Deluxe Taxi / Taxi Driver 모범택시 [ S1- 2021] [S2 - 2023] [S3 -TBD]

abs-oluteM

2 minutes ago, Tofu said:

can't believe this drama is going to start next week already! Can you even fit this in your schedule, @abs-oluteM?!

I have 4 dramas ending. :pandahappy:..ahahahah. The irony - most people are sad when their favorite dramas end but here I am so happy . 

• Haha 5

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

Omo @Chocolate finds Je Hoon cute!! Oppa to be alert!! :lenny:

:MewHi: I will tune in too because I trust Je Hoon's choice (although not all of his movies - hahaha).

I'm hoping no romance with him and Esom because I was quite burnt by her performance in The 3rd Charm.

As for the actress who replaces Lee Na Eun, I think she might be able to act more naturally than Na Eun - my only wish from her is for her not to act cute or innocent again because her previous roles have been this kind. She's not the naturally cute kind so it comes off fake instead.

LOL @abs-oluteM that means those dramas are not good enough.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 5
6 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

It's all relative my dear. I've only encountered uncle taxi drivers so far. Although with Uber/Grab, these days there are younger drivers 😂

It never come across my mind that I wanted the taxi/uber drivers to be good-looking because I'm paranoid with whether they are trust-worthy and that I'll safely reach the destination I need to be. Do you guys sit at the front or back?

• Haha 4
4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

It never come across my mind that I wanted the taxi/uber drivers to be good-looking because I'm paranoid with whether they are trust-worthy and that I'll safely reach the destination I need to be. Do you guys sit at the front or back?

I sit at the back when I use Grab ( Malaysian equivalent to Uber) . But since covid, I try to drive everywhere.

New stills - The Rainbow team

https://sports.donga.com/article/all/20210331/106175280/1

106175279.1.jpg

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

Anti-heros seem to be the in thing now. Naver article here mentioned that LJH's character will be a "Dark Hero" of sorts

202104020803420310_2_20210402080557185.j

Actor Lee Je- hoon's'K -Dark Hero' performance is drawing attention.

This is a private revenge drama in which taxi company Rainbow Transportation and taxi driver Kim Do-gi (Lee Je-hoon) complete revenge on behalf of an unfair victim. 'Exemplary Taxi', based on the webtoon of the same name, is attracting attention as a well-made cider action drama that will showcase the essence of Korean dark heroes by director Park Joon-woo and script by Oh Sang-ho, who specializes in criminal action entertainment.  Along with this, public attention is also being focused on Lee Je-hoon's transformation, who performs his first action hero acting since his debut through 'Exemplary Taxi'. 'Kim Do-gi', played by Lee Je-hoon, is a former special force and is a taxi driver for 'Rainbow Transport', a villain hunting expert who stands on the side of unfair victims and condemns vicious perpetrators with force. Therefore, it is expected that Lee Je-hoon will provide exhilarating  satisfaction to viewers through exhilarating action.

On the other hand, it is interesting that Lee Je-Hoon dark hero is not just an action hero. Lee Je-hoon in 'Exemplary Taxi' is a so-called transformation craftsman. From the daily mode of acting as an ordinary taxi driver, to the camouflage mode that hides the identity of a target and sets a trap for hunting, to the hunting mode that punishes the villain in earnest, it is expected to capture the eyes of the viewers with its eight-color pattern. . In particular, Lee Je-hoon's camouflage mode is expected to be a delicacy for watching each episode. It is expected that Lee Je-hoon's disguise, who changes his tone and manners every time to approach the villains rooted in Korean society, will provide a different kind of fun.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/609/0000422093?lfrom=twitter

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

On 4/1/2021 at 7:34 PM, mademoiselle said:

That is the misconception! You will likely be safest be good looking drivers as they probably have tons of girlfriends so passengers don't need to worry they will drive somewhere remote and... 😆

I sit at the back. Sitting in front is like being too close to a stranger. I think most cab/grab drivers feel the same and don't like us to sit in front too, unless there are many passengers.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Lee Je Hoon continues to surprise me with all the roles he's played. He's very talented but I agreed that his movie picks are always a bit questionable compare to his dramas. I just hope he plays less role where he needs to have facial hair. :pandascared:

At the beginning of the week, I wasn't so sure if I would watch this because I was feeling a bit drama fatigue -- balancing out the increased load at work and drama watching has not been the easiest. However, this weekend, I'm feeling much better so I think I'm going to watch. I mentioned it to stroppyse that Lee Je Hoon is someone I watch regardless -- sometimes I go in having no idea what his drama is about. 

Random: We actually have a taxi company called Rainbow Taxi here. I don't think they will help me seek revenge though. Haha! 

• Haha 4
On 4/4/2021 at 1:46 PM, Chocolate said:

That is the misconception! You will likely be safest be good looking drivers as they probably have tons of girlfriends so passengers don't need to worry they will drive somewhere remote and... 😆

I sit at the back. Sitting in front is like being too close to a stranger. I think most cab/grab drivers feel the same and don't like us to sit in front too, unless there are many passengers.

Bahahahaha I still don't trust them. I vaguely remember the one thing crime profiler (not sure true or not) mentioned was that often psycho serial killer looks very normal, can be charming in looks (reminds me of vampire luring their prey with their looks xD)

Ok good. I didn't want to be rude but I honestly want to put a distance between me and stranger.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Kocowa , one of the subbers , has a good write-up on the drama

https://blog.kocowa.com/k-drama/lee-je-hoons-taxi-driver-is-racing-to-a-revenge-fueled-premiere-on-april-9th/

Lee-Jae-Hoon-taxi-Driver-on-KOCOWA.jpg?f

If there was anyone that could make me hail a cab like it’s 2008, you better believe Lee Je Hoon would be at the top of the list. In fact, my arm might be waving in the air right now. *Get down arm, stop embarrassing me!*

THE STORY

Spoiler

Lee-Je-Hoon-taxi-Driver-Korean-Drama-KOC

“Taxi Driver” is the story of a man named Kim Do-Ki (played by Lee Je Hoon) who works for a taxi company in Seoul. Yes, Taxi, that yellow car thingy people used to take before Uber was invented – hailing one was a whole process! But I digress, because this taxi company is not your ordinary run of the mill, ‘Call me and I might be there thirty minutes later.’ No, no, you don’t call these people if you need a ride, you call them if you need revenge. 

Um, say what? You might be asking your screen. Did you just say… revenge? Yes, revenge, and I must admit that I sat up a bit straighter when I read that, too. \

Lee-Je-Hoon-in-Taxi-Driver-Kdrama-on-KOC

In “Taxi Driver,” Kim Do Ki is a Naval Academy graduate who becomes a special force officer. However, his life takes a tragic turn when his mother is murdered by a serial killer. After that unfortunate event, Lee Je Hoon starts to work for Rainbow Taxi, a company that offers a special “revenge-call” service for their clients. All of the employees of this taxi company help fulfill these revenge orders.

Okay, so now I’m intrigued. Also, a bit curious…hmm, does this revenge service come with an app like Uber Eats? Because revenge with a side of hot wings would be pretty convenient…I kid, I kid! 

THE CREATORS
“Taxi Driver” is based on the popular R-rated webcomic, The Deluxe Taxi by Carlos and Lee Jae Jin. You can read it on Naver in its original Korean with the first few episodes for free. It will be brought to life on the small screen by screenwriter Oh Sang Ho and director Park Joon Woo.

I am interested to see how this story is reimagined on the small screen because revenge is oftentimes a bloody business, and this webcomic did not hesitate to capture that with crimson.

THE CAST

Esom-Taxi-Driver-Korean-Drama-on-KOCOWA.

Lee Je Hoon is joined by a small cast of quirky revenge-fueled characters. Let’s start with a favorite of mine, Esom, who plays Kang Ha Na, an elite, cold-hearted prosecutor who fights for justice. Nicknamed Bulldog, she only works for her own righteousness and follows no line of authority. Her curiosity is aroused by the idea of a taxi company that handles the crimes the law and police cannot solve. She starts to investigate as much as she can about Rainbow Taxi.

Spoiler

Characters-of-the-Rainbow-Taxi-Crew-in-T

CEO Jang Sung Chol (played by Kim Eui Sung) is the owner of the Rainbow Taxi company and CEO of the Bluebird Foundation which helps victims of crimes. He grew up rich as the son of a wealthy taxi company owner, but his life was devastated when his family was murdered by a serial killer. Through that ordeal, he witnessed several dark holes in the law that protect criminals. He decided to create the Bluebird Foundation to help victims and opened a special department in his family’s taxi company to punish people who commit crimes in the shadow of the law. So, he is basically like Batman, though perhaps acts more like Bruce Wayne.

Spoiler

Pyo-Ye-Jin-in-Taxi-Driver-on-KOCOWA.jpg?

Ahn Go Eun (played by Pyo Ye Jin) is an accountant at Rainbow Taxi by day, and hacker by night. She has no filter between her brain and her tongue, which does rub some people the wrong way. But, she is a sweetheart deep down inside. You can tell by the lollipop she always has with her and the wink that lives on her face. I adore Pyo Ye Jin and cannot wait to see her as a cute hacker with a sweet tooth. Hey, you have to keep your blood sugar up for all that late-night hacking. right?

Manager Choi Kyung Koo (played by Jang Hyuk Jin) is a mechanic that used to be a head research engineer in the car development industry. He left that life to fix cars at Rainbow Taxi. Though a mechanic by day, he is also radio backup for Do Ki at night. Keeping with the Batman theme, I am immediately picturing him as an Alfred-like person who gives Do Ki directions to his next target.

Manager Park Jin Un (played by Bae Yoo Ram) is a quiet, pleasant mechanic at Rainbow Taxi. Though don’t let that fool you, because he is the real tinkering brains behind the scenes. Originally an airplane engineer, he now uses his skills to transform beat-up old cars into fancy driving machines. This immediately makes me wonder if these taxis have a lot more going on under the hood than meets the eye.

I can already picture Batman and even Knight Rider vibes with this taxi crew. In fact, could this show be like if Knight Rider and Batman had a baby? A Taxi Driver baby?

THE TRAILER

Spoiler

Speaking of Knight Rider, just take a look at the trailers for “Taxi Driver” and tell me you don’t get a cool, crisp Knight Rider vibe. The fancy black car, the driving moves, the man taking it upon himself to defend the weak from a plague of crime and corruption… it is all there, y’all. 

I love how, in the trailer, we see Do Ki being recruited by CEO Jang and introduced to the Deluxe arm of the Rainbow Taxi Company. There is an underground garage, a team of quirky heroes for us to fall in love with, and, of course, stellar driving.

In fact, it might be fun to tune in just to see how tight of a burned-out turning radius they can get. Reverse Driving? Drifting? Lee Je Hoon at the wheel controlling it all? Yes, please.

If you like “Driver” with Ryan Gosling, “The Fast and the Furious” franchise, or any story where the small guy takes justice into their own hands like “Lupin” on Netflix, then you should definitely check out this fast-paced drama. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1