Love (feat. Marriage & Divorce) Season 3 결혼작사 이혼작곡 [2022]

ktcjdrama

12 hours ago, Chocolate said:

I'll just get titbits from you guys. Thank you!

Ahhh but reading and watching give totally different feels. Bingeing it with lots of fast forwarding may work too, lol.

I'm enjoying this series even as I puke all over it along the way lol:laugh: 

Also, I think the Penthouse series is better written and filmed, though both sets of cast are great! So skillfully crafted and filmed - writer and PD - that none of the cast knows what to expect of the others, as in who was who and who did what to whom, yet the output was cohesive (as far as S1 was concerned) and the shock/suspense value was high. Can't wait to  start on S2...:love:

9 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

40s to reaps the wild oats that he sowed. Among all the wifey, his is the smartest, the craftiest and the most ruthless

Do you think he sowed many wild oats? :PiplupCry: Crying for PY.

I had a feeling that Ami is his first transgression, but I may be wrong at this point since so much is still left hidden. The flashback of 10 months - a lot could have happened. So it may be true that once YS hurdled past his first hesitation on physical infidelity with Ami (though he definitely has already committed emotional infidelity many times over), he could have gone on with more conquests. Perhaps. Can't wait to find out!  

10 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Hopefully I can squeeze out an hour to watch before bed tonight.

Hope you'd be able to sleep after watching it lol. I admit it kept my mind "busy" for hours, for days, lol:yayaya:

12 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Btw, given how bad 40s man is turning out to be, does this mean he genuinely was attracted to the step-MIL as a woman and was not just dutiful son? eeeek.

Hmm... good question. I think he is a basket of confusion (due to his childhood trauma, perhaps), to put it mildly, or in a sorry and sick state of delusion. Or, at worst, he needs professional mental counseling.  

IMO, if he as a psychiatrist who supposedly is well-versed in human psychology, in their thought processes and ways to heal a mental state in disorder were to truly be in love or harbor love emotions beyond the familial kind, he needs help! Besides being unfilial to his father who clearly loves him greatly, he has transgressed beyond his marriage vows, not to mention his professional code of ethics. (Stepmom Dongmi is by far the worst character of them all, I think. Another topic, another time lol). Just an example of a flout. I could not find any SK's references, so here's one for general reference - Code of Ethics for Psychiatrists.

Spoiler

8. [Cultivation of Personal Character and Maintenance of Abilities]

Psychiatrists are always to strive to cultivate their personal character and maintain integrity...

• Clapping Hands 3

Current Faves: Undercover & Mine & Bossam (Kdramas); The Handmaid's Tale (US Drama)l  

Watching: A Good Supper, Court Lady...  Waiting: Red Sky, Love (Season 2), Penthouse (Season 3)...  

2 hours ago, oppasaranghaeyo said:

I had a feeling that Ami is his first transgression, but I may be wrong at this point since so much is still left hidden.

I think Ami is his first transgression too. Seeing how often he hesitated whether or not to take the next step. But since he is a habitual liar, we cannot know for sure. Maybe he only hesitated because of the big age gap. The gift of medicine was very thoughtful, I could easily be touched as well. But the confession of Ami in the car does nothing for me. I am like rolling my eyes with what/how they addressed the feeling/issue. 

2 hours ago, oppasaranghaeyo said:

Hope you'd be able to sleep after watching it lol. I admit it kept my mind "busy" for hours, for days,

I was able to sleep immediately because I was too tired. Earlier than my usual bedtime in fact. My brain had been burning the whole day haha... 

Btw, I heard season 2 is confirmed with the drama cast 😞 The only good thing is it seems that they will just continue shooting so there will be short waiting time for next season to start. Sigh, I am in too deep to drop the drama. I kept telling myself to just stop (when Ami is on screen) but I actually can enjoy the 30s story with SW. The song at the end of episode 12 was lovely and I recognize Sung Hoon’s voice. Turned out that it is sung by him and actress of SW...! Whereas whenever that other nice song came up for 40s interaction with Ami, I lament why use such lovely song for their scenes. Made me cannot enjoy the song at all. Hahahaaa...

So would you recommend Penthouse? 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Haha 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears

On 3/1/2021 at 7:37 PM, ktcjdrama said:

But the confession of Ami in the car does nothing for me.

Haha me neither. So lame, wasn't it? And I don't think it was her first experience at "confession".

Sigh, I am in too deep to drop the drama. I kept telling myself to just stop (when Ami is on screen) but I actually can enjoy the 30s story with SW. The song at the end of episode 12 was lovely and I recognize Sung Hoon’s voice. Turned out that it is sung by him and actress of SW...!

IKR! As viewers, we have a love-hate relationshiip with this drama. Overall, it is eye-opening, to say the least.

You're not alone in being "open" to the 30s story. I am too. It's in fact the only couple that I could be "open" to having them get together eventually although I'd have preferred them to have done the right thing - as in SH getting a divorce first before getting SW pregnant.

I read the other forum and someone said she now knows what "it just happened" meant. Some C-forums have similar comments too. Isn't that mindset worrisome? (And I can't say I fared any better lol). Viewers (and womenfolk) are being "brainwashed" into accepting infidelity is just as normal as any event in our everyday mundane life. With good-looking actors and actresses portraying it, the "hate" is much harder, don't you think? And because of that, I "hate" myself too, lol, for hoping SH and SW will end up together. And I believe they will. Likely the only cheating couple that will end up together.

That ending OST by them is written very well for them and their relationship. The lyrics... very meaningful and touching. I can't stop listening to it lol.

So would you recommend Penthouse? 

Sure. If you like Agatha Christie and Alfred Hitchcock genres, you have to watch it. It's somewhat crazy, way over-the-top (almost no expenses spared in production), but so fun to watch the goings-on among the "pretty and classy" bunch while trying to figure out what's happening. It would be better to start with S1 and then on to S2.

I was drawn to it by the genre and the cast, esp. the return of Eugene and Lee Ji-ah, but ended up loving it. I still haven't had time to start watching S2, but I will find time this week. The curiosity is just "killing" me daily lol, esp. when their ratings for S2 started with a bang and have been keeping up well to date!  

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Current Faves: Undercover & Mine & Bossam (Kdramas); The Handmaid's Tale (US Drama)l  

Watching: A Good Supper, Court Lady...  Waiting: Red Sky, Love (Season 2), Penthouse (Season 3)...  

1 hour ago, oppasaranghaeyo said:

Sure. If you like Agatha Christie and Alfred Hitchcock genres, you have to watch it.

I love Agatha Christie and Alfred Hitchcock! And I have to agree the cast is awesome. Will have to make some arrangement to watch then, but only can start in April, haha...

1 hour ago, oppasaranghaeyo said:

I read the other forum and someone said she now knows what "it just happened" meant. Some C-forums have similar comments too. Isn't that mindset worrisome? (And I can't say I fared any better lol). Viewers (and womenfolk) are being "brainwashed" into accepting infidelity is just as normal as any event in our everyday mundane life.

But I really do think when the relationship is not strong at home, it is very easy for "it" to just happen. A lot of people don't plan to have affairs. It happened slowly and went unchecked because of the lack of communication and sharing and openness between the couple. In 30s case, SW actually asked SH to invite his wife along. And he immediately agreed to that, but later on thought that HR would be too busy anyway. I really think his reply was sincere though.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

11 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

A lot of people don't plan to have affairs. It happened slowly and went unchecked because of the lack of communication and sharing and openness between the couple.

That's true. SH didn't intend to cheat. Neither did any of the hubbies (or anyone, for that matter). And emotions are free-flowing and apparently unrestrainable? Besides, our eyes are not trained to look away from sights to behold either. Just the opposite, actually. 

But I still think the right thing for any married person to do is to remind oneself that one is married, and to try to work it out if the couple has issues at home. Failing which, to first get a divorce before starting or getting involved deeper. If nothing else, it bodes well for the new relationship or marriage, rather than have the "tag" or the "guilt" weigh on their character and their new union (but of course, it seems less and less of any concern since infidelity is so rampant everywhere). 

Oh well, these are thoughts from my sane mind. If I were to drink till I'm no longer of clear mind, like the 30s SH did with SW (and so did the 40s YS with Ami),  then sanity no longer has a hold. Would that be a valid or excusable pass to trespass the boundary of marriage, as SH (and YS) did?  Do we ask, did it just happen? Or was it a choice we made that led to it? 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, oppasaranghaeyo said:

Would that be a valid or excusable pass to trespass the boundary of marriage, as SH (and YS) did?  Do we ask, did it just happen? Or was it a choice we made that led to it? 

For me yes, it was still a choice made. A poor choice for allowing themselves in a situation when things could happen. Sort of like, you play with fire, you get burned. And you’re right that people need to remind themselves that they’re already married. Since I got married, I limit my interaction with other males especially if just the two of us. Unless it’s absolutely necessary for work matters, I would not go out alone with another male. Even if I did, I would tell my husband who where when why. It wasn’t easy because I used to have more male friends than females. 

Back to drama, SH and YS should not have chosen to drink, with potential of getting drunk, with another woman. The rule of thumb is avoid putting yourself in such situation. It’s a scary world out there. I know of a place where prostitution is so rampant that even while you’re in a big hotel, the girls come knocking on your door offering themselves. I had clients staying there for weeks until their housing arrangement was finalized. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

MTDzeiV.gif

9 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Sort of like, you play with fire, you get burned.

Exactly. Well-said!

people need to remind themselves that they’re already married. Since I got married, I limit my interaction with other males especially if just the two of us. Unless it’s absolutely necessary for work matters, I would not go out alone with another male. Even if I did, I would tell my husband who where when why. It wasn’t easy because I used to have more male friends than females. 

:love:Awesome! I do and did, too. I loved to hang out with the "boys" and be like a "brother" lol. I guess all of us have to grow up someday, and be more responsible in our behavior. If not today, then hopefully it's someday... And hopefully, that someday wouldn't be too little too late... 

I wish writers would come up with dramas that expound on this mindset that you've stated so well above. Perhaps not as titillating to watch, though it can still be crafted to attract eyeballs. 

SH and YS should not have chosen to drink, with potential of getting drunk, with another woman. The rule of thumb is avoid putting yourself in such situation.

Exactly! Drinking is fine. Almost everything is fine in moderation. But (self) discipline is a big problem, esp. when being urged to drink more and more, or the temptation being too strong to really stop before one gets drunk.

I know of a place where prostitution is so rampant that even while you’re in a big hotel, the girls come knocking on your door offering themselves. I had clients staying there for weeks until their housing arrangement was finalized. 

Wah! That's so scary. I thought big 5-star hotels have good security and strict rules against such practices. 

Back to SH and SW, I feel badly for SW and I can't wait to find out her backstory and how they ended up in the current state of affair, pun intended. I can't see SW walking into this firepit sanely and thoughtfully. She has such wise words for SH (and for any married couples).

GIF-ep12-songyuangoodadviceremarriage.gif

ep12loveyourwife.png

On the other hand, I am biasedly and probably insanely rooting for SW (esp. the actress) to be happy with SH, lol. I think her real life backstory played a big part in my biased views regarding the 30s couple. Ottoke?:nervous:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I am all caught up !!! Yay. Why am I watching so many dramas . :shocked:

I kept asking myself what were the  intentions of the writer in eps 11 & 12 , showing us how they fell for their mistresses. Are they saying that these affairs were unintended ? Because it seems to start off innocently enough . None of them started for physical reasons - lust wasn’t actually the catalyst. It really goes to show many affairs do start off on an emotional level for the transgressors . Funnily all these women knew the men were married. I don’t know if things just happens when it comes to affairs but I do think that people tend to be caught up in the excitement of getting to know someone new & having that person fill the void they may not know they had. Having said that though, all the husbands here made a conscious choice to spend time with these women . 

-//-

Preview eps 14

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

On 3/6/2021 at 11:59 PM, abs-oluteM said:

I kept asking myself what were the  intentions of the writer in eps 11 & 12 , showing us how they fell for their mistresses. Are they saying that these affairs were unintended ? Because it seems to start off innocently enough . None of them started for physical reasons - lust wasn’t actually the catalyst. It really goes to show many affairs do start off on an emotional level for the transgressors . Funnily all these women knew the men were married. I don’t know if things just happens when it comes to affairs but I do think that people tend to be caught up in the excitement of getting to know someone new & having that person fill the void they may not know they had. Having said that though, all the husbands here made a conscious choice to spend time with these women . 

Affair is a sneaky thing and most started without any party has an intention to cheats. I am sure no one enter into a marriage institution to have side chick or side hunk in mind. Just like the singular can develop feelings toward each other because of the enormous amount of time and feeling they share together, the plural aren't immune to that kind of attraction too if they let themselves into many compromise situations. The lesson is in order to avoid cheating on your respective spouse, avoid unnecessary friendship with opposite sex and don't put yourself in a compromise situation. Whatever dissatisfaction you has with your spouse, communication is the key but first of all choose your spouse wisely and don't ignores the red flags but let China has all the red flags.

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
On 3/6/2021 at 9:59 AM, abs-oluteM said:

I am all caught up !!! Yay. Why am I watching so many dramas . :shocked:

Yay! :Party02: Be prepared for even more to come. Good ones at that. Haha. 

15 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I need more time !  

IKR! Me too. So many dramas to watch but... 

15 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

I will watch tomorrow

I will also try to watch tomorrow. Look forward to your thoughts. I know I will be more mad than I already am lol.

• Haha 4

Nothing much happened in 13-14. Same old same old.

We see more how 30s hubs fell in love with mistress and out of love with wifey. This, it’s difficult for me to side though. I could totally see why he just strayed further. But cheating is still wrong. He should’ve gotten that divorce first. 

As for 50s hubs, we also see how he is smitten by this actress. He has no reason to have his eyes wandering though, imo. Of course at the end of the day, we can never justify the reason to cheat. But sorry, for me he is an ungrateful person. Whatever the daughter said of him still stands. 
40s cheating couple, only one word from me: “blaargh” 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

MTDzeiV.gif

@ktcjdrama

I haven’t watched the latest episodes but since the beginning I can totally see why 30s strayed. Like my comment above about choosing your spouse wisely before married, 30s is a childish spoiled brat who doesn’t really knows what he really wants and needs.  He attracted to wifey because she looked great in a bell bottom trouser while drumming....He fell for mistress because she has great behind. He falls in and out of love for a superficial reason as fast as one blinks. When the illusion wore off and he is brought down to reality instead of dealing with the consequences of his decision, he chooses the cowardly ways.

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • 4 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Errrrr anyone wants to share what happened at the end? Or was it too traumatic? 😂

Where did you stop at? I didn’t really watch the last 4 episodes properly. Only skimming through. Enough to know what’s going on. Not gonna sit through lovey dovey cheating scenes. What/who do you want to know about?  

• Haha 3

MTDzeiV.gif

23 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

@ktcjdrama I only watched 2 episodes and read the summary on how they met the mistresses. Just curious to know the status of the 3 couples at the end of the season 😊

Since the season ended still in flashback, not much news about the 3 married couples other than what we've known before going into the flashback of 10 months ago. Really, the remaining episodes are mostly about how the cheating couples met and how their feelings towards each other developed, that the husbands had to cheat on the wives. Please note that all the mistresses are well aware the men they're seeing are married men. Some cheating couples even had romantic BGM as they interacted with each other *rolleyes

The shocker cliffhanger/twist the season ends with is that 

Spoiler

Oriental Doctor is the father of Ami, the mistress of 40s husband. 

40s husband is well acquainted with Oriental Doctor because of equestrian hobby and the three of them have actually met there and 40s husband introduced Ami as a cousin from the States to him.

• Thanks 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

On 3/8/2021 at 12:52 AM, oppasaranghaeyo said:

I know I will be more mad than I already am lol.

:smug:Surprises myself with this "prediction". I was so "madly disturbed" that I was in denial for a while. Not denial of the affairs. Those are obvious and should not be condoned. Just denial of the drama's plot progression that's still stuck in the past. 

On 4/5/2021 at 10:41 PM, Chocolate said:

Or was it too traumatic? 😂

Haha, to my surprise, it was worse than I thought it would be. Finallty sat through it all without fwdg any bit. As morbid as it may sound, as "painful yet enlightening" as it was to watch all 3 adulterous couples' backstories, or some would say, sadistic pleasure haha, I actually enjoyed S1, and am looking forward to S2.

Gone bonkers? Perhaps. Sometimes "pain" is a good reliever of stress/boredom/lockdown fiasco, etc. :laugh:

On 4/5/2021 at 11:31 PM, Chocolate said:

Just curious to know the status of the 3 couples at the end of the season 😊

Be back later for a lil fun recap of random thoughts.

On 4/6/2021 at 7:00 PM, abs-oluteM said:

since they are planning S2 , no resolutions yet .

Haha, best resolution yet. Writernim ran out of juice for her plot, so had to throw in another season to stretch her wild imagination, and ours/viewers, further. lol.

Chingudeul...159-1596500-grouphug-sticker-smiley-group-hug.png

• Haha 3

On 4/18/2021 at 1:34 PM, ktcjdrama said:

New teaser guys... for Season 2.

Thanks for the teaser. It's released earlier than I thought it would be! It looks like "all hell will be breaking lose" lol.

About time for each respective shoe to drop! Looking forward to June, more than ever.:love:

On 4/18/2021 at 11:22 PM, abs-oluteM said:

It was torture watching the mistresses & the cheating men have their story told to us in slo mo. 

Haha. Yet such a "joy" to watch lol:laugh:

• Haha 3

• 4 weeks later...