Yumi's Cells 유미의 세포들 Season 1 [2021] + Season 2 [2022]

Jane

Aww.. I love this show! At first I was trying to watch, just watch cuz I have no more dramas to watch again, pre empted for some last week. Now I'm officially sold to this! Woong and Yumi are just sweet couple! Thanks to Wook for being their cupid. 

The cells inside, they becomes much more fun each episodes! I laughed a lot because of YM's sexy cell. He even didn't wear pants!! And love cells has to take him fly away to make YM stay in control. She hits his bottom like a kid :laugh:

ooohh @abs-oluteM did you watch this episode? They have something for you. Hahahaha

Love always has its hardship. Before it was Ruby, and this time they have SY. I think I hate SY more thsn Ruby. She keeps trying to discourage Woong that YM didn't liie him. I'm glad that Woong isn't that dull-witted to see her motives. All those cells are working their best to protect Woong from her attacks. Lols. I really enjoyed watching them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
7 hours ago, Mouse said:

Whoever is writing these cells is genius!

Agreed!!! 

In my case, I wasnt into this when I first watching, but those cells story attracted me more. Now I am tempted to read the original work. But I dont expect to be spoiled by the story. Hmm... 

5 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I also thought it was fast but did you guys notice every 1 hour episode we watch there were mini episode numbers being counted, so 12 being the mini episodes or the 1 hour episodes?

I saw it since first episode. I was a bit confused with these mini episodes. I thought it obly has 14 episodes and thought that they aired in parts lije other web drama. But probably it is just the style of its editing. It is 1 hour episode. Now we have got 4 in total. 

5 hours ago, mademoiselle said:
13 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I know later there will be a Yoo Ba Bi appearing as Yumi’s ex boyfriend? 

Jin Young plays Ba Bi but he's not ex. He is Yumi second boyfriend in season 2!

Who is this YBB. Well his names sounds not too good in my language Ba Bi means pig here. Lols

How come someone was ever named with this one. So yoo ba bi will be like you pig in my ear, very disturbing. :lmao2:

• Haha 5
1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

Come again? You mean she’s going to break up with Woong and be with Ba Bi?? So it’s not one OTP for the series?? 😱 Can my heart take it? Even though I love Jin Young...

Wait wait.. i dont get this, please someone can clarify this, it was not easy for me to like woong with yumi, now I like them a lot you tell me they would break up, she will have new pair?? Who is this Jin Young ypu all been saying?? I know two Jin Young, one in Police University and the other is in DJ. 

• Haha 5

@ktcjdrama @Alice Wonderland Yep, this Jin Young ~ ♥

E_2JdZiUYAEg_rk?format=jpg&name=900x900

There appears to be 2 seasons, Jin Young will be from season 2, airing early 2022. He's supposedly Yumi's second boyfriend, a colleague from her company.

News link: https://www.soompi.com/article/1480290wpp/got7s-jinyoung-confirmed-to-join-kim-go-eun-ahn-bo-hyun-and-more-in-new-drama

@Alice Wonderland LOL, I know it's funny but it's because his name is Bobby Yoo (Yoo Ba Bi). xD

47 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

I saw it since first episode. I was a bit confused with these mini episodes. I thought it obly has 14 episodes and thought that they aired in parts lije other web drama. But probably it is just the style of its editing. It is 1 hour episode. Now we have got 4 in total.

I'm confused too. This is how NamuWiki counts it. If this is correct then next week will be finished. :psweatduck:

Screenshot-2021-09-26-at-16-09-40.png

• Like 6

@mademoiselle So fast!!! So it actually has 6 eps as 1 hr episodes, 14 in total. Then we have to wait till next year??? What the heck???

Ah, that JY. I like him. But what happened to woong then?? Based on that article, it seems he would be this typical second male lead which comes between the OTP. I like JY tho. So I will enjoy the love triangle later.

If it's Bobby, they should go with bo bi instead of ba bi, well, this is only me since it means kinda tabboo to call people with pig here. Lols

• Haha 6

@Alice Wonderland I think it's because the pronunciation of Bobby is "Bob-by" which sounds like "Ba Bi".

I'm also confused too about Jin Young's role. Maybe, perhaps, the drama version is not going to follow the webtoon? But it would be an issue with Sae Yi always around Woong. She obviously likes him but I don't understand why she keeps acting like she didn't care.

What's with the Bear mode too. It's like Woong knows she's hitting on him. Did he used to like her as well. This relationship is a bit blurry and definitely not something Yumi would like.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 5

This is from iQiyi 

Description:"Yumi’s Cells” is South Korea’s first drama combining animation and live-action, adapted from the popular Korean webtoon of the same name, “Yumi’s Cells”. Kim Go-eun (Guardian: The Lonely and Great God) plays the female lead, Yu-mi, an ordinary female worker who is not good at expressing her feelings. Ahn Bo-hyun (Itaewon Class) plays the male lead Koo Woong, Lee Yu-bi plays Yu-mi’s colleague Ruby, and GOT7 member Park Jin-young plays Yoo Ba-bi. Also, SHINee member Minho will also be making a special appearance. 31-year-old Yu-mi is an ordinary girl who lives in Seoul and works at a noodle company as an accountant. Her life is very dull and uneventful. However, Koo Woong barges into Yu-mi’s peaceful world and messes up the “cell town” in her body. Koo Woong, who is a nerdy game developer, appears to be a big introvert who is calm in everything he does. But in reality, he is surprisingly an innocent pretty boy. Yu-mi finds herself greatly attracted to Koo Woong’s innocence and humor. The two’s “love cells” open up to each other, marking the start of a sweet love story. “Yumi’s Cells” is a collaboration between the director of “Familiar Wife” and “A Piece of Your Mind”, Lee Sang Yeob, and the screenwriter of “W: Two Worlds” and “Memories of the Alhambra”, Song Jae Jung, and the screenwriter of “Find Me in Your Memory”, Kim Yoon Joo. “Yumi’s Cells” revolves around the development of the female lead Yu-mi’s life in the city. Through the perspective of the cells in Yu-mi’s brain, the story depicts the careers, romance, and dreams of ordinary workers in their 30s, something everyone in the city can resonate with.

• Like 5

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears

42 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

She obviously likes him but I don't understand why she keeps acting like she didn't care.

Deep down her heart, she prefers to be single and career is her ambition. But if she really has to get married, Woong is the person she will pick. I think they have this so-called platonic love. 

42 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

What's with the Bear mode too. It's like Woong knows she's hitting on him. Did he used to like her as well. This relationship is a bit blurry and definitely not something Yumi would like.

Probably Woong ever had a crush on her but she dismissed him with their friendzone mode. SY is just being selfish. Nothing else as her reason. Of course YM won't like it. And I think it will be a crack in their green relationship. And that would be the path to handsome Jin Young entering the next scenes 😂. Filling Woong's place as YM's second boyfriend. Tho, I'm not sure wether a boyfriend here means just a male friend or a man that you loved. I guess it is the first.

24 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

“A Piece of Your Mind”, Lee Sang Yeob, and the screenwriter of “W: Two Worlds” and “Memories of the Alhambra”, Song Jae Jung, and the screenwriter of “Find Me in Your Memory”,

Oh no!! These are the list of dramas that I dropped. Lols. But the screenwriter is adapting from the orignal work, the webtoon right. Or they plan to create new story while just tagging it as Yumi's Cell from the webtoon? They dont need to go exactly the same but at least they also shouldn't deviate it too far from its root storyline. I havent read the webtoon yet but so far the story is pretty good and solid. 

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
41 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@Alice Wonderland From Wikipedia and @SilverMoonTea who is reading the webtoon confirmed Bobby is her second boyfriend. Tea said Woong doesn't want to get married (this matches with Sae Yi, maybe they will get together - in the webtoon). Tea, can you shed more light?

I also haven't finished the webtoon, this from Yumi's Cell Wikipedia : (SPOILER) 

Initially, she didn't see herself with Woong, but after the hospital trip they officially begin dating. But after a while, she broke up with Woong because of his "no interest in marriage". They dated for 1 year 4 months and 1 day.

During the same time, Yumi met Babi Yoo. After her breakup with Woong she found herself having feelings for Babi. She saw that he was single after wearing a couple's ring for so long, but was worried that if she confessed people would think Babi made her break up with Woong. She was also worried about how Eda would feel as she also had a crush on him. Finally she confessed and the two started dating. Due to some problems, Babi and Yumi, after dating for 1 year 11 months and 2 days, breakup.

Yumi decides to focus more on her writing career and meets with Control Z. Woong, who also works with Control Z, reunites with Yumi after a long time and decides to try and pursue her again. Yumi isn't looking for a relationship at the moment though, but Babi comes back to her and says he wants to try things again. Yumi ends up agreeing to start dating once more, albeit hesitantly. She realizes she is not in love with Babi and breaks up with him for good.

The novel that Yumi had sent to a contest caught the eyes of Daeyong Ahn, who saw potential in her work. She was appointed Soonrok Shin as her editor. Yumi didn't mean to but she found herself with a crush on Soonrok. Eventually Yumi and Soonrok began dating in secret because they are coworkers.

Into the future, Yumi and Soonrok get married, and Yumi becomes a famous romance novelist

Source

https://yumis-cells.fandom.com/wiki/Yumi_Kim

I think we need to watch this with open mind, and bring our inner harem out 😆 The ending even with another new guy. But perhaps drama will make it back to Woong? I have watched drama which not end exactly same as the webtoon anyway, so anything can possibly happen. @mademoiselle @ktcjdrama@Alice Wonderland

• Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 3
  • Shocked 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

16 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Into the future, Yumi and Soonrok get married, and Yumi becomes a famous romance novelist

Well, okay, this is really very unconventional. I was speechless after reading the spoiler. So you r right. I have to be open minded. This is complicated but think it as simple thing. Actually my emotion and brain cell are arguing each other inside me. What's wrong with the story, huh??? 

Btw who will play soonrok, Im okay if YM ends up with dofferent guy in the end, but they must pick some actor that is equally handsome as her ex ya, 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 5

I still think somehow it will be just Woong... The posters are of the two of them together, the promotional shoots are also of the two of them. Maybe YBB will appear as just someone to shake up the relationship? I don't know... 

1 hour ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I think we need to watch this with open mind, and bring our inner harem out

LOL... I didn't watch The Sword and The Brocade, so I will definitely need more training time...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears

I began to search the oversized shirt Woong gave to Yumi, the one with gaeguli on the chest. Anyone know where to buy, lols

2 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

LOL... I didn't watch The Sword and The Brocade, so I will definitely need more training time...

Then I remind you to fill up your patience stock as much as possible, if you lose it you cant bear it. :laugh:

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Wook character intro

He has long hair, going to his chin. He later shaves his beard, and varies hairstyles in some episodes. He also cuts his hair short after breaking up with Yumi. He grows it out again afterward.

https://yumis-cells.fandom.com/wiki/Woong_Ku

So how ah @mademoisellelols 😆😅 Need break up first apparently. On that introduction the breakup reason seems different. 

@ktcjdrama@Alice WonderlandThat gaeguli shirt exactly same in manhwa. 

download-90.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Thank you everyone for thinking about me during the abs scenes....okay so tell me how many episodes they have in this show? One season? 

I also think of you. Everytime drama has abs moment actually 😆 But I saw everyone already tagging you lols. The drama total 14 episodes, but not sure if any change. 

Harem drama is confusing, I also don't know who to root for. If Babi played by Jinyoung, there is chance I also will have change a heart 😅 Actually maybe this drama suitable for confuse person like me 😂 Let's see. 

• Haha 5

I’m shocked to find out that Yumi actually dates 3 guys in the webtoon. I suppose it’s really more about her growth as she deals with each relationship. I have to admit I’m sad to hear she doesn’t end up with Wong bec I find him adorable. I guess we’ll have to wait and see how it will pan out. I’m curious as to how close it will follow the webtoon. 

This is giving me Love Alarm vibes all over again. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump