Deluxe Taxi / Taxi Driver 모범택시 [ S1- 2021] [S2 - 2023] [S3 -TBD]

abs-oluteM

6 hours ago, JenL said:

Hahaha what is fashion king?! Sounds scary

A drama one should never watch. Haha!

This is the Lee Je Hoon everyone thinks of when they are watching Taxi Driver. 

1f617212dd16b8686f183ecb7ffa493633c11ae5

Credit

This is the real Lee Je Hoon when he's filming Taxi Driver. :eeeee:

The cast said that Lee Je Hoon is always acting cute on set. Haha! Here's a video of their interview (I can't remember if it's been posted). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Awesome 2

I just caught the 3rd episode. Was good. I like how the story is headed. 

CEO Jang continues to intrigue me. In the interview with the reporters at the start he talks about forgiveness and all but he did tell DK that he will never forgive anyone  (his parents died a horrible death.) . My curiosity is stoked further by his supposed "reform agenda"

Spoiler

pftbY4V.png

Plus it is interesting  that CEO Jang sent documents about the factory last week to Prosecutor Kang, and using that info she caught one of the men (the cop) involved.  Clearly, there's proper follow up whenever the Rainbow gang takes on a case. Of course, we know where these 3 are :MewGiggle::

Spoiler

LhwhyQa.png

The bullying case is not something new, and I appreciate it being highlighted in many kdramas these days. I get mad seeing the weaker students get physically injured and emotionally harassed so severely - and the worse part is that it is gang linked. And what is even sadder is that the boy actually tried reporting to the school & cops - but the authorities either brush it off or cover it up.  These bullies will receive their comeuppance tomorrow , and I cannot wait to see how dorky teacher will deliver his lesson.

Oh it looks the women here are all crushing on Do Ki. Cannot blame them since it is LJH that we're talking about here.  :pandablush:

jwwzVIK.png

LEzXrB1.png

Just wondering whether there is supposed to be a love line between the hacker girl and him.  But this scene with Gangster boss lady  though....ahahah kind of hot.

Spoiler

qfTr0gd.png

(Hmm I wonder what she means when she told her staff to get the doctor to fix the boy's face and for him to work for her....my 1st thought was like ohhh is she gonna use him as a gigolo or something :shocked2:)

I also appreciate what they did at the end of the show. It is true that you cannot use a young age as an excuse to cause harm to someone . In the light of all the bullying scandals among celebrities , this is pretty timely message.

t6aOwZD.png

zd76kWU.png

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

School bullying will always be one of those things that makes me sick to my stomach whenever it's shown in dramas/movies. I think about all the students who don't have someone willing to stand up and protect them. 

I also loved the message at the end. It doesn't matter how old you are, if you hurt another person, you should be held accountable for it -- what that looks like will depend on your age. 

Our cutie, Do Ki. Haha! 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 5

I just finished ep.3... still the same about feeling hesitant with the theme of taking revenge as the way out, but oh, those school bullies made my blood boil!! I was like screaming inside while watching: "Someone, whoever, teach these brats a lesson!!" 

The writer is good in building up each revenge case, that what the victims experienced were awful enough to drive them to seek death as way out. That made me want to keep on watching to see how they can get peace in their heart with the help from Rainbow Taxi. But I don't know, would calling it "make them pay" instead of "seek revenge" be better? Somehow I feel more okay with making them pay, instead of taking revenge on them. Yeah, it's probably just me trying to justify something that probably in essence is the same... :laugh:

I have to wonder though, did the kids outsmart our Kim Rider with the sexual harassment allegation? Although the preview shows everything to be okay, but he did seem to be surprised by the accusation... or didn't he?... haha, only faking it? 

One thing I'm really not feeling comfortable is Lady Baek. For me, she spells trouble for our Rainbow Taxi, specifically for Kim Rider and Bluebird Jang. I don't see how she will help/support them, in fact, I see her jeopardising Rainbow Taxi operation. I don't know why Jang associate himself (and his team) with her. And I also don't know why Jang would involve the prosecutor for their actual case... Isn't that the same as alerting your existence to them? Did he underestimate KHN's ability? But if he had chosen to inform her, he must've wanted a reliable prosecutor to follow up on the cases, wouldn't he? I really don't understand him... 

Btw, I just thought the entryway and exit of Kim Rider should not have been so close to the entrance of the legal regular taxi service. Really, won't just a little bit of stalking there from KHN enable her to spot the black sedan exiting and entering?

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

have to wonder though, did the kids outsmart our Kim Rider with the sexual harassment allegation? Although the preview shows everything to be okay, but he did seem to be surprised by the accusation... or didn't he?... haha, only faking it? 

Ooo yes . I think he was a little surprised - while I think they expected the bullies to do something to him , maybe he wasn’t expecting sexual allegations. 

CEO Jang’s ultimate plans & intentions are a bit of a mystery. Lady Baek - I don’t trust her but I think Jang needs the resources & services that she has . Let’s see if there’s a back story btwn them. 

I agree that eye for an eye is not something we’d probably teach our kids.  But given how broken the system is , it feels good that someone comes to their defence. It’s kind of like “don’t get mad but get even” advice I would give to people who got cheated by someone else.  :MewGiggle:

Preview . looks like one case for every 2 episodes 

• Like 6
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

Episode 3

- I feel like I like this show in a very similar way to how I liked Uncanny Counter - It's that feeling of watching justice being served by a bunch of caring, knowledgeable and powerful individuals who are righting all the wrongs in society. It's just so satisfying to watch each episode. :BulbaOWO:

- Like @abs-oluteM I'm intrigued about CEO Jang. I feel like he's a whole lot of grey so far in terms of ethics. He is very empathetic and helpful to victims and he cares deeply about helping them through their issues and stopping those who harass them. But at the same time there's this deep unforgiving rage and he has a plan/ vendetta he is carrying out. And I wonder if he'll have to sacrifice his good morals in order to carry it out? :thinking::poliWeird:

-  School bullying episode...how relevant! Also totally can see another reason why they had to replace Lee Na Eun / reshoot her scenes...couldn't have someone being accused of school bullying on the show as well! Not surprised there was such an episode since most dramas seem to feature some element of it, but this one was particularly good at highlighting not just the rotten students, but the rotten system and lack of support for victims asking for help. And really, if that has happened to kids  accusing celebrity bullies...I can see why they wanted to seek revenge now (on people like Jisoo) when they found the chance. It would have been the only chance they got in all these years! :psweatduck::letalQQ:

- The bullies in this episode were particularly horrifying when they came to the victim's house and pretty much threatened to stab his mum :lettalKWA: I felt so sorry for that kid who had already suffered all sorts of abuse. They are so evil and even dare to pick on an adult teacher who they see as having 'low status'

-Can I say I love dorky Lee Je Hoo?! Like he's sooo cool and stoic as the driver but then when he acts in his different roles as business man or teacher, he is such an adorable dork :wow: @abs-oluteM It's not just the women in the show who is crushing on him...it's meeeeee :laugh:

-I'm also not comfortable with gangster boss lady who loves money @ktcjdrama...she seems morally ambiguous and has dirt on them and could ask for more money to keep quiet. I also thought she was suggesting the young guy make back his debt money by being a giglo :shocked:

-Hahaha paying back = getting revenge is the same difference @ktcjdrama. It's an eye for eye, a tooth for a tooth...so essentially 'paying' back what is owed in terms of what was taken/given as abuse. It's definitely not always the best way to deal with crime as there's always lots of factors as to why someone does something and there's a chance that there's room for reform...but then other times there are crimes so heinous and the criminal acts so blasé and doesn't show any remorse that it makes you wish they got this type payback. I want to say things should be fair and there is a correct, standardised ethical solution to address what is wrong, but there probably isn't :idk:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 3

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

8 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

It’s kind of like “don’t get mad but get even” advice I would give to people who got cheated by someone else.  :MewGiggle:

@ktcjdrama @abs-oluteM I think this is a better way to put it. Not getting mad, getting Even! :wow2:

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 3

2 hours ago, JenL said:

@ktcjdrama @abs-oluteM I think this is a better way to put it. Not getting mad, getting Even! :wow2:

You guys realize it’s all essentially the same, right? But yeah, I like the other two better than revenge. Revenge just makes it sound we’re as bad 🤔😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Oh my Lee Je-hoon is so good in this! It's almost as if the role was made for him. Perhaps it's just how he brings his flavour to the character.

Even if the rest of the show wasn't that good I would just watch it to see him do his weekly impersonations. The dorky homeroom teacher shtick had me in stitches. The mannerisms, the little gestures and the fake laugh... that was fantastic. And then when he started blackmailing the students. Oh wow. Turning tables on the culprits and ensuring they get their comeuppance. It's the second time he's done it. I have too much fun. But poor kid, he seems to be suffering from PTSD. 

Fortunately the storytelling is good. That's how flashbacks and memory flashes should be used. Sparingly and appropriately. The pacing is good and the humour isn't excessive. Yes, there are aspects of it that remind me of the Leverage crew. The banter and the role switches... very much in that vein. So far I like everything about that show. It hits all the right notes. And apparently there's a lot more to Chairman Baek than loansharking. For her to be so respectful to the guy in the hotel, that's not only another side to her but she's involved in something big.

The director's duality is both disturbing and fascinating. He can be so affable one moment and creepy the next. Even when he's doing good deeds, I don't know if he can be trusted. As the chairman says, he's a good actor. I do wonder still if the Chief Prosecutor is in on it as well. 

The music which is very much in the style of Stewart Copeland and how it's being used really reminds me of the 80s version of The Equalizer, a show that starred Edward Woodward. It's a happy memory of my school days. But the titular equalizer, an ex-CIA agent was also something of a vigilante type who advertised his services in the classifieds and allowed people to leave messages on his answering service. If I remember correctly he was trying to atone for his checkered past but he would enlist the help of his former colleagues whenever he needed it. I think I still have the full DVD set for it.

I should also make special mention of the hacker in the team. Even though she's a support character, she really pulls her weight. I love her "high school moment" -- it was downright hilarious. It's almost as if the show knows not to take itself too seriously.

Edited by 40somethingahjumma
  • Like 3
  • Awesome 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

I waited so that I could watch episode 3-4 back to back. It was a good decision coz I get closure for the new bullying case in one sitting. CB-01.gif.af70e27de3f3f165476253f7bb111a

@abs-oluteM I like the message about bully at the end too. After finding out the gang rape case featured in Signal was real (Miryang gang rape), I was so appalled the highschool boys got away with it. Just because they are underage doesn't mean they should be free from paying for their crime.

I cannot imagine just how horrifying and traumatised the girls must have been! Also I was deeply saddened by how the law and order in South Korea was so biased, sexist and corrupted. South Korea has come a long way but women being sexually victimised are still on-going.

I cried when the boy wailed in his futon. I thought the mum is deaf but she must not have been fully deaf that she knows he's crying (or she felt it).

I'm not quite sure I was satisfied with how the bullying case was resolved though. Maybe if I could see what that bully was made to do, I'd feel a bit more at ease...? Or I wanted them to have a taste of their own medicine (i.e. being bullied/beaten). I just don't believe them being so bad to their core will reform/learn from "working" to pay money back.

With more introduction into the gangster lady in these episodes, I get the feeling that soon the Blue Bird Team will have to take her out because she's also committing crimes - prostitution and drugs.

Kang Han Na - I still don't know what to feel about her. Plus I know it's intended by the writer but plot wise I don't get why they gave her the Jeotgal case to her. Now she's onto them! But then I also feel that she might in the end help the Blue Bird Team.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 2

Episode 4

-I just watched Episode 4 and I CANNOT with LJH :laugh::laugh::laugh: He is just killing me!!!

zpP8upD.gif

- I forgot to say I laughed really hard when he asked to be changed from being a maths teacher last episode because I can relate. Would not want to teach high school maths at all :lettalKWA:

- Anything this episode was soooo good on so many levels. I feel like LJH's KDK is just everything I want in a hero. Usually vigilante hero stories seem so dark. But LJH's acting in everyone of KDK's fake revenge personas is so freaking hilarious...This teacher gag made me laugh so much especially his fake righteous, nerdy voice and his cheeky facial expressions as he twisted those bullies into knots :heiboi:  I also like how he mirrored the bully's "home visit" tactics and was laying across their bed asking for money. :laugh:

- I was confused about the actual punishment - making the bully eat pastries and get a part time job to pay for remaining?! Would that actually work. But I guess they couldn't have KDK bashing up a school kid. He did already kick him off a building :lenny: I suppose the idea is that he gave them a big scare to stop them from being jerks and made them swap schools

- Ugh the female gangster lady is trouble with a capital T. She seems to have no morals whosoever and just loves money. But by working with someone like that, it would also mean CEO Jang is turning a blind eye to their shady dealings...so regardless of all the good things he's doing, he is definitely also not being very responsible?! Though I guess he's just think that these people would be shady regardless and he's just borrowing their skills :thinking: @40somethingahjumma's description of his duality is so on point. He seems to be a person housing some polar extremes on what constitutes as serving justice and doing the right thing.

- It was really sad that he walked to see his mother right after she was murdered (the kettle was still on so the murder was fresh?! :lettalKWA:) It looked so violent, no wonder he wanted revenge. 

- Mmm, KHN is interesting. I've seen series where the characters in her position is very annoying since she's on their tail and will probably sort things out using the law, which has its issues. But so far, I don't find her too bad. She's smart and suspicious, but she hasn't pulled any really annoying moves yet. :idk: Hopefully as @mademoiselle said, she will help the gang, rather than hinder them. 

-From the trailer: it looks like next week is more LJH in glasses. Not that I'm complaining because he does cute dork very very well :BulbaOWO::heart:

Gif credits: Melody_starB

3ZEronH.gif

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

11 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

You guys realize it’s all essentially the same, right? But yeah, I like the other two better than revenge. Revenge just makes it sound we’re as bad 🤔😆

Hahaha it's true it's all the same really :laugh: But I see where you're coming from with the idea of revenge - it's like a more negative idea and full of anger? Aggression? Hatred?

I think maybe I liked the phrase 'not getting mad, but getting even' because it has connotations of 'sticking up for yourself' or being 'assertive' rather than being somewhat petty and seeking to harm/ destroy in return, which I associate more with the idea of 'revenge.' :idk:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

This drama is entertaining. Like my friend, who watches dramas simply without analysing anything, says, it's like a superhero show! 😂

They really play up the sob stories, like the scene where Jung Min's leg gets run over by the motorcycle 😲 And the way they playback the cassette tape with the victims describing their ordeal tugs at your heart.

On 4/14/2021 at 12:18 PM, SnowBlob said:

I was wondering how come she got to go out and played that video game which led her to summon Rainbow Taxi service. Also, the scene where Maria was inside that gallon filled with water... where should we fit in that scene? Coz in that scene the bad guys said that she ran away.... ran away from who? 

When she cut her wrist, they brought her to the hospital where she escaped (this is the second time). She wanted to jump off the bridge but saw the advertisement (lol, that's some strategic ad placement) of the Revenge Taxi service. She called and Kim Rider picked her up and dropped her off where the video game machine was.

pZasuLi.png

The first time she tried to escape from the factory, she ran into a policeman whom she thought would help her. But he was in cahoots with the boss and she was brought back to the factory. That was when she was put in the barrel which was filled with water.

L5UczDi.png

On 4/17/2021 at 10:16 PM, ktcjdrama said:

And I also don't know why Jang would involve the prosecutor for their actual case... Isn't that the same as alerting your existence to them? Did he underestimate KHN's ability? But if he had chosen to inform her, he must've wanted a reliable prosecutor to follow up on the cases, wouldn't he? I really don't understand him... 

I don't understand the reason too. It doesn't seem like he is very aware of the consequences - when the prosecutor told him that it looked like the bad people had been hunted, he told himself that he would need to bear that in mind for future cases.

rJ9zuCg.png

uP2o2YG.png

She's a smart girl. Sooner or later, she will realise there are too many coincidences - everything leads back to Jang. For the moment, she is just blinded by her sympathy for the loss of his parents.

Let's hope he is not going to be the bad guy. That would be such a disappointment to his team. But his eyes...

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

I think I'm glad that I binged watching the whole 4 episode in a day because I don't have to wait for the next day to see the resolution of the case. :laugh:

Glasses Lee Je Hoon reminded me of his performance in Tomorrow with You (it didn't help that the upcoming evil guy was also another actor who play in that drama and was Je Hoon enemy too LOL). He looks so cute acting like a weak teacher to make the bad teenagers looked down on him. The talked about how the students might looked down on short term teacher was also touched a little in here and it reminded me of another drama that talked about this problem (Black Dog). I think the subtle way the writers and PD to wrap the social problem is quite nice. Especially with the message at the end of drama about school bullying. It fits with the bullying case that has become a hot topic recently.

I'm suspicious with Director Jang. Why did he send those files to the prosecutor? I mean they have punished the bad guys with their own way and took away their money. Then why he reported it to the prosecutor? To make them be punished according to law? But the evidence (especially the ledger) was too perfect and complete that would arise suspicions by anyone who received it. What is his purpose? And why would he work with the scary woman by holding captive some people under another kind of prison. :thinking:

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

Revenge, getting even... whatever...

Don't feel guilty

The show is playing on our innate need to see injustice dealt with. It's somewhat manipulative in its set-up but that's clever storytelling on their part to get us onboard with the vigilante exploits. As someone has said, in all these instances, the system has led the individual down. If the team was attacking people indiscriminately or if the individual was just a whining claimant to victimhood status, I doubt we'd be so gleeful about watching this. 

Lee Je-hoon as a superhero... what's not to like. Yeah, even I have my shallow moments.

Found a clip of the old Equalizer series... audio's so-so but you'll get a sense of that similar style of music

Spoiler

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

Does anybody know what regiment of the army Ki Do was a part of? Was it something equivalent to SAS or special forces?

Just curious...

Screen Shot 2021-04-19 at 8.39.38 pm

Screen Shot 2021-04-19 at 8.38.50 pm

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1