Yumi's Cells 유미의 세포들 Season 1 [2021] + Season 2 [2022]

Jane

Casting news round-up

You better believe I screamed the house down when I saw the news of this cameo by Sangyi! ASSDHLKSJLDAJJKS I AM STILL SCREAMING. Not sure what role he will be playing but the only male roles left are Yumi's ex Wook (who makes an early-is appearance in the webtoon, and yes same name as Lee Minho's Wook) and Control Z (a later appearance, probably S2). So it shoulddd be the ex. How cute that will be for Goeun and Sangyi as university friends to act together. I am so anticipating the BTS!

I can't say much here because otherwise I will spoil it for watchers who didn't read the webtoon! However, seeing as they are announcing an S2 character, I think this means S1 could be done and they are moving on to the S2 episodes soon.

• Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 1

This so cute

This site even gave a translation of the article

https://www.breaknews.com/831545

2021090334501043.jpg

Cells came together to overcome Kim Go-eun's 'no-jam' daily life.

Teabing's original 'Yumi's Cells' (directed by Lee Sang-yeop, creator Song Jae-jeong, playwright Kim Yun-ju, Kim Kyung-ran, provided by Teabing, produced by Studio Dragon, Mary Cow, Studio N), which will be released simultaneously on TV and tvN on the 17th, will be released on the 3rd on the 3rd by Yumi (Kim Go-eun). Min) and the cells that love him day by day, the main trailer was released, raising expectations.

The released main trailer begins with the ordinary daily life of Yumi, a professional worker. During the boring company life, the only person who makes Yumi pounding is her junior Yugi (Choi Min-ho).

Yumi continues to activate the 'Western Radar' despite being absorbed in her work. I wonder if the timing is even a little bit right, so I whisper, "I think you're working overtime today too", but somehow it's not easy to reach Yugi. Lonely Yumi, who has lost all her senses and touch, is frustrated today and bangs her head on his desk.

But it's too early to be sad. Cells began to move to save Yumi, who had spent a terrible weekend for three years. The emotional cells, who had tears welling up at Yumi, who seems to be alone this weekend too, burn her will, saying, “I have to do something anyway.”

The rational cell also agrees with the emotional cell, saying, "I can't live like this forever." It stimulates curiosity about how the tearful activity of the cells who want to present romance to the lonely Yumi will unfold, and whether Yumi will be able to get closer to the rainy season.

In particular, the identity of Goo Woong (Ahn Bo-hyun) adds to the curiosity. I wonder what kind of relationship he will have with Yumi, who greets him in a blunt tone.

‘Yumi’s Cells’, produced as a season, is a cell-stimulating sympathetic romance depicting the story of an ordinary Yumi who eats, loves, and grows with cells. Director Lee Sang-yeop, who directed 'Shopping King Louis' and 'Knowing Wife', took the megaphone, and writer Song Jae-jung, with strong writing skills such as 'Memories of the Alhambra' and 'W', participated as a creator.

Writer Kim Yun-joo, who received attention for 'The Man's Memory' and 'Twenty Years Old', and rookie writer Kyung-ran Kim, work together to make drama fans flutter.

Above all, attention is drawn to the fact that it is the first Korean drama to combine live-action and 3D animation. The animation film production company LOCUS has embodied the ‘cell village’ that zoomed in on Yumi’s head with high quality, and comedian Young-mi Ahn joined as a special voice actress in the super-special voice actors who are said to be the best, raising her expectations even more.

-------------------------

Wahhh @Jane. LSY is a busy man!

• Like 2
  • Party! 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

• 2 weeks later...

Today was Yumi's Cells' Presscon! And they released a 4-min highlights reel of the show. I can't believe how true to the webtoon it is!

Subbed Ep 1 Preview

Is no one else going to watch this drama with me? :letalQQ: It's really very adorable and the webtoon story is ace! Calling chingus @LaLa @JenL @bairama @im0202 !

On 9/4/2021 at 4:49 PM, abs-oluteM said:

Wahhh @Jane. LSY is a busy man!

He is! I am so happy for him!

Edited by Jane
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 1

Hallo queen of drama dropper coming by here 😂 Tbh non of the oppas I know, but the animation looks cute, I might checking this out, no guarantee I can complete tho 😶

Edit - I watched ep 1,2 it's interesting 

3419ef0d19e54fbfac44a479b3459fe7.jpg

This is called Bethoven's hair @bairama@abs-oluteM, seems trending recently lols

@JaneWill Woong cut his hair later? And is this manhwa in harem format? Will Woong be the end game or still undecided?

• Haha 3

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

On 9/14/2021 at 6:12 PM, Jane said:

Is no one else going to watch this drama with me? :letalQQ: It's really very adorable and the webtoon story is ace! Calling chingus @LaLa @JenL @bairama @im0202 !

Haha sorry @Jane hope you're enjoying the drama! It looks so cute with the animations. I'm not huge on Kim Go Eun and don't know the male lead, but maybe I'll give it a go to see how I feel if I get some time! How have you been anyway? Hopefully well! :heart:

• Like 4

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

On 9/19/2021 at 9:53 AM, SilverMoonTea said:

This is called Bethoven's hair @bairama@abs-oluteM, seems trending recently lols

lolols, nah you know who's the #1 in my heart for that called hair :smile: BUT wow him in the press con of this drama is 100, the hairstyle is very nice on him:

E_ORt8xVQAUUTv_?format=jpg&name=medium

haven't able to try watch the drama~

• Haha 4

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

14 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

That's not Beethoven's hair. Beethoven looks like this:

Yumi's cell mentioned his hair like Beethoven lols. 

15 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@SilverMoonTea How come you want Goo Woong to cut his hair but not Jung Il Who?

Il Woo suit the theme for period drama, I think have to say some guy can sports the look, some just don't 😅😂

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Me & @mademoisellecan't wait to ✂️✂️✂️ his hair and shave his beard lols...

This is my sentiments with Lee Jae wook. I wanna give him a haircut because Rowoon is right, those bangs be long...

Or is it because I'd like to run my hands through his hair? :thinking::smug::laugh:

Sorry nothing to do with Yumi, but I just had to add to Tea's comments about haircuts :idk:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

I saw this on Viki today and plan on checking it out. I did fast forward quite a bit just to see if it's something I would like and I think I'm going to give it a try. I FF to the scene where they first meet and he's so gobsmacked that he literally could not speak. :lol:

I don't recognize the ML though...

• Like 2

spacer.pngCurrently watching: Law Cafe, Love in Contract, Mr. Bad, Cheer Up!

11 minutes ago, Mouse said:

one thing I have to say, I am not a fan of both leads' hair styles! Her's needs to be longer and his needs to be shorter! LOL

IKR! I almost just let slide this drama out. Actually the Ugi guy looks cute, so I checking this. But in the end seeing Woong blank out is just so funny. And I'm looking forward to next week episode. I even starting reading the webtoon now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1