Yumi's Cells 유미의 세포들 Season 1 [2021] + Season 2 [2022]

Jane

Ottoke ottoke.... my heart’s resolve is shaken... I think Bobby might not be a bad choice after all for Yumi. He seems to be more put together as a person. And of course it doesn’t help when the role is acted by Jin Young. Now I won’t mind if Yumi ended up with Bobby. Those who have read the webtoon, does Bobby have a girlfriend when he came into the story? I am curious to know how much is the drama still following the webtoon. 

Let’s talk about Woong first. I don’t doubt for a millisecond that he really likes Yumi and is very into her. But he is his clueless self when it comes to girls. I can understand that he’s been friends with Sae Yi for a long time, but he does need to spell it out clear to her that he is not interested and stop trying to be friendly. Most importantly he needs to be honest and open with Yumi about Sae Yi because that’s where her main insecurity in their relationship lies. These two needs to improve on their communication for their relationship to last and work! Otherwise, I really don’t mind Yumi moving onto Bobby. 

Now about Sae Yi. Gosh this girl! :pandarage2: yes, allow me to shoot her with some wrath first. I feel like hurling the hammer, measuring tape, wine glasses that she borrowed from Woong at her. What a witch!! You never treasure what you have but when someone has taken it, you’re going about the most sneakiest way around to snatch it away. At this point, I cannot think of any eviler 2FL than her. She may look harmless but she is the most venomous snake out there. I don’t blame Yumi at all for being insecure, but she does need to up her game and claim her man. Instead of being speechless most of the time when Sae Yi taunted her, she should just show more aegyo with Woong so as to send Sae Yi seething. But again, I don’t blame her for not being able to stand up against Sae Yi. That girl is a super sneaky opponent. It doesn’t help that clueless Woong is sort of “enabling” Sae Yi in her quest to separate the couple. Yumi can only do so much, Woong needs to do his part too, so I totally understand Yumi’s heart when the preview showing that she wants to bow out of their relationship and out of these two “old-friends” lives. 

Argh, I am so furious that all the cute stuff that made me laughed in this episode escape my mind for the time being. 

Having said these, I do think that Woong might still be the end game. In the library, while the little cells were listening to the story of Yumi, many times the background subtly showed the poster coupling of Yumi and Woong. I take that as a hint. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Episode 5

JH was down when I wanted to rant about this episode yesterday and then later I was going to let it go but HCCC got me all rile up again because they had a similar scene. It was the scenes where Yumi's single friend was being pushy about Yumi's love life. I hated seeing Yumi trying so hard to prove she has a boyfriend to these friends.

On other note, I was relating so much to Yumi forcing herself to walk and eat less to lose weight causing Hunger Cells being so upset. My Hunger Cell is also wailing. Ugh, covid fats go away please! I also relate to how tired / unmotivated of Yumi to even put on a facial sheet mask (that's so me). Hahahaha!

In the beginning the show explained to us that everyone has a dominant cell and Yumi's is Love Cell. When she is in love, she puts the person she loves in the top 1 priority. I do think that's not the right thing to do. She herself should be Top 1 no matter what. I hope at the end of the show/webtoon, these are the experiences she went through to get there.

@ktcjdrama If I remember correctly from the summary I read, in the webtoon Bobby and his girlfriend just split up and he still has a ring on at the time of meeting Yumi. Bobby sounds awesome in the beginning but the writer killed his character later on.

---

The dark side don't have episode 8 yet! :Mimed:

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Insightful 1
26 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Bobby sounds awesome in the beginning but the writer killed his character later on.

So he is too good to be true? 
Is this drama going to have a second season? 

OST#7 ~ it’s a nice one

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@ktcjdrama Spoilers from Webtoon

https://yumis-cells.fandom.com/wiki/Babi_Yoo

Spoiler

Over time, it is established that Yumi's priorities have shifted to place her partner at the top, but Woong has never wavered in his top priority being himself, which is the deciding factor in the eventual breakup. Their relationship hits a rough patch when Woong begins having a hard time at work but refuses to confide in or rely on Yumi for anything. Sometime during this period, Yumi is reminded of her desire to get married and brings it up with Woong, but he does not share the same wish. His game studio had been unsteady and recently went under; he had been living in the office on a couch, and isn't sure if he can keep supporting himself financially without her help. His pride is the straw that breaks their relationship's back, and so when Yumi throws out a proposal to break up based on her uncertainty about their future, he agrees, thinking that would be best for the both of them. Yumi does not learn of his reasonings until later on.

Woong

Wook's best friend and gaming nerd. Before dating Yumi, he's generally nerdy and geeky, expressing a love of video games and working in the game industry. His thought process is expressed through yes/no flow charts. He begins to like her, even going as far as carrying her to a nearby hospital after she fainted and buying her new clothes. When Yumi woke up, she felt a deep appreciation for the gesture, They later break up after the topic of marriage comes up. His pride and inability to reach out to Yumi for support were underlying factors for their break up. Yumi and Woong date for 1year 4 months 1day. Woong's attempts at getting Yumi back after discovering her through buying a rice cooker and other instances all end in failure

Babi Yoo

Babi and Yumi meet at work and begin to date soon after. Since his prime cell is the detective cell, he is able to characterize her emotions and infer her interests and dislikes. He even buys a matching ring set with the intention of proposing, but they break up before he gets the chance. Their seperation is due to Babi falling for part-timer Da-eun They dated for one year, eleven months, and nine days. They get back together periodically before Yumi realizes they're better apart, and she wasn't in love.

In the future, him and Da-eun are married with a kid.

https://koreanwebtoons.fandom.com/wiki/Yumi's_Cells

• Thanks 1

Episode 6

I just realise with Jin Young now joins Yumi's Cells, it is going to be insanely hard to find stuff via hashtags on Twitter now! > <"

Good god, Jin Young looked sooooooooooo good in there! Poor Jin Young was looking like this at first in Yumi's eyes. :lmao2: 

... but when it transformed into Jin Young, it did make me go :wow2::wow: hahahahaha! Also I had a good laugh at Jin Young's cross-dressing, bwahahahaha :lmao2: Totally didn't expect that.

Spoiler

FBTjEfQVIAYMlLx?format=jpg&name=medium

Anyway, another good episode although my blood boils whenever Sae Yi appears on screen. She's such a conniving character! As for the wedding photo, ABH has a good physique, this guy looks short & tiny (suit doesn't look fitting) for being Ahn Bo Hyun isn't it?

FBRvvX5UYAETU0X?format=jpg&name=medium

@ktcjdrama The news reported this to be multiple seasons but this season, ABH is definitely the male lead.

• Like 1

@mademoiselle I already took note of the hands from the wedding picture. It's definitely not Bobby. Still trying to see if it's Woong or not. Possible, because the back of the hands look long. Now it's to check his thumb. I think it'll be hard to go by physique because it's covered by the suit. May not be Woong, coz his hand is fleshier, not as bony.

I agree, seeing JY cross-dressing was hilarious!! Not once, not twice, but three times!! :laugh:

LYCVGLu.png

Yes, Sae Yi, See You Never... Go away... Go far far away... :pandagrim:

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 1

MTDzeiV.gif

@mademoiselle about the groom... I'm now preparing myself for detachment from Woong :nervous: I think it's not him. The elbows height. Unless Yumi is wearing a super high heels, their heights difference is too much to show a same height elbows.

18 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Jin Young's cut :lmao2:

Jin Young is too manly to look pretty :laugh: 

• Haha 1

MTDzeiV.gif

@ktcjdrama I just saw this at weibo about Yumi's Cells. It's in Chinese so I put it in spoiler.

Spoiler

【1700+热帖】timeline_card_small_super_default.png韩剧柔美的细胞君超话 被提及的“小鹿”人选男演员.gif
小鹿是柔美最后的结婚对象,在公司很犀利,但在公司以外的地方是很乖的宅男。
point是:1.年下男 2.虽然是宅男但是很喜欢在家运动的大型犬
贴主从比饰演柔美的金高银“年下”的男演员中,集合了看到过提名的演员。
孔明超话timeline_card_small_super_default.png南柱赫超话timeline_card_small_super_default.png徐康俊超话timeline_card_small_super_default.png李到晛超话timeline_card_small_super_default.png蔡钟协JongHyeop超话timeline_card_small_super_default.png安孝燮超话timeline_card_small_super_default.png罗人友超话
+)编外,漫画家执笔的时候,参考了timeline_card_small_super_default.png朴宝剑超话 ,因为不能参与拍摄,因此放在编外
+这些演员个子都高

【大概翻看了下评论,孔明呼声最高的样子】

It doesn't make sense... the guy in the wedding photo doesn't suit the description of the last guy too

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Insightful 1

I am torturing myself listening to this song. I haven’t been able to find a good English translation of the lyrics, although I already know the meaning of the song. Basically the last line said “If I can make you happy, will I have another chance?”

• Like 2

MTDzeiV.gif

On 10/13/2021 at 11:13 PM, ktcjdrama said:

I am torturing myself listening to this song. I haven’t been able to find a good English translation of the lyrics, although I already know the meaning of the song. Basically the last line said “If I can make you happy, will I have another chance?”

arent they are at the crossroad of their relationship now?

• Like 2