The Devil Judge / Devilish Judge 악마판사 [2021]

Darkarcana

31 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Woah. Turns out she was the maid who likes Yohan back then?!

Yes. She was the one that jumped from 2nd floor right? He made her do it. The kiss cut off to fast. I cannot tell if he will kiss back :smug:...some S&M stuff here going on I am telling you.

Cute these two!

For @im0202 ...BL theme :MewWave:

Written preview

• Haha 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Episode 5

Another excellent and engaging episode. But, is Ga On not going home anymore? LOL. He's fully recovered; getting a bit thick-face now to continue staying at the mansion. The irony and what's funny is, he seems too at ease now being part of the family. Even the A.I. is addressing him as Master of the house.  I feel sad for Soo Hyun:lmao2: 

Oh right, I finally got to see the opening credit of the drama and I love it. It's so The Dark Knight. And LOL, the beginning scene is already the abs scene. I did wonder why Ji Sung has to be shirtless in that scene but I figured the PD wanted to show the cross mark on his back vs Isaac / fire (as well as show us in 40s men can have great bod & abs too, and make the whale dance).

It's interesting that Yo Han thinks of controlling Ga On with his sad backstory. Just when he thought he had Ga On in the palm of his hands and the next he jumps and reacts to Ga On and Ga On knows it too. Ga On has the upperhand in the mansion bearing Isaac's face. Yo Han's façade is faltering as Ga On gets to know more of him and his family.

That dream sequence* seems so real that I really thought Yo Han did it but then it was also weird since I was spoiled last night fully knowing the defendant will be sent to the US prison. I thought Yo Han castrated him first and then sent him there to have his behind bloomed daisies.

*Netizens were commenting that the writer Moon Yoo Seok must not be able to do it in real life (he was formally a judge) so he let loose in the drama. Haha. The world will indeed be a safer place for women and kids if sex offenders were indeed castrated.

Perhaps Elijah and Yo Han's relationship isn't as bad as we have seen since she was the one who helped Yo Han find this prison. I'm so curious how these two even come together and discuss about this case in the first place given the hostility. For Elijah to make this efforts show us she does care about Yo Han. I really want to know more about this uncle/niece pairing. Issac is a bit weird for me to be honest since he's the one grooming Yo Han by giving him books about "crime and punishment" at a very young age.

It was nice we have a short flashback to Ga On's past and awww to Soo Hyun's reason for wanting to be a police. Damn it these two doesn't get together by the end of the show, I'd be very disappointed with the writer.

And WOW to the revelation of the ending scene. I so did not expect Sun Ah to be the young maid. Plus with the setting of that room, she seems to be crazy. That's like a recreation of the interior of the mansion and Yo Han's room. Is she obsessed with Yo Han all this time? Or did she decorated the place so that she could incarcerate him there when the time comes? Still spell pretty psychotic to me.

@Chocolate Do you still dislike actress Kim Min Jung? I thought she's doing a fantastic job and didn't mind her getting on top of Ji Sung :smug: or is it because he's your Oppa now, so hands off...?

Next episode seems like Yo Han is being framed for corruption/bribery ...? Sun Ah is extending her evil hands on Judge Jin Joo. At first I thought whether writer is a female because it seems like the (evil) women are joining hands and is heading towards women empowerment. Sun Ah joining hands with Minister of Justice Cha Kyung Hee. Her spy / lackey on the black bike is a woman too. But I think it's a male writer so I am not so sure what he is cooking up.

Interesting. So this is set in the future and the poster mentioned Ga On is at least 30 years old. Not so sure why that's shocking but perhaps this poster is Jin Young's fan.

LOL @abs-oluteM I don't think Yo Han will be kissing her back

E6jN_EXVkAAL5mg?format=jpg&name=large

• Insightful 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

ahahaha I am going to watch now....

22 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@Chocolate Do you still dislike actress Kim Min Jung? I thought she's doing a fantastic job and didn't mind her getting on top of Ji Sung :smug: or is it because he's your Oppa now, so hands off...?

giphy.gif?cid=790b76119c77f1fda1ef948e67 

I like her here in My Fellow Citizens as the villain. She was good. 

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@abs-oluteM True. I like her in My Fellow Citizens too. She was funny (and good).

I love the pre-release cut so much. Dunno what the housekeeper said at the end of the clip but she looks astoundingly hurt! They are now behaving differently to what we were shown before! Yo Han is literally running away from her nagging but still make sure his mouth is stuffed full with Ga On's cooking :lmao2: I love these two uncle and niece, jjinja.

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

@Chocolate Do you still dislike actress Kim Min Jung? I thought she's doing a fantastic job and didn't mind her getting on top of Ji Sung or is it because he's your Oppa now, so hands off...?

LOL @abs-oluteM I don't think Yo Han will be kissing her back

Hahaha, I still don't like her. I like the show but every time I see her, I wish it was another actress lol. I literally just blank her out.

She plays the role in a coquettish manner, which I am not sure is necessary and also feel she cannot pull off as a person with power - instead she seems more suitable to be a secretary trying to be sexy (and failing) and sleep with her boss to the top. A bit harsh, but I need to rant after watching her for 5 episodes!

She's goldfish sucking on him 😭 I don't think he likes it... 😂

This from @im0202 :lol:

• Haha 4

Oh yeah totally forgot to mention how funny of Yo Han's expression when he sees his fans vs Ga On's fans. Hahahaha. The smile he got over seeing Ga On's fans felt like a brother is fond to see the public loves "his brother" Ga On. And then he looks at his own...he's all :psweatduck:

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 4

Just got off Eps 5. I really likes today's case . You know I kept asking myself what I would have done if I were one of the judges - castrate or not? If I were to think from the victim's perspective, it is definitely a yes from me. I could even argue that it would set an example for other rapists. However , if I were to look at the big picture,  I don't  know if such draconian forms of  punishment will ultimately reduce such crime.  I read in an article from the UN that it is "the certainty to punishment rather than the severity of it " that acts as a deterrent . So you can see the conflict in arriving at the decision. Definitely  very smart of Sun A to push Yo Han into a corner like this. 

What is very interesting is this - clearly all the movers & shakers  backed this live trial programme did it thinking they could use Yo Han and create political spins in their favour. But of course, as they discovered in the previous case involving the minister's son, Yo Han is not someone they could easily control. What angered YoHan more was that this case and the prosecutor's requests were Sun A and Minister Cha's way of putting him in his place. But of course he outwitted them all with his judgement. ( For a while I was wondering why Elijah were talking to prison folks in Texas . LOL! ) 

Also, it was nice to see some of Ga On's back story. He was somewhat a troubled teenager and Min Jung Ho was like his father apart from being his mentor. Staying with YoHan has somewhat deterred Ga On from his original "mission" which was to be Min Jung Ho's eyes and ears. So who would he come to support what Yo Han does? Whatever it is , Ga On's overstay has had a positive effect on this  "family's " strained relationships ever since the fire. 

(pssttt....when I was watching the 1st few minutes of JiSung's fan service abs scene, I kept thinking how lucky LBY is to come home to this ! :smile:)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I couldn't wait till tomorrow so I search for translation of the pre-release cut. I'm shocked that neither Jin Young's or Ji Sung's fans did a hardsubbed on the video! But I manage to find a text translation and got a better understanding of what they said. Hehe.

Yo Han tells Ga On that he can't really taste the flavour. He mentioned again here but as we know he and niece happily ate everything Ga On made. So this made me think that perhaps Yo Han lost his taste for food when Issac died. I don't think he lost his sense of taste but rather life became so bitter that nothing taste delicious anymore. However, with Ga On - his resemblance to Issac brought joy/life back to the house, which is why Yo Han could now taste the flavour of the food...?

So I don't think Yo Han dislikes the housekeeper's cooking, rather it may have been because there's no point for her to cook when he couldn't eat happily before.

@im0202 I love this scene. So happy to see a cut like this. Technically all three of them are orphans and lonely so it is nice that in the end they became family. The only issue I see here is Elijah may not be very friendly towards Soo Hyun. She looks like she has a crush on Ga On in the cut, lol! I hope they don't go there. It would be weird to like the guy who resemble her father although there's always that saying the daughter tends to marry a man that reminds them of her father.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

Ha! Elijah asked what their relationship is. Ga On hesitates & didn't want to say it. Soo Hyun says chingu. Heh. Ga On...😏

@abs-oluteM

That scene you've posted is because Soo Hyun was attacked. I suspect it was by Sun Ah's secretary and because she made Ga On doubt Yo Han so Ga On was angry at Yo Han...hence the fight. Him calling Soo Hyunnie and his reaction lol...whatever it is, I need this ship to sail. 🛳

• Haha 4
13 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Him calling Soo Hyunnie and his reaction lol...whatever it is, I need this ship to sail. 🛳

Awwwww ....I really like them too. She even became a cop to protect him. Aiyo , we definitely need some progress. But I am a bit worried that something bad will happen to her. Especially after eps 5 when Ga On told her not to be such a good cop and for once just overlook things and not investigate it herself. 

• Like 3

Hahahah. I am so happy with episode 6. The ending was smoking! But the beginning - Sun Ah from a young age is already a vain and materialistic girl. A thief too! And though she said she liked Yo Han, she tried to blame him for the missing items. So she's beyond redemption. Yo Han also knows what she is from young. So nope, no romance there. Whew! I think Yo Han is repulsed by her (glee!)

Soo Hyun, I am neutral to her. But she's not a very good cop? She keeps following the wrong trails and making the wrong assumptions. She already has a target in mind and twists all the clues to point to that target - Yo Han. Plus she tried to get info from Elijah against Yo Han - that's quite cruel considering she just met the girl and Ga On was introducing them hoping they will be friends. Glad Elijah had the presence of mind not to trust so easily - though she doubts Yo Han, she loves him.

Love this OST you posted @mademoiselle

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

Hahahah. I am so happy with episode 6. The ending was smoking! But the beginning - Sun Ah from a young age is already a vain and materialistic girl. A thief too! And though she said she liked Yo Han, she tried to blame him for the missing items. So she's beyond redemption. Yo Han also knows what she is from young. So nope, no romance there. Whew! I think Yo Han is repulsed by her (glee!)

baahahahahaha...I thought of you when I saw the part! I was like Choco will be happy he didn't kiss back and was disgusted. Yes, Sun A is the ultimate villain in this drama manipulating behind the scenes and taking advantage of the greed and selfish ambition of the rest who support the foundation. 

Eps 6 was another solid fast moving episode. For me now,  the main draw of this show is the showdown between YoHan  and SunA's gang. One of my favorite lines from Minister Cha was that in the court of public opinion, evidence is not as important storytelling. It is true - that's why  in politics, the spin is so important. But I think Cha really underestimated YoHan .  In that ending reveal ,  he not only cleared himself of his alleged bribery but he is now involving the public to help him with finding evidence.  While I will give him the benefit of the doubt that genuinely helped the witness , there's no denying that he was clever in how he presented it to the viewers securing their support and trust. 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Sun Ah is dangerous. She's intelligent too. But like I said before, she is in the dark and Yo Han is in the light. Yo Han has weakness and that's Elijah and now Ga On. Did you guys notice he couldn't punch Ga On? — because he has Issac's face. He was so obvious with his outburst at Soo Hyun about Elijah; I can only pray Sun Ah's spies didn't see this.

The happiness of having breakfast together (that breakfast looked more like lunch) was so short-lived. I need more of it! And what's funny is how did Ga On cooked up a storm so quickly when all Elijah asked for is to add hot water into her instant ramyeon. Those dishes would at least take an hour or more to make unless he's already prepared them and was just waiting to serve them.

I thought Yo Han was being too confident attending the invitation from Sun Ah alone and he should've known better not to get out of the car when he arrived at that location given. Look too dangerous and shady. Indeed he underestimated Sun Ah. But at least her identity is revealed to him now and he'll be careful from now on. The question now is whether he knows she's the hidden big bad boss of the foundation.

I love the Minister of Justice Cha Kyung Hee. She is so badass. She's always has been a good actress who can be good as well as bad.

I'm ok with Soo Hyun. I don't think her doubts were wrong since Yo Han himself isn't clean and law abiding. She has to investigate and clear her suspicion before she can move on to the next target. At this moment, Yo Han is easily misunderstood than Sun Ah since she's so pretentious. Perhaps now that Yo Han threw the baits to the public (and her), she would also look into the Foundation (plus she now knows from Ga On the Foundation paid the shady police).

Vlog by Jin Young on the set of The Devil Judge

Jin Young's fans will be very happy. There were so much Jin Young swooning on Twitter when the show is on. It's so hard to filter through what I wanna see LOL

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1