Deluxe Taxi / Taxi Driver 모범택시 [ S1- 2021] [S2 - 2023] [S3 -TBD]

abs-oluteM

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Yeah same, child predators and sexual offenders may need to be castrated, otherwise it really feels unsafe having them out back in the communities. The only concern I have is what if it was a wrongful accusation. Once it is done, it cannot be undone.

Did you by any chance comment on an online 'news' article or something? I just read a 'news' title and summary a few hours ago on how a person got forcefully 'castrated'. Then I skimmed the comment section. Some said that he got what he deserved but there was this particular person who said what you said above... well.. not exactly the same coz this person didn't actually agree with the other commenters but based on what you said...what about if they got the wrong person!! LOL. 

• Haha 6

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

1 minute ago, SnowBlob said:

Did you by any chance comment on an online 'news' article or something? I just read a 'news' title and summary a few hours ago on how a person got forcefully 'castrated'. Then I skimmed the comment section. Some said that he got what he deserved but there was this particular person who said what you said above... well.. not exactly the same coz this person didn't actually agree with the other commenters but based on what you said...what about if they got the wrong person!! LOL. 

Lol, no it wasn't me. Why was this person castrated? Where?

• Haha 6
8 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Lol, no it wasn't me. Why was this person castrated? Where?

Did you just ask "where" this person was castrated? 🤣

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

The only concern I have is what if it was a wrongful accusation. Once it is done, it cannot be undone.

I guess it is the same with death penalty. What if you execute the person then later find out he is innocent? The risks are the same.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Haha 6

@mademoiselle 

Spoiler

mmm... if I'm not mistaken (coz I don't read the full article ... and it's 'news' outlet .. pay attention to the '...' because that outlet can be gossipy as well so not sure about the facts they presented)... in a South Asia country. I think the person tried to rape his niece ... so some men (not sure who coz again I didn't read the whole thing) .. chopped off ... the thing ... and threw it... somewhere (can't remember where).

LOL ... @Chocolate @ktcjdrama why are we comparing castration with death penalty :shocked2: I reckon ppl would PROBABLY choose castration over death penalty???? 

And... why are we even talking about this??? and here too??? :lol:

Ahh..talking about risks.. I suppose this group to Taxi vigilante also doing the same risky thing .. lucky it's only a drama so they 100% got the correct criminal .. but irl ... they might get and illegally imprison innocent people in the shady lady's jail (and then got their eyes gouged out!) yikes! 

• Haha 6

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

@Chocolate Get your mind out of the gutter, miss! :pandacop:@ktcjdrama is correct. I meant where as in the country.

@SnowBlob Is that part of the law, to castrate?

HAHAHA I don't think the criminal can choose whether he wants to be castrated or capital punishment LOL! But agree with the girls - what if the person was falsely accused and this person were given a death penalty. 

Perhaps that could be why even though the person gets a death penalty it takes many years to carry it out (or not at all). Plus after a sentence was passed down, you still can appeal. One of the articles I posted in previous page did mention the killer got a death penalty but he is still alive (and Amnesty showed there hasn't been a case of death penalty really carried out for years).

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Awesome 1
34 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Perhaps that could be why even though the person gets a death penalty it takes many years to carry it out (or not at all). Plus after a sentence was passed down, you still can appeal. One of the articles I posted in previous page did mention the killer got a death penalty but he is still alive (and Amnesty showed there hasn't been a case of death penalty really carried out for years).

I just finished watching The Good Detective. This matter is one of the main story lines there.

Given the justice system as seen in many crime investigation kdramas, which I think very similar to how it is in RL, no wonder our Rainbow crew resorted to take matters into their own hands.

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears

15 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Get your mind out of the gutter, miss! :pandacop:

Sorry out of context here, but this sentence is really cute :pandablush: I’m in love with panda emojissss! 
But I feel this sentence fits me the most when it comes to this series. I know for sure, something about this series have made my mind run into the gutter and I fear I won’t be able to step out of it unless @abs-oluteM(haven’t been visiting this thread so here I am!:pandacool:) or anyone here pulls me out of it….

Unpopular Trope:pandascared:: I really want to see Duk Ki do a collaboration with the female gangster boss…(give me a few more weeks to get her name :pandaletsgo:) I don’t know..but when FGB(Female Gangster Boss) Sort of reply to Duk ki about working together and just to say the ‘word’. Especially the pub scene:pandawhat: I fall into a “Omg, I want Duk ki to say yes” moment:pandatakeit: Cause girl got damn moneyyyyyyyyyyy:pandaevil: I’m a lost hope really. Lmao:pandasadspoon:

• Haha 4

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

“A romantic who likes flowers.”

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

11 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

You're not the only one @mademoiselle. There was a scene in an earlier episode where Do-ki and Baek Sung-mi were standing really close - I thought that was quite sexy too and wouldn't mind seeing some sparks between them.

But then Madam Baek seems to be sleeping with that old chap so ewwwww now!

Wrong person tagged 😂

I kind of don't think she is sleeping with him (sex). He was already asleep when she arrived in her sexy sleepwear.

Edit:

Lol, this Do Ki is so annoying 🤣

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 4

Hmmm  @Darkarcana considering how shady Baek is I won't want her going anywhere near this cute dorky man. SBS really has a sense of humor with all their updates...they compared him to a kiwi . LOL!

This looks like a pre-released . Can translate @stroppyse if you have time? Thanks 

@Chocolate I am certain she is his kept woman or something. Whatever it is she ensures all his needs are met in return for his influence/ power or money. She may not actually have to sleep with him , she has those girls to do that. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

A translation of the preview scene for ep 7. @abs-oluteM

KHN: Making a person confused.
KHN: Let’s talk for a bit.

KHN: You said you were in the Planning Department, right? Let’s get some information. You have 2 things to consider here. 1. You do not need to be working for a criminal. 2. You can earn some money. For a good informant, we also pay a lot of money. And, that money isn’t dirty, it’s clean. If you had not been a part of Blue Bird, I wouldn’t be speaking to you like this. I would have just arrested and jailed the entire lot of you.
KHN: It’s good to earn money. Earning a lot of money is very good. And, you seem very talented as well. However, just because you like money, there are lines you shouldn’t cross.
KDK: Lines?
KHN: Law and ethics. Also, your own conscience. There are things that money absolutely should not buy. They money that you are earning from UData is crossing that line. Do you know how many victims are suffering from the harm that company causes?
KDK: You’re something else, Detective Kang. So then can I question the source.

(flashback)
KDK: What is this?
CEO Jang: I picked up something that had been thrown away.
(end flashback)

KHN: What do you mean question the source? Are you making excuses right now?
KDK: If people like you had properly done your jobs, then I wouldn’t have to be here doing this.
KHN: Look here!
KDK: I’ll give you some advice. Throw away only trash in your trash cans, and not something sensational.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Pyo Ye Jin Breaks Down In Tears As Her Life Is Changed Forever On “Taxi Driver”

Apr 30, 2021 by E. Cha

SBS’s “Taxi Driver” has shared a heartbreaking sneak peek of its upcoming episode!

Based on the popular webtoon of the same name, “Taxi Driver” tells the story of a mysterious taxi service that delivers vengeance on behalf of victims who are unable to get justice through the law. Lee Je Hoon stars as Kim Do Gi, a former special forces officer who works as a driver for the service, while Pyo Ye Jin plays Ahn Go Eun, a tough and talented hacker who works alongside him.

Spoilers

On the latest episode of the drama, Kim Do Gi learned the shocking truth behind U Data’s Strategic Planning Office, which had previously been shrouded in mystery. Although all of U Data’s employees aspired to transfer to the seemingly elite department, it turned out that the Strategic Planning Office was hiding a dark secret: it made its profits from uploading illegally filmed footage of ordinary people.

The episode ended with another shocking revelation—U Data had posted illegally filmed footage of Ahn Go Eun’s late sister before her death. Although Rainbow Taxi CEO Jang Sung Chul (played by Kim Eui Sung) attempted to prevent Ahn Go Eun from seeing the footage, he was too late, leaving viewers wondering what the fiery hacker would do next to avenge her sister.

In newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, “Taxi Driver” flashes back to Ahn Go Eun’s past as an innocent, cheerful high school student. Dressed in her school uniform, there is an untarnished naivete in her eyes that hints at her bright personality and reveals that she has not yet suffered any grave tragedy in her young life.

However, in the next photos, Ahn Go Eun collapses to the ground as she breaks down crying, with several police officers holding her back as she sobs in despair. Faced with a shocking situation amidst a swarm of people, Ahn Go Eun seems completely devastated, as if her entire world has just been turned upside down.

Pyo-Ye-Jin-2.jpg

The producers of “Taxi Driver” remarked, “The backstory that Pyo Ye Jin has been carefully hiding in the drama will be revealed [this week].”

They also praised Pyo Ye Jin’s acting, revealing that the actress’s emotional performance had actually made the staff tear up during filming.

“Pyo Ye Jin, who had to display polar-opposite emotions, spent a lot of time discussing her character and the situation she faced with director Park Joon Woo before filming,” they shared. “As soon as she began filming, Pyo Ye Jin completely immersed herself in her character’s emotions, and she even expressed things that weren’t in the script. Her passionate acting made the staff on set tear up while watching her.”

Source

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Episode 6

-Late to add my opinions since I only just watched this episode, but thought I'd sneak it in before new eps come out! :pandahehe:

-LOL what was with those minions with traffic light coloured hair??? I don't understand if this was meant to be cool or something?! :shocked:

-LJH killed me this week with his dorky expressions as the newbie version of KDK :laugh: I feel like this series is basically how many different ways can we make LJH look like an adorable dork and then convert him back to his cool taxi driving self? :cool: Hehe, he does do comical expressions really well though - like super exaggerated, but also silly enough to make you laugh.

rbMOg0u.gif

-I can't believe the case this week was a real case @abs-oluteM ...Thanks for sharing- U-Data (and the company that inspired the on-screen story) is sooooo toxic :lettalKWA: It really scares me when I think about just how these scummy corporate people can ignore morality and empathy and treat their fellow human beings like dirt for their own sick enjoyment. I agree @Dhakra -a s much as I like the fantasy of working and living in Korea, I know it wouldn't match the reality, especially since a lot of Koreans feel a horrible pressure in the working world. I also feel that Koreans should examine their emphasis on "hierarchy" and "Seniority" because that's a big part of their bullying and workplace harassment issues - the fact that those up the top have all the say or are owed respect despite bad behaviour is what makes it hard to call out and fix these issues. But then again, as @mademoiselle pointed out, Korea is not the only place with these kinds of issues - the Japanese also have this strict sense of hierarchy. And even in the Western world, you've heard about cases where people are made to participate in toxic workplace activities. Enron and Arthur Andersson (in America) cooked their books massively. I remember studying about that in a business ethics class - They talked about a workplace culture which reminds me of U-Data in this drama - lots of partying, drugs, hookers, boys club and rewarding badly behaved employees that fit and fed the toxic culture. :shocked: Although this might only be one small solution, I like that where I am, if you study commerce or business you have to at least do one unit of Ethics or Corporate Social Responsibility. At least it starts the thinking about workplace culture early. And I feel there's a fair number of checks and balances here according to my friends who work in more corporate roles.

- I felt so sick for GE when she saw her sister's videos. This series has really highlighted just how dark humans can be. :nervous: It's disgusting that people commit such crimes and shame the victims, but what is just as bad is that there is a willing audience out there who would pay to watch this stuff :pandarage2::pandarage2::pandarage2: I think that's why KDK seeking revenge is so damn satisfying. The one beacon of light and delivery justice for all things unfair in this world.

- With that said, it seems gangster lady actually operates an organ harvesting centre....so I'm thinking that this is almost turning into fighting evil with evil. It's hard to decide what is justice. I can almost see CEO Jang believing that he's doing good by taking the bad people's organs and probably donating them to sick children and elderly people or something like that...but organ harvesting is horrifying and without consent, illegal...so it's not right, right? :thinking:

On 4/25/2021 at 4:33 PM, mademoiselle said:

Dang, no conclusion for the U-Data case this week.

I was surprised that this case this longer than the others, which seemed to finish up neatly in 2 episodes. This one has a much longer arc, but perhaps it's because it's linked to GE's personal story.

On 4/26/2021 at 4:13 PM, Chocolate said:

Haha we are opposites again! I think if there is any romance in this drama, it will be between Do-ki and Ha-na. I think Do-ki treats Go-eun like a little sister 😂

I agree with @Chocolate, @Dhakra - I feel like he views GE like a little sister/ work friend and if anything happens it would be because KDK and KHN both have firey personalities (and therefore chemistry :laugh:)

On 4/26/2021 at 10:51 PM, SnowBlob said:

If there should be any romance in this drama.. I opt for Do-Ki with the hacker! :heiboi:

I like both the female leads to be honest and even though I believe the writers are more likely to create a romance between KDK and KHN, I personally would prefer GE because a female hacker with a chill, cute personality is an ace combination :BulbaOWO::hearties:

On 4/26/2021 at 11:50 PM, ktcjdrama said:

I love KHN's reply to the interviewers. Sadly, that kind of reply was exactly what blocked her way in. I love her attitude. The part when she acknowledged that she is a rude person and left her boss' office while there was another sunbae visiting... awesome! and CEO Jang approves. 

I guess that's why CEO Jang wants to recruit her...I'm guessing it's because he doesn't have anyone in the inside from a more legal perspective 

Edited by JenL
  • Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 3

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

[OST] Pyo Ye Jin - A Walk

Very nice song... 

Translation below, from popgasa.com

Spoiler

When I’m taking a walk through the quiet night
I think of your face without fail
You’re someone I drew out by gathering the twinkling stars
Like a streetlight that fills up this narrow street with a scent
I wish I could smell this scent of azalea flowers with you
I miss you, your face that I long for
But it disappears like a drawing of water
I miss you, again today
I’m taking a walk and thinking of you again today
The air is cold around me
Making me think of you so clearly
As I try to put behind the sadly shining times
I miss you, your face that I long for
I miss you, again today
Your warm hands and that touch
Your eyes where I fit into perfectly
You didn’t expect anything back from me
And gave me love, I miss you
I miss that face
I miss you, again today
I’m taking a walk again today
I’m taking a walk again today

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears

On 4/27/2021 at 12:32 AM, mademoiselle said:

So, turns out other than the bullying episode (which we've real life celebrity cases enough to refer to) - most cases are based on real, heinous crimes.

Wow! Thanks for sharing! I'm planning on reading these, but maybe not late at night as I'll have nightmares from how horrible people can be! :lettalKWA:

On 4/27/2021 at 3:40 AM, Dhakra said:

I really don't know otherwise what role she will be playing in this drama. So far her character doesn't have a lot of depth.

I feel like her character is meant to be the chaser at the moment (ie. the real law that Rainbow Taxis is also hiding from). And she's probably going to bring balance between the inefficient legal system and vigilante system...as in, she shows the audience there's still people in the real legal world who want to help and are genuine and even if systems are bad, they will pressure people to fix them. :smile:

On 4/27/2021 at 9:09 AM, 40somethingahjumma said:

I sort of understand her passion and zeal but she almost compromised Do-ki's cover outside the Udata building. She knows what Park Yang-jin is capable of and yet why did she approach Do-ki just outside the building when one of the former employees is lying on a hospital bed?  Luckily he's quick witted. 

While I understand her role in the series, totally agree at times, she is not so wise. I'm guessing she approached him outside the building to pressure him or because she didn't know where else to find him...but it seems so obvious that the bad guy would have lots of eyes and ears around the place! :PikachuFacePalm:

On 4/28/2021 at 5:59 PM, mademoiselle said:

Yeah same, child predators and sexual offenders may need to be castrated, otherwise it really feels unsafe having them out back in the communities. The only concern I have is what if it was a wrongful accusation. Once it is done, it cannot be undone.

I agree also, but definitely always the risk that someone could be framed or evidence pointed wrongly if it was really bad time/bad place. But yeah, there's special place in hell for those who harm children. I've heard that even in prison, the ones that all the inmates will target are those that abuse or hurt children. You know your lack of morals are real bad when all the other jailbirds with horrible records are punishing you for your lack of morals :pandascared:

On 4/27/2021 at 3:58 PM, stroppyse said:

As a part of this event, we've stocked the Members Shop with a couple of badges of Lee Je Hoon as Do Ki that you can purchase with all the points you're making by posting during this event. :smile::hearties:

Thanks for the event and translations as always @stroppyse!!! :Party01:

• Like 6

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

1 hour ago, JenL said:

-I can't believe the case this week was a real case @abs-oluteM ...Thanks for sharing- U-Data (and the company that inspired the on-screen story) is sooooo toxic :lettalKWA: It really scares me when I think about just how these scummy corporate

Did I share that ? ahahah. I cannot remember. 
But from preview, this company doesn't look so easy to bring down. 

Hi @dream. Happy to see you here! LJH is just doing an awesome job on this one. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: -