The Devil Judge / Devilish Judge 악마판사 [2021]

Darkarcana

20210520-194753.jpg

Name: Devilish Judge/The Devil's Justice

Air Date: July 2nd 2021

synopsis: Is a drama that aims to deliver a message about justice through a “live courtroom show” that the whole nation participates in. Is Kang Yo Han, the titular “devil judge” who emerges amidst chaos and confusion, a hero of the people or a demon who wears the mask of the law? Kang Yo Han is a head trial judge who wears legal robes in order to hunt down villains. He is the “devil judge” who wears the mask of the law and punishes the greedy and power-hungry through the courtroom show. He creates an aura of mystery around himself with his handsome face and elegant tastes, but it is impossible for anyone to know what he is truly thinking inside. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

“A romantic who likes flowers.”

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ji Sung, GOT7’s Jinyoung, Kim Min Jung, And Park Gyu Young Are Entangled In Tense Relationships In “The Devil Judge”

Jun 11, 2021 by E. Cha

tvN’s upcoming drama “The Devil Judge” has shared an intriguing sneak peek of the relationships between its characters!

“The Devil Judge” is a new drama set in an alternate-universe, dystopian version of Korea where the entire nation participates in a trial through a live broadcast courtroom show. Ji Sung will star as Kang Yo Han, a head judge with mysterious intentions: is he a hero of the people in a world filled with chaos, or is he a devil who wears the mask of the law?

On June 11, the upcoming drama released three striking new posters that hint at the tense dynamics between its four leads.

The first poster captures the conflict between judge Kang Yo Han and host Jung Sun Ah, his deceptively innocent-looking nemesis (played by Kim Min Jung). The only person capable of making Kang Yo Han break a sweat, Jung Sun Ah covers one of his eyes with her hand while commenting, “You’re still the same, I see? Not knowing your place and putting your hands on things that aren’t yours.”

Ji-Sung-Kim-Min-Jung.jpg

The second poster features Kang Yo Han facing off against Kim Ga On (GOT7’s Jinyoung), an associate judge who grows suspicious of the vicious head judge. Gazing fiercely into Kim Ga On’s eyes, Kang Yo Han declares, “Why don’t you choose? Whether you’ll block my way or stand by my side.”

Jinyoung-Ji-Sung.jpg

Finally, the third poster spotlights the relationship between Kim Ga On and his longtime friend Yoon Soo Hyun (Park Gyu Young), a detective who has feelings for him. As she gazes wistfully at him, she reveals, “I didn’t like seeing that kid cry, so I confessed my feelings to him no less than five times.”

Jinyoung-Park-Gyu-Young.jpg

“The Devil Judge” premieres on July 3 at 9 p.m. KST and will be available with subtitles on Viki. In the meantime, check out a teaser for the drama here!

Source

• Like 2
  • Party! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

(Export News Reporter Hwang Soo-yeon) Actors Ji-sung and Kim Min-jung, who will be reunited in 'Devil Judge', expressed their deep trust towards each other. 

tvN's new Saturday and Sunday drama 'Devil Judge', which will be broadcast for the first time on July 3, is a drama that delivers a message of justice through a live courtroom show in which the entire nation participates in a fictional dystopian Republic of Korea.

In particular, due to the meeting of Ji-seong (Kang Yo-han) and Kim Min-jung (Jung Seon-ah), the expectations of drama fans are rising day by day. In the midst of this, the two actors meet as enemies and foretell a different atmosphere, which is more interesting. In this regard, attention is focused on directly conveying the impression that Ji Sung and Kim Min-jung are working together.

First of , Ji-sung, who plays the role of Kang Ha-han (Ji-seong), the judge of the trial court who leads the live court show said, "I first worked with Kim Min-jung in the drama 'New Heart'. I was happy while filming enough to be remembered as a precious work to this day. I am so happy that the words ‘nice to meet you’ are not enough to meet again with a colleague who made such a work together. It's been a while since we've been working together again, so I'm curious as to whether the two people's acting  will still be, and what kind of chemistry will be born."

Kim Min-jung said, "It's been 13 years since we've worked together, but we didn't feel that the years were so surprising to each other. It's our second work, so there is a synergistic effect in terms of matching our acting," . 

Ji Sung also said, “Acting with Kim Min-jung is so good that it doesn’t require a long explanation. As a partner, I was able to act with trust and dependability, and thanks to that, I was able to work comfortably on filming.”

Lastly, Ji Sung also expressed his wish, “Personally, I hope that the acting  between the two of us can give good synergy to ‘Demon Judge’.

Kim Min-jung expressed her gratitude by saying, “I am very grateful for our intelligent actor. She keep looking forward to the first broadcast of 'Devil Judge', which will be completed by two actors who are united in faith and trust. 

Ji Sung and Kim Min-jung, who announced the birth of another legendary chemistry through 'Devil Judge', can be seen in tvN's new Saturday-Sunday drama 'Devil Judge', which will be broadcast first at 9 pm on Saturday, July 3rd.

source

• Like 4

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

Anyone else watching this? Just caught the first episode.

Quick thoughts:

First half went by a bit slowly because of all the exposition and introduction of all the characters. But once the trial started I was fully absorbed.

I actually went into this blind, having not read any articles or seen any trailers. So I’m only watching this because Ji-sung is in it 😅

The entire trial really had me juggling between “oh well guess Ji-sung’s character is not so bad?” and “huh ok guess he is morally grey?” So I can say for now I am confused lol but it makes me want to keep watching to find out more about the character and how he is related to Jin-young’s character.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@im0202 I plan to but really haven't had a chance. I do have one drama ending this weekend , so hope to check it out after. All I know is that this is a alternate SK so to speak. 

Hahaha yes!! I’ll be catching up with Ep2 tomorrow night. Hope it continues to be good!

Ji-sung as his character gave me Shin Se-gi vibes from the get-go haha.

And ooh an alternate SK? I thought so too but wasn’t sure. It definitely isn’t set in RL South Korea. The lighting of many scenes (like in alleyways and on the trains) gave it a much darker feel.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

It was a treat seeing Moon Woo Jin plays young Yo Han. He's another child actor I think will go far in his acting career.

I can't agree with the Priest (Yo Han's former classmate) that Yo Han is a devil just because he sliced the bird and orchestrated the classmates turning against each other. From the way the drama played out, young Yo Han was trying to help the scared little girl. It's just that his method was incorrect. The whole class isolated him after the incident. He was bullied. What happened was his retaliation, in the most intricate (but intelligent) way — which shows he's meticulous and an excellent strategist.

Episode 2 flashbacks hinted Yo Han was abused when young, not a child born with silver spoon as the public thinks. The most curious bit is obviously Yo Han's repeatedly mumbling to himself how much Ga On resembles to a person he knew. Is he referring to Ga On's father? Curious curious.

I can't believe the actor who played the scumbag CEO in Deluxe Taxi (and Tomorrow, With You) is playing the President in this drama. He's still the same as his previous roles. LOL.

P.S. Nice sport car PPL Yo Han drove there. I do like the look of that Corvette Stringray.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

The second episode has drawn me in even more. Agree with @mademoiselle the car chase scene was pretty great PPL lol. But that transition from the other car’s rear view camera(?)/monitor(?) to Yo-han’s car, before going under and showing us the reverse was smooooth. I had to rewind and watch that part again :wow2:

I also loved the variation of Rachmaninoff’s Piano Concerto No.2 that was played in the charity fashion show event. I think the time signature was changed to make it more waltzy but it also fit the scenes they were showing. Once again impressed by the kid actor who has appeared everywhere since WWWSK. 

Can’t wait to find out more about Ji-sung’s character. But hope they also reveal a little more on Ga-on soon. So far his character seems a little boring since all he has been doing is spying on Yo-han and reporting back to the Chief guy.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

This looks promising! So stylish! Set and cinematography looks good!

[Although they look like priest and altar boy/girl here lol.]

A9ESqbE.gif

NC8wK48.gif

This is my first Ji Sung drama.

EjB5MdX.gif

CC8XRsZ.gif

He hands down a sentence of 235 years 😍 Then he does this 😂

orDPAjl.gif

Good or bad? 🥳 What I know from episode 1 is:

Spoiler

I'm firing this teacher. Who makes children run across the road when a bus is coming at you???🙄

tHvk79I.gif

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
5 hours ago, Chocolate said:

This is my first Ji Sung drama.

Hahaha ooh I recommend Kill Me Heal Me and Defendant! If you’re curious to watch more of his dramas hehe.

Btw, agreed on the costumes looking like a priest’s😂 I thought the same thing while watching and got confused, like I thought he was a judge so why does he have a priest robe in his office LOL.

But maybe this was intended, who knows? Something about a priest listening to people’s confessions and then meting out ‘punishments’ (in a church, it’s like the number of prayers/Hail Mary’s you have to say), but in Yo-han’s case, as a judge, the punishment is in the form of fines and jail time. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, im0202 said:

Hahaha ooh I recommend Kill Me Heal Me and Defendant! If you’re curious to watch more of his dramas hehe.

Haha ok, I will check out Defendant! I've read about Kill Me Heal Me - apparently the production announced that Hyun Bin would be playing this role, when he had actually chosen Hyde Jekyll, Me. However, it turned out that KMHM was a much better script - Ji Sung played 7 different characters which was quite amazing.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 2