Fall In Love With a Scientist 当爱情遇上科学家 [2021]

Eovyb-4c.jpg

Native Title: 当爱情遇上科学家

Also Known As: Dang Ai Qing Yu Shang Ke Xue , When Love Meets Science

Director: Chan Ka Lam

Genres: Comedy, Romance, Life, School

Tags: Postgraduate Student, Black Bellied Male Lead, Confused Female Lead, Scientist, Supervisor, Teacher, Web Series, Age Gap, Adapted From A Novel 

Type: Drama

Episodes: 24

Aired:

Original Network: iQiyi iQiyi

Duration: 45 min.

Yang Lan Hang is a black-bellied genius scientist, the dream boyfriend of all the girls in school. Bai Ling Ling, a confused PhD student slowly falls in love with him without realizing it.

(Source: Wikipedia)

~~ Adapted from novel 当爱情遇上科学家 by Ye Luo Wu Xin

20210216-192149.jpg

Cast:

Jasper Liu - Yang Lan Hang

pjNkrs.jpg

20210216-183741.jpg

Zhou Yu Tong - Bai Ling Ling

rXOWE-5s.jpg

20210216-183743.jpg

Spoiler

Support Role

Dai Jing Yao

20210216-183747.jpg

Cao Xi Yue 

20210216-183745.jpg

Zhang Ke 

Wang Jun 

Guest Role

Zhang Yu Jian

Pictures: 

20210216-183322.jpg

20210216-183709.jpg

20210216-183712.jpg

Spoiler

20210216-183715.jpg

• Party! 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

13 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@NiteWalkerAnything interesting/important from this greeting?

the usual greeting, wishing every 'Happy New Year' and also health and happy...... from the cast....no 'extra' **ahem** hahaha

14 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Yang Lan Hang is a black-bellied genius scientist, the dream boyfriend of all the girls in school. Bai Ling Ling, a confused PhD student slowly falls in love with him without realizing it.

hahahah i always find it funny that they choose this term for translation....i wonder is there any way to better translate it??? lols....this one seems to be a good and normal pace that i will choose though :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@NiteWalkerI also raise my eyebrows with that black bellied. Means he hold black belt degree in taekwondo right?

Btw any idea about the novels? Is there anything more than romance between scientist & the student? 

I think this drama might have potential. I have no idea who is the FL tho. And the rest of the casts too.

The most important question, when this will air.. lols

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

It just wrapped up filming so maybe the last quarter of the year or early next year? Twelve Legends finished filming in January 2020 and it has yet to air. Rumors has it that Twelve Legends will air in March/April though. 

I'm not familiar with the female lead. One of her projects is Young Blood and that was a bit popular with people. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
22 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@NiteWalkerI also raise my eyebrows with that black bellied. Means he hold black belt degree in taekwondo right?

Btw any idea about the novels? Is there anything more than romance between scientist & the student? 

I think this drama might have potential. I have no idea who is the FL tho. And the rest of the casts too.

no.....

black bellied is nothing in regards to martial art...its actually a translation from 'Fu Hei' 腹黑 where they actually like to term the guy where they are very sinister types where they will honey coat it and then u fall into their trap....

they can be a sweet term and also be a way they bully their intended too hahaha

8 minutes ago, Tofu said:

It just wrapped up filming so maybe the last quarter of the year or early next year? Twelve Legends finished filming in January 2020 and it has yet to air. Rumors has it that Twelve Legends will air in March/April though. 

I'm not familiar with the female lead. One of her projects is Young Blood and that was a bit popular with people. 

the girl is famous for 'Begin Again' with GongJun which just finish airing....

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
18 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

the girl is famous for 'Begin Again' with GongJun which just finish airing....

Ahh! Yeah, that's right! No wonder she said she doesn't want to do those kind of scenes after Begin Again. :eeeee:

That's such an interesting way of putting that. Someone might have done the literally translation and didn't provide the back story. I would have never guessed that's what they meant by "black bellied". Haha!

@SilverMoonTea - Here's a bit more information:

Fall In Love With A Scientist (当爱情遇上科学家) with Jasper Liu and Zhou Yu Tong wrapped up filming after 79 days. Adapted from the novel written by Ye Luo Wu Xin, the story follows our heroine’s confusing romance with two guys but he is really just one person. She meets him first as her online friend, supporting and developing feelings (while he’s living in the US) for a long while. Abandoning his bright future, he returns to China, hoping to finally meet her, but she has finally given up on this “online romance” thinking it’s better to live in reality. She blacklists his username in their chatroom. They meet again at a university and he’s now known as a black bellied scientist teaching as a professor, considered a dream man for all the female students. As she spends more time with her professor, learning, doing experiments, her feelings for him grow, rendering her a confused mess – does she still like her online friend? or has her love for her professor grown far more deeper? She finally meets up with her online friend and confronts her feelings for her professor. Same man. Lol. But their teacher-student relationship is frowned upon in society and she quits school, deciding to go study abroad in Japan. And it is there that they resolve all their pent-up feelings over the years.

https://www.avirtualvoyage.net/2021/01/fall-in-love-with-a-scientist-with-jasper-liu-and-zhou-yu-tong-wrapped-up-filming.html

• Haha 2

@TofuThanks for more info about the drama. As usual its quite unrealistic to have professor with such a baby face & handsome ? (Sorry for real life young handsome professor out there...😂

Probably if its well executed it can become a nice romcom drama. Hopefully it won't be too cliche as it sounds. 

@NiteWalkerany interesting takeout from this video?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@NiteWalkerany interesting takeout from this video?

nothing interesting....just a short intro to the upcoming drama starring by Zhao YuTong and Jasper Liu and also they said that there is a little similarity in between Perfect and Casual though not by much and proceeded to talk about the differences

where and how they meet online after Jasper some failed experiment?

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I just finished Begin Again with Zhou Yu Tong and I'm more excited for this pairing now. I really enjoyed her acting in Begin Again. She's also pretty playful in the BTS for that drama so I'm expecting the same interaction with Jasper too. Haha!

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hahaha at least it's falling stars and not rain up there! :laugh:

Hoping this one will be better than UFMT! :heiboi: There was nothing wrong with Jasper's last drama, but it wasn't particularly to my tastes. But I watched it all anyway :idk:

The thing I'm most curious about....when will they stop dubbing Jasper? :letalQQ:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

1 hour ago, JenL said:

The thing I'm most curious about....when will they stop dubbing Jasper? 

Heard he doing voice over himself for this drama. I quite like the FL Zhou Yutong (saw her in Dr. Qin drama), seems quite natural actress. So hopefully this drama more interesting? I'm not too fond of UFMT, as it's too sugary for me. I got diabetic by eps 10 or something and have to say bye lols.

• Haha 2

@JenL @SilverMoonTea I'm hoping that he will not be dubbed for this drama. Usually with modern dramas, it's less likely that they'll be dubbed. However, if the company plans on releasing it on TV, it'll most likely be dubbed. Sometimes they'll surprise you and dub a modern drama out of nowhere too. They did that for Patrick's drama and I was a bit sad. :letalQQ:

I also like Zhou Yutong! When this was announced, I wasn't too familiar with her. Since then, I've watched a lot of her dramas and think she's pretty awesome. 

• Sad 1
  • Party! 1