Ling Long 玲珑 [2021]

one thing i agreed with LingLong.....

"The more you hide, the more I want to know, and when I went ahead to find things on my own, I will embark on a more dangerous path that you can't imagine'

sometimes being a parent especially a single parent is hard....when you thought that keeping something as a secret away will protect your child...however as they grew up they will get curious and also they wanted to find out things....

its will be hard letting know the truth when it actually involved her and you're worried and scared that the truth will also hurt her....

• Like 2

I may not be destined to finish episode one today, because I started making some gifs instead. :eeeee:

8318d085f39ef09da110eea96cbf44cc8197e05e

e6dff7bff6ac556c9574799a76117252e8c7a619

7f5987330e75408553d3a3f6dcedf14224ee690b

Spoiler

I have to upload this one on Giphy because it was too big for Tumblr so the size is smaller than the rest. Haha! 

giphy.gif

b3d0efda3844b2ea935cc44dd6d387fa3dd95516

The full one without any cuts:

giphy.gif

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
10 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

lols what you use to make the gif? lols

It depends on how lazy I am. Haha! If I am really lazy, I use Giphy to create the gif. If I have time, I usually screen record the clip I want, then I use Premiere to cut it to the right timing. From there, I resize and made adjustments to the brightness, colors, etc. on PhotoShop. I used to save the clips as gif. on Premiere and transfer it over to Photoshop but I realized the quality is a little better if I leave it as a video clip. 

I don't know how other people do theirs and have them be extremely high quality gifs. I find that really hard to do. :idk:

• Haha 2
8 minutes ago, Tofu said:

It depends on how lazy I am. Haha! If I am really lazy, I use Giphy to create the gif. If I have time, I usually screen record the clip I want, then I use Premiere to cut it to the right timing. From there, I resize and made adjustments to the brightness, colors, etc. on PhotoShop. I used to save the clips as gif. on Premiere and transfer it over to Photoshop but I realized the quality is a little better if I leave it as a video clip. 

I don't know how other people do theirs and have them be extremely high quality gifs. I find that really hard to do. :idk:

ignore the first couple of copies of the R/s chart pls....i send you the latest one....the first couple one i made a mistakes for one of the characters pinyin lols

• Party! 1
4 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

the main theme is sung by one of fav artist right now...ZhouShen!!!

Ultimate unique voice ever, Zhou Shen!

4 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

lols first times seeing Xin YunLai (YuanYi's Protector) in costumes garb....

The Xin Family right the older brother in white, is he really Yuan Yi's protector? I mean his family is one of three old family in Suzhuan, beside the Yuan (King family) and Li? (i forget), and his family also the protector of the king?

Or he just protect the king because he was there and no one else, so as the citizen he has to protect the king. 

for a second i thought he was Alan Yu lol.

3 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

i like how the father and daughter relationship...and as much as he pamper the daughter he handle her with a firm a hand when needed...though being a kid we can see that LingLong does has a stubborn streak in her....that her father didnt very well tone it down lols.

Really he pampering her a lot, Ling Long cant cook lol, all this years he always cook for her, one day when she was hungry waiting for her dad to come home (actually he was captured with enemy that moment), she confused, why there are no food at all, at the end she eat fruits lol.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
3 hours ago, Tothestars said:

Ultimate unique voice ever, Zhou Shen!

Yes after hearing him...I'm enthralled...

The Xin Family right the older brother in white, is he really Yuan Yi's protector? I mean his family is one of three old family in Suzhuan, beside the Yuan (King family) and Li? (i forget), and his family also the protector of the king?

Or he just protect the king because he was there and no one else, so as the citizen he has to protect the king. 

for a second i thought he was Alan Yu lol.

First he happen to be there and the he sworn to be the king ally and help LingLong as in a sense his gift is related to God Lord 

Really he pampering her a lot, Ling Long cant cook lol, all this years he always cook for her, one day when she was hungry waiting for her dad to come home (actually he was captured with enemy that moment), she confused, why there are no food at all, at the end she eat fruits lol.

Hehe just like my mom pampering me lol hahaha 

Still it was nice to see their rapport...they are just like bosom friends as much as they are father n daughter

• Like 2

Thanks @NiteWalker for the translations! @abs-oluteM, feel free to use this to promote the thread because I don't think I've seen it get pass around on social media. 

OZqS6KK.png

Version without the cropping: https://i.imgur.com/F0IxFC0.png

10 hours ago, Tothestars said:

Their first encounter was in the flying fish ship right?

As far as I'm aware, that's their first encounter because he didn't recognize Yuan Yi as the Emperor of Suchuan until he showed the marble. In the character chart that Angie translated, it shows that he will be Yuan Yi's protector. I think his sword is pretty awesome with how it breaks into smaller parts to kill its opponents. Haha!

10 hours ago, Tothestars said:

Ah forgive me, the character xin yunlai playing is Yin Xiao right, the Yin Family, how come i wrote Xin Family lol.

At the beginning of every drama so many characters are introduced. I always have to rewind and replay introductions so I understand correctly on what's going on. Haha! 

I'm in the middle of episode five and so far I'm enjoying the drama. I'm not exactly sure what Yuan Yi's purpose is besides being the Emperor. He hasn't really done anything special but his knowledge of everything has been helpful for Ling Long too. I think as I continued on, I'll probably understand his character more. I feel a little bad that everyone is waiting to over throne him. He seemed to have risen to power at a young age. 

I agreed with @Tothestars that there were moments where I found Huo TuXin a tad bit annoying. I think he's starting to feel the lost of his daughter now that she's at the age to explore the world and not really "need" him anymore. 

Some BTS clips in the spoiler tag:

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
14 hours ago, Tofu said:

As far as I'm aware, that's their first encounter because he didn't recognize Yuan Yi as the Emperor of Suchuan until he showed the marble. In the character chart that Angie translated, it shows that he will be Yuan Yi's protector. I think his sword is pretty awesome with how it breaks into smaller parts to kill its opponents. Haha!

Thx @NiteWalker for the chart translation! 

Yeah i am happy Yin Xiao is Yuan Yi's protector, he is so good! The sword exactly! In the next ep, forget which ep, the smaller parts can make a shape of a person lol. One thing that hasnt convinced me about Yin's ability to know whether a person is lying, i think so far they havent showed it though. I have watched until ep 10 btw.

14 hours ago, Tofu said:

I'm in the middle of episode five and so far I'm enjoying the drama. I'm not exactly sure what Yuan Yi's purpose is besides being the Emperor. He hasn't really done anything special but his knowledge of everything has been helpful for Ling Long too. I think as I continued on, I'll probably understand his character more. I feel a little bad that everyone is waiting to over throne him. He seemed to have risen to power at a young age. 

So far yes, his purpose is still using Ling Long the Goddess to make him more exist in Su Zhuan, since currently he is like an invisible king, and that was because Yuan Yi became king in very young ages, soon after his uncle the previous King was dead, so he more looks like a king doll, since Fei Tian is the one who governed everything before Yuan Yi is ready enough to govern Su Zhuan.

8 hours ago, Tofu said:

A couple of images from episode seven, they really went all out on the details of Yuan Yi's palace.

The details is so good! I really enjoy watching it, hopefully they all out in everything include the story!

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Tothestars said:

The sword exactly! In the next ep, forget which ep, the smaller parts can make a shape of a person lol. One thing that hasnt convinced me about Yin's ability to know whether a person is lying, i think so far they havent showed it though.

Yes, it shaped into his father! That was kind of cool. I liked that he doesn't even have to fully take out his sword to use it too. I haven't been completely convinced about that too, but I do like that they were able to see through Wei ShengYan. 

I wonder what it means to bring Yin up again, because Yin Zhuang and Yin Xiao are willing to risk so much just for it. The conversation between Wei ShengYan and Yin Zhuang --- she's willing to do everything including being in a loveless marriage and also carry his children. Sometimes when I watch scenes like this in dramas, I'm remembered of how common this way back in the days. I can't imagined what I would do if I was forced into a marriage like this. Wei ShengYan has thin lips and honestly, I've watched so many dramas where the evil character have thin lips -- can we call him Thin Lips? :eeeee:

I was a little sad when they killed off Fu Zhuan. I was hoping that he could reunite with Fei Tian. I was a bit heartbroken for her because she has to hold back her emotions. Even Yuan Yi commented that she knows how to control her emotions so she'll be ok --- just because someone doesn't talk about it or show their emotions, doesn't mean they are ok. She waited a decade to hear from Fu Zhuan and he passed away before she even saw him. :pandasadspoon:

Wu Yuan's backstory is very depressing --- to be a child and go through all of that, what's wrong with her parents? Were the 10 gold coins, worth it? I'm glad that she found Wu Yan and that Huo TuXin learned of her story. I'm not exactly sure what her relationship is with Wei ShengYan and Zhu Xi of Marquis, so I'm interested to find out. 

Also, going back to Wei ShengYan, despite how dirty he is, I think he cares for Yin Zhuang too. I know the character chart says that she ends up liking Huo TuXin, but I'm also curious to see how her relationship with Thin Lips progress. I really enjoyed the conversation she had with Huo TuXin while she was waiting for her bracelet to be made. 

X7JGZe0.png

Spoiler

LrNNxke.png

epMtIwb.png

smW6Fh9.png

ye0Wu2x.png

gbCOFJe.png

uPRcsLL.png

SY5H4Af.png

rlEkVtp.png

I hope we get to see the ritual in this upcoming weekend's episodes. I hope Ling Long succeed and showing everyone that she is the Goddess. At the same time, I'm worried that when that's confirmed, it's going to bring chaos to Suchuan especially since Thin Lips mentioned that Zhu Xi controls half of the Suchuan even though Yuan Yi is the king.  

Yuan Yi's and Ling Long's relationship has been nice to watch. I love that as the emperor, Yuan Yi gives in to Ling Long every time she asks for his help. Haha! Ling Long's ancestor is responsible for the destruction of one of Suchuan's prosperous city, it seems?

bAjdtK3.png

Spoiler

9ye5gbC.png

HPoHMRf.png

eQvqizm.png

smxj7GV.png

I'm really admiring some of the set we're seeing in the drama. The following are photos of some of the ones I was able to screen grab from episode seven and eight. I plan on going back to grab photos of some of the set of the earlier episodes -- I really liked Wei ShengYan's home, the blue and gold are wonderful colors!

6HS1lPT.png

Spoiler

kjOnipt.png

QPB9apt.png

LIfGqeQ.png

VW5hRWV.png

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Tofu said:

This exchange in episode 8 made me laughed. Ling Long indirectly called him a pig

Yeah exactly lol, since ling long is so skillful in her tribe village, so team with pigs will just fine

:lol:

1 hour ago, Tofu said:

Also, I wanted to capture Yuan Yi's study, because it looked beautiful. 

Indeed! They really all out in the set!

But in later eps, forget which ep, when Ling Long's father escaped from Yu Xi, and the guards after him, they were fighting in the small alley, and the wall is moving every time someone bang into the wall lol! Oh well.... Lol

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, Tothestars said:

they were fighting in the small alley, and the wall is moving every time someone bang into the wall lol!

Hahahaha! Sometimes we have to pretend we do not see those details. :eeeee: I think my favorite failed CGI was when Ling Long was on the bridge and it showed Fei Tian crossing her path -- putting it in the spoiler tag so if someone doesn't want to see it, they don't have to. :laugh:

Spoiler

XCpEQkk.jpg

tzhwUhv.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
14 minutes ago, Tothestars said:

But in later eps, forget which ep, when Ling Long's father escaped from Yu Xi, and the guards after him, they were fighting in the small alley, and the wall is moving every time someone bang into the wall lol! Oh well.... Lol

well this is xanxia definitely....and who knows maybe the wall is made to move...u see ppl fighting there isnt very abnormal or something to be awww about ....so they need to make the wall more resilient to hit ahhh **ahem** hehehe

1 hour ago, Tofu said:

Also, I wanted to capture Yuan Yi's study, because it looked beautiful. 

406dc33d898af6882b20f7f517764e614a3e6f6e

the study is pretty however thats not a study i want for myself i think??? it looks so crowded

• Like 2
37 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Hahahaha! Sometimes we have to pretend we do not see those details. :eeeee: I think my favorite failed CGI was when Ling Long was on the bridge and it showed Fei Tian crossing her path -- putting it in the spoiler tag so if someone doesn't want to see it, they don't have to. :laugh:

Hahahahaa yeah one of failed cgi! I think the cgi failed everytime they were zooming in.

36 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

well this is xanxia definitely....and who knows maybe the wall is made to move...u see ppl fighting there isnt very abnormal or something to be awww about ....so they need to make the wall more resilient to hit ahhh **ahem** hehehe

Hahahahaha olrait then lol, i believe it is for the sake of safety comes first, so they made the bouncy wall lol

:smug:

38 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

the study is pretty however thats not a study i want for myself i think??? it looks so crowded

I will keep playing on those stairs, might be one of my fav photo corner lol.

• Haha 2
4 minutes ago, Tothestars said:

Hahahahaha olrait then lol, i believe it is for the sake of safety comes first, so they made the bouncy wall lol

:smug:

**ahem** Harry Potter seems look good with those bouncy effect after all hahahahah :wow2:

5 minutes ago, Tothestars said:

hey you're suppose to be studying lols 

no PLAYING!!

• Haha 2
12 minutes ago, Tothestars said:

I think the whole drama has nice backdrops for a photo op. :eeeee:

7 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

hey you're suppose to be studying lols

I'm pretty sure it is for eating. :laugh:

95a65eabc1b092c1849efe5ac9f95906bc91382b

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

this make me hungry lols @Tofu

95a65eabc1b092c1849efe5ac9f95906bc91382b

On 1/31/2021 at 6:55 AM, Tofu said:

I agreed with @Tothestars that there were moments where I found Huo TuXin a tad bit annoying. I think he's starting to feel the lost of his daughter now that she's at the age to explore the world and not really "need" him anymore. 

as much as i love to watch both him with his daughter together in the same frame....i think the separation will be good for him...

at certain level he seems to be very naïve and also not to mention he really need to grow.....as LingLong's father and her natural protector...he really need to grow instead of being the one holding her back because of his lacking....

i havent watch the latest 4 episodes as yet....however on episode 8 ending i know he bump into an old man at the alley that told him, in the city he shouldnt trust anyone at all even a kid....who sold him out to the guards.....

2 hours ago, Tofu said:

I'm really admiring some of the set we're seeing in the drama. The following are photos of some of the ones I was able to screen grab from episode seven and eight. I plan on going back to grab photos of some of the set of the earlier episodes -- I really liked Wei ShengYan's home, the blue and gold are wonderful colors!

totally....his house is really something to be admire, especially where he dock his ship.....damn i love seeing those fishes docking there looking so naturally at ease....

i really gotta say they made good CGI here and LingLong is really a very much improve CGI over all.....

as much as i dont like Wei ShengYan.....i love his home lols

• Like 2