The Veil 검은 태양 [2021]

Darkarcana

I saw the preview the other day. The plot summary sounds exactly like Bourne Identity. Also, I'm wary of the headline promotion for this drama as "MBC 60th annivesary Special drama" because the last time this sort of headline appeared, it was for Sisyphus and also was aiming big and it ended up being disappointing. I can only hope it won't coz I do want to watch another good Nam Goongmin's drama (since Awaken isn't).

• Haha 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

@mademoiselle I think it should be okay , as long as it is not fantasy

( but of course you are also talking to the person who finished Awaken :lmao2:)

Character description

cr: 

Spoiler

Character chart

E7hWDbhVEAA89fO?format=jpg&name=large

@Darkarcana they released the official poster

E7hKlZWUcAclCsE?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

New poster is out, I am liking this one though. More emphasis on the korean title Black Sun

The-Veil1.jpg

I just watched the teaser (don't :KittyBan: me koongmin oppar for watching it late) . 

In Falsify, he made the character mooyoung a playful toned down chief kim . 

I watched Chief Kim first before 'Remember' and there I am astonished on how he was consistent in maintaining one character to another , considering that these two roles are poles apart. 

In Doctor Prisoner, he did not do away from the chief kim pitch but less playful and reserved. 

Here in The Veil , it screams Nam Gyu Man but without the impression of a monster but a cold ,wounded predator ready to attack. It gave me chills ! 

In Awaken--

Spoiler

깜놀 아기 도망 갑자기 놀라서 도망가는 놀람 귀여운 짤 - 짤봇

• Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

1 hour ago, joccu__ said:

this sounds interesting. Hope this pulls me off. I´m in a semi kdrama slump. I´m only watching dailies.

Oh I know how you feel . I am watching a number but some half heartedly. I think I have drama fatigue ! Lol ! 

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

• 2 weeks later...

9ef072368e1449b7b5bdb39fd39d69ae.jpeg?s=

Namgoong Min Reveals The Hardest Part Of Playing His Character In New Drama “The Veil”

Sep 5, 2021 by E. Cha

Namgoong Min has shared his thoughts on his upcoming drama “The Veil”!

“The Veil” is a new MBC blockbuster action drama starring Namgoong Min as Han Ji Hyuk, an elite field agent who is a legend at the NIS (National Intelligence Service). Due to his perfect record and skill at completing missions, Han Ji Hyuk is a top agent who is held in high esteem by his colleagues.

However, just when he seemed to have finally succeeded in driving an organized crime syndicate into a corner, Han Ji Hyuk suddenly vanishes off the face of the earth. After losing his memories and going missing for a year, he makes a bold return to the organization to find the traitor responsible for his downfall.

Explaining why he had decided to star in the drama, Namgoong Min recalled, “Just when I was thinking, ‘I wish there were a drama that could really resonate with viewers in a heavy way,’ I happened to come across ‘The Veil.’ I was captivated by the rough, unvarnished, and heavy vibe that was unique to ‘The Veil.'”

Namgoong Min also opened up about the hardest part of his role. “Han Ji Hyuk is an agent who returns to the NIS after losing his memories,” he said, “and because he needs to find the traitor through his lost memories, he’s a character who is nervous and on edge because he can’t easily trust anyone. It wasn’t easy to portray that sharp sensitivity and maintain those emotions throughout [filming].”

Namgoong-Min-2.jpg

When asked how similar his character was to his real-life personality, Namgoong Min replied, “Honestly, I don’t think we really have anything in common. If I had to go out of my way to find a similarity, it would be the way we both chase after our goals without giving up. Han Ji Hyuk puts everything on the line in order to find the traitor within his agency and races towards that goal, while Namgoong Min puts everything on the line in order to lose himself in the character of Han Ji Hyuk and portray him properly as an actor. I feel like we might be similar in that respect.”

“The Veil” premieres on September 17 at 10 p.m. KST and will be available with subtitles on Viki.

Source

“The Veil” Actors Share Their Admiration For Each Other, Discuss Their Chemistry, And More

Sep 4, 2021 by L. Kim

Namgoong MinPark Ha Sun, and Kim Ji Eun talked about working together in the upcoming MBC drama “The Veil”!

“The Veil” is a new blockbuster action drama starring Namgoong Min as Han Ji Hyuk, an elite field agent whose perfect record and skill at completing missions make him a legend at the NIS (National Intelligence Service). However, just when he seemed to have finally succeeded in driving an organized crime syndicate into a corner, Han Ji Hyuk suddenly vanishes off the face of the earth. After losing his memories and going missing for a year, he makes a bold return to the organization to find the traitor responsible for his downfall.

Park Ha Sun will take the role of Seo Soo Yeon, who is a team leader at the Crime Information Center of the National Intelligence Service. Kim Ji Eun will star as Yoo Je Yi, an elite agent who joined the NIS at the age of 20 and is held in high esteem at the agency.

Concerning his chemistry with Park Ha Sun and Kim Ji Eun, Namgoong Min commented, “Both actresses have a very deep passion for acting. First of all, actress Park Ha Sun is serious [about her acting] and deeply immerses into her character, and it was so nice and easy to act with actress Kim Ji Eun because she emphasized Yoo Je Yi’s unique liveliness and dual personality.”

Then he added, “I met actress Kim Ji Eun in the drama ‘Doctor Prisoner,’ and I thought, ‘She’s a good actress!’ I remember meeting her again at a set where I was filming a commercial, so it’s nice to work with her again in ‘The Veil.'”

namgoong-min.jpg

Park Ha Sun shared her thoughts about Namgoong Min, who gained about 10 kilograms (approximately 22 pounds) by working out, saying, “I was surprised because Namgoong Min quickly bulked up in a few weeks. He’s well-known for working hard, but through him, I realized a lot of things and learned a lot.”

Then she mentioned Kim Ji Eun and commented, “Kim Ji Eun is someone who exudes the confidence of a rookie actress. When we first filmed together, both the look in her eyes and [the way she said] her lines portrayed Yoo Je Yi, and I felt that she is an odd yet mysteriously beautiful actress. I was impressed by how she constantly thought [about her role] and the way she scolded herself. I look forward to [what she will do] in the future.”

park-ha-sun.jpg

Kim Ji Eun expressed that she was honored to work with Namgoong Min and Park Ha Sun. She said, “All I can say about Namgoong Min is that he’s really amazing. From his analysis of characters to his outward appearances, he comes to the set in the form of Han Ji Hyuk. When I ask him various questions, he listens to them carefully and generously gives me encouragement.”

Regarding her teamwork with Park Ha Sun, Kim Ji Eun explained, “When I’m nervous and struggling on the set, she pats me on the back and mouths, ‘You’re doing well.’ In addition, she listens to my concerns about acting and gives me advice from my point-of-view, so she is a senior actress with so many sides that I want to take after.”

kim-ji-eun1.jpg

“The Veil” premieres on September 17 at 10 p.m. KST and will be available with subtitles on Viki.

Source

Namgoong Min Forms A Tense Partnership With Kim Ji Eun In New Spy Drama “The Veil”

Sep 8, 2021 by E. Cha

MBC’s upcoming drama “The Veil” has shared a sneak peek of the chemistry between stars Namgoong Min and Kim Ji Eun!

“The Veil” is a new blockbuster action drama starring Namgoong Min as Han Ji Hyuk, an elite field agent whose perfect record and skill at completing missions make him a legend at the NIS (National Intelligence Service). However, he unexpectedly winds up losing his memories in a horrific accident that leaves all his teammates dead. After going missing for a year, Han Ji Hyuk makes a bold return to the organization to find the traitor who attempted to kill his entire team.

Kim Ji Eun will be starring in the drama as Yoo Je Yi, an elite agent who joined the NIS at the age of 20 and is held in high esteem at the agency. When Han Ji Hyuk returns to the NIS after a year, she teams up with him as his partner to help uncover the hidden secrets lying beneath the surface at the agency.

In newly released stills from the upcoming drama, the two partners work together as they come up with a plan to chase someone down. However, despite Yoo Je Yi’s cheerful smile, there is a strange tension in the car as Han Ji Hyuk scrutinizes her with an unreadable expression.

Namgoong-Min-Kim-Ji-Eun-2.jpgNamgoong-Min2.jpgKim-Ji-Eun2.jpg

Describing the two characters, “The Veil” writer Park Seok Ho remarked, “Han Ji Hyuk is a man who is like a sharp blade. He is a character who tailors everything in his life to his one goal—his duty—and he lives solely for that purpose. Yoo Je Yi is someone who has every kind of potential within her. She’s a character who could head in any direction, but she hasn’t decided anything yet, which makes us more curious about what choices she will make.”

Source

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2