The Long Ballad / Princess Changge 长歌行 [2021]

And, it's a wrap! I watched again the last 7 eps for the sub, to make sure I got it right. The twist nearing the end about Princess Yicheng is a neat little surprise. Considering what she was before she gained her princesshood and sent to the Khan for marriage alliance, she was even more a hardliner than the blood members of the Sui Royal family to what she considers she must be loyal to.

All in all, it was a good show. I like it that it has touches of historical background. Happy seeing too all the colorful costumes used for filming. Except for the family related rift between Changge and her uncle the Emperor, and that of Sher to the Khatun, it's a relief (for me) that there aren't much major domestic drama which could take away the story focus on the goal of unifying the tribes and the alliance with the Tang Dynasty. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

spacer.png

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero

4 minutes ago, Tofu said:

These two, I will miss them!

ahaahah Reba still had those two fish tails for her hair which annoyed @NiteWalker.

Angie, you should watch this for Reba if you have yet to. This is quite a big departure from her previous works and I think she did a good job

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

• 2 weeks later...

I am a late comer in this drama. Had been hesitant to watch it due to the pairing of the main OTP that totally not my taste (I am a fan of both separately) and still not my taste until the last episode of Chang Ge....😂😂 I am glad they kept the romance at minimal. That pair of yellow little birdies did a great job...💪🏻

WuLei did a superb job as Sun. He is no longer the cute chubby cheeks little boy but a manly muscular man (look at those abs and chest and shoulders and abs also abs then abs, did I mentioned abs?? 😎) and smoking hot. His eyes acting is no joke. At such young age he managed to pulled off such matured role as a battle hardened man without being theatrical. His scene where his foster mother died was excruciating to watch. His pains, grief and anger were solid and rock hard. 

A Dou gives me another memorable scene. His loyalty and his bravery right outside the city gate were heart wrenching to watch. It had been such a long time I didn’t cry because of a drama scene but this one totally got me.

Reba finally shed her pretty naive stupidly totally in love type of role and she did a great job too. I hope she won’t be typed cast anymore and will have great scripts in the future.

I love the second couple. They were soooo cute without being overly sugary. I just love them despite being not accustomed to see Liu YuNing without his trademark smiley face. Lusi must be dehydrated filming this drama judging from the amount of liquid she shed....

I have 2 complains though. First, the cameraman sucks. I had never in my life see so many unflattering angles in a drama. The cameraman managed to showed me that even the gorgeous Reba can looked bad in certain angles...😂😂 So many bad framing. Second, the stylist must be a woman hater. None of the actress looked good in those hairstyles and wardrobe but ALL the men looked drop dead gorgeous...😂😂 Those grassland men are tall dark and handsome. No pretty boys there.  WuLei was absolutely spicy hot in his grassland attire while such an opposite in his Tang costume...😂😂

I binge 49 episodes in 3 days and I am satisfied. Overall is a great drama. Casts story directing acting are just right.

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

This drama is so draggy. I'm actually glad I'm watching it super late and all episodes are now out. I'm only here for Wu Lei's Ashile Sun and sadly there's very little of him. I think if it weren't for Wu Lei, I might actually be more interested in Liu Yu Ning's character Hao Du because his character has similarity to Ling Bu Yi who is also that quiet, stoic character who secretly just protects his heroine without spelling it out.

Ashile Sun does the same too, going all out protecting his love except I am not convinced as to why he would fall for Chang Ge. Chang Ge is so... how to say... capricious and rash that I rather Sun loves me than her. HAHAHAHAHAHA @Tofu, do you agree? :laugh:

• Haha 3