. Racism and classism still exist everywhere unfortunately. :letalQQ:

On 5/31/2021 at 3:29 AM, Dhakra said:
  • I really wonder about the stature of limitations though, so murder can expire in korea? I only know about the german law and here all kinds of murder will never expire. No matter how long it has been, you will always be charged here. That's why we even charge some very old people (like an 90+ year old recently) who committed war crimes in WWII. 

Woo, that's good that there's no "time limit" for a crime not being a crime :BulbaOWO:

The Korean law I always find weird is that it's not a murder if they don't find the body...but there's so many K-dramas where a serial killer hides the bodies really well...a law like that just encourages criminals to get better at hiding the evidence :lettalKWA: Apparently you can still be charged for murder here without a body if they have the evidence.

On 5/31/2021 at 9:47 AM, mademoiselle said:

I think you pretty much highlighted the part where I felt dissatisfied and had to sit on it to let it settle. I totally get that Oh Young Chul was told the truth about his son is a way to punish and make him truly repent. However, like you said, if psychopaths really don't feel empathy or know how to love then this part is void. I honestly felt nothing when he kneeled down and apologised for the crimes he committed, and I think mainly this is because a simple word of apology won't erase any sufferings. So like you said, it's not realistic and I suppose this is done so that the drama/case has a "closure". 

@Chocolate @mademoiselle @Dhakra @SnowBlob So I thought about this and I can still make sense of the punishment, though they should have refined it more factually to how a psychopath actually reacts. How I see it making sense is that OYC didn't "love his son " -  it's more a selfish type of love - he prided himself on being "the best father in the world" (since his son seemed to love his dad and had good memories of him) and didn't want to lose his winning image. It doesn't sound like torture, but most psychopaths are quite lonely and are fixated on winning and losing. They'll never really feel sadness, fear or punishment, but it seems a lot of them have huge issues with being lonely, misunderstood and "being seen as a loser" to other people. So the thing about not wanting his son to find out about him does kind of make sense as a 'punishment' since it would cause all those feelings which are the worst feelings psychopaths can apparently get :idk: 

You're right too - a real life version of OYC definitely wouldn't have begged which is why we didn't feel it was genuine in the show - a more realistic reaction would have been anger. They should have shown him getting more angry and acting more violent than GTY or Chairman Baek (who are more realistic depictions of psychopaths!). They also should have made his son seem more like the type of son that a psychopath would value ie. someone who is seen as a winner, whose opinion he would care about if he hated him ie. scholarship student, handsome etc rather than a weak sort of guy, since a psychopath would not feel bad for a son like that and would probably have abandoned him anyway. :idk:

And they probably should have shown KDK wrecking OYC in other ways - ie. taking down his book deal, OYC being sent to solitary confinement for being violent to everyone since angry about "losing" to KDK, in addition to what happened with his son. These scenes would have given the audience more satisfaction of punishment, and made wayyy more sense than the courtroom scene at the end, which was very unrealistic and more trying to pull audience tears :lenny:

I was telling someone about the last episode of Taxi Driver and someone pointed me to this podcast about a woman who discovered her dad was the Smiley Face Serial Killer in her teens and her experiences with that. It's fascinating, but she also talks about how she thinks her dad was a lonely and angry person. Also, she debates whether or not as an older person now she should visit her dad in jail because he would see it as him "winning" over her. :pandathink:

On 5/31/2021 at 5:18 PM, SnowBlob said:

Hahaha I was soooo confused with the eye. Was it really cut out? This is a donated eye? Real fake? Sooo many questions!! :poliWeird:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Awesome 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

20 hours ago, Dhakra said:

So the case of OYC was really odd, because I think his character was based on tropes in the end. I don't buy it. Especially the last scene of his where he falls on his knees, asking for forgiveness and begging. That doesn't look like a serial killer, who murdered several people before and couldn't care less. 

He doesn't change his character so quickly after years of being imprisoned and being a serial killer. 

All in all it looked a little too much of KDrama Christmascandyland.

Yep agree! I do think they tend to like some pretty fairy tale type endings sometimes where it's meant to be "touching" but it doesn't necessarily make sense? :pandathink:

18 hours ago, Chocolate said:

OYC - I think those of us who watched Mouse are too conditioned to believe that a psychopath had feelings/emotion/can feel remorse 😆 From the background of Mouse's writer and @Dhakra's video, it would seem that in reality, they can't.

Hahaha good thing I didn't watch Mouse. I like LSG but I would have pulled my hair out :psweatduck: (I guess I did learn somethings from criminology all those years ago :laugh:)

12 hours ago, SnowBlob said:

But now perhaps he's a serial killer but not a psycho... Can a serial killer not be a psycho though? Hahahah 

Hahaha, I have wondered this too :thinking: But that somehow would seem more evil to me. Psycho/sociopaths are born with weird brains missing the parts for empathy. But if you have a normal brain and you're doing that, it seems somehow more shocking?! :lettalKWA::shocked2:

11 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Many of us here watch multiple shows - I laughed seeing how every one is happy they finish this . Like completing school assignment.  Lol! 
now I wanna see oppa LJH in a romantic melodrama like Tomorrow With You 

@abs-oluteM It is like school - I watch my episodes and then I have to write weekly paper (2000 word essay) about it here :lettalKWA:

...Even though no one forces me...but myself :laugh: But yes, I'm glad I finished!

I think LJH would be so good in a romance. I've always been curious about Where Stars Land since I also like Chae Soo Bin, but it seemed to have poor reviews? Did you ever watch it? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, JenL said:

think LJH would be so good in a romance. I've always been curious about Where Stars Land since I also like Chae Soo Bin, but it seemed to have poor reviews? Did you ever watch it?

Yes, I did. I watched it as it was airing. It was okay. Couldn't really feel the connection between him &  CSB.   I prefer Tomorrow With You ...he's chemistry with Shin Min Ah was fab. 

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

53 minutes ago, JenL said:

I think LJH would be so good in a romance. I've always been curious about Where Stars Land since I also like Chae Soo Bin, but it seemed to have poor reviews? Did you ever watch it?

I like both Tomorrow with You and Where Stars Land... (it has Nam Da Reum, Kim Kyung Nam AND Rowoon!!! :love:) Those who gave poor reviews must be salty about the last few mins ending. LOLLLL.

55 minutes ago, JenL said:

But if you have a normal brain and you're doing that, it seems somehow more shocking?!

Quite true. It's like that person has no reason to kill (although there's always other reasons than being a psychopath).

56 minutes ago, JenL said:

Hahaha good thing I didn't watch Mouse. I like LSG but I would have pulled my hair out (I guess I did learn somethings from criminology all those years ago

Mouse was OK in the beginning and it just kinda lost the plot after the brain transplant and not too sure what exactly is the point of the story after that. Would you agree, @Chocolate? We had thought the story wanted to explore between birth vs nurture for psychopaths.

Since you have never seen Seo In Guk until Doom, this would mean you haven't seen Hello Monster. I highly recommend this. It's about psychopaths too but I like how it was explored. Too bad Choco has an aversion towards Jang Nara, so I guess less likely she wanna pick this up. BTW, @Chocolate are you still watching Daebak Real Estate or you've dropped it?

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Mouse was OK in the beginning and it just kinda lost the plot after the brain transplant and not too sure what exactly is the point of the story after that. Would you agree, @Chocolate? We had thought the story wanted to explore between birth vs nurture for psychopaths.

Yep, but I still enjoyed the drama and cried for him at the end. Although the emotions were "transplanted", that person felt the pain and suffered. Doesn't matter that it was not solely Jae Hoon/Bareum entertainment wise. But it won't win any Best Drama award 😂.

10 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Since you have never seen Seo In Guk until Doom, this would mean you haven't seen Hello Monster. I highly recommend this. It's about psychopaths too but I like how it was explored. Too bad Choco has an aversion towards Jang Nara, so I guess less likely she wanna pick this up. BTW, @Chocolate are you still watching Daebak Real Estate or you've dropped it?

I don't like Seo In Guk too 🤣

Yes! Still watching Daebak but no time - I'm behind by 4 episodes. Will catch up.

LJH had a cameo at the end of Hot Stove League and did quite well as a Tech tycoon. He seems quite versatile. I would watch a romcom, but likely not a romance/melo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
9 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Yep, but I still enjoyed the drama and cried for him at the end. Although the emotions were "transplanted", that person felt the pain and suffered. Doesn't matter that it was not solely Jae Hoon/Bareum entertainment wise. But it won't win any Best Drama award

Agreed it was entertaining and yeah I cried for Ba Reum too at the end hahaha but definitely not high on the recommendation list.

I don't like Seo In Guk too

Aiya, this is not for you but @JenL lah! It's too bad because it was a really good show at that time and still the more memorable drama for me written on psychopaths. EXO's D.O, as an idol, played a psychopath and he nailed that psychopathic performance. Oh phew... I nearly gave away spoiler (although it's not that hard to guess). It's a crime mystery drama too which I thought it's a drama up your alley IF you would stop having aversion towards these actors. LOL LOL.

I would watch a romcom, but likely not a romance/melo.

I wouldn't classify Tomorrow With You and Where Stars Land melo though. They are more romance/fantasy. The romance/melo I'm watching now is Youth of May :jinbtscry: Dread. Not my cuppa.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 4
44 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Yes, I did. I watched it as it was airing. It was okay. Couldn't really feel the connection between him &  CSB.   I prefer Tomorrow With You ...he's chemistry with Shin Min Ah was fab. 

41 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I like both Tomorrow with You and Where Stars Land... (it has Nam Da Reum, Kim Kyung Nam AND Rowoon!!! :love:) Those who gave poor reviews must be salty about the last few mins ending. LOLLLL.

Thanks both for your different opinions! I think I've been tempted for a long time anyway...and now that you've listed these other actors I like, I feel like I should give it a go. I think the bad reviews I saw were that CSB's character was 'annoying' ...but I guess it's hard to know what I'd think until I really watch it myself. 

I'm gonna chuck it on my LJH catch up list. :BulbaOWO:

44 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Quite true. It's like that person has no reason to kill (although there's always other reasons than being a psychopath).

Yeah, if one has a normal brain, there should be no reason to do it continuously and enjoy it :lettalKWA: I  think there's the people with normal brains who might do this to one person in a fit of rage or something that may not be psychos, but still...you'd have some serious anger issues :shocked:

49 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Since you have never seen Seo In Guk until Doom, this would mean you haven't seen Hello Monster. I highly recommend this. It's about psychopaths too but I like how it was explored.

25 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Aiya, this is not for you but @JenL lah! It's too bad because it was a really good show at that time and still the more memorable drama for me written on psychopaths. EXO's D.O, as an idol, played a psychopath and he nailed that psychopathic performance. Oh phew... I nearly gave away spoiler (although it's not that hard to guess). It's a crime mystery drama too which I thought it's a drama up your alley IF you would stop having aversion towards these actors. LOL

Oooh interesting. I'll also add to catch up list. Sometimes this list gets very long :idk: SIG is very charismatic so I could see him do a role like this and be creepy/convincing!

I think @mademoiselle is like my drama agent (like real estate agent, but recommends dramas) :laugh: 

@Chocolate I thought I disliked a lot of actors, but you might be more picky than me :pandahehe:

30 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

LJH had a cameo at the end of Hot Stove League and did quite well as a Tech tycoon. He seems quite versatile. I would watch a romcom, but likely not a romance/melo.

Haha, yesss LJH was in Hot Stove League - he was the annoying tech CEO :laugh: The whole time I was like, "This guy is good looking, but why can't he just save the team?! He's their last hope!!!" :psweatduck:

28 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I wouldn't classify Tomorrow With You and Where Stars Land melo though. They are more romance/fantasy. The romance/melo I'm watching now is Youth of May :jinbtscry: Dread. Not my cuppa.

Ah, good good. I would be more reluctant if these were melo dramas...I will probably try :BulbaOWO:

I thought you would love Youth of May since it's got pretty boy LDH? :thinking: As much as I like him, it just didn't sound interesting to me. That, and I'm going to be like @Chocolate but... I'm just not keen on Go Min Si. There's no reason I can give though :idk:

• Haha 4

@JenL

Ah that explains it. CSB being "annoying" was in the start/early episodes. She was eager to impress and get on the good side of the bosses so she was argumentative but soon her character is more developed as she interacts with Je Hoon, it is ok. There's a bit of sadness in Je Hoon's role that I enjoy. I won't spoil you and let you find out yourself.

With Hello Monster, it's enjoyable when the 3 guys (I shall not reveal) were together. The conversation was so interesting (and the tension) and witty. It is an underrated drama... I think one of these days I'm going to have to dig it out and rewatch to see if I still like it after watching so many more crime mystery dramas.

Nah, I don't love every dramas Oppa churns out. Do Hyun still acts well in there... Regretfully the plot fot YoM is not my fave.

Bahahahahaha drama agent. 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Do I get commission for recommending good dramas? @Chocolate -  pay up, I recommended Dr Prisoner and Hot Stove League which you loved. Lol

• Haha 2
50 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Nah, I don't love every dramas Oppa churns out. Do Hyun still acts well in there... Regretfully the plot fot YoM is not my fave.

ahahaha...ya @JenL  melodrama is the word. Also it is based on history during some real dark times in SK ( Gwangju uprising ) , so it is very tragic. But I tend to like heart wrenching stuff  , so to an extent my taste is not for everyone.  Tomorrow With You made me cry. Where Stars Land - I was just admiring the airport a lot  :laugh:...I didn't feel emotionally connected. CSB's character may seem stubborn at first but I think I have seen more unlikeable female leads. LOL

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Overall, this drama was entertaining and I looked forward to it every weekend. However, I think the first half was more exciting/tighter while the second half had more hard to believe/insult to our intelligence bits. If there is a second season, it's got to be better than the last few episodes of S1.

I agree. The first and second half of the drama felt totally different. The first half had a darker, more ruthless aspect. The second half was sometimes a little bit too silly and implausible. Do Ki felt like an unbeatable cyborg, who doesn't need to rest and can't be harmed. I mean, he got beaten several times hard by a baseball bat and still could defeat a whole army, drive and continue fighting the next day. 

I did like the drama aswell, but the second season needs to have a little more fine tuning. Well choreographed fights are good, but if every episode is about Do Ki fighting dozens of guys while none of them learning anything over several episodes, it's a bit....:pandablank: 

17 hours ago, SnowBlob said:

Very true! I suppose they want to end it with good feeling for the watchers. I really thought mr Park would die... Lol .. Although i must say i'm happy that he didn't. :Ghastlel:

Adding to my text above, this is another issue I have. Team Rainbow Taxi just felt superior, nothing bad happened to them over the course of the drama. I mean, I am the happiest :pandasad: that nothing happened to Go Eun and I would have go nuts if she would have went through something similiar like her sister, but for example, CEO Jang had so many bad guys in his apartment through the course of the drama. So many thugs broke into his home. Cho Do Chul, Baek's thugs to just name a few. And they suddenly went all soft on him. 

Park also survived his small adventure with Miss Lim, somehow got rescued after being thrown into the ocean and is probably the first who survived the truck of doom.  I am glad he survived, but sigh..... :pandablind:I really need to close my eyes to not rant too much. 

5 hours ago, JenL said:

But to be fair, I think Korea at least talks about it and makes films about it. If we're honest with ourselves, I think this sort of sort stuff happens in every country, often to those in minority groups. Australia is a fairly egalitarian society, but this sort of stuff has probably happened with Indigenous teenagers who get caught by white police in the rural countryside. Racism and classism still exist everywhere unfortunately. :letalQQ:

Woo, that's good that there's no "time limit" for a crime not being a crime :BulbaOWO:

The Korean law I always find weird is that it's not a murder if they don't find the body...but there's so many K-dramas where a serial killer hides the bodies really well...a law like that just encourages criminals to get better at hiding the evidence :lettalKWA: Apparently you can still be charged for murder here without a body if they have the evidence.

But wouldn't it be better if they don't need to make movies out of it at first? 

Well, racism definitely exists her aswell onfortunately, classism to a certain degree aswell, but not in front of the law. At least I do not know any cases of forced confessions in Germany. I did a bit of research on google myself and haven't found anything aswell. And even if people did it, it was pretty much revoked quite soon, cause it wouldn't stand the actual trial. 

Yeah I never understood that either, with methods of dissolving, hiding or burying it well, I can't understand how it can't be murder if they don't have the body. The murderer can literally confess, but if they don't have a body, it's not murder. 

5 hours ago, JenL said:

You're right too - a real life version of OYC definitely wouldn't have begged which is why we didn't feel it was genuine in the show - a more realistic reaction would have been anger. They should have shown him getting more angry and acting more violent than GTY or Chairman Baek (who are more realistic depictions of psychopaths!). They also should have made his son seem more like the type of son that a psychopath would value ie. someone who is seen as a winner, whose opinion he would care about if he hated him ie. scholarship student, handsome etc rather than a weak sort of guy, since a psychopath would not feel bad for a son like that and would probably have abandoned him anyway. 

Anger, revenge or the complete opposite, playing it either cool, being just stonecold or reject it. We saw him being quite methodic while killing, playing with his victims. So him being soft, submissive and weak just doesn't fit. 

Now that you mention it, that's true. OYC pretty much showed what he thinks of types like his son, by actually bullying and hurting weak younger man. 

I also wonder, since OYC is a known serial killer, who knowingly brutally murdered several people, it's clear that he would be under heavy guard. Why was Han Dong-chan so helpless and defenseless? Since OYC most likely is imprisoned in a high security prison, why wasn't han at least able to defend himself even a little? He should know how to handle a prisoner. 

4 hours ago, JenL said:

Yep agree! I do think they tend to like some pretty fairy tale type endings sometimes where it's meant to be "touching" but it doesn't necessarily make sense? :pandathink:

Then at least let Do Ki and Ha Na have a kiss at the end :laugh: I mean their talk about faith and trust was so cheesy. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

Just want to give my piece on this drama. I started it out of curiosity because I always see it on Korean News portals. Revenge dramas is not my cup of tea but Lee Je-hoon is one of my favorites and since I was moved once again by his portrayal in Move to Heaven, I decided to watch it.

It was such a ride! It was like watching a superhero movie! All the actors did very well in this series but kudos to LJH and his Rainbow Crew. I laughed, cried, was terrified, got angry and rooted for all for the victims and our great crew. However as many of you said, the change in writer was indeed noticeable, the second half conflict and even the finale were a bit lackluster. However, I am very happy that they set the ending with a possibility of a second season. LJH's Kim Do Ki was heart wrenching, entertaining, palpable and incredible. I would like to see him do his job for the Rainbow Crew without the trauma of his mother's murder. I think he found his peace in a way when OYC got his ultimate punishment. A second season would be perfect to tackle many other cold cases and issues in Korean society. I sure would love to see the Rainbow Crew exact revenge for the weak and the suffering again. It's nice that KHN is on their side now however unbelievable it is! haha I am still conflicted that a prosecutor is on board with them and with Go Eun as a police officer now. It just blurs the line between true law abiding justice and righteous justice.

This drama reminds me a bit of Strangers/ Forest of Secrets but prosecutor Hwang Si Mok there achieved justice with the law, for the law and by the law. I also liked that there are no love lines in this drama like that of Strangers just genuine respect and true friendship.

Lastly, I would like to just say that I liked LJH way back from his Architecture 101 days but his Move to Heaven and his Taxi Driver made me a fan that would attend his fan meetings from now on;) :BulbaOWO:

Cheers to more good dramas this 2021! :CharmanderYay:

Edited by Unnie0110
  • Awesome 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 3
  • 1 month later...

@JenLthanks for posting the news about the second season! I couldn't stand the suspense so waited until it was all over before finally finishing the drama. I actually ended up really loving it. It wasn't actually as gory and as depressing as I thought it was heading. But that could be because I didn't have to wait a week after a cliffhanger???

Anyway, really looking forward to the 2nd season. Hope they have the same crew.

• Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...