The Devil Judge / Devilish Judge 악마판사 [2021]

Darkarcana

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

There were so much Jin Young swooning on Twitter when the show is on. It's so hard to filter through what I wanna see LOL

Hahahah yes I face the same problem when I’m trying to scroll for spoilers on the bird app cos I can’t wait for the subs😂 I tried the hashtag for Jisung but it’s even worse cos there’s some idol group with a Jisung also... I’m so OOTL for kpop lol.

In the behind-the-scenes where Jinyoung and the actress (lady judge) were teaching Jisung some korean slang words, Jisung looked so clueless and done😂 But Jinyoung said he has to know this kinda language if he wants to hang out with kids lol.

I love love love the music they have used in the drama this far. There’s one orchestral piece that’s very epic sounding which reminds me of the Inception theme. I think maybe because the chord progression is similar. Not sure if it’s just me who finds the music similar.

Edit: Found a short version of the bgm I was talking about:

Episode 6 ending gave me the chills. It’s WAR!!!

Edited by im0202
  • Haha 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
3 hours ago, im0202 said:

Hahahah yes I face the same problem when I’m trying to scroll for spoilers on the bird app cos I can’t wait for the subs😂 I tried the hashtag for Jisung but it’s even worse cos there’s some idol group with a Jisung also... I’m so OOTL for kpop lol.

Face the same problem too here.

It is really challenging! LOL @mademoiselle @im0202

And truuu how they arrange music with scenes is *chef's kiss. It is carry the show

Haven't watched ep. 5-6 yet. I'm going to catch up :JuiceGhost:

• Haha 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

You guys are so funny. Shouldn't you be avoiding all spoilers instead of hunting for it 🤣

I've been watching "Miss Hammurabi", since it is the same writer. The first 2 episodes were quite funny but then it slowed and the cases don't get resolved sometimes. Fast forwarding to the end. Glad that "Devil Judge" is so much better but I think a lot of it is because of Ji Sung.

• Haha 4
1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

You guys are so funny. Shouldn't you be avoiding all spoilers instead of hunting for it 🤣

For me I can’t help it cos the 6 days wait is so loooong. So I just scroll bird app before going to sleep to see if anything earth-shattering happens at the episode ending 😂

But most of the stuff (videos, pics) are about Ga-on so I just skip those. I am not shy to admit I’m solely watching for Jisung only lol. I’m even watching Dr. John now to make the time feel like it’s passing faster hahahhaha. Doing a lot of FF-ing though.

• Haha 4

Ya @Chocolate @im0202 Ji Sung is aging like fine wine!!!!! 

Drama at #3 and Ji Sung at the top of Good Data Rankings

Spoiler

Ooo , interesting observation

--------------

Hmm I wonder if Yo Han is aware that Sun A is the real puppet master behind the foundation? I should think he has some inkling. Some felt he doesn't because she wasn't one of those charged during the live trial. I suppose he is exposing first all those who are public figures.  Minister Cha knows it for sure , but doesn't care as long as her own objectives are met. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Star Struck 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Hmm I wonder if Yo Han is aware that Sun A is the real puppet master behind the foundation? I should think he has some inkling. Some felt he doesn't because she wasn't one of those charged during the live trial. I suppose he is exposing first all those who are public figures.  Minister Cha knows it for sure , but doesn't care as long as her own objectives are met. 

I’m thinking that Yo-han is biding his time with Sun-ah first. I think he will either:

1) Expose her last (which makes Sun-ah the big bad)

2) Work with her to get rid of the fraudster five.

I’m still not sure what Sun-ah’s big plan is. Remains to be seen, though episode 6 seems to show that she’s in it for the $$$ (or anything that glitters) too.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 3

After watching ep. 5-6 I have mixed feelings about the show.

Do you have ticklish feeling when the live court is going on, that it is more and more like reality show, and how it cooks up, they are all bare and crazy. The nation is really run by clowns politicians. It makes me laugh and think, yes of course this is dystopian fiction.. But when compare to how politics are playing here in reality, I have a wonder 'it can be.. It really is possible run by clowns'. The sickness level make the show funny in dark way and entertaining. So dramatic.. Crazy.. And flamboyant Yohan. Hahaha.

I thought Yohan will be portrait as colder blooded. After Gaon lives together, he actually a softie when it comes to Isaac related. But the writer seems cooks up the Bambi (YES I'm with Chocolate somehow it is so eye hurting to see her on screen with her total round eyes and extra, I even still not remember her name so I'm gonna call her bambi here) woman statement "is he really doesn't have any wishes to protect other?" as just an act.

So then they give us these fluff & heart warming characteristic of him by eat together scene, tripped from wheelchair while putting on the blanket to Elijah, etc.. It's suspicious how easy it is, but if it really is, kind of let down because so guessable for the viewer.

Also there is open possibility as ep. 6 introduce another layer about Bambi. She has motives to climb for the highest (women supremacy thing). Or she already is? Will her big picture motive meet with Yohan so they will make alliance or still as opposite? Is there will be a gripping twist with these? I'm not sure.

How long Gaon will stay with the household.. For research purpose? Why Yohan seems so carefree about it though.. There are some points missing here and there left unexplained. Is it me being impatient or less concentrate while watching? I worry myself for missing the details. Lol.

And.. Gaon is such observer. When the court live was on I'm waiting for him to say something but his role by far on the scene is meeting the eyes in the room, especially Yohan. Kind of make his character is boring to me. But it is interesting on the preview Yohan will open the old case related to Gaon's fam.

On 7/19/2021 at 1:44 PM, Chocolate said:

Soo Hyun, I am neutral to her. But she's not a very good cop? She keeps following the wrong trails and making the wrong assumptions. She already has a target in mind and twists all the clues to point to that target - Yo Han. Plus she tried to get info from Elijah against Yo Han - that's quite cruel considering she just met the girl and Ga On was introducing them hoping they will be friends. Glad Elijah had the presence of mind not to trust so easily - though she doubts Yo Han, she loves him.

and I'm agree with this thinking about Soohyun. 

The two (Soohyun with Gaon) are really cute tho. I'm kind hoping Soohyun would not die for sacrifice in the show.

btw Sushi @Darkarcanaare you not watching this?? Jisung here reminds me a loooot of combination of his acts in KMHM, legend :brb:

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
  • Party! 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

53 minutes ago, bairama said:

I thought Yohan will be portrait as colder blooded. After Gaon lives together, he actually a softie when it comes to Isaac related. But the writer seems cooks up the Bambi (YES I'm with Chocolate somehow it is so eye hurting to see her on screen with her total round eyes and extra, I even still not remember her name so I'm gonna call her bambi here) woman statement "is he really doesn't have any wishes to protect other?" as just an act.

So then they give us these fluff & heart warming characteristic of him by eat together scene, tripped from wheelchair while putting on the blanket to Elijah, etc.. It's suspicious how easy it is, but if it really is, kind of let down because so guessable for the viewer.

I feel like this Yo-han character is kinda similar to Vincenzo. At first they are portrayed as ruthless characters, but another side of them (the softer side) gradually emerges with their found family. However, they can still be ruthless / colder when the need arises. 
I admit I do want to see more of the cold-blooded Yo-han. Didn’t get enough of that version yet 😅 Softie Yo-han is so 🥺 but the ‘devil’ Yo-han is hottt hehe.

• Haha 2
  • Tasty 1

@bairama Hahaha Bambi. I never thought she has Bambi's eyes. Ever since I first knew her, I thought she has goldfish eyes. Her real name is Kim Min Jung.

I'm with you @im0202 and I also think it is because his family hasn't been under threat yet.

@Chocolate I tried Ms. Hammurabi as well but fell asleep a few times and decided to give up. Good judges is definitely not as engaging as evil judges. Haha. The only thing I remember the most from that drama is when FL tried to make a point and dressed all covered up like an Arabic woman to work.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
33 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@bairama Hahaha Bambi. I never thought she has Bambi's eyes. Ever since I first knew her, I thought she has goldfish eyes. Her real name is Kim Min Jung.

No problem with Kim Minjung. My problem is with Sunah (finally got remember this character name lol). Omg she is so annoying to look at. A success indeed for making the role unfavorable. Hahaha

• Haha 4

G O O D  V I B E S  

Currently on episode 2, not reading the spoilers. Just needed to say I sense  am watching one of the characters Ji sung portrayed in Kill Me Heal Me.  Hard to forget that drama.  he was so magnificent in his diverse portrayals. When he was speed racing, I immediately had the vision of his bad boy character from the former show. 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

13 hours ago, Mizv said:

Currently on episode 2, not reading the spoilers. Just needed to say I sense  am watching one of the characters Ji sung portrayed in Kill Me Heal Me.  Hard to forget that drama.  he was so magnificent in his diverse portrayals. When he was speed racing, I immediately had the vision of his bad boy character from the former show. 

Haha yessss Shin Segi!!! Had the same thoughts too once I saw his character in Episode 1. Do share with us your thoughts as you catch up with the rest of the episodes!

Btw I am having bad Ji Sung withdrawals since the week wait is so long. I’m contemplating rewatching KMHM lol. Already done with Dr. John😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
22 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@Chocolate I tried Ms. Hammurabi as well but fell asleep a few times and decided to give up. Good judges is definitely not as engaging as evil judges. Haha. The only thing I remember the most from that drama is when FL tried to make a point and dressed all covered up like an Arabic woman to work.

So true! We all love a bad boy.

And you're right. The start was quite interesting - the FL had spunk and she was funny making her point. The writing should have continued in that manner. But she became so serious and fixated on reporting all the "misbehaviours" and everyone started to hate her - including me.

20 hours ago, Mizv said:

Hey hey. I've just started ep 1 of KMHM. But it's quite blur - anyone has links to a clearer video?

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Hahaha @im0202 have you seen Feng Shui (movie)? There's also Familiar Wife on Netflix.

Thanks! I'm gonna check out the movie - it has Cho Seung Woo too! But Ji Sung with beard :thinking:

Dmfyn8uXsAEiGBp.jpg

• Haha 3
2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Hahaha @im0202 have you seen Feng Shui (movie)? There's also Familiar Wife on Netflix.

My first Ji Sung drama is Protect The Boss. I quite enjoy that one and liked him there

I have seen Feng Shui! Once I found out Cho Seung Woo was the lead (plus Ji-Sung was a huge bonus), I saw it as soon as it was available😅😍

Ooh I might go and check out Protect The Boss. It sounds like a rom-com. But it’s quite an old drama isn’t it?

• Like 4

And we were just talking about bad boys... Wrong show but never mind lol.

10 K-Drama Bad Boys With A Heart Of Gold

Jul 22, 2021 by binahearts

K-drama bad boys are not always the characters we get drawn to the most, but when they are able to show empathy, compassion, and true desire to love someone, we can’t help but soften up to their character. The bad boy is a trope that is pretty common in K-dramas, but here are a few who have left a lasting impression.

3. Shin Se Gi – “Kill Me, Heal Me”

“Kill Me, Heal Me” is about a wealthy man named Cha Do Hyun (Ji Sung) who struggles with multiple personality disorder as a result of a traumatic experience he had as a child. To be more specific, he has seven personalities, one of which is also in love with the female lead, Oh Ri Jin (Hwang Jung Eum).

ji-sung-kill-me-heal-me.jpeg

Out of these personalities, one of them is the hard-headed and tough as nails Shin Se Gi. He loves his smokey eye makeup and doesn’t let anyone mess with Oh Ri Jin. He’s been in love with her for as long as he can remember and tries his hardest to protect her at all costs. He does not care much about people around him or what others think, but when it comes to Ri Jin, he’s willing to do just about anything for her — he even throws her a party featuring all her favorite childhood toys. The innocence in his love for Ri Jin is just too adorable!

ji-sung3-540x810.jpeg

Source

• Haha 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

Lol I don't like bad boys, @Chocolate

I don't think Yo Han is a bad boy, more of a lonely tsundere who acts tough (and this kind gets to me more lol).

Girl, I think you are in love with JS. Just look at you and what you're searching up 😂. Oppa adopted!

For KMHM, I actually like PSJ more xD and prefer watching Ji Sung harassing PSJ 🤣🤣🤣

True, I was interested in Feng Shui too because there's JSW and JS.

@im0202

Yes I think it is a rom com and yes a very old drama and I remember enjoying it at the time. JS was a super big baby in there and his dad tried really hard to change him. There's character growth for his character.

Hey, you can watch Protect The Boss on YouTube for free!

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 3
  • Awesome 1

New stills

Time flies. 1-2 more days and we'll have new episodes. Hehehe.

By the way, I think I read some posts and forgot to reply during the early week because I was so tied up busy at work and dead tired after that. @im0202 I like that BGM you were talking about. That'd be one BGM I'm looking out to collect when the show ends and the full album is released.

@Chocolate I've given up avoiding spoilers these days plus this show really makes you wanna know what happened as soon as possible so it's harder to stay away, especially the Sunday episode, because I have to wait until after work on Monday.

• Heart Eyes 4

@mademoiselle Too bad that YT link is not available in my country... Looks like I’ll have to be contented with The Devil Judge for now 😅

Also, if you do notice that this particular instrumental piece is out, please tag me!!! I love it - it’s gonna be on my playlist for sure once the official version is released 😍 It’s so Hans Zimmer-ish since it sounds like ‘Time’.

It helps that they used that piece during the church fire scene too. So dramatic!!

• Like 4

d23b4fc3c25d422db47f25928ed180d4.jpeg?s=

Ji Sung And GOT7’s Jinyoung Shine With Their Bonding Moments In “The Devil Judge”

Jul 23, 2021 by L. Kim

The chemistry between Ji Sung and GOT7’s Jinyoung is one of the key points of “The Devil Judge”!

“The Devil Judge” is set in an alternate-universe, dystopian version of Korea where the entire nation participates in a trial through a live broadcast courtroom show. Ji Sung stars as Kang Yo Han, a head judge with mysterious intentions, and GOT7’s Jinyoung plays Kim Ga On, a young associate judge who is passionate about justice. Is Kang Yo Han a hero of the people in a world filled with chaos, or is he a devil who wears the mask of the law?

Spoilers

In the drama, Kang Yo Han and Kim Ga On are part of the live broadcast courtroom show. The two have completely different values when it comes to justice, and they faced conflicts from their first meeting. Kang Yo Han thinks a trial is like a game where proof is the key to winning, but Kim Ga On firmly believes they must stick to the law no matter what. In some aspects, Kang Yo Han seems to lack humanity, which makes Kim Ga On feel edgy.

ji-sung3.jpggot7-jinyoung.jpg

However, after Kim Ga On learns about Kang Yo Han’s sorrowful past, Kim Ga On starts to see Kang Yo Han in a more compassionate light. Kang Yo Han is starting to change as well. Kim Ga On looks very similar to his dead brother Kang Isaac (also played by Jinyoung), and perhaps that’s why Kim Ga On is warming up to him bit by bit. As the story progresses, the cold tension between them is gradually easing.

Previously on last week’s episodes, Kang Yo Han forced Kim Ga On to choose whether he’ll get in his way or side with him. The subtle emotional changes between the two hint that they may strive towards the same goal later on. The episodes also showed their “bromance” moments as they not only work together but also live under the same roof.

the-devil-judge-32.jpgji-sung-got7-jinyoung-1.jpg

The interesting changes in the two characters’ relationship comes from the chemistry between Ji Sung and Jinyoung. Ji Sung is showing the charms of his character through his excellent acting skills, and Jinyoung is also increasing immersion with his stable performance. Viewers can look forward to more changes between Kang Yo Han and Kim Ga On in the upcoming episodes.

Source

• Like 3

What is wrong? Psst...

Spoiler

Don't know if it is the lighting, but he looks like he has a beer belly lol and the edge of the pants - wrinkles from extra flesh? :thinking::laugh:

Separately, I must say Shin Se Gi is quite the man. Love the eye liner, the hair, the arching of the eye and the attitude! He is the alter-ego so his ending must be sad :cry:

I've even watched Three Meals a Day - omg, they were bored, I was bored hahahaha. But Ji Sung IRL is a gentle and soft-spoken guy, who loves to wash dishes lol.

• Haha 3