The Veil 검은 태양 [2021]

Darkarcana

@abs-oluteMtalking about SSY omggg I want to slap her😂Annoying brat😂sorry I really don’t like her. I’m protecting my ML. *sssss* I think Ye Ji is out here to either find out what happened to her dad or she is here to be like her father. But her smoking though…she is not as innocent lol.

41 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I wonder though if her constantly telling JH to stay out of things

In the next episode a man was telling JH to not chime into this. So it definitely kind of matches there. I wonder if the guy that told JH to stop searching, whether if he is the man who was flashing the torch light at him. Or maybe it’s ssy who knows.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 3

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

“A romantic who likes flowers.”

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

@Darkarcana

I think YJ is trying to get more power to find out what happened to her father and in the process came across Agent Choi suicide and there might be other agents horrific deaths that has occurred through the years. 

• Like 3

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

Really enjoyed the last couple of episodes. Of all the K dramas that I'm watching at the moment, this is the one I'm really excited about and look forward to each weekend. I just find it well-made and it keeps you on the edge of your seat guessing about everybody's agenda. The fight scene in Episode 3 was super good and I'm not the least bit surprised by the comparisons to John Wick. But what a bloody mess. 

Namgoong Min to my mind is doing some of his best work in this drama. He's certainly made a decent career playing antiheroes and it's no different here. Of course he's far more taciturn here than he is in other dramas but he will talk when it suits him to do so. More often than not he clams up if he thinks the other party is just trying to trash talk or weedle stuff out of him.

It is too early at this stage to say who's the mole. No doubt the show is doing is best to cause confusion and throw in all kinds of red herrings. I very much doubt that Soo-yeon is the mole since the man she loved died a year ago in the China drug bust but it is interesting to note however, that just because someone does something dodgy within the organisation doesn't mean they're automatically traitors to the organization. Maybe they're frustrated with the status quo and want to shake things up. My guess about who was helping Sang-gyung would be Ji-hyuk's mentor Kang Pil-ho. That's why he mopes around, dropping hints of issues transpiring from within.

I think it's fairly obvious that the organization is riddled with problems. It's rife with internal conflict and political wrangling. That last event demonstrated how there's very little emphasis on the organization functioning as a public service but as a platform for ambitious political animals trying to upstage each other. This leads me to wonder if that's been the cause of all the fiascoes from a year ago. There's a really big pile of bodies to show for it and that just scream alarm bells. Things are very dysfunctional. I can't believe the two main divisions were fighting over who should have access over the laptop. It seems extreme that things have deteriorated to this point where a law enforcement agency has become a fertile ground for factional politics. I'm sure it's not beyond the pale.

Although Soo-yeon isn't a likeable character and seems to be irrationally taking her frustrations out on Ji-hyuk, there's no doubt that she wants to know the truth. It's easy to blame Ji-hyuk because he survived when no one else did and it's still a mystery how he survived. I think her overhearing that conversation between Ji-hyuk and Sang-gyung has changed her mind about Ji-hyuk. He might not be the enemy she thinks he is. The situation is far more complex than even she might have imagined.

Fortunately Jae-yi is more likeable and seems to be a conduit for Ji-hyuk. Her time in Intelligence and Analysis has proved to be useful. Some people have complained she's probably too cheerful for this show but I don't mind. At least she's on the same page as Ji-hyuk even if she's using him.

• Clapping Hands 4

Currently Watching: Joy of LIfe 2, The Auditors

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Namgoong Min Tries To Revive His Unconscious Partner Kim Ji Eun In “The Veil”

Oct 1, 2021 by E. Cha

Get ready for a high-speed car chase on MBC’s “The Veil”!

“The Veil” is a new blockbuster action drama starring Namgoong Min as Han Ji Hyuk, an elite field agent whose perfect record and skill at completing missions make him a legend at the NIS (National Intelligence Service). However, just when he seemed to have finally succeeded in driving an organized crime syndicate into a corner, Han Ji Hyuk suddenly vanishes off the face of the earth following a horrific accident. After losing his memories and going missing for a year, he makes a bold return to the organization to find the traitor who attempted to kill his entire team.

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “The Veil,” Han Ji Hyuk was shocked to learn that it was Seo Soo Yeon (Park Ha Sun) who received the emergency call on the day his colleagues were killed, making her a prime suspect for the mystery agent who betrayed his team.

As the plot continues to thicken, Han Ji Hyuk will find himself in another epic, life-threatening car chase on the drama’s upcoming episode. In newly released stills from the next episode of “The Veil,” two cars dangerously race in the wrong direction on the highway as one car attempts to catch up with the other.

After getting out of one of the cars, Han Ji Hyuk makes an urgent phone call to someone with a grave expression, piquing viewers’ curiosity about the high-stakes situation that will put both him and his partner at risk. One photo captures the two cars seconds before a collision with an oncoming truck, while another features the agent desperately attempting to revive his unconscious partner Yoo Je Yi (Kim Ji Eun).

Spoiler

Namgoong-Min2.jpegThe-Veil2.jpegThe-Veil-2.jpegNamgoong-Min-22.jpeg

Kim-Ji-Eun-Namgoong-Min.jpeg

The producers of “The Veil” teased, “[In the upcoming episode], there will be an unparalleled car chase scene that surpasses the chase scene from Episode 2. It will be the kind of spectacular scene that is extremely rare to see on the small screen, so you can safely look forward to it.”

The next episode of “The Veil” will air on October 1 at 9:50 p.m. KST.

Source

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

The carrr…it’s such a beautiful carrr:cry:why you got to wreck it:cry:

anyways, I love ep 5, cause now even what we are seeing may not be true. I like that we get to know more about Ji Hyuk, but it begs the question of who is his real parents. It seems that he was brought into a peaceful home only to get pulled out forcefully (tragic). So we know he do have some mental disorders, but I feel it could be very possible that he might have cleared more than his childhood memories. What happened between that 3 days?

The culprit wasn’t found either, so its even more intriguing to see what was his past and how his past shaped his future.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 3

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

I think she (Ye Ji) is just a love rival. She is the females second lead or a potential love. In fact I never expected for this drama to have any romance because it is so short just like Dark hole @abs-oluteM . Lol lol who knows. I have watched it yet. Will watch tomorrow and give my thought on both of episodes 5 &6 . 

• Like 3

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

It continues to be intriguing 😋

Spoiler

Soo Yeon

- She can't have died right?

- So her ex is Chang Chun Woo, judging from the photo of the resort in his residence and his reaction when Ji Hyuk said he shot her. But this guy apparently appears only in episodes 5 & 6 according to wikipedia? Such a waste as his character seems quite interesting.

- She was in charge of that helpline a year ago, but the informant was betrayed. Was it at Director Kang's instructions since she said she couldn't say no because she felt indebted?

- Just when her character was getting interesting, she "died". She's in the running for least screen time for a FL lol.

Director Kang

- Hmmm, he seems to have turned bad on Ji Hyuk quite suddenly.

- But when he saw Soo Yeon "faked" on screen, he seemed quite emotional. Why?

Je Yi

- Ooh la la. Just when we think there may be some romantic tension between her and Ji Hyuk, she deletes the crucial file! Didn't see that coming. Let's hope that's not the only copy.

- She was the one who told Ji Hyuk that Soo Yeon had woken. That led to him being caught at the hospital by Director Kang.

- What is she after???

Looking forward to next week!

Edited by Chocolate
  • Clapping Hands 3

Screenshot-20211004-113308-RSS-Player.jp

Screenshot-20211004-113321-RSS-Player.jp

Screenshot-20211004-113337-RSS-Player.jp

Spoiler

Screenshot-20211004-113354-RSS-Player.jp

I'm deeply intrigued by this scene. This scene is very interesting in terms of the subtext of it all. It's almost like Ji Hyuk Memories is key to everything. 

- I feel like he is saying that Ji Hyuk doesn't want to believe what he sees because of some 'truth' so he forgets it.

- I think his childhood memories still have to do with everything or at least parts of it. 

- His stepparents' death are suspicious cause no culprit was caught and it seems they were murdered but under the facade of robbery. 

- I think ji hyuk is playing fire with something he might have forgotten. I think the guy in the picture other than chum woo might be the key to Ji hyuk's memories. 

(Somehow talking to other moots on twitter, I threw in a theory. What if that guy is Ji hyuk's real father.)

10 hours ago, Chocolate said:

- Ooh la la. Just when we think there may be some romantic tension between her and Ji Hyuk, she deletes the crucial file! Didn't see that coming. Let's hope that's not the only copy.

- She was the one who told Ji Hyuk that Soo Yeon had woken. That led to him being caught at the hospital by Director Kang.

- What is she after???

I would like to think nothing will happen to him. Consider he is doing well next episode 🤣 so I think what she did is a ruse. Maybe indeed soo yeon is alive. But the police got to her first. Faked the death of soo yeon to bring ji hyuk in.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

Eps 5 

Some stuff that I thought worth looking into , my comments here are without any knowledge of what happened in eps 6 yet as I wanted to arrange my thoughts.

1. So now we see that this isn't  the 1st time that Ji Hyuk has lost his memories - he also lost his memories as a child when his parents died, and he doesn't seem to remember what happened a year ago or even now. He seems visibly shaken / surprised that he had shot SY. Of course  the CCTV footage could be have been doctored (but doesn't seem like it) . So now I am wondering if JH tends to have dissociative amnesia each time he does something that is his fault ? Is he like what @Darkarcana says avoiding the truth - the "truth" here being  that he was responsible for what happened to his parents , to his colleagues and to SY? The drama continues to push us to think that JH is an egotistical agent who tends to operate on his own terms ( not a team player) without being concerned about the safety of the others.

2.  @Chocolate agreed that just as SY is getting interesting , they "killed" her off.  But I am sure she'll be back only because Park HaSun is one of the leading characters. ( Unless she appears in flashbacks.) So I am happy that we got to understand her more in eps 5 . The colleague who gives JH intel says that she and JH are actually alike.  I don't disagree considering how on the edge and cryptic they both can be. And seems they both  like doing things their own way. Fascinating that she has dated not one but two colleagues (Kyung Seok & speculating Chang Chun Woo as well )  , and her relationship with Director Kang seems to hint at something more than just colleagues. Hmmm. 

3. Chang Chun Woo is a cameo by Jung Mung Soon who was busy shooting for Hospital Playlist S2 ( @40somethingahjumma @ktcjdrama)  so nice to see Jae Hak here in such a different role!) . It looks like he is an agent who has gone rogue. What I find interesting is that all the agents here because of the nature of the job seem to suffer internally. Both JH and SY are heavily relying on drugs , and CCW mentions he doesn't even know who he is anymore. I thought it interesting that he also thinks JH is self centered , and like SY seems to blame him for the failure of the last operations.

@UnniSaraI don't expect romance and I don't see the need for it either. Hence I was very surprised at that picture. LOL. Are you caught up yet? 

• Clapping Hands 3

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  The Judge From Hell  Sat-Sun: Love Next Door  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The First Shot

25 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Chang Chun Woo

You know he looks so similar to the other character (Ha Dong Kyun?) who is currently working for the nis & I couldn’t  recognise who is who.😂 

I think the ‘truth’ could be like himself. Maybe he will learn something about himself that he had forgotten. I think he is still a kid at that time so I don’t think he would have ruined his family(?). But I am kinda questioning why the script writes as stepparents are we supposed to think that his real parents is so somewhere or Nah. 

I also think it’s pretty off to see how his family was brutally murdered & he is alive? He is that lucky who escaped death twice huh. For me, I’m not sure about who’s the spy. But I kinda just went wild and wonder what if this whole tryna find the spy thing is just a red herring that is covering up something bigger like that S group, (don’t know spell group name). 

I figure drama name called the veil, maybe he will be unveiling something bigger. Everyone have their own motive so they look kinda suspicious anyways haha

• Like 1
  • Insightful 3

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

3 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Fascinating that she has dated not one but two colleagues (Kyung Seok & speculating Chang Chun Woo as well )  , and her relationship with Director Kang seems to hint at something more than just colleagues. Hmmm. 

@Chocolate Maybe I have got to revise my speculation - think she dated Ji Hyuk before Kyung Seok. Especially after JH subconsciously told his Je Yi he remembered the promise. There was a flashback when SY  was kissing KS , and she saw that JH saw them. She went to see him after as if she was concerned it bothered him. I know Chang CW seems very affected too but maybe because they were all from the same batch of trainees & are friends. I figured JH being the ex would add more to the plot.  And JH seems devasted when Kang told him SY died. I could be wrong but my brain went on overdrive in this episode. LOL! 

Seems like Soo Yeon worked for that newspaper too before she got to join the NIS . She had some relationship scandal and had Director Kang's helped her  to move over to work for the NIS. That is why she is indebted to him.  Kang seems genuinely sad when he saw the fake version of her on the CCTV, so I suppose he didn't want to have to do this too but looks like he is also following orders. He shot himself right?  I am keen to know why he is orchestrating all this and at whose orders. Is the NIS using these black agents ( Sangmuhoe ) to do their dirty job? 

Eps 6 was really so good and I cannot wait for eps 7. Now did Je Yi betray JH too? 

@Chocolate I watched the YT vid you posted. PHS wasn't kidding about her character having anger issues. LOL. Anyway confirmed PHS cannot be killed off so fast if she is still doing the promos for the drama. 

• Clapping Hands 2

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  The Judge From Hell  Sat-Sun: Love Next Door  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The First Shot

7 minutes ago, Darkarcana said:

>< very curious about that Scene in ep 6 though the one I said ealier @abs-oluteMidkkk it's like the subtext😭 what he mean by even 8f you forget it doesn't change the past. Wth did he doooo

Seems like CCW is saying that  he (JH) may have been somewhat responsible for the failure of the operations in Shenyang. 

-----------------------

I saw this article of the BTS where Je Yi was practising how to sew the wound, knetz commented :lenny:

https://www.wikitree.co.kr/articles/694272

On the 2nd, the making video of MBC's Friday-Saturday drama 'Black Sun' was uploaded on the YouTube channel 'MBC drama'. In the video, Yoo J-E (Kim Ji-Eun) was treated for an injured Han Ji-Hyeok (Nam Goong-Min).

Kim Ji-eun practiced sewing Namgoong-min's wounds. The production team suggested that Namgoong-min take off his top. When Namgoong-min took off his top, his completely bulked up body was revealed.

Below is YouTube "MBC drama"
Below is YouTube 'MBC drama'

img_20211004103742_f1e9f853.webp

The scene caught the attention of netizens. Netizens showed reactions such as "Your body is really crazy", "Your body is perfect", "The reward for your hard work is great", "Your body is amazing", and "I was surprised when I saw the broadcast."

• Haha 2
  • Awesome 1

1 minute ago, Darkarcana said:

Yeah but like what he dooooo...this really bothers me alot🤣 and I have to wait for like 3 weeks?! 

According to this video, they speculate that JH was the one who killed his colleagues 1 year ago because they were traitors!

@abs-oluteM I think you're right that JH was the ex. I just found a review video which is quite good! It says the shadow in that resort photo is JH. Also mentions:

• Sangmuhoe is made up of retirees from the NIS. It is NIS vs Sangmuhoe (led by Baek Mo Sa).
  • JY deleted the video from the NIS server because she cannot trust the NIS. But original file probably kept elsewhere. Doesn't mean she is betraying JH. It's just editing for a more exciting ending to the episode.
  • SY still alive but moved by Baek Mo Sa to another location. She is working for them.
  • CCW is undercover in Sangmuhoe trying to find Baek Mo Sa.

• Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 3
11 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

According to this video, they speculate that JH was the one who killed his colleagues 1 year ago because they were traitors!

It's a good one cause I remember there was a few scenes where we see a POV of someone getting shot. This is in Ji hyuk's memories. So it makes sense. Then I remember the memories ended with that same pov being shot. So I think Ji hyuk might have get shot too. 

But then why is Chum Woo so into it too though? They shouldn't be caring right? He was like warning Ji hyuk. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

Oooo @Chocolate that is one very good video. In fact I checked the channel and they did have some good reviews & theories. Now I am even more intrigued about whether she was JH's ex. LOL. So the speculation about her working for Baek Mo Sa. Why would she do that? She hates the NIS that much or she is angry and wants to get back? 

@Darkarcana okay - she's gonna come back from the dead :1000: confirmed. 

• Haha 2
  • Awesome 2