Fall In Love With a Scientist 当爱情遇上科学家 [2021]

• 3 weeks later...

I finished the first three episodes and so far, it's not bad. The drama is similar to many Chinese rom-coms -- tropes, leads are connected in some ways, etc. I find the drama to be an easy watch and the side characters are interesting. Out of the three dramas with Jasper this year, this is my favorite. The other two were not bad, but I find this one to be a bit more refreshing. I'm also a fan of Zhou Yutong too. It's interesting because she says she doesn't want to do those overly sweet scenes like she did in Begin Again but all the couple pictures so far has been a bit on the sweeter side. :laugh:

Zhou Yutong is just so pretty! :wow:

FLWS-02.gif

Jasper as an eggplant. :lmao2:

FLWS-03v2.gif

Bonus.

Spoiler

FLWS-04v2.gif

• Haha 2

@TofuThe drama actually kind of similar with Moonlight, both started as an online buddy. But here YLH already know her identity, while she's still in the dark. 

I admit I'm a bit worried with chemistry between Jasper & ZYT as I mentioned to @JenL, but seems they're doing quite well. Their first meeting is kind of bitter for her, as he pointed out problem on her thesis and she need to redo it. 

The rest of side characters, haven't grow on me (they feel like filler to me, this is common problem with C - drama anyway, so I will bear with it). 

• Like 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

10 hours ago, Tofu said:

I'm also a fan of Zhou Yutong too. It's interesting because she says she doesn't want to do those overly sweet scenes like she did in Begin Again but all the couple pictures so far has been a bit on the sweeter side. 

Bai Ling ling is cool and less soppy than the handful of other C-drama leads I've been exposed to  :wow:  I'm already liking her a lot! I've only just watched the first episode, but I like the way she was characterised. Also I'm liking that the actress herself doesn't want to do overly soppy scenes...I think I'll be a fan of hers by the time I get through this series. :yayaya:

Haha, but you're not kidding about the tropes. I feel like in most C-Dramas there's already 3-5 guys in love with the man girl in the first episode! :PikachuFacePalm: 

1 hour ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I admit I'm a bit worried with chemistry between Jasper & ZYT as I mentioned to @JenL, but seems they're doing quite well. Their first meeting is kind of bitter for her, as he pointed out problem on her thesis and she need to redo it. 

First episode didn't seem too over the top and there seems to be a bit of a mystery with why they don't just meet etc. Looking forward to the rest. I'm so happy Jasper isn't dubbed though (But was he speaking English in the first bit, because that sounded dubbed? :thinking: But aside from that!)

A few other things:

Episode 1

-I like Bai Lingling and her girly friend is pretty sweet too :heart:

-Haha, the scientist scenes in the lab with Yang Lan Han were weird? What was with their weird animated confetti gun? :laugh: But ok.

- Loving that Jasper is not dubbed!!! :CharmanderYay:

- Like @SilverMoonTea I don't hold much interest for the side characters aside from the friend. Like I didn't find the actor who plays Yang Lan Han's friend? Cousin? quite believable in his playboy role? :idk:

- That IT guy who liked her was such a creep...but luckily it looks like she'll have one bad boy second lead and Jasper as her protectors :laugh:

• Clapping Hands 2

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

@SilverMoonTea Haha, yes! It's a bit similar to Moonlight because they are both online friends. I can't remember if it told us how their relationship started. Was she interested in science? I read a few disapproving comments about what Yang Lan Hang did when she was defending her dissertation. I don't think what he did was wrong, but he could have done it differently. He could have waited until she was done before he pointed out her wrong data. I think one thing we have to remember about science is that being wrong even within a tenth of a decimal can affect what you're trying to do. 

@JenL @SilverMoonTea The side characters here are definitely more interesting than the other Jasper dramas, but I have skipped some of their scenes. Haha! I like both Yinfan and Xiao Yu but I don't care too much about the lies she's telling him about having a boyfriend. I felt bad that she thought he was Forever is for Ever and did all those things to him. Although, it was pretty funny when Yang Lan Hang came home to find him covered in trash. LOL! I am interested to see how Yinfan and Xiao Yu will get together though. For Ouyang (who is also played by the same actor as Yinfan -- have they told us what his first name is?) and Jing Jing (the third couple), I think they are more of a filler. I'm less invested in their storyline than the others. 

6 hours ago, JenL said:

-Haha, the scientist scenes in the lab with Yang Lan Han were weird? What was with their weird animated confetti gun? But ok.

OMG!! If someone played this kind of "joke" on me, I would seriously disown them and never talk to them again. That was horrible, I would have cried if I was Yang Lan Hang!! 

6 hours ago, JenL said:

- That IT guy who liked her was such a creep...but luckily it looks like she'll have one bad boy second lead and Jasper as her protectors 

He was so persistent. In episode two, we find out that someone reported him to his company so he lost his job. It doesn't say who reported it but I'm pretty sure it was Yang Lan Hang. He was there when it happened. For the second male lead, the actor who plays him has played in many dramas as second leads. I felt bad seeing him again in a second lead role, but I quickly tossed that out of the window when he punched Yang Lan Hang!! :niu:

I finished episode 8 and so far, I'm still enjoying it. Like I mentioned already, I did skipped some parts where I thought were irrelevant (mainly the side characters). I love that Lingling is really outspoken about what she wants and who she likes. I don't like it when the second lead is dragged along by the female lead. @JenL The actress who plays Lingling (Zhou Yutong) has really only played characters that are strong. I didn't know too much about her when I first heard about this drama but has since watched a lot of her dramas. This is her fourth drama released this year!

Lan Hang -- Haha! I cannot believe he is taking love advise from Yinfan out of all people! And of course, from a book too. When he called Lingling for the first time on the phone, he even wrote out a script. :laugh:

Where I'm at, Zheng Minhao (second male lead) looked through the app's data and found that the code Lan Hang signed up with belonged to Yinfan. That's why they thought Forever is for Ever is him. I think that's an invasion of privacy to look up his information, but I guess what information is really private once you open these kind of accounts? 

I have no idea how Lan Hang is going to tell Lingling that he is Forever is for Ever but I hope he does it soon. Nothing good comes out from leaving people in the dark for too long. 

• Like 1

@JenL@Tofu I found both BLL and YLH so naive lols. They can become typical victim of love scammer:lmao2: They seems invested so much feelings already, while she not even knowing his face. At least he knows her but it's only in the surface.

She seems despised him at 100%, I'm still in episode 5, poor thing YLH's good intention all taken wrongly. The misunderstanding felt being dragged a bit too long, with her friend now thinking that YLH is the playboy. 

Actually YLH himself kind of breaching the privacy of BLL? That tracker watch actually one kind of thing. I  will be very unhappy if anyone doing it to myself, but okay if the guy as cute as Jasper - forgiven 😅😆

Btw the name Forever is for Ever, they got inspiration from Allen Ren's drama, no? Haha... 

• Haha 1

@SilverMoonTea I think because it's a drama, I'm not too bothered by it. If Lingling was my friend in real life, I would have told her to move on. Haha! I also think they have been quite cautious about their friendship unlike what you normally see in real life. They've been talking to each other for six years, never once gave their phone number out or real name. I think the only reason why Lan Hang knows about Lingling was because he looked for her, right? I might have to go back and re-watch that part where he was holding her photo. 

3 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Actually YLH himself kind of breaching the privacy of BLL? That tracker watch actually one kind of thing. I  will be very unhappy if anyone doing it to myself, but okay if the guy as cute as Jasper - forgiven

Is the tracker tracking his heartrate or her heartrate? I wasn't able to figure that out because I thought those heartrate trackers only work if it's on the person. How would he be able to know her heartrate if it's on him and not her? :thinking:

This scene is in episode 9 (she's drunk and is confessing to her online friend -- who is him). 

FLWS-06v7-T.gif

• Clapping Hands 1

@TofuAgree 6 years quite long, I think love scammer also don't have that much of patience and will just move on to next target :lmao2: I found the way they disclosing the story a bit patchy, I also a bit unsure how he found out that she is his online friend. Or maybe they intend to disclose it later :idk:

The watch is to track her heart rate, and will send the result to his watch. I think similar to health bracelet in Unforgettable Love. He said to developed this is a bit complicated, so it's not just normal watch that we know sold in the market. Well maybe it's also not really breach of privacy, what can the heart rate information do ? It's hard to even make conclusion from it 😅 But there is one time a murder case in real life was solved because of this type of watch. 

I think we have more things to discuss compare to Use For My Talent somehow haha... don't you think so? I guess this drama indeed more interesting. 

• Haha 1

@SilverMoonTea Hahaha! If I was a love scammer, I wouldn't even go beyond a few days. :laugh:So far, I'm up to episode 10 and not much has been said about how they met. 

Oh! That makes sense about the tracker. He's used it to test how she's feeling when she's with the second lead. Oh, the second lead and her best friends were both in The Long Ballad. Every time I see them, I want to call them by their names in TLB instead. Haha!

41 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

But there is one time a murder case in real life was solved because of this type of watch. 

What?! That happened in real life? Is there an article on it? 

41 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I think we have more things to discuss compare to Use For My Talent somehow haha... don't you think so? I guess this drama indeed more interesting. 

Hahahaha, yes! It's an easier watch and the characters are more likable. 

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Tofu said:

@SilverMoonTea 

What?! That happened in real life? Is there an article on it? 

I put the news in spoiler below. Basically the smart watches can kind of telling the death timing and movement of the person before his/her demise. 

Spoiler

The privacy of smart watches seems quite questionable, but most benefited by this smart watches will be an insurance company. They might use this data to reject / accept claim. 

Not sure how BLL will react once she know about this watches? Generally, if the guy is someone you fancy I guess it will be fine. If it's not, actually its kind of creepy. 

• Clapping Hands 1