Lunar New Year 2021

stroppyse

4 hours ago, oppasaranghaeyo said:

For me too, especially so due to "self-imposed quarantine" after one within my family circle was infected a couple of months ago and was just vaccinated a few days ago. Fingers are crossed for full recovery and full stoppage of further infection.

Oh dear, I am so sorry to hear that! Sending my best wishes that they will recover and no one else caught it.

11 hours ago, JenL said:

In Australia, we don't have public holidays for CNY, but there's often lots of festivals and stuff before the New Year. I didn't go to any this year (in fact, I'm not sure if they held them due to covid).We're technically restriction free at the moment since we've had 0 cases for a long time, but there's very few events or things to do anyway at the moment since I guess people are still reluctant to gather in crowds/ people are still working from home for the most part. 

I just remembered that I once celebrated CNY in Australia once. I was in Perth for the holidays (because my grandparents had just passed away the year before and its customary to not celebrate) and we went to Chinatown on the first day! It was the first time I had ever seen firecrackers (banned in Singapore) being let off!

I caught some clips of the Australia Open and I was pretty surprised that there's no social distancing even in the audiences and masks were not always worn! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 2/9/2021 at 4:46 PM, abs-oluteM said:

And guess who keeps it for him ? (hahaha he is too young to understand the value of money )

There will come a time when he will keep them himself and start asking where has the past years money been... 😆 my daughter been asking for her money now, when will she get them, because now she has needs to shop. I keep a record of her CNY “earnings” and told her I will pass to her later when she learns how to manage money and understands how hard it is to earn money. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears