The Devil Judge / Devilish Judge 악마판사 [2021]

Darkarcana

Episode 7

Amazing how such a huge contrast between Devil Judge and Ms Hammurabi. I was so engaged every step of the way for Devil Judge and Ms Hammurabi became a lullaby. I think Ms Hammurabi is missing the dramatic effects that The Devil Judge has which is why it's less interesting.

How Sun Ah gains her rich and power was all revealed in this episode, and I honestly love her sass even though she's so evil. I never really thought Kim Min Jung is the beautiful kind but there are times she really shine and looks beautiful. I find her beautiful in Mr. Sunshine and this time I found her beautiful as she walks towards the stage at the end at the new chairwoman of the foundation.

I admire her strong will in survival. Her approach is wrong but in a tough world where she has to fend for herself, with no one to protect her, she did what she could to get to the top or become successful. I honestly feel no remorse for Director Seo because he was a scumbag and was chained up and controlled by his own indecent act. I believe it is implied...that he must have raped Sun Ah and instead of crying over this, Sun Ah used it to her advantage. She must have filmed it too, as suggested by her lecture to the orphan girls. Is it wrong to feel glad that she was the one who gave the lecture because Director Seo would have sexually harrassed all of those girls every time he makes a visit!

Now that we know how Sun Ah controls Director Seo, I can't help but wonder if she was the arsonist of the church. It would confirm Yo Han's story shown to us and it wouldn't be due to some silly accident like one of the member's smoking and didn't put out the fire. It would truly be an act of evilness from Sun Ah — she's always has the "If I can't have it, I'll destroy it" psychological tendency. And then she covered up her arson using the name of the Foundation which therefore alluded Yo Han to think it was the Foundation 5 who had something to hide.

I'm a little mad at Yo Han this episode for opening up Ga On's wound, parading his parents' misfortune to the whole world and at the same time using it to his advantage. That's an extremely private matter and needs Ga On's consent. I know what his intention is, hitting two birds with one stone. Not only he gains public's trust using Ga On, he is also opening Ga On's eyes to the defective system. It's just that...it was executed quite savagely. Although I guess Yo Han himself doesn't know how to not be cruel due to his upbringing. But most importantly, I sincerely hope the fake Do Young Chun in jail was not orchestrated by Yo Han to win Ga On over to his side.

It was nice that Yo Han tried to mellow down and learning or at least trying to communicate with Elijah.  I saw this on Twitter and was all :lmao2: . I just had to share it with you guys. The kitty is soooo cute!

Ga On being there is good for the both of them. I hope each episode will have a bit of this and a little bit more of Ga On and Soo Hyun too. I want to know Ga On's thoughts and feelings for Soo Hyun too.

img.gif

source

Lastly, OK, I see why you all having so much trouble finding spoilers last night. Hahahaha :lmao2: Even now I'm still seeing Jin Young's fans praising him. Although I agree he did do a great job in that breaking down scene. I do look forward to see if he stands a chance in Baeksang next year. Jin Young won this role himself through audition and talking back at the writer. So I think with his current performance, I really look forward to an award and he is quite swoon-worthy. @abs-oluteM I think I'll adopt Jin Young now, hahahaha. Two Oppa in July! :heart:

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

I just finished watching ep 7. This show is really dramatic, in a good way for me :wow2:

== sorry if this writing is seems like loud empty can LOL my sight.

I just can't help wondering about how Yohan bring these shows, it is entertaining to me as viewer, then this question come: is he really allow to do that? What about other laws that may can be power to big people like president, etc. It seems he really placed as the highest in The Devil Judge public universe, as it heavily introduced in pilot eps, yup, he is like 'God' for the public, but is it that easy for him to bring all the drama into live show.. ? Are all the hypocritism of him makes him to such trustable for those desperate clowns? But I neglect all that process though, because how the story is going on is just interesting to me. Sunah is the highlight. She has a lot of patience, resilience & brain. She has motive to brainwash too, empowers the girls to become 'stronger' within her view.

When Gaon visited the fake criminal linked to his family tragic, it is interesting way to show us the whole idea of "this justice system we are living now is bullsh*t, real justice is still nowhere", with all the empty slogan etc. It is depressing world isn't.. Yohan was going evil-smart there. In the big picture, Yohan has quite a lot same base with Sunah, then.

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

Now that we know how Sun Ah controls Director Seo, I can't help but wonder if she was the arsonist of the church. It would confirm Yo Han's story shown to us and it wouldn't be due to some silly accident like one of the member's smoking and didn't put out the fire. It would truly be an act of evilness from Sun Ah — she's always has the "If I can't have it, I'll destroy it" psychological tendency. And then she covered up her arson using the name of the Foundation which therefore alluded Yo Han to think it was the Foundation 5 who had something to hide.

this possibility is entrancing, to know how Sunah looks up Yohan too based on previous episodes (how she really looks like adoring Yohan but she also think ahead and has her own purposes with trapping Yohan image in the house), she might has that way purpose at the end, she wants to control Yohan on her hands, with all the power of Yohan built in long journey.. And it could be already planned since long ago.. The church accident.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

18 minutes ago, im0202 said:

Just a really cool way of showing who has the upper hand now, as well as whose belief and way of obtaining justice works better in this dystopian world.

Episode 7: Ga-On 0-1 Yo-Han

and the WAY the scene happen in place where the slogans of justice is everywhere. Clap clap

Stunning shot again.

E7ELajyWQAclpFl?format=jpg&name=medium

• Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

G O O D  V I B E S  

b4288460a1994e499751cd27da5ed034.jpeg?s=

Ji Sung Introduces GOT7’s Jinyoung To His Hidden Team In “The Devil Judge”

Jul 25, 2021 by S. P

tvN’s “The Devil Judge” has released new stills ahead of tonight’s episode!

“The Devil Judge” is set in an alternate-universe, dystopian version of Korea where the entire nation participates in a trial through a live broadcast courtroom show. Ji Sung stars as Kang Yo Han, a head judge with mysterious intentions: is he a hero of the people in a world filled with chaos, or is he a devil who wears the mask of the law?

Spoilers

The new stills preview Kim Ga On (GOT7’s Jinyoung) being brought to a gathering between everyone who had appeared on the courtroom live show, with Kang Yo Han at the head. Kang Yo Han’s male helper K (Lee Ki Taek), who had to lose his father due to Cha Kyung Hee’s (Jang Young Nam‘s) coercive investigation, is also present and doesn’t seem to be unfamiliar with the proceedings.

Ji-Sung4.jpegJinyoung1.jpeg

Lee-Ki-Taek.jpeg

Among those in attendance are Joo Il Do’s (Jung Jae Sung’s) attorney Go In Guk (Park Hyung Soo), Cha Kyung Hee’s son Lee Young Min (Moon Dong Hyuk), department store part-time worker Han So Yoon (Cheon Young Min), and the Regional Investigation Unit Chief Jo Min Sung (Kim Moon Chan). The gathering of all these individuals in one place is raising suspicions, especially considering that Kang Yo Han’s hand in their cases had not always been favorable.

Cheon-Young-Min-Park-Hyung-Soo.jpegKim-Moon-Chan.jpeg

Previously in episode 7, Jung Sun Ah (Kim Min Jung) left everyone in shock when she murdered Seo Jung Hak (Jung In Kyum), the figurehead of the Social Responsibility Foundation, and framed him as a martyr while using him to take the chairman seat for herself.

It’s clear that Kang Yo Han will have to retaliate with an attack suited for the magnitude of her heinous crime. Viewers are anticipating the upcoming episode where they will find out the meaning behind the assembly, as well as whether or not Kim Ga On, who recently had his naïve trust in the system broken, will choose his side.

Ji-Sung-1.jpeg

Source

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

I found the bit about how Jin Young won over Writer Moon to get Ga On's role ^ ^

The translated article I read (the gist) is that Ji Sung is friends with Writer Moon. So when Writer Moon mentioned his next project he might write about The Devil Judge, Ji Sung told him he'll be in it. Kim Min Jung was also chosen by the PD and Writer whereas Jin Young and Park Gyu Young got their roles through audition.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Thanks @mademoiselle. I was just going to ask about it.

But I'm quite surprised that Jin Young had to "audition". Thought he was already quite popular. Is it the norm? I only know when it comes to voting contests, the regular actors always lose to idol actors 😂

Edit: Even JY said it himself: "you're going to cast someone else who's more famous than me"? hahahah

Edited by Chocolate
  • Haha 4
1 minute ago, Chocolate said:

Thanks @mademoiselle. I was just going to ask about it.

But I'm quite surprised that Jin Young had to "audition". Thought he was already quite popular. Is it the norm? I only know when it come to voting contests, the regular actors always lose to idol actors 😂

Probably only in KPOP (which I'm not familiar with - he's the second GOT7 I know of other than Jackson Wang). His filmography isn't very long so I think he's still building his acting career. He's been playing male lead's young self / cameo more than a male lead role (He is Psychometric was his first leading role). Think with The Devil Judge, he'll get more offer from now on.

https://asianwiki.com/Jin_Young_(Got7)

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

@im0202 Yo Han's hand was bleeding. How did that happen? Did she planted the brooch with the necklace?

The ending is so unnerving because of Soo Hyun's stupidity. But I think Elijah and her will be OK otherwise Yo Han and Ga On would have gone crazy next episode.

Ga On turning to the dark side too LOL but looks hot! :lmao2:E7JVjL8VkAIujUz?format=jpg&name=large

E7JVUu9UYAAPuto?format=jpg&name=medium

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
2 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Yo Han's hand was bleeding. How did that happen? Did she planted the brooch with the necklace?

Yeah that part wasn’t clear to me either. Looks like she managed to stab Yo-han with the brooch??

Just saw a short clip of the ending.

Spoiler

They are finally teaming up! :pandahappy:

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
30 minutes ago, im0202 said:

Ok this scene has so much tension... Sun-ah wearing that necklace triggered Yo-han ☠️

Sun-ah: You and I are very similar.

Yo-han: So that is why you like me? How much do you like me?

(ugh Ji-Sung is so hot in suits😍)

I find it very sexy when he eats :D  

I really like them together. Whatever reservations that Ga On has about crossing from friends to lovers has been really his own perception that he doesn't deserve her. ( that's what I am guessing)

I don't know if I can always agree with the methods  that YoHan uses because it really does cross many lines. I didn't agree with him highlighting Ga On's parents case without his consent; but perhaps like in Vincenzo, it really does take a devil to drive out another. This post pandemic & chaotic SK maybe fictional , but what we see on screen  isn't really that far off from reality. (My country is a good example) . 

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

7 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Same lol I also feel like there are quite a lot of scenes showing him eating in this drama 😂

8 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I don't know if I can always agree with the methods  that YoHan uses because it really does cross many lines. I didn't agree with him highlighting Ga On's parents case wihthout his consent; but perhaps like in Vincenzo, it really does take a devil to drive out another.

Yes I could totally understand Ga-on’s rage at that part too. Yo-han really crossed the line there, but he’s just being his usual manipulative self that we’ve been shown since Ep 1.

The whole sequence of him eating nice food while watching the foundation members making a fool of themselves just displays how Yo-han works again. He’s so clever but underhanded on his way to get what he is ultimately aiming for.

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
20 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@im0202 Yo Han's hand was bleeding. How did that happen? Did she planted the brooch with the necklace?

She was wearing the brooch on the lapel of her jacket. Either (a) when Yo Han snatched the necklace, it snagged the brooch accidentally or (b) Sun Ah grabbed the brooch and stabbed him when he was strangling her. From the way Yo Han was looking at it, wonder if it has any significance.

20 hours ago, im0202 said:
Yo-Han and Ga-On found the man who committed fraud on Ga-On’s parents but escaped imprisonment.

And Ga-On strangles the man!! Talk about a 180 lol.

Haha but I don't think these two will actually commit a crime crime, especially murder. They will use manipulative and illegal methods to get the result they want, but the people they are going after are crooked in the first place.

20 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

He's even sexier when he winks 🥰🥰🥰 Anyone has that gif?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
44 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

She was wearing the brooch on the lapel of her jacket. Either (a) when Yo Han snatched the necklace, it snagged the brooch accidentally or (b) Sun Ah grabbed the brooch and stabbed him when he was strangling her. From the way Yo Han was looking at it, wonder if it has any significance.

I just finished watching the episode. Sun Ah stabbed Yo Han while he was strangling him. I wonder if that brooch would be Yo Han's weapon against her later on, LOL, like in Misty where the FL became a suspect because of her brooch. XP

I also don't think Ga On would kill the con man next episode. His anger will overwhelmed him for a while but I think he'll stop. He'll probably only lose it completely if there's no more Soo Hyun. She plays a big part in his life.

Oppa cannot get married, I tell ya. After they get married their fans must not have the motivation to make pretty gifs anymore.

---

Episode 8

My heart broke for Ga On's crying scenes. All the crying scenes were done really well from Jin Young too because I felt his anger and frustration, how he always suffocating and had to take deeper breath at the prison, and the sniffles, holding in his tears when he sees Soo Hyun to eventually breaking down in Soo Hyun's comforting arms.

The "some" between Ga On and Soo Hyun... LOL.. love it. She was cheeky enough to pretend, he knows but lets her. So I see she always confesses at the wrong timing to try to change the atmostphere. Gaaaaah. It tickles me so much this relationship. Once this is all over, it'll be one big happy family of 4 (+ nanny). :heart:

Love that Elijah has now become friendly with Soo Hyun too. She's lonely and needing more friends, Ga On and Soo Hyun can be that friend and protect her as well. Although I was worried when Soo Hyun brought her to Ga On's house. For one I thought Ga On's area was unsafe and secondly Yo Han might throw another fit. But I am guessing he soon will anyway when he finds out Elijah based on the ending. I honestly hope nothing bad happens there to either of them. I'm half guessing Elijah may have called back-up while Soo Hyun is out there alone, stupidly dealing with those crazy thugs (aren't they Yo Han's stans?). I'm pretty sure there's a protocol/rule that police is not supposed to take action alone, and must always work together in two (for protection).

Those Foundation bunch was despicable having to visit Yo Han at the hospital, trying to secure the money. Now I understood why Yo Han was so pissed off at them even though they were probably not the cause of the church fire. No wonder he withdraw the donation because I'd have done the same.

I'm beginning to understand Yo Han a bit better now and the people he recruited. They are all victims of the corrupted justice system. They are the vigilantes who are fighting the corrupts. :wow2:

Ji Sung was very hot in the scene with Sun Ah, hehehe... are you sure you want him @Chocolate? He says he treat everyone the same way :MewGiggle: In which episode which scene did he wink?

2fe9d16311066eeff4fceb6076395bf767e36b55

Oh my gawd I hate that actor who plays the President. He is soooo annoying and noisy. I know he must have been chosen to play this role because it's what the PD wanted from him, over-acts and exaggerates, but he's so unbearable on the stage at the announcement of Sun Ah's appointment. :pandarage: I just want to tape his mouth up!

Ok, since you guys love watching Yo Han eats... I found this:

b199604cb73b375b4f0e3295dd71f3f5d6d5347d

Spoiler

99d596c19d6268385f3e95110726d02f7ededd36

Start thinking, Ji Sung... you need to do that soon with your own daughter LMAOOOO :lmao2:

This is so going to be used in some BL videos

Spoiler

d53e424fc9ba43e060e1b0f6695428900c457b06

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

@mademoiselle Firstly, how can you choose Jin Young as oppa over Ji Sung? 😱 But then, I noticed you mostly like young boys 😂

Soo Hyun should have just shot the thug before he put down his weapon. Afterall, her boss told her not to shoot with blanks.

26 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Ji Sung was very hot in the scene with Sun Ah, hehehe... are you sure you want him @Chocolate? He says he treat everyone the same way  In which episode which scene did he wink?

Haha! When he grabbed her hands and pushed her up the wall, she looked like she was going to c*** ahem, enjoying it 😏 [Can't find a gif of that scene - maybe there are others who don't like her too lol.] As they say, women who are all powerful in the boardroom love to be dominated in the bedroom lol!

Can't remember where he winked. Maybe in KMHM. I finally finished that. Maybe it's 2015 so it's difficult to say if I like it now. But Shin Se Gi still the best. He had such a nice hairstyle with a little wave. Towards the end, I think production got lazy combing his hair up so it was all bangs 😭

• Haha 4
6 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

@mademoiselle Firstly, how can you choose Jin Young as oppa over Ji Sung? 😱 But then, I noticed you mostly like young boys 😂

Ji Sung kinda is Oppa already since Protect the Boss. I just didn't officially adopt him. :idk: Why do you think I pick up this drama in the first place? As long as he doesn't do makjang *cough* Secret Love *cough*, I have seen his other dramas. The other one I didn't watch is Defendant - don't like his hairstyle in there LOLLLL and it didn't interest me.

And true, I do like younger boys. Only because they are young, pretty and single (at least not publicly taken). See how you also pick on Ji Sung's body the other day. Young ones won't have this issue. :lenny:

16 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Haha! When he grabbed her hands and pushed her up the wall, she looked like she was going to c*** ahem, enjoying it 😏 [Can't find a gif of that scene - maybe there are others who don't like her too lol.]

Hahaha incorrect. There are gifs on Tumblr of this scene.

17 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Can't remember where he winked. Maybe in KMHM. I finally finished that. Maybe it's 2015 so it's difficult to say if I like it now. But Shin Se Gi still the best. He had such a nice hairstyle with a little wave. Towards the end, I think production got lazy combing his hair up so it was all bangs

Bwahahaha. This show isn't that great for me either but a lot of people loved it. I can see why. BTW, you should watch him in this movie. Some 18+ scenes from JS if I remember correctly xD

How is Defendant @im0202? Is it another makjang?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
49 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Ji Sung was very hot in the scene with Sun Ah, hehehe... are you sure you want him @Chocolate? He says he treat everyone the same way 

19 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Haha! When he grabbed her hands and pushed her up the wall, she looked like she was going to c*** ahem, enjoying it 😏 [Can't find a gif of that scene - maybe there are others who don't like her too lol.] As they say, women who are all powerful in the boardroom love to be dominated in the bedroom lol!

loooool.

And with the big window, I'm kinda hoping somehow there is paparazzi's drone for eyeing Yohan at the scene. They look like gonna bang each other, is there anyone wants to capture and make it fake scandal news ummmmmmm.. Considering with live court, Yohan & two judges more like celebrity too. Hshshshshsh

Little thing that makes me can't help wondering also how Sunah edits video of Mr. Seo. While in bloody + lollipop (ok I got it she is michyeoso) she just splits + delete the parts she doesn't want. That will make the output chopping! Is that will not be questioned by audience? Suspicious, no? 

Aaaaand talk about how Yohan recruits other, it is like he opens therapy group. I love the way he thinks. But to me now Yohan seems a pure kind 'evil'? No?

Ahahahaha my little brainzzz. Ok enough

P. S. Finally Gaon watering his plants. :BulbaOWO:

57 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

The "some" between Ga On and Soo Hyun... LOL.. love it. She was cheeky enough to pretend, he knows but lets her. So I see she always confesses at the wrong timing to try to change the atmostphere. Gaaaaah. It tickles me so much this relationship. Once this is all over, it'll be one big happy family of 4 (+ nanny).

Yes, YESSSSS. PLEASE! Rooting for these shattered people finally home :heart:

• Haha 3

G O O D  V I B E S  

3 minutes ago, bairama said:

And with the big window, I'm kinda hoping somehow there is paparazzi's drone for eyeing Yohan at the scene. They look like gonna bang each other, is there anyone wants to capture and make it fake scandal news ummmmmmm.. Considering with live court, Yohan & two judges more like celebrity too.

Hahahahaha you know, that's not the only thing I thought of but also the "therapy group" you were talking about. Sun Ah had her secretary following Yo Han before and she saw Yo Han with that Prosecutor guy. How is it this time they can be sure they weren't followed, right?

5 minutes ago, bairama said:

While in bloody + lollipop (ok I got it she is michyeoso) she just splits + delete the parts she doesn't want. That will make the output chopping! Is that will not be questioned by audience? Suspicious, no? 

Bahahahahaha it's because you know how to edit videos so you know but it's just a show so you'll have to turn a blind eye over it because majority of the audiences wouldn't question it xD (it's like me watching Racket Boys when I've a bit of badminton basics and some details bug me xDDD)

7 minutes ago, bairama said:

Aaaaand talk about how Yohan recruits other, it is like he opens therapy group. I love the way he thinks. But to me now Yohan seems a pure kind 'evil'? No?

Not evil enough you mean? Yeah, he's not as evil as we had hoped. He's just a jaded person seeking his own justice (like Batman) and Batman isn't evil. It's a bit like Taxi Driver too, they aren't evil either. The young him seems more twisted than the now Yo Han all of the sudden... who knows, maybe because the tiger hasn't awakened yet because he hasn't been threatened.

9 minutes ago, bairama said:

Rooting for these shattered people finally home

Yeaps! We need another Moon family!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

@mademoiselle Defendant was quite watchable. It's a "thriller". To me, it was better than KMHM. And Ji Sung looked good, even in that hairstyle.  The scenes with his daughter were very sweet - if he is like that in RL, his child is lucky.

15 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

See how you also pick on Ji Sung's body the other day. Young ones won't have this issue.

Haha! I realised it is a FEATURE of Ji Sung's body lol. I see the same "love handle?" when he was topless in KMHM. Maybe it's like us women - there are just some parts that can't be exercised away haha.

12 minutes ago, bairama said:

Little thing that makes me can't help wondering also how Sunah edits video of Mr. Seo. While in bloody + lollipop (ok I got it she is michyeoso) she just splits + delete the parts she doesn't want. That will make the output chopping! Is that will not be questioned by audience? Suspicious, no?

Haha only you would notice this, being the graphic designer. I was busy being ... by her sucking lollipop 🤨

Edited by Chocolate
  • Haha 3