The Devil Judge / Devilish Judge 악마판사 [2021]

Darkarcana

Watching episode 2 and finally realised why I mostly prefer to watch k-dramas with older actors. Gravitas. They have it.

On 7/5/2021 at 8:22 PM, mademoiselle said:

I can't agree with the Priest (Yo Han's former classmate) that Yo Han is a devil just because he sliced the bird and orchestrated the classmates turning against each other. From the way the drama played out, young Yo Han was trying to help the scared little girl. It's just that his method was incorrect. The whole class isolated him after the incident. He was bullied. What happened was his retaliation, in the most intricate (but intelligent) way — which shows he's meticulous and an excellent strategist.

Episode 2 flashbacks hinted Yo Han was abused when young, not a child born with silver spoon as the public thinks. The most curious bit is obviously Yo Han's repeatedly mumbling to himself how much Ga On resembles to a person he knew. Is he referring to Ga On's father? Curious curious..

Agree with this.

This drama reminds me of Deluxe Taxi. Yo Han, I think, is after something larger (revenge?) and his methods are grey. But he is morally upright. I had a hoot when he was introduced to the family of the Minister lol! So is he going after the Minister since the son is the "bait"?

Ga On, is the young upstart who sees only black and white. Looks like he is going to be more hindrance then help at the beginning.

The female lead, Sun Ah, her role seems interesting. She is similar to Yo Han - straddling the line. But, I don't seem to like the actress :(

T7dKpUE.png

Tp89xPW.png

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

Character Introduction on TvN

fTBPwew.png

The presiding judge of the trial court.

The mysterious star judge. An aristocratic appearance. The finest suit running along the body line. A smile that captivates people. The most elegant taste in everything, whether it's a hobby or a thing. The fact that he is the tragic heir to the Great Lakes also instills a sense of mystery in the public. But no one knows what he really is.

Yo Han hates human beings equally. Rich or poor, strong or weak, humans are surprisingly selfish, brazen and harsh on themselves and others. I'm sick and tired of people who use hypocrisy and self-rationalization, saying that only others are the problem and I'm just a victim. That's the world Yo Han has been through. For Yo Han, the world has always been hell. From the moment I was born abandoned like trash.

But in a miserable childhood, Yo Han realized, that I have the power to repay myself. To be able to use human stupidity to move them at will. The blood of a natural predator boils. I want to hunt stupid and greedy humans. After 10 years of suppressing his instincts and living under the mask of a sincere and excellent judge, the stage called the National Participation Trial Show, which is broadcast live to the entire nation, is finally completed, and Yo Han begins to fight to his heart's content.

Frogs in Aesop's fable greet a powerful stork as a king as they wanted after crying to God to send a powerful and more powerful king, saying that their king is weak. Then they are eaten to death. Yo Han is willing to be a 'strong king'.

By the way, I meet Ga On at the beginning of all this. Yo Han has a face like a heavy cross. The only face that held on to Yo Han in his hellish childhood. But now a face that makes you suffer nightmares every night with pain and guilt. Ga On, who resembles him so much not only on the outside but also on the inside, tries to prevent what Yo Han is doing by bumping head-on with Yo Han.

What am I gonna do with this kid?

It may appear unexpected to those close to it. These are images that only Elijah and Ga On know.
She is sensitive to the fact that she is old, perhaps because of her pride in her beauty.
- He seems unconscious, but he has a hobby of picking up abandoned things. The cat raised in the mansion is also an abandoned cat.
After all, Yo Han, although he tries to deny it, may have always been lonely in this farewell.

Source | Translated by Papago

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

iO9sTcB.png

Author's Words

Q1.

Drama fans are looking forward to it as the next work after [Miss Hammurabi] . Please tell us about what inspired
you to write this [Demon Judge] and where you got your inspiration.

: The reason is simple. In June 2018, around the time the second half of Miss Hammurabi was aired, how about talking about a judge whose tone and manners are opposite to Miss Hammurabi out of the blue? I thought that I've already talked about the good judge, so this time the devil judge? After coming up with this endlessly from the title, I took notes of the images that remind me of each time I ride a bike on the weekend. A demon judge who uses the law as a weapon in the courtroom. I ended up writing another drama based on that memo.

Q2.

It was very interesting to see the background of a hypothetical dystopian Republic of Korea and the fact that it is the devil judge who punishes evil in it . Is there a particular reason why you set it as an era of chaos?

: The background came to mind because of Corona. Corona broke out in the stage where I was writing the script in earnest, but I felt terrified to see the world change in an instant. In Spain, nursing home workers run away and neglected seniors are killed in a mass; economies all over the world collapse in an instant and people who are struggling to make a living are exploding. The president of the United States treats the recommendations of medical experts as fake news, but his supporters are fanatical. Enthusiastic as ... I thought that the phenomenon of rapidly changing the world was scarier than the corona itself, and I set the background of 'a virtual dystopian Republic of Korea right after an unknown plague swept away'. In such a situation, the economy will deteriorate first, unemployment will rise sharply, and security will become unstable. Without taxes, government operations can also depend on donations from chaebols and the wealthy. That doesn't mean that buildings will collapse immediately and the city center will be devastated like some Hollywood sci-fi movie. On the surface, the city center remains the same, and life above the middle class does not change much, but the collapsed poor class is heavily affected. The outskirts will become slums, and the downtown will become a glamorous, polarized society. In a society like this, wouldn't it be an appropriate stage for a demon judge, who emerges as a hero, with a brilliant trial show against the background of the people's dissatisfaction and anger?

Q2-1.

In addition, I am curious as to why you set the main character as an unknown devil judge, rather than a just and good character .

: I felt it while watching the reaction to the main character Park Cha Oreum at the time Miss Hammurabi aired, but sadly, I think people no longer trust the just and good protagonist. Rather, I want someone very strong to be on my side for whatever motive. That is the fantasy demanded by the new era, and it seems that such a story has already come out quite a bit. However, I find it more interesting to imagine what will happen next if that fantasy becomes a reality than the fantasy itself. So, the character Kang Han was born.

Q3.

I wonder how much you think the synchro rate of the characters and actors drawn by the writer is .
In particular, how did you feel when Ji Sung and Kim Min-jung were cast ?

: The actors in 'Devil Judge' are like they came straight out of the script. In particular, actors Ji Sung and Kim Min-jung are just Kang Ha-han and Jeong Seon-ah themselves, so I admire them every time I see the edited version. Thank you so much.

Q3-1.

If there are parts that you think, ' I think each actor can maximize this charm of the character,' please tell us what it is.

: The diverse faces of Kang Ha-han, who is unpredictable with transformable acting like an intelligent actor, Jeong Seon-ah, who is innocent and lovely despite the villain’s presence that makes Kim Min-jung’s eyes unpredictable It seems that Kim Ga-on, who does not lose his light even in the midst of it, and Park Kyu-young's inner hardiness, is portraying the hard-headed Yoon Soo-hyun, who does not give in even in the face of such powerful coercion.

Q4.

There are three relationships in [Devil Judge]: Kang Ha-han and Jeong Seon-ah, Kang Kang-han and Kim Ga-on, and Kim Ga-on and Yoon Su-hyun. If you could describe each relationship with keywords, what would it be?

: Well, if the character's desires are keywords, I think Kang Haan/Jung Seon-ah would be 'I want you', Johan Han/Kim Ga-on would be 'I want to know you', and Ga-on Kim/Yun Su-hyun would be 'I want to protect you'. However, each desire may be one of the two desires, or it may be the desire of both.

Q5.

What message do you want to convey through [Demon Judge]?

: I'm not trying to convey a message. I believe that a story with a message ahead is a story of failure. Rather, I tried to focus on the relationships and narratives between the characters, that is, 'people's stories'. If you unravel the story of various characters who are in a certain situation and have a certain narrative, certain messages may naturally arise as a by-product.

Q6.

Lastly, please point out the spectating points so that viewers can enjoy [Demon Judge] even more.

: Strangely, stories seem to grow naturally from the stories they loved as a child as seeds. These days, people enjoy unlimited content such as various webtoons, web novels, and YouTube, but I am from the old generation of bookworms who had to read only 'World Masterpiece Literature' without any options, so even in 'Devil Judge' there are fingerprints of my favorite books. Seems to. Hill of Storms, Jane Eyre, Faust, Rebecca, even Beauty and the Beast... It might be a little fun to look for traces of such things in 'Devil Judge'.

Source | Translated by Google

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
49 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

This drama reminds me of Deluxe Taxi. Yo Han, I think, is after something larger (revenge?) and his methods are grey. But he is morally upright. I had a hoot when he was introduced to the family of the Minister lol! So is he going after the Minister since the son is the "bait"?

Ga On, is the young upstart who sees only black and white. Looks like he is going to be more hindrance then help at the beginning.

The female lead, Sun Ah, her role seems interesting. She is similar to Yo Han - straddling the line. But, I don't seem to like the actress :(

Yeah it seems he's after the Minister of Justice next seeing his son is the bait. She is corrupted herself. I think soon he'll be going after everyone in the Foundation.

Ga On starts off being prejudiced to Yo Han since he was tasked to "spy" on him by the Professor so I don't quite think it was about him being B&W.

Sun Ah is mysterious to me. Throughout both episodes, I wonder if she's the real Head of the Foundation hiding behind the others. Haha, watch too much Vincenzo but I just think it'd be a waste for the actress to play a secretary without a bigger purpose in the story.

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

KT_s_logo.jpg?20190408-1

Ji Sung plays dark hero in new tvN series 'The Devil Judge'

optimize

Actors Kim Min-jung, left, and Ji Sung pose for pictures during a media conference for the tvN series "The Devil Judge," Friday. Courtesy of tvN

By Lee Gyu-lee | Jul 5, 2021

TvN's new dark protagonist series "The Devil Judge," starring Ji Sung and Kim Min-jung, has kicked off to a good start with its first two episodes scoring above a 5 percent viewership rating.

The series premiere, aired Saturday, saw a 5.6 percent rating nationwide, followed by a 5.1 percent rating for its second episode, Sunday.

Scripted by former judge, Moon Yoo-seok, who is the creator and scriptwriter behind the JTBC series "Ms. Hammurabi," the new drama is set in a fictional dystopian Korea.

Two years after the country has been swept by a mysterious plague, it implements a new justice system in which court trials are broadcast live to the public. Viewers can access an application to vote whether they think the defendant deserves sentencing or not, for judges to take into consideration in their rulings.

Kang Yo-han (Ji) is the star chief judge of the new system, who is merciless in punishing the "bad." Though many see him as a just, ruthless judge, his true face as a cold-hearted, evil-minded man surfaces when social foundation director Jung Sun-ah (Kim) and rookie judge Kim Ga-on (Jin Young) come into his life.

Actor Ji said he was drawn to the role when he read the script. "Kang Yo-han is a judge who punishes evil with evil. I was fascinated by such concept, and wanted to play the character," he said during a media conference for the series, Friday.

"Writer Moon had been telling me that since he covered stories about good judges in Ms. Hammurabi, he wants to portray an evil judge, acting like a Batman or Joker, set in a fictional world. And he finally made it into a series."

Director Choi Jung-gyu, whose work includes the MBC mystery series "Children of Nobody," noted that the series questions the growing popularity of shows about a dark hero, such as recently wrapped "Taxi Driver" and "Vincenzo."

"Most dark hero series have action and are about fighting bad with bad. But with this series, the writer is making us think, 'Why are people crazy about dark heroes," he said. "The central theme which will be laid out through Ji's character is the biggest difference between our drama and previous series."

Ji said that he had a hard time studying the role at first. "I had trouble understanding the character… (at first) I thought of the character as a good person who embraces evil. But he is just evil," he said. "Depending on the perspective, the evil character wasn't just fascinating but was depressing and agonizing."

Ji and Kim have reunited with this work about 13 years after they co-starred in the romance series "New Heart." The two expressed their chemistry has gotten better than the last time they worked together.

"I've always thought I wanted to work together again," Kim said. "We have grown a lot since the last time. Even with the complex scenes, we would just exchange few words and be good to go, which gives me huge satisfaction."

Ji added: "I was so happy (to work) with her again. It was nice how we could rely on each other throughout the production."

"The Devil Judge" airs on Saturdays and Sundays at 9 p.m.

Source

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
6 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Haha I still can’t get her character from Mr.Sunshine out of my head. I think it was Kudo Hina(?). Her acting in this drama reminds me of that character. Like similar way of talking. 

6 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Watching episode 2 and finally realised why I mostly prefer to watch k-dramas with older actors. Gravitas. They have it.

Hear, hear! That’s why I enjoy Hosplay so much too hahaha. Also, me and all my ahjussi crushes 😂

Btw, who do y’all think planted the explosive in Yo-han’s office? Was it the obvious choice (the people he went against- I don’t know their names), or himself (part of his bigger plan)?

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

I just caught the 1st eps, and I love it. Ji Sung is awesome in this role and I also love that they have Jin Young  play a young and an upright judge, Ga On who is a perfect foil to JiSung's flamboyant but shady character. I also like the cute  relationship/ friendship  between Ga On and Detective Soo Hyun . 

Kim YoHan is an enigma. It is hard to tell what he is truly after. Do the bidding of the corporate masters and the dirty politicians? Administering his own brand of justice? Secure power for himself? Feels like he is going to make himself one the most loved and respected public figures that it would be very hard to remove him ( should they need to ) .  I am sure his corporate and political backers know that money alone these days isn't enough. The ability to move  public sentiment is where true power lies. 

Regardless of what he is after, YoHan is a fantastic actor ( those fake tears!)  who knows how to manipulate the emotions of the viewers - the voting system makes citizens feel that they collectively put the bad guys behind bars .However , the behind the scenes rigging that goes on, makes me question if this is true justice or people's power since  the ending has already been decided. While there's clearly some good that came out of this (with the CEO going to jail) it feels far from being right.  Because the impression at the moment is that Yo Han , dressed in priestly robes, is clearly  advancing his own agenda. He is God and the Devil himself. 

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

Episode 3

Ok, I don't think Yo Han is evil. I think he is just a very misunderstood anti-hero. Obviously he isn't entirely normal. How can he when he's an unwanted child who is forced to live in the basement from the get-go? A father who hates him and always taking out his anger on him. He's probably already born to be lacking of something (compassion? empathy?) and with the condition that he's lived in, it most likely only worsen what he lacks.

The Nanny and Issac seem to be the only two that nurtured him and loved him. Because Issac is the one who "saved" Yo Han and he was a 4-5 years old kid himself then, I don't think I can doubt there was a bad intention there and that he genuinely likes/welcomes his baby brother, Yo Han. The Nanny may have loved Yo Han then but now she seems to fear him as she tells Ga On that Yo Han is the reason a maid who fell in love with him jumped from second floor and Yo Han fed weed killer to his dad's hunting dogs. But just like the Priest's account on Yo Han, I'm pretty sure there are more behind stories to this than what the Nanny knows.

Seeing that Yo Han seeks out the fireman (?) from the church fire means Yo Han is seeking vengeance and perhaps justice. There had to be something much bigger in the picture to what Yo Han is doing. He's been investigating on what happened to the church fire and orchestrating the live court show was probably the only way to protect himself (when he's in the public eye, it is harder for the villain to harm him) and punish the villain behind the church fire.

I like Ga On and I see the importance of his character in the story-telling. He's included because through him, we learn about our anti-hero. That said, I can't say I condone his snooping and prying.

Yo Han's disabled niece is a surprisingly interesting addition to the story. Elijah being on a wheelchair raises the question whether she was disabled from the church fire. Even though she seems to hate Yo Han but it's telling that's their bickering is their way of interaction or method of affection. I can see they are still very much a family and Yo Han does not feel any ill will towards her. The uncle/niece interaction is a compelling arc. I look forward to Ga On breaking the ice with Elijah.

Edit: Because Ga On looks so much like Issac, Yo Han is protective of Ga On :heart:. I hope their bromance goes a loooong way. But I'm curious if Ga On is related to Issac. Also, could it because the Professor knew Ga On resembles Issac that he sent Ga On to Yo Han??

I guess I'm not the only one that finds Yo Han's mansion familiar. It really does give off the It's Okay Not to Be Okay's feel. It also looked like they recycled the interior set.

Oh, right...I nearly forgot Sun Ah. I like her. She's probably even more evil than all the men add up together at that round-table. Agree @im0202, Sun Ah reminds me of Kudo Hina. They are very similar although I feel Sun Ah has a hidden agenda whereas Hina collects information/knows everything but she lets thing play out without interfering. At this point, it also looks like Sun Ah character could sway either way in the story - she's either the true ultimate villain or a spy planted by Yo Han.

And also agree @joccu__, the execution and darkness of this show does give off the Gotham city / Nolan's Dark Knight feel. Yo Han is Batman and Ga On is on the route to becoming his side-kick, Robin. LOL.

Aish... ottokae? Amidst the seriousness of the story, I'm so in love with the side-romance and totally shipped Ga On and Soo Hyun since episode 1. They are so obviously in love with one another but waeeeeeeee Ga On keeps rejecting her? And what was that phoenix (?) tattoo all about? Ga On has his own story to tell as well and so far we've only had hints/bits & pieces.

Ohhhh @abs-oluteM seems like Jin Young has good body since He is Psychometric days. Saw some shower picture posted last night when everyone went crazy about his topless scene :lmao2:

LOL LOL...

Thank you, tvN!

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

Full episode 4 pre-release cut

Hahahaha looks like Elijah and Ga On have become chingu. She's calling him Ahjussi (but not Yo Han). Look forward to their interaction in episode 4.

Boys looking good... I'm half-expecting if the boys are in suit, there's also gonna be another sports car PPL...

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2
On 7/7/2021 at 8:57 PM, im0202 said:

Btw, who do y’all think planted the explosive in Yo-han’s office? Was it the obvious choice (the people he went against- I don’t know their names), or himself (part of his bigger plan)?

I think it could be YoHan himself...just a speculation based on what I saw in eps 2. I don't think it would so easy to enter his office without him knowing. It didn't take him long to discover Ga On's bug. Considering that he is the puppet master in every scenario we have been shown - the trial, dealing with the Law Minister's son, even his childhood flashbacks , nothing can possibly catch him by surprise

Yo Han continues to intrigue me. This is one of the main draws of this show for me. He seems like a misunderstood child when he was young , but the intricacy of his revenge method by causing dissent among his class mates is rather shocking to me. For an elementary school kid to think that way is actually quite troubling. But nevertheless , given that his family were loan sharks , and flashbacks seem to indicate an abusive home, I am not surprised if he learned very quickly how one can easily manipulate others. Whatever YoHan is after, one thing is for sure. He is punishing those who are wrong but he is doing it on his own terms under the guise of following the law.

I had a clearer picture of who the other shadier stakeholders are in eps 2. There's the President (urghh this actor gave me a headache in Taxi Driver) - a former actor who made it in politics. He seems to admire YoHan's performance. Then there's  Minister of Law (and her useless son) -she was upset that her financial backer from the chemical company ( the case in the 1st episode ) ended up in jail. Then of course we have the Social Responsibility Foundation which I understand funds the show and to which Sun A works for . Her boss definitely is one dirty old man - the way he had his hands all over the female judge Jin Joo. 

@mademoiselle I like Ga On and Soo Hyun. Poor girl - how many times now has she expressed her real feelings for him. I wonder why he won't reciprocate when I think he likes her too. A hunch I have though is that the relationship may not take off . Maybe I am getting ahead of myself but things may turn quite tragic for Soo Hyun who does a lot of the investigations. ( LOL...yeah I watch too many melodramas!)  But anyhow I think it is important for shows like that to have characters who are standing in the light. They provide the moral compass because I don't know if I can be 100% behind what YoHan is trying to do until we understand his true motives. 

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

E4 cut

24 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Wahhh so she is the one that pulls the strings . But very smart of her to pretend to be the secretary just running errands for the boss! 

Yeah. She gets to see everyone's true self & works to her advantage.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 5

@im0202 Oh completely understand with your Ji Sung obsession . Ji Sung has so much charisma ! I am up to speed and cannot wait to watch eps 4 with subs.

Eps 3

9 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:
On 7/7/2021 at 8:57 PM, im0202 said:

I think it could be YoHan himself...just a speculation based on what I saw in eps 2.

Have to correct myself here. So he isn't the one who planted the bomb - looks like it was a "warning" from the Foundation. But regardless , YoHan turned this into a positive spin for his current mission - the bandaged hand on a faked injury . He's good -  he clearly knows what it is that would move the hearts of his fans and viewers . 1 million signatures for the Blue House petition is no joke  since we know even with hundreds of thousands of signature , a drama  like  Joseon Exorcist  can be cancelled More here :pandahehe:. Yes,   the almighty President cannot possibly go against YoHan now or risk political backlash.

This 2nd case against the Minister's useless son was exciting. YoHan wasn't banking on the testimonies of the witnesses from the restaurant alone - his big plan was to use the live trial as a quick way to secure the testimonials of many other victims. On a live platform , they cannot be blackmailed or threatened . This was brilliant and out of the box .My SK student once told me that in SK , society judges you harsher than the law itself. I can see what he means now . YoHan clearly used that to work in his favour.

Eps 3 had plenty of revelations including YoHan's birth secret and backstory . So we find out  that he was the illegitimate child & a product of a one night stand. Had a half -brother who was kind to him and coincidentally looked like Yo Han. Yes, wondering now if that is a reason he seems to have a soft spot for Ga On. So the niece in the wheelchair must be the brother's daughter. Wonder how she ended up this way - seems like she could possibly walk but is just not bothered to put some effort to do so. Now how did YoHan end up inheriting the fortune and that his brother died in a fire? Was YoHan responsible for the fire? Why was he keen to ensure that homeless fireman dies?

It is YoHan's true intentions that fascinates me the most. Clearly Ga On is just as curious and thus far YoHan's methods have not sat well with him. Is he purely doing this to help unfortunate victims and put the baddies behind the bars or does it seem like he has a much more personal agenda? I cannot go as far as to say that what he is doing is like what the Rainbow Team in Deluxe Taxi is doing - vigilante justice that sort of thing. YoHan's methods and intentions seem a lot darker and there's something rather sinister in how he is stringing things along. 

• Like 5

Eeeek! Spoiler! Still waiting for subs for ep 4.

I think Yo Han's goal is revenge for his brother, Isaac. Probably the homeless fireman played a part in his brother's death in the church fire, and that's why he went after him.

12 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

There's the President (urghh this actor gave me a headache in Taxi Driver) - a former actor who made it in politics.

He's so loud. Everytime he whines, I feel the need to lower the volume...

The Minister is quite violent to her son. No wonder he has anger management issues too.

4 hours ago, im0202 said:

This drama is my new addiction lol. I can’t get enough of Ji Sung 😅

Hahaha! I binged 18 episodes of Innocent Defendant this weekend. He looked really good there, even in prison 😍

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
7 hours ago, Chocolate said:

He's so loud. Everytime he whines, I feel the need to lower the volume...

IKR - he is so uncouth. His wife can't take him either but clearly she is sticking with him since after all she's the 1st lady. 

---------------

Ratings keep increasing each eps. Hahah I wonder if JiSung feels the pressure since he has taken over the wife's slot. Mine did do really well ratings wise

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

As expected Yohan wasn't going after the son - he was the bait. Our Law Minister has her own skeletons to hide for sure . She caused the suicide of the father of Yohan's assistant. Yohan wants her to right the wrong in exchange for the release of her son. But of course her political ambition came first. She sacrificed her son and rather him be punished than to kill her own career. The sentencing at the 2nd trial was completely out of the box for me - 30 times of flogging in public. Is this even allowed? But of course this is a dystopian Korea.  Anyhow it was poetic justice that the mother had to sign off his sentencing order. 

I like Ga On's disgusted face at the foundation's dinner. Rubbing shoulders with the top 1% ( be it power or wealth) is revolting especially when he sees with his own eyes how all this charity is but a show. What shocked him further was that YoHan seems to be part of the pack , and Sun A takes the opportunity to create more doubts in Ga On.Sun A is indeed an interesting character. How was she able to control the Foundation's president? What dirt does she have on him that he fears her so much? She hated that he manhandled the waitress. So is she like YoHan too ? 

I think whatever YoHan's plans it will replicate what he did in his classroom when he was in school. Just like how he caused dissent among his classmates then , I think this is what he will try to do now. While I do think  these people deserve it , like the minister's son for example, I can't help but feel that there's this level cruelty to it. I was feeling very sorry when YoHan related what happened at the fire to Ga On. But what he said at the end after Ga On left the room baffled me. Was the story fabricated and twisted to create some sympathy in Ga On? And will Ga On come round to supporting YoHan's methods now that he has heard his "sad backstory" ? 

• Like 4