The Long Ballad / Princess Changge 长歌行 [2021]

Hmm... I'm only at Ep 2 (slowly watching, and patiently waiting for more to binge) but can't seem to "feel" the main CP's chemie yet. They are both awesome in their roles, but... Part of me silently wished (please don't "bash" me) they were paired differently...:thinking: It is what it is now. Let's hope I will be "struck:wow:" soon... haha

On the other hand, just from Tencent Official Zhou Shen OST MV, I'm already loving the second CP. Can't wait to see more of them. Oh well...:nervous: I'm biased, I guess:MewGiggle:GIF-shipping-cp2.gif

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Current Faves: Undercover & Mine & Bossam (Kdramas); The Handmaid's Tale (US Drama)l  

Watching: A Good Supper, Court Lady...  Waiting: Red Sky, Love (Season 2), Penthouse (Season 3)...  

2 hours ago, oppasaranghaeyo said:

Hmm... I'm only at Ep 2 (slowly watching, and patiently waiting for more to binge) but can't seem to "feel" the main CP's chemie yet. They are both awesome in their roles, but... Part of me silently wished (please don't "bash" me) they were paired differently...:thinking: It is what it is now. Let's hope I will be "struck:wow:" soon... haha

On the other hand, just from Tencent Official Zhou Shen OST MV, I'm already loving the second CP. Can't wait to see more of them. Oh well...:nervous: I'm biased, I guess:MewGiggle:

i think alot more ppl are leaning more heavily on the 2nd CP more....as the chemie in between those two seems to be better.....

• Like 3

Oh wow... Fei Liu from Nirvana in Fire is all grown up and playing the male lead. He's blossoming into a decent actor and his chemistry with Dilraba is not bad. Who would've thought? But it's working fo me.

I manage to hoodwink the other half to watch it with me because of Wu Lei and we're up to Episode 7 I think. We're on holidays so it's worked out that way. I started looking at the first one just out of curiosity and before we knew it, we were on Episode 7. 

Overall and so far... it's immensely watchable. I like how the big story is unfolding and was pleasantly surprised by the political complexity because I really wasn't expecting much. However I don't know what it is... probably old age... but I find Changge's character less impressive than most of the comments I've seen on MDL and Viki. Yes she's smart and capable on some level but reckless and surprisingly naive. Dilraba is good here. Probably the best I've seen from her. But the character is very narrowly focused and the revenge project is fraught with problems. She's not as sympathetic a character that I was led to believe but I'm supposing it's part of her journey into maturity.  It's not a deal breaker because there's plenty about the show I really like. I especially enjoy the veterans maneuvering, triangulating and behave as slick political operators should. Many are scumbags and at least they're good at it.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

On 4/8/2021 at 5:29 PM, NiteWalker said:

hahaha....should we be happy with this....sometimes this mean endless cursing from my mother when she start watching lols

It all depends really. As you know I like my historical dramas to have some level of political backstabbing. ;) To me a historical drama without plotting and scheming is very boring. I didn't really know what kind of show Chang Ge Xing was going to be. I thought it was a wuxia drama but it's actually far more historically based than I expected. I'm impressed with how Li Shimin is written and portrayed here. In fact I really appreciate how balanced the political perspectives are between the Han Chinese and the Eastern Turkic peoples.

Anyway I have to pace myself with this drama as it only comes out 3 times a week. 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

3 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

It all depends really. As you know I like my historical dramas to have some level of political backstabbing. ;) To me a historical drama without plotting and scheming is very boring. I didn't really know what kind of show Chang Ge Xing was going to be. I thought it was a wuxia drama but it's actually far more historically based than I expected. I'm impressed with how Li Shimin is written and portrayed here. In fact I really appreciate how balanced the political perspectives are between the Han Chinese and the Eastern Turkic peoples.

Anyway I have to pace myself with this drama as it only comes out 3 times a week. 

you have the point down....political are all about back stabbing to be honest even to today days lols

• Like 2
  • Party! 1

Done until Ep06. Not bad, from what I've seen. Eastern Asian politicking and maneuvering from the historical past are no less bloody and cunning than the usual European stuff.

The drama is touching some historical figures, like the Khans, so no complaints. Anyhow, I'm still only at Ep06 going Ep07, so there are more episodes to still watch before I can truly say nay or yay to the characters and their development as the story progresses.

One thing for sure, I ain't bored of anything yet. I like the costumes and outfits. I'm just amused with that rolling down the roof scene. It reminds of another, infamous enough rolling scene wherein Reba is also one of the rollers, LOL!

• Haha 3

spacer.png

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero

Outtakes, interviews and behind the scenes... beware spoilers... 

Spoiler

I'm really impressed with Wu Lei here. He does a really good job bringing gravitas to the role despite his age. He really does hold his own against more experienced actors and does well in his scenes with Dilraba.

@NiteWalkerAre you not watching this? It's quite good. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

2 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

i need to sit on the notion of Reba as a 16 years old first lols

I'm glad I didn't know that she was supposed to be 15 or 16 until she had her period. Even then that's pretty late. I went to a girls' school and I didn't know anyone who had their period that late.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I'm glad I didn't know that she was supposed to be 15 or 16 until she had her period. Even then that's pretty late. I went to a girls' school and I didn't know anyone who had their period that late.

if you're under develop or lack of nourishment i heard that it will affect the period...back then we didnt actually ask ppl about 'hey did you have your period yet or not..'

and now i remember 'Go Ahead' where SongYun also only had her period when she was 16? and announced to the whole table of men **ahem**

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, NiteWalker said:

if you're under develop or lack of nourishment i heard that it will affect the period...back then we didnt actually ask ppl about 'hey did you have your period yet or not..'

and now i remember 'Go Ahead' where SongYun also only had her period when she was 16? and announced to the whole table of men **ahem**

I don't think she should suffer from lack of nutrition as she's a princess but she is athletic. 

But it's a convenient way to convince other people that you're a woman after you've been dressing like a man. 

Although I don't see how anyone can think that Dilraba looks like a man.

I can't get over how manly little Fei Liu has become. And how these two can potentially be my second favourite OTP this year.

• Like 3