Island 아일랜드 [2023]

7 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I really hate them doing things like that - splitting one season into 2. 

Hope this is just a trend that will die out soon. Like in the past there were many dramas separated one hour airing into 2 short episodes of 30 minutes. Don’t see the reason for that too 🙄 Glad that now they’re not doing that anymore. 

• Like 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears

@abs-oluteM You are right. S1 ends in the 6th episode. Why did I pick up on this drama so soon?! Really hate this stupid formatting.

Van is only immortal because he has demon blood in him. All the kids were subjected to demon blood but only Van and Gung Tan (Sung Joon) survived and were forced-trained to be demon slayer. Yeah you are right that when they were young, they have affection for each other and I do believe Van loves her. Maybe it was even a triangle love. I think something must have happened to Van that he ended up killing Won Jeong when he was supposed to help/protect her. Maybe he was possessed at the time. I don't think the prophecy was entirely correct.

I find it funny that he's actually annoyed Mi Ho doesn't remember him. LOL.

You're right, I also think E3-4 are better than E1-2 (too much actions, not enough interactions between characters). I still find it draggy because we kind of already wasted 4 episodes and still didn't have much progress with the "main story". I just hope there's enough time for actual story-telling, world building and character depth since there's only 12 episodes, not 16.

10 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Hope this is just a trend that will die out soon. Like in the past there were many dramas separated one hour airing into 2 short episodes of 30 minutes. Don’t see the reason for that too 🙄 Glad that now they’re not doing that anymore. 

The splitting of 1 hour drama into 30 mins was to get around commercial rules so that tv stations could squeeze more commercials in (= $$$). In the past, commercials were aired before and after the drama is airing but not during. But I noticed now they do air commercials during air time (you can see this when you watch it live) so possibly why the 30 mins format is now abolished. Either that or it's because we watched from paid streaming sites hence no CFs. If we watched from the dark side, the uploaders edited out the CFs or the videos are recorded from streaming sites.

• Like 4
44 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

But I noticed now they do air commercials during air time (you can see this when you watch it live) so possibly why the 30 mins format is now abolished.

🤔 I think even before that, commercials are sometimes within the episode as well. I remember having time to pause when doing a live recaps. But my memory may fail me 😆 whatever. I am just glad it’s not like that anymore. Besides, if they want to slip in commercials, why need to name the episode separately? Other countries (HK, TW, SG) have been just inserting ads when episode is airing. 

46 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

You're right, I also think E3-4 are better than E1-2 (too much actions, not enough interactions between characters). I still find it draggy because we kind of already wasted 4 episodes and still didn't have much progress with the "main story".

Same thought here. I almost didn’t want to continue. And even after 4 episodes, Sung Hoon’s character has appeared for less than a minute. 

• Like 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears

@ktcjdrama It was the law at the time. The law has changed and commercial breaks are now allowed.

https://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20210630001102

To be honest, I hated commercial breaks when watching drama or movies via Free On Air TV channels. I find it breaks my concentration and "feels". I also think we end up wasting and spending more time on watching TV. Hence after internet speed gotten faster, I now prefer streaming.

Yeah! Four episodes in we barely see much of Gung Tan or have any inkling idea why he's up to no good!

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • 1 month later...

“Island Part 2” has released a special poster that highlights the determination of cast, as they prepare for their final journey and which fictional character has the most interesting ability? :pandaattack:

Island-Part-2-p1.jpg

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

definitely improved. those sweeping shots of the landscape of Jeju Island are amazing. 🏝 I think Won Mi Ho needs her most powerful abilities to stay alive and save the day. on top of that, Mi Ho knew that she needed her powers back. I always have some questions that briefly come to mind.. very politely.. why Van trying his best to protect Mi Ho from lust demon? but there wasn't nearly enough of him in Part 1. they need to give him scope to show this though. whenever Van appeared, he's just to kill lust demons — I really couldn't ask for more, I believe, there is very limited character development for Van in the webtoon. I still left sobbing as the only family Yohan had is killed by his own hand. 😉 Yohan burst into tears too. 😂 I felt him. 😉 Yohan in the drama version is most similar to the webtoon character. Goong Tae has been forming his own army of people, likely possessed by lust demons or who believe in his cause and so how long is Goong Tae's unlimited plan validity? :pandablind: but at this point, I feel like I'm just going in circles with them. :pandaattack: first to two episodes of Part 2 was much better than Part 1, it seems promising, hope it will continue like this until end. this could be a good sign.

Prime Video debuted the teaser trailer for “Island Part 2”:

watch “Island Part 2” only on Prime Video, 

https://www.primevideo.com/detail/Island/0JFL0E9EN1EYHUZ5HBBSMI5RCS

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

• 2 weeks later...

[episode 11 Pre-release] forced to endure cruel conditions in “Island Part 2”  :pandaattack: |  teaser trailer • recap gifs

source:

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

202301171029300410-1.jpg

[Image source:TVing]

By Pop News

20230310000462-0.jpg

Tving's latest sci-fi action thriller has landed on Amazon Prime Video top 10 charts in at least 17 countries as of Thursday, according to the South Korean online streaming service provider run by entertainment giant CJ ENM.

Amazon Prime Video is a subscription-based video streaming service run by Amazon.

“Island” topped Amazon Prime Video’s TV charts in Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and the Philippines. It was listed among the top 10 on charts in 13 countries including Brazil.

The 12-part series, adapted from authors Youn In Wan and Yang Kyung Il’s popular webtoon series of the same title, revolves around three strangers trying to survive on Jeju Island, where evil roams free.

Singer and actor Cha Eunwoo of Astro portrays Vatican priest Yohan, while A-list actors Kim Nam gil plays a fierce, stubborn Van and Lee Da Hee takes role of a cold-hearted human weapon monk and young, rich heiress Won Mi Ho, respectively.

http://m.heraldpop.com/

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2