The Devil Judge / Devilish Judge 악마판사 [2021]

Darkarcana

we love Elijah, Elijah protecccc team. Look at those smiles! Our heart will breaking soon.. Just hold on pls 🥺

9 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

LOLLLL go to bed if you've work tomorrow. I'm going; join me. HAHAHAHA

ssshh.. Flexible business work hours is kind of perk or misadventure it is often overrated: but I'm alright tomorrow first meeting is on late afternoon okkiee HAHAHAHA anyway good night Moi! 😆😘

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

So from spoilers it seems that 

Spoiler

Soo Hyun cleaned up the scene. She was really pissed off with Ga On ...more heartbroken. Ga On tells YoHan  - Soo Hyun is the most precious thing to him. Think he left Yohan's house

There was also this scene that according to this handle mentions that YoHan wants to be made the next president??? Is it true?

I guess my crack ship literally ends in a bloody mess...LOL!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

@abs-oluteM

Regarding your question in the spoiler tag, I don't think so.

Spoiler

Yo-han was probably just saying the things she wanted to hear at that point. Basically just trying to out-wit Sun-Ah... 

He did imply in a later scene (just before he got shot) that it wasn't his goal to take over the SRF/country (I guess ultimately his revenge plan is just to destroy the entire foundation and its members).

Found the text preview of Ep 13:

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
11 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

With regards to Sun Ah , did she point the gun because she found out he was playing her out?

Yes she called for the meeting with Yohan after

Spoiler

She found out he was still digging up past info/ evidence about her and her parents and the now-dead former President of the SRF.

I think she was also under pressure from the other SRF members to get rid of Yohan and the threat he brings. The President even insinuated that she'd slept with Yohan as she was kind of being defensive of Yohan. The men laughed and said it was meant as a joke but I feel she was triggered by that remark.

After she found out that Yohan wasn't acting according to their supposed 'waiting it out' plan, she dumped the necklace he gave her and then the meeting happened and shit hit the fan. :pandarage2:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

I’m done with my watch with subs. Seems Viu promises subs within 5 hours of release in Korea. So it’s available at 1am 😋

I forgot but @im0202 you know Korean so live-stream is fine for you!

This episode was a little slower in pace with everyone absorbing Cha Kyung Hee’s death. But what an ending to the episode.

Yo Han vows to kill Sun Ah in the most lonely and miserable way - wonder how that will be. So far, the Vincenzo revenge scenes were the most “horrific”. I hope Sun Ah dies in an even more painful way 😋

Ga On looked like he was reconsidering his part in Yo Han’s scheme after the law minister’s suicide. However the last scene with the SRF gang beating people and forcing/kidnaping even children into the vans may just rekindle his fire again. Looks like Soo Hyun will save him in the next episode.

• Like 5

The latest BTS really show the chemistry between Jisung and KMJ. Can tell that they’re really comfortable with each other. Have to also say that the younger actors are fortunate to have someone like Jisung to give them pointers on their acting!

Ji-sung’s manner hands on display again during the hugging scene with KMJ. His hands froze and hovered in mid-air in the middle of patting her head because he thought they were only rehearsing.😂

@mademoiselle @abs-oluteM will be checking those vids out later 😂 I also found Yohan/Sun-ah versions on YT lol

• Haha 4
  • Heart Eyes 1
19 hours ago, im0202 said:

The President even insinuated that she'd slept with Yohan as she was kind of being defensive of Yohan. The men laughed and said it was meant as a joke but I feel she was triggered by that remark.

this scene arggghhh so frustrating. Suregiiii. The way they look of a women achievement or work.. Plain trash men.

The way ep 16 goin' on is making me.. Dang.. Yohan is so lonely.. Dark heroes, but the world needs it. Gaon, you may disgusted, but still a fact the nation needs him.

16 hours ago, Chocolate said:

I’m done with my watch with subs. Seems Viu promises subs within 5 hours of release in Korea. So it’s available at 1am

Is this the same platform I experienced?? I clearly remember for around 1-6 episodes (earlier) I waited but it was so long so I give up.. I currently use WeTV to watch this drama.

• Like 5

G O O D  V I B E S  

@im0202can you post some of your BTS translations here. Very cute. You can just post your twitter handle to make it easier for you if you prefer.

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Ok, who dares to click into this one?

meeeeeee....but I was so troubled by the super red lips of GaOn and YoHan . :psweatduck:

• Haha 5

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

Episode 12

Two of my favourite lines in this episode which I find impactful and made a strong impression are:

1. Ga On: To me, Yoon Soo Hyun is my world.

2. Yo Han: I don't care if humanity is lost as long as I have you two.

I had to improvise Yo Han's line, can't remember word for word but waaaaa, Yo Han acknowledging Ga On is important to him! I mean we all knew it but he is admitted it! Progress! As for Ga On and Soo Hyun, the whole world knows but this confession is even better than "I love you". *Heart flutters*

And yes, poor Elijah! I feel so sorry when I see how upset she is. Not that Yo Han isn't. However he had me question about whether he was affected by Cha Kyung Hee's death at all and whether he's experiencing some normal human emotions but is not showing it. Meanwhile Ga On was obviously shaken and disgusted of himself whereas Yo Han seems unfazed that they somewhat pushed her into a corner and indirect cause her to choose death. Was it because Cha Kyung Hee is an enemy? Will he feel it this time with right hand man's death?

Yo Han's promise to give Sun Ah a lonely & miserable death (wait, did he say death?) suitable for her is raising expectation. I would be very disappointed if this isn't delivered satisfactorily. Funnily I don't hate Sun Ah (she's an awesome villain) but because she is a villain who tries to take down Yo Han and his beloved ones, she unfortunately can't be spared of any mercy in the end; however, there is one other character I want so bad to tear his face up and wish him an even worse ending than Sun Ah. That loud clown President! :pandarage: I was furious at what he said to Sun Ah. It felt like a personal attack to all women. His remarks were extremely sexist. If Yo Han isn't going to take him down in the most painful way (not death coz death is too easy) then I need Sun Ah to do it. Grrrrr.

I wish Yo Han would bother to persuade Chief Justice Min to his side. I didn't think it was that difficult to show him the evidences he has so far on the Social Responsibility Foundation. Even if Chief Justice Min doesn't believe him 100%, at least doubt is raised. The way things presented at the moment makes Chief Justice Min look rather blind and completely unaware of the corrupted system and/or the conspiracy behind what the government is up to. The truth about the con artist and Juk Chang would have been convincing.

I find Judge Oh suddenly appearing on TV reporting about the virus rather odd. She's a judge, not a newscaster.

By the way, when Ga On was in his room making a phone call - is that correctly subbed? Was he really calling Yo Han not Soo Hyun?

Ga On was slapped... but I was swooning :wow::lmao2:

e54990e62219ef9ba4c27f7335dfb68d10059b9b8dfe4bf1ec8bfb3e6901a8a069e6001f6f743e31ebed4899d23535cfb5f54d8fa5ea7662d1ada16d

source: dingyuxi

Bonus for Ahjussi lovers:

Spoiler

And I love this combination of fashion

Spoiler

2d4c146fdfe2022baa2dd3ed4863422616ad6b0c

• Heart Eyes 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

@mademoiselle this is so pure.. :letalQQ:

Yohan:

E8V1XwmXsAAlJDB?format=jpg&name=360x360 

Gaon: 

E8V1YMzXoAUr3Ic?format=jpg&name=360x360

source

15 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I find Judge Oh suddenly appearing on TV reporting about the virus rather odd. She's a judge, not a newscaster.

That loud clown president IKR haish :pandarage:

However he had me question about whether he was affected by Cha Kyung Hee's death at all and whether he's experiencing some normal human emotions but is not showing it. Meanwhile Ga On was obviously shaken and disgusted of himself whereas Yo Han seems unfazed that they somewhat pushed her into a corner and indirect cause her to choose death. Was it because Cha Kyung Hee is an enemy? Will he feel it this time with right hand man's death?

I wonder too if back at times when he climbed to be the mighty judge, does something like that is more like death patient to a doctor(?)

for Judge Oh.. She is really grooming herself, like those leather suit for work.. Like.. Ok I got it ok you want to be looked as expensive ahahaha

Ga On was slapped... but I was swooning

:lmao2: the way Soohyun pulls his shirt is hot actually 

18 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Yo Han vows to kill Sun Ah in the most lonely and miserable way - wonder how that will be. So far, the Vincenzo revenge scenes were the most “horrific”. I hope Sun Ah dies in an even more painful way

upvote this 😋

52 minutes ago, im0202 said:

I really enjoyed this bts a lot. Ji-sung seems to let loose more when he is filming with KMJ. It’s nice to see this side of him cos his character is so unsmiling in the drama 😅

weeee! Awesome thank youuuu!!!~

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

G O O D  V I B E S  

19 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Yo Han's promise to give Sun Ah a lonely & miserable death (wait, did he say death?) suitable for her is raising expectation. I would be very disappointed if this isn't delivered satisfactorily

Yes the devil within him has probably been awakened for real this time.

I hate the president too!!! His remarks to Sun-ah :pandarage2: But from the preview, he may be dealt with next by Yohan.

22 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

By the way, when Ga On was in his room making a phone call - is that correctly subbed? Was he really calling Yo Han not Soo Hyun?

spacer.png
Quick CSI work: 

He did call Soohyun. I think her contact is saved as ‘kkang-pae’ (gangster?) in his phone and he calls her. ‘Judge Kang Yohan’ is saved further down on the phone screen so it must have been a wrong sub.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
32 minutes ago, bairama said:

the way Soohyun pulls his shirt is hot actually 

Bwahahaha yes, I wanna do it to Jin Young too :pandaevil:

20 minutes ago, im0202 said:

Quick CSI work: 

He did call Soohyun. I think her contact is saved as ‘kkang-pae’ (gangster?) in his phone and he calls her. ‘Judge Kang Yohan’ is saved further down on the phone screen so it must have been a wrong sub.

Awesome I was looking for "kkang-pae" but the bigger text on the top and subs threw me off. Thank you for confirming. I was pondering it doesn't seem right that he's calling Yo Han :lmao2: and Yo Han would definitely have answered his call.

---

By the way, I don't want Sun Ah or Clown President to die. Death is too easy. The best revenge is keeping them alive, suffering and punished where they wish they were dead (生不如死). :pandagrim:

• Haha 5
20 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

And yes, poor Elijah! I feel so sorry when I see how upset she is. Not that Yo Han isn't. However he had me question about whether he was affected by Cha Kyung Hee's death at all and whether he's experiencing some normal human emotions but is not showing it. Meanwhile Ga On was obviously shaken and disgusted of himself whereas Yo Han seems unfazed that they somewhat pushed her into a corner and indirect cause her to choose death. Was it because Cha Kyung Hee is an enemy? Will he feel it this time with right hand man's death?

Yo Han's promise to give Sun Ah a lonely & miserable death (wait, did he say death?) suitable for her is raising expectation. I would be very disappointed if this isn't delivered satisfactorily. Funnily I don't hate Sun Ah (she's an awesome villain) but because she is a villain who tries to take down Yo Han and his beloved ones, she unfortunately can't be spared of any mercy in the end; however, there is one other character I want so bad to tear his face up and wish him an even worse ending than Sun Ah. That loud clown President! :pandarage: I was furious at what he said to Sun Ah. It felt like a personal attack to all women. His remarks were extremely sexist. If Yo Han isn't going to take him down in the most painful way (not death coz death is too easy) then I need Sun Ah to do it. Grrrrr.

He looked shocked/worried when they heard the gunshot and ran to the room. In the car, he was quiet but he also worried for Ga On. They are all affected, as can be seen by the bad temper after that. We know Yo Han didn't mean for Cha Kyung Hee to die - he may be trying to bring about her downfall, but he is not into murder. Yo Han just doesn't show it as much as he has bigger worries. His right hand man's death will hit him hard - he will feel responsible - and so he will be more merciless to the villians.

I was quite shocked by Sun Ah. She has been portrayed as a "ditzy" woman who has the brains to plot and scheme. All around her love for Master Yohan. Although she killed SRF Chairman Seo, perhaps because he had raped her, I found that less horrific than her killing of Yo Han's right hand man. They are really building her up to be an all out villian. I guess she was really angry realising she was being played by Yo Han when she was trying so hard to persuade the President Group of her plan to rope him in.

I wish Yo Han would bother to persuade Chief Justice Min to his side. I didn't think it was that difficult to show him the evidences he has so far on the Social Responsibility Foundation. Even if Chief Justice Min doesn't believe him 100%, at least doubt is raised. The way things presented at the moment makes Chief Justice Min look rather blind and completely unaware of the corrupted system and/or the conspiracy behind what the government is up to. The truth about the con artist and Juk Chang would have been convincing.

I'm not too sure about CJ Min. His statement at the hospital bed blaming Yo Han seems like he has already set his mind. Even Ga On couldn't get a word in. Plus he is a CJ. He knows that the judiciary has not been able to give fair sentences and are biased to the rich. Ga On has told him so too. He has also seen all the live court cases. At his level, he shouldn't need convincing by anyone.

She's being made use of by SRF. Probably because she has some credibility to the public as a judge. The poor fool just doesn't know it 🙄 I love her leather suit though 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

I've enjoyed reading this writer.

463c9d96807940bf9d9c8723b338ef7e.png?s=9

6 Cathartic Moments From Episodes 9-10 Of “The Devil Judge” That Had Us Cheering

Aug 7, 2021 by shalini

We start off with a bang this week as “The Devil Judge” promptly tests its newest partnership. Kim Ga On (Jinyoung) has finally taken Kang Yo Han’s (Ji Sung) hand, but there’s no time to ease into their new dynamic. Crisis has already come calling, and it’s time to see whether this relationship will sink or swim.

Warning: spoilers for episodes 9-10 below.

1. Ga On siding with Yo Han over Soohyun

Spoiler

Having successfully put Yo Han’s niece, Elijah (Jeon Chae Eun) in danger, Soohyun (Park Gyu Young) is hopelessly outnumbered. Surprisingly, Elijah doesn’t reach out to Ga On first but directly calls Yo Han. The two men are together (of course) and race to save her.

What’s fascinating about this rescue is the emotional standoff between Yo Han and Soohyun. There’s always been a subtle rivalry between the two but it’s never been more obvious. He strangles Kim Choongsik, the person behind Juk Chang TV that instigates mob violence, while looking right at her, like he wishes it was her. And she arrests Choonsik while saying the words “You’re under arrest” to Yo Han like she wishes she was arresting him.

If this were any other episode, Ga On would side with Soohyun, but his loyalties are with Yo Han now! He asks Soohyun to drop her gun, and it’s only when she refuses that he turns to Yo Han and asks him to stop strangling Choongsik. Throughout it all, he fights by Yo Han’s side. Ga On finally trusts Yo Han, and the show is so much better for it!

2. Family bonding

Spoiler

Ga On takes a while to switch loyalties, but when he does, he gives his heart without reservation. Gone are the arguments and the physical fights. Instead, Ga On starts to heal Yo Han’s fractured family by bringing them together to help them understand that Yo Han isn’t a monster.

He determinedly cooks a full course meal and insists that Yo Han come home to enjoy it, that they all sit at the table like a family. Yo Han’s reaction is priceless, going from confusion to a genuine smile. Dinner is an easy, happy affair, and for the first time, Yo Han visibly relaxes. These two are so good for each other!

Ga On’s efforts aren’t one-sided either. Yo Han’s always needed someone to lean on, and as Ga On continues to brighten his house, Yo Han finally drops his guard and lets himself be vulnerable in front of the other man. The proud, reserved judge who kept calling himself a monster actually cries in front of Gaon, and instead of suspicion, Ga On responds with concern.

Yo Han goes from a man who distrusts and dislikes people to someone who smiles more, is more playful around Ga On, and trusts him with everything. Their growing trust and Yo Han’s corresponding character growth is heartwarming.

So, it’s no great surprise that when Ga On needs him, Yo Han steps up and stands by his side.

3. A return to revenge

Spoiler

Soohyun might have stopped Ga On from vengeance the first time around, but that desire didn’t vanish. Ga On buried it deep, covering it with half-baked ideas about faith in the system, justice, and hope. But Yo Han awoke that desire again and unleashed a part of Ga On that surprised them both.

Who would have expected Ga On to barge into Doh Young Choon’s (Jung Eun Pyo) home and start strangling him in front of his wife and daughter? Who would have expected that Yo Han would be the one pulling Ga On away from Doh Young Choon? Ga On panics when it seems that Yo Han’s about to burn down the house with Doh Young Choon’s family inside, but when Yohan tells Ga On to wait, to listen, and to trust him, Ga On does just that. And we witness vengeance on an epic scale.

It is sheer brilliance watching Doh Young Choon, who choses money over his family, realize the money was fake, and lose his family anyway. Yo Han’s a master at crafting the perfect punishment, and he pulls out all stops here with creating one that allows Ga On to keep his conscience clear and finally have justice. But most importantly, Yo Han gives Ga On the choice Soohyun took away, and Ga On makes the decision to walk away from revenge. Not because anyone is forcing him, but because he wants to.

Ga On returning the victims’ money with the sweetest smile on his face is cathartic, and it further demonstrates that this happy ending isn’t something the system would ever have permitted. But working outside the system with Yo Han allowed him to bring justice to so many people. It’s vigilante justice of the best sort and only brings our favorite duo closer together.

4. The trial of a patriot

Spoiler

“The Devil Judge” remains unafraid of tackling difficult topics, and this week, the show focuses on nationalism. We’ve seen errant would-be patriots running amok for the past couple of weeks with Kim Choongsik’s Juk Chang TV inciting people to fever pitch and carry out mob assaults of people who aren’t Korean. While the arguments made by Choongsik and President Heo Joong Se (Baek Hyun Jin) aren’t unfamiliar to western audiences, this is a bold topic to discuss in a country like Korea, which traditionally wasn’t a multi-ethnic community and is now reckoning with migration.

Ga On and Soohyun head in to arrest Choongsik with tech-savvy Elijah’s help, but they quickly find themselves in a pinch facing Choongsik’s gang of mobsters. Which, of course, is when Ga On’s partner makes his entrance to save the day.

Yo Han’s motto clearly is that anyone who touches Ga On chooses death. It’s adorable.

At this point, these two are unstoppable. Ga On voluntarily participates in rigging Choongsik’s trial, and even tells Yo Han to leave him to handle this one. Yo Han looks absolutely smitten with Ga On’s enthusiasm.

It’s even more hilarious when they’re in the courtroom, where Ga On unleashes his plan, and Yo Han sits back with a delighted smile. This time, it’s Ga On crafting a punishment, and the show’s commentary on social media and nationalism is beautifully woven in. Choongsik might have gotten popular with the anti-immigration, racist, and misogynistic ideals promoted by the president, but he kept that popularity by building a cult of personality as a patriot, an upstanding proud citizen. Ga On knows that trying to convince Choongsik’s supporters that racism and misogyny is wrong is a waste of time. Judge Oh Jin Joo (Kim Jaekyung) tries to do just that with her beautiful, impassioned speech and fails. Instead, Ga On strips away Choongsik’s online persona and reduces it to ribbons.

Proud patriot? More like thieving streamer. For his finishing blow, Ga On lines up the female streamer on whom Choongsik blew all the funds his followers donated, and the man is done for. He wants attention? He’ll get it until the end of his days now, as all of Korea will always know where he is. It’s a punishment so vindictively fitting that it’s almost a surprise that Ga On participated in coming up with it. But Ga On is no longer the uptight man of the early episodes. And some people are finding that harder to absorb than others.

5. Ga On versus Soohyun

Spoiler

The deeper Ga On gets involved with Yo Han, the more he withdraws from Soohyun. And she’s starting to notice. Her words used to heavily influence him. That shared philosophy and belief in the system, in seeing life as black and white, is what kept them friends for so long. But Ga On’s moved away from that world, and the day is coming when his path will no longer be able to intersect with Soohyun’s.

It’s official. We have a love triangle.

The first indication of this came as early as when Soohyun was in the hospital and asked what Yo Han was up to, and Ga On changed the subject. But it’s getting blatant now. Ga On shows up at the precinct to ask for advice before going to Doh Young Choon, but promptly disregards that advice. She tells him that she’d arrest him if he ever did something illegal, and he goes and strangles Doh Young Choon anyway. He rigs trials now and bribes Cha Kyung Hee’s (Jang Young Nam) secretary with Yo Han’s ingots. Soohyun would be horrified, and Ga On knows this, but he doesn’t stop.

Soohyun pokes fun at him living in a big house with a grumpy ahjusshi and an equally prickly teenager, but Ga On immediately lumps himself with them by saying he’s just as strange. He defends Yo Han, saying that the older man had nothing while he had good memories of his parents, a good house of his own, and…

By the look on his face, he doesn’t know how long he can keep that friendship alive. But this is still cathartic in the sense that maturity brings this pain. Sometimes people grow apart, and Ga On’s coming to the bitter realization that this might be the case. Unless Soohyun somehow comes to realize that the world isn’t black and white, this is a bond that’s doomed to break.

6. Sun Ah being handled by Yo Han

Spoiler

Sun Ah (Kim Min Jung) deserves a treatise of her own. What makes her so compelling is that childish sweetness and her protectiveness of women. Kim Min Jung hits it out of the park as usual. Sun Ah’s the mirror image of Yo Han, lonely and traumatized, but where Yo Han has a family now, Sun Ah has no one. Yo Han was her goal because he’s a symbol of the life she always wanted, but it’s telling that she’s lonely despite having ascended to the top. So her eyes remain on Yo Han, as though having him by her side (or rather under her thumb) is the answer to her emptiness.

Yo Han sees this and acquiesces. He plays along, drops to informal language around her, and is quite the gentleman (Ji Sung is so, so swoonworthy!). Sun Ah delights at the attention (who wouldn’t!) and actually trusts Yo Han to follow her orders regarding the live trial so she leaves him alone. However, she makes the mistake of revealing a weakness when she reacts to Yo Han wondering if she really wants to return to the house in which she was a maid.

The angry tears in Sun Ah’s eyes as she says she was merely a short-term guest in that house shows that she still hates being reminded of how poor she was in the past. And Yo Han naturally seizes on that weakness. Sun Ah’s rage upon discovering that Yo Han’s leaked it to Cha Kyung Hee is a marvel to behold. We finally see why Sun Ah never wanted anyone to know. Kyung Hee goes from treating her like a formidable rival to treating her like garbage. In the eyes of the elite, Sun Ah’s power is somehow lesser because she wasn’t born into it. Her position as queen of the mountain has already begun to shake.

We’ve never seen her this angry, and as Yo Han smoothly wraps up the trial, having won this round, Sun Ah vows revenge.

Next week shows Cha Kyung Hee clandestinely meeting Yo Han with a gun in her pocket, Yo Han playing along with Sun Ah for some mysterious plan, and Ga On running like his life depends on it. With the trial over and no looming cases, there are no clues for what all this could mean. Our corruption-fighting duo has had too many victories though – the clock is ticking on their luck and it might run out next week!

But regardless of what happens, may Ga On and Yo Han’s bond continue to reign supreme, because this jealousy and domesticity is too cute.

ji-sung-jinyoung-21.gif

Edited by Chocolate
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 4
1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

I was quite shocked by Sun Ah. She has been portrayed as a "ditzy" woman who has the brains to plot and scheme. All around her love for Master Yohan. Although she killed SRF Chairman Seo, perhaps because he had raped her, I found that less horrific than her killing of Yo Han's right hand man. They are really building her up to be an all out villian. I guess she was really angry realising she was being played by Yo Han when she was trying so hard to persuade the President Group of her plan to rope him in.

I actually thought her aim was to kill Yo Han, not his right hand man. The Clown & et al. were clear they want Yo Han dead. Although not killing Yo Han can be explained as "because the show must go on" or she plans to torture him first by having him witness all of his loved ones' being killed first and he is the last. If that's the case, then ok, totally makes sense.

I'm not too sure about CJ Min. His statement at the hospital bed blaming Yo Han seems like he has already set his mind. Even Ga On couldn't get a word in. Plus he is a CJ. He knows that the judiciary has not been able to give fair sentences and are biased to the rich. Ga On has told him so too. He has also seen all the live court cases. At his level, he shouldn't need convincing by anyone.

I think it's similar to the debate of Bluebird team vs the Prosecutor in Taxi Driver. It's not because he doesn't know it, it is more like he believes justice should be served by abiding the law. His character is not fleshed out well. It's disappointing since actor Ahn Nae Sang could contribute so much more to the drama. It's not very clear how much power he has in the organisation because Yo Han gets his live show approvals from the other guy, not him, so I always think he's not so high up in the rank even if the title is Chief Justice (the other guy is also Chief Justice according to AsianWiki) - maybe a limitation when translating Korean ranks to English.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Insightful 5
13 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I actually thought her aim was to kill Yo Han, not his right hand man. The Clown & et al. were clear they want Yo Han dead. Although not killing Yo Han can be explained as "because the show must go on" or she plans to torture him first by having him witness all of his loved ones' being kill first and then he will be the last. If that's the case, then ok, totally makes sense.

I think as far as her psychotic personality allows, Sun Ah loves Yo Han. I just wrote this somewhere else, but you could see she was a bit worried when he got shot. Maybe like she says, she is killing the people around him so that he will get so lonely that he will join her. In her delusional mind, maybe she is really hoping that the two of them can rule together.

Before he was shot, remember she asked him why he is going against her when she can give him much more. And he says he doesn't need more. Then she understood that he wanted to destroy everything. And she makes a good point - more thrash will just replace the old thrash so what's the point.

13 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I think it's similar to the debate of Bluebird team vs the Prosecutor in Taxi Driver. It's not because he doesn't know it, it is more like he believes justice should be served by one abiding by the law. His character is not fleshed out well. It's disappointing since actor Ahn Nae Sang could contribute so much more to the drama. It's not very clear how much power he has in the organisation because Yo Han gets his live show approvals from the other guy, not him, so I always think he's not so high up in the rank even if the title is Chief Justice (the other guy is also Chief Justice according to AsianWiki) - maybe a limitation when translating Korean ranks to English.

Not that I'm wishing this, but if CJ MIn is meant to have a bigger role in this drama, maybe something will happen to his family and he will be able to see the "truth" like the others and join Yo Han / Ga On.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

IQIYI subs was thug  which I supposed refer to Soo Hyun.

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

I actually thought her aim was to kill Yo Han, not his right hand man. The Clown & et al. were clear they want Yo Han dead. Although not killing Yo Han can be explained as "because the show must go on" or she plans to torture him first by having him witness all of his loved ones' being kill first and then he will be the last. If that's the case, then ok, totally makes sense.

I think as far as her psychotic personality allows, Sun Ah loves Yo Han. I just wrote this somewhere else, but you could see she was a bit worried when he got shot. Maybe like she says, she is killing the people around him so that he will get so lonely that he will join her. In her delusional mind, maybe she is really hoping that the two of them can rule together.

Yes, agreed. She was hoping ( against her better judgement ) that YoHan was truly wanting to take on the world with her . In her own twisted way she "loves" YoHan. Even in eps 11 , she mentioned to her assistant that YoHan is not even hiding the fact that he was "toying" with ( I  paraphrased it here) . But just for awhile she just wanted to go along with it. She desires YoHan as much as she desires those shiny things. YoHan knows that he is her weakness. 

But sadly this is the end of my crack ship.....  

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611dfd48073cf8fc6f928

(now let me go and cry in the corner)

• Haha 5

So many of the more established actors are setting up their own agencies. Is it that easy?

a6c21d79257b49e49687cb6bfe785936.jpeg?s=

Ji Sung Leaves Namoo Actors After 11 Years

Aug 10, 2021 by D. Kim

Ji Sung has parted ways with his agency of 11 years.

On August 10, industry representatives reported that the actor’s contract with Namoo Actors has ended.

In response to the reports, Namoo Actors confirmed, “Our exclusive contract with Ji Sung has expired.” The agency added, “However, we will provide support with tasks such as promotions and content for the remainder of the tvN Saturday-Sunday drama ‘The Devil Judge.'”

According to reports, Ji Sung is debating whether to go to a different agency or to start his own agency with his manager.

Ji Sung first signed with Namoo Actors in 2010 and has continuously impressed with various projects, even receiving Daesang (the Grand Prize) for “Kill Me Heal Me” in 2015 and “Defendant” in 2017. He is currently starring in the tvN drama “The Devil Judge.”

Source

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 2

b8b4b5a8cd7d45a09d619793190365c2.jpeg?s=

3 Characters To Remain Suspicious Of In “The Devil Judge”

Aug 10, 2021 by S. Nam

Questions still remain unanswered in tvN’s “The Devil Judge”!

“The Devil Judge” is a drama set in an alternate-universe, dystopian version of Korea where the entire nation participates in a trial through a live broadcast courtroom show. Ji Sung stars as Kang Yo Han, a head judge with mysterious intentions: is he a hero of the people in a world filled with chaos, or is he a devil who wears the mask of the law?

Spoilers

As the drama progresses, viewers have been increasingly suspicious and curious about judge Oh Jin Joo (Kim Jae Kyung), Supreme Court justice Min Jung Ho (Ahn Nae Sang), and the president Heo Joong Se (Baek Hyun Jin).

Oh Jin Joo, who had been chosen as a judge for the trial courts, seemed approachable at first despite her luxurious appearance because of her easygoing personality and the fact that she didn’t hide the truth that she came from a poor background. She also revealed that she is a huge fan of Kang Yo Han and confessed that she felt emotional just to have the same views as him on judicial reform. Furthermore, Oh Jin Joo stood on the side of the victims during trial and deeply sympathized with them while showing no mercy to the accused.

However, as she receives more of the spotlight and garners the nation’s interest, her actions are becoming increasingly strange. This has been largely influenced by the social responsibility foundation’s executive director Jung Sun Ah (Kim Min Jung), who has continued to express interest in Oh Jin Joo while telling her that she shines the brightest. Jung Sun Ah’s words began to affect Oh Jin Joo, causing her to suspect Kang Yo Han’s every action and take Jung Sun Ah’s side. Viewers are curious to learn about Oh Jin Joo’s sincere feelings following her complete change from the beginning of the show.

Kim-Jae-Kyung.jpg

Supreme Court justice Min Jung Ho, who planted Kim Ga On (GOT7’s Jinyoung) to keep an eye on Kang Yo Han, has brought great confusion to viewers. Min Jung Ho tried to use Kim Ga On to gain more information on Kang Yo Han, referring to him as “a monster born from anarchy.” Although Kim Ga On looked at Kang Yo Han with bias at first, Kim Ga On began to judge for himself rather than in the direction others wanted him to while spending more time together with Kang Yo Han. This caused an inevitable gap in opinions to grow between him and Min Jung Ho, who was like a mentor and parent to him.

Min Jung Ho detected Kim Ga On’s wavering feelings and secretly asked which side he is going to stand on. Eventually, Kim Ga On conveyed his intent to dissolve the trial courts. He couldn’t help but be disappointed at Min Jung Ho for placing the blame on Kang Yo Han for inciting the public, and Kim Ga On expressed that he would take Kang Yo Han’s side. This confirmed that Min Ho Jung would be walking a completely different path from Kang Yo Han and Kim Ga On, making viewers curious about how they’ll face each other in the future.

Ahn-Nae-Sang.jpg

Snagging the presidency after his one-man broadcast blew up, Heo Joong Se, who is known for his theatrical tone of voice and excessive body language, is being constantly pressured by Kang Yo Han. Although he pretends to act for the people’s sake, he has lost sight of himself due to his desire for power and greed and has been doing anything he can to keep his position.

Furthermore, he had been accomplishing his goal by putting forward Juk Chang (Lee Hae Woon), who incited the public by indiscriminately committing violence in the guise of justice, but that move was stopped by Kang Yo Han and Kim Ga On. As if completely forgetting his past of supporting Juk Chang, Heo Joong Se angrily stated that they should suspect whether Juk Chang is really Korean, and he acted like a dirty opportunist without any loyalty. Viewers are curious to find out if Heo Joong Se, who cuts off anything that won’t benefit him, will be able to take on Kang Yo Han.

Baek-Hyun-Jin.jpg

The upcoming decisions made by Oh Jin Joo, Min Jung Ho, and Heo Joong Se could influence whether or not Kang Yo Han and Kim Ga On will succeed in their plans.

Keep watching the drama to find out who will come out on top!

Source

• Like 5

Just finished ep.11 and started ep.12... Gosh, why do I feel so frustrated with Soo Hyun? This is the second time she made me pause my watching to come here and rant. Why did she have to let Yohan and Ga On leave the scene? Just let them stay there and go through the investigation as it is. If I were Yohan and Ga On, I wouldn't leave as asked either. It's so easy to prove that it was indeed a suicide. And why did she have to wipe away Ga On's palm print on the table? O right, because she let that person leave the suicide scene.... arghhh, #pullingmyhair.... I can't remember but I think someone mentioned that something bad might happen to Soo Hyun down the road. I think so too. I feel bad for her and Ga On, but it does seem that she is going to encounter some bad stuff and might even be sacrificed in the process. Ga On should let her in with what he is doing. What she doesn't know, will hurt her... arghhh...

Did I miss something? What's wrong with Yohan and Ga On being in Cha's office? Why is it such a big deal that they're the first to discover the body? 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears

@ktcjdrama I think it is risky for them being there on the scene of Cha's suicide bcs Gaon already touched her dead body to seek the data that she collected & leave fingerprints on her, even though I agree if the investigation run, I think the gun is totally in her hold (so its only her fingerprints so that would be ok?) but before that scene, we know that Cha was head to head hearing with Yohan in live court so it will be not good at the media if Yohan was in the office(?)

• Like 5

G O O D  V I B E S