Island 아일랜드 [2023]

Content Writing News Culture Reporter Kwon Soo Bin.

513941-628333-717.jpg

513941-628332-716.jpg

513941-628331-715.jpg

'Island' predicted a fantastic feast of characters.

On the 15th, the character preview videos of Kim Nam Gil, Lee Da Hee and Eun Woo Cha, the main characters of 'Island', were released.

'click'

'source'

Spoiler

http://www.newsculture.press/news/articleView.html?idxno=513941

• Like 2

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

12 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Of course!! Been waiting for it. And not to mention I also need to erase Lee Da Hee’s Yeo Reum from my memory 😆

Yes... I thought only me repelled so much by Yeo Reum. I was so annoyed with the character that I decided to stopped watching. 

Looks good @abs-oluteM, the trailer is well made. The cinematographic looks great too. 

• Like 1
  • Party! 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

BF-32191323-1.jpg

TVing original series 'Island' is a fantasy action drama involving forces of good and evil, featuring actors Kim Nam Gil, Cha Eun Woo, Sung Joon and actress Lee Da Hee, set to air on TVing and Amazon Prime Video from December, 30. the main cast and director held a press conference in Seoul Hotel at Gukjegeumyung-ro, Yeongdeungpo-gu, Seoul.

BF-32191352-1.jpg

Credit=Ten Asia

Spoiler

BF-32191209-1.jpg

BF-32190994-1.jpg

BF-32191108-1.jpg

BF-32191160-1.jpg

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 2

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

Xports News

Content Writing Xports News Reporter Choi Hee Jae

mb-1671784287384069.jpgPhoto = Xports News DB

Actor Choi Tae Joon appears in the drama 'Island'.

On the 23rd, TVing original series 'Island' announced to Xports News which "Choi Tae Joon will make a special appearance." 

• Like 2

Not sure what to think of the drama yet. It feels... very much like some American films whereby all it does is making us watch the heroine run for her life being attacked by monsters. A bit like how Sweet Home is at first. I hope there is more depth in the storyline than just run, defend, kill and save the world.

@abs-oluteM You can watch this. Not scary at all. There is a very short scene of Cha Eun Woo doing exorcism but no where near as disturbing as The Guest or Exorcist (film). It passes by quick too.

The story seems to be quite simple as well with a world that used to be plagued by evil spirits/demons and to be rid of them there need a female saviour. Though Won Mi Ho (Lee Da Hae) was mostly seen chased after, screamed and ran in these episodes, the drama managed to tell us a little backstory about how her past life linked to Van (Kim Nam Gil) and Gung Tan (Sung Joon). The humans did a very selfish thing by turning child Van and Gung Tan into half human half demon and trained them to become Demon Slayer. Because Van has demon blood running in his vein, he became an immortal.

Cha Eun Woo as Giovanni has very little screen time in these two episodes. Kim Nam Gil has lots of action scenes fighting the Lust Demon and very little lines. I think the best scene would be when he visited Mi Ho in her room. The interaction has some sparks. I do like the backstory between Van and past life Mi Ho. It would be silly not to have a bit of loveline given the premise of how their characters are linked. In the end of episode 2...

Spoiler

... it hinted that Van was the one who killed the past saviour. But why... we don't get to find out yet.

It was quite easy to figure out that Gung Tan was the one releasing Lust Demon and send them to Mi Ho.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 3

@mademoiselle I feel the same way about the first two episodes but either way, I quite enjoyed it. I didn't think I would, but I'm quite curious about multiple things now. 

After Van kills the lust demons, he would visit the funeral site and add their rock to the other rock piles. Was anyone reminded of Jang Wook from Alchemy S2 watching that scene? Jang Wook did the same thing whenever he killed a soul monster (sorry, I can't remember the exact name for them). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
3 hours ago, Tofu said:

Was anyone reminded of Jang Wook from Alchemy S2 watching that scene? Jang Wook did the same thing whenever he killed a soul monster (sorry, I can't remember the exact name for them). 

Hwanhon-in. Soul shifter in English I think.

Mwo, Island is seasonal series too!!? 😱

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
20 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I honestly dislike this formatting.

Same here, I don't get it either. My BFF said that maybe it's to make sure people stay subscribed to the streaming service, but it doesn't really matter with Amazon Prime. When it renews, it renew for the year and not monthly like Netflix. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
2 hours ago, Tofu said:

Same here, I don't get it either. My BFF said that maybe it's to make sure people stay subscribed to the streaming service, but it doesn't really matter with Amazon Prime. When it renews, it renew for the year and not monthly like Netflix.

But would you be able to cancel any time you want and get a refund? If that is the case, you can still lose subscribers.

• Like 3

I need someone to tell me what is Johan's purpose in the storyline because he's more of an annoying hindrance than help in the latest episodes. I'm pretty sure he'll later become a protector of Mi Ho but how is the question because he's not strong enough to fight the lust demons.

... and I really need Mi Ho to start awakening now... otherwise at least LET her know who she really is! :PikachuFacePalm:

I like the subtle interactions (chemistry) between Van and Mi Ho. Need more of that, please.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

@mademoiselle @Tofu @ktcjdrama

I thought eps 3 and 4 were better than the 1st two. TBH my patience was tested at first as I could barely figure out the direction of the show. There was heck of a lot of running around and a brooding Van whose action scenes I could barely catch. The CGI here is not the best too. Fortunately, when the 3 finally met , the pace was better and at least the story is headed somewhere

From what I am able to understand MH who will soon be "awaken" and become Won Jeong, the "chosen One " to protect this world from  the evil spirits who are about to stage some massive "invasion". Van is a half-demon whose fate has been intertwined with Won Jeong in a previous life ( or was it lives? ) and prophecy is that he will kill her in this lifetime just as he did in the previous one. But my question is, didn't she save him when they were children? I am also getting these vibes that there was some affection or love between them ( which I think will be necessary to  anchor the story) . Also I am assuming she isn't immortal like him and has been reincarnated? 

Johan comes into the picture as the earthly guardian of Won Jeong. A gifted priest who is aware of the prophecy, and I am assuming will come between Van & MiHo/ WJ. I was quite surprised that the fighting scenes between the two took place at the end of eps 4. And Van stabbing WJ - is it to awaken her ?

Some spoilers that I saw @bluepebbles post

Apparently there was a webtoon & a novel - and so far the drama is following the novel. The storyline on the webtoon is not as good

Spoiler

So next week ep 5 & 6 is where S1 ends. Then somewhere in Feb ( someone on Twitter mentioned) S2 with the balance of the 6 episodes will air. I really hate them doing things like that - splitting one season into 2. 

Preview for eps 5

• Insightful 3
  • Shocked 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am