Unexpected Business 어쩌다 사장 [S2 - Current]

dejwK-4c.jpg

A variety show in which Cha Tae Hyun and Jo In Sung transform into the bosses of a supermarket. The show will give these two men, who have lived their whole lives in the city, a chance to experience life in the countryside. They will blend into the neighborhood and experience the ups and downs of operating a supermarket that is busy at times and quiet at other times. A key point of the show is the beautiful landscapes in the countryside, as well as a look into the diverse needs of the people who come to the supermarket.

The Boss

The boss, who is reputed to be friendly, is
strong in service but weak in calculations?!

f132569820876183630-0.png

The Chef 

Would you like to eat crab ramen? Loves cooking & chattering.

f132569820993343385-0.png

Mascot 

20210223-195340.jpg

Instagram : tvn_sajang

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

Watch: Jo In Sung And Cha Tae Hyun’s New Variety Show Drops 1st Teaser + Nam Joo Hyuk Confirmed As Guest

2 Feb 2021
by C. Hong

c53512ed07b947cf8700bd34c20462b7.webp

Directed by Yoo Ho Jin and Yoon In Hee, “Unexpected Business” stars Cha Tae Hyun and Jo In Sung as two “city men” who suddenly find themselves the owners of a supermarket in the rural countryside. It is being run by the same production staff as the 2020 variety show “Hometown Flex.”

The show will give these two men, who have lived their whole lives in the city, a chance to experience life in the countryside. They will blend into the neighborhood and experience the ups and downs of operating a supermarket that is busy at times and quiet at other times.

A key point of the show is the beautiful landscapes in the countryside, as well as a look into the diverse needs of the people who come to the supermarket.

In the teaser, Cha Tae Hyun has a meeting with the production staff and recommends a close friend with whom he’d like to do a variety show. Jo In Sung, the friend in question, will be making his first appearance as a fixed cast member on a variety show through “Unexpected Business.”

Yoo Ho Jin said, “The program will show the process in which two men who are used to city life take up the unexpected business of running an old supermarket in a rural village. Throughout filming, we followed local guidelines and safety protocols regarding COVID-19 prevention.”

In January, it was confirmed that actress Park Bo Young would be the first guest to appear on the show. On February 1, Nam Joo Hyuk’s agency confirmed that the actor would also be appearing as a guest on the show and that he had already finished filming.

• Like 4

Jo In Sung And Cha Tae Hyun Are Cheerful Supermarket Owners In Poster For New Variety Show

6 Feb 2021
by J. K

The main poster released on February 5 shows another side to the popular stars while they smile brightly in their aprons, creating a warm and welcoming atmosphere as they great their customers.

Although their new positions as owners have come all of a sudden, they look prepared and ready to work hard. The poster features the pair in the real supermarket where they’ll be working, which even includes a hardware store. The tagline on the image reads, “That winter, we become owners.”

They’ll be showing off great chemistry with the locals who visit as customers and their friends who come to help them out—Park Bo Young and Nam Joo Hyuk have already been confirmed as guests. Many people are curious to see if Cha Tae Hyun and Jo In Sung will be able to keep the village’s long-standing store running smoothly.

A new teaser video features the pair talking about their thoughts ahead of the show. Cha Tae Hyun starts off by saying in a thoughtful tone, “In Sung is not a funny guy. Well, everyone’s the same, you know. Everyone’s similar. My biggest worry is, ‘If the two of us do a variety show, will it be fun?'”

However, Jo In Sung says, “If it’s not fun, then I’ll start acting right away,” and they both laugh together.

• Like 4

Watch: Cha Tae Hyun Gets Nervous About Jo In Sung’s Variety Ambitions In “Unexpected Business” Teaser

13 Feb 2021
by C. Hong

5c2eb9ba662c4786b36ab1dae7fe14af.webp

In the new teaser, Cha Tae Hyun, as the variety show expert, explains what Jo In Sung, a variety show newbie, is like. “He’s not afraid of variety,” he said. Jo In Sung agrees, “I like variety shows.”

Cha Tae Hyun continues, “He’s pretty good at cooking,” and Jo In Sung says, “I’m good at making salted pollack roe pasta.” But Cha Tae Hyun concludes, “He likes to talk to people. But he’s not a very funny person.”

Cha Tae Hyun tells the production staff that Jo In Sung can be “dangerous” in his variety ambitions. He says, “We’re going to do it, but the scale has already gotten bigger than what we’d originally planned. I thought we’d have just a few cameras, but…”

The production staff suggest ideas for what the two of them can do, such as farming, which both of them suggest. Jo In Sung gets fired up and says, “Should we go to a fishing village? I think we could at least sell things. What if we worked part-time at a supermarket?”

The teaser ends with Cha Tae Hyun warning him, “You have to be careful what you say on variety shows. You can’t just speak freely.”

• Like 4

Cha Tae Hyun And Jo In Sung Talk About Filming Their New Variety Show + Park Bo Young Calls In To Share Her Experience As A Guest

19 Feb 2021
by J. K

The pair managed a supermarket located in the province of Gangwon, and the market includes everything its customers could want, including a hardware store. “I wondered if such a store might still exist today, but the place that we went to was such a good fit that it was fun and felt fresh and new,” said Cha Tae Hyun. “I think it’s entertaining in a fresh way, to the point that young people will watch it and say, ‘What’s that?'” He added with a laugh, “Although I did worry because young people these days might not know who we are.”

Jo In Sung shared the reason that he decided to be a fixed cast member on a variety show for the first time. “There’s a movie that I’ve filmed, but due to the COVID-19 pandemic, I’ve had to greet fans later than I’d wanted,” he said. “I usually try to do one project each year, but since it’s gone on longer, I was wondering if there was a way that I could greet my fans comfortably. Then I happened to be talking to Tae Hyun, and he suggested that we give it a shot. I thought that I could go for it if I were doing it with him.”

Cha Tae Hyun and Jo In Sung are known as close friends, and Cha Tae Hyun said about the actor, “I think everyone will be surprised when they watch. He does all sorts of things, including slapstick and old-fashioned jokes. It’s incredible.” On Cha Tae Hyun, Jo In Sung said, “He’s definitely different. I haven’t been on variety shows much, so when I saw the way Tae Hyun acts on variety, I admired him a lot.”

jo-in-sung-cha-tae-hyun2-e1613668127954.

The pair shared that Cha Tae Hyun had been manning the checkout counter at the store while Jo In Sung had been in charge of food. While Jo In Sung insisted that he hadn’t done much actual cooking, Cha Tae Hyun said that he’d become well known as “Chef Jo.” He added, “His main dish was snow crab ramyun. All of the food that In Sung made was a hit.”

On the possibility of a second season, Cha Tae Hyun commented that lately shows tend to have multiple seasons if they do well. When asked if he’d want to work with Jo In Sung again on a potential next season, Cha Tae Hyun said he’d bring him. He then made everyone laugh when he said, “But to give a bit of a spoiler, he said at the end that he couldn’t do it with this format. We’d have to change the format a bit.”

Park Bo Young was the first guest to join the pair to film the show, and she took part in the live broadcast via a phone call and cheered the pair on. “To be honest, at first they contacted me and told me to come have a meal and then leave,” she said. “But then it was a part-time job. I was surprised because there was no cash register or anything like that.” Jo In Sung said, “Bo Young had the hardest time.”

“It was difficult but I had fun,” said Park Bo Young. “At the same time, I was worried about whether I was doing a good job at making it entertaining, since the show needs to be fun. I really did my best at the work.” She added, “I did laugh too but I also felt touched. I think when you all watch it, you’ll experience a lot feelings. There are many guests, not just me, so please show the program a lot of love.”

Lastly, Cha Tae Hyun said, “There’s something that I’m personally looking forward to. Variety shows usually have a one-off aspect to them. But I think ‘Unexpected Business’ is like one big project. If you watch from the first episode to the finale, you’ll see people make repeated appearances. We develop relationships, and a completely unexpected situation occurs in the end. It was like a drama without a script. I think it’s really a kind of variety show that’s never existed before.”

Jo In Sung shared, “I’m not sure what the program will be like, but I think we did it honestly. Sometimes I wondered if it was a variety show or a human documentary, and sometimes it seemed like a drama or movie too. It’s a project that has a lot of different genres and feelings to it.”

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, im0202 said:

Thanks for the tag! Haha :SquirtleSquadCool:

I don't care what kind of show it is, I'm just excited to see Jo In Sung on screen again!

I still rewatch his episode on 2D1N from time to time lol

Previously I watched Hometown Flex, with CTH and with same production staff, that show quite hilarious eventhough some first few episodes were a bit slow.

I think this looks promising, as it have slow & warm winter feelings that I love. Well if it can be as funny as Hometown Flex I will be happy. But otherwise, I think looking at dashing Jo In Sung will be sufficient too for me hahaha... and of course I'm looking forward to Yoon Shi Yoon coming. 

Psst @abs-oluteMyour Nam Joo Hyuk will be one of the guest too. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 2/23/2021 at 8:18 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

@LaLa@Jane@mademoiselle, my regular variety show watcher if you're interested on this too

Oh yes, interested to watch this ever since I saw the trailer. Never watched Jo In Sung in variety and it looks fun. 

The first episode has aired and will probably catch up with it this weekend. I see that they are providing cooked meals too. Watching this program and Youn Stay will make me hungry for sure :laugh:

• Like 3

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

Ep 1 :

The show have a warm feeling:heart:, but this didn't stay long, soon confusion will replaced the theme :laugh:

- The granny owner really seems like one kind & determined lady. She said everyday regardless a good or bad one she need to continue to live on. She also said it will be sad if she don't have the stuff that customer want. She play game with neighbour son, take care of puppy, and providing beers & snacks in store. I think everyone who visit her store will feel warm & happy. 

- The new owner, CTH & JIS really confused as hell hahahaha. They're shocked to see the manual bus ticket. Tbh, the scheduling looks complicated. They attempt to call the bus worker and want to meet up (she reject the request to meet up, how can her ? Reject the almighty Jo In Sung? 🤣) , hence she only explained via phone. The 2 gentleman seems understand but not sure too. 

- So true in the end they dont really understand about that bus ticketing. The passenger even instruct them about the price and what need to write 🤣

- The snow view really beautiful and there is puppies everywhere. @ktcjdramayou will love this show. 

- I think Jo In Sung and Cha Tae Hyun really super close friend in real life ? @im0202 maybe know. Can tell their chemistry really good. 

- It's really hillarious when they don't know how much the price, and asking the customer instead :laugh: @LaLa

- The store actually a bit complicated, as they have various products that need to be replenished.

I wholeheartedly agree with @LaLaJo In Sung looks so handsome and natural here. Just he cooking crab ramen is enough to lure me to watch this show 🤣

@SnowBlobcome here, see the trailer i post above on top.

Rating : 4.1%

• Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

@SilverMoonTea CTH is very close with JIS I think. Coz Cth often called JIS during 1n2d filming. There was once he managed to get JIS come to the show!!! And the female staff were all smitten (and I was so happy nonetheless to see his beautiful face in my fav show!). 

I'll go check the trailer or something soon :wow:

• Heart Eyes 1

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

Breaking up the first ep into 2 watches because it’s so long lol. The use of That Winter The Wind Blows OSTs made me crack up it was so extra 😂

The country scenic views were really beautiful. It made me think that one day I should visit such places too... 

The PPL was a bit much at times though haha

So far, they’re really milking JIS’s appearance a lot - not at I’m complaining as it feels like I haven’t seen him in anything since eons ago lol.

• Like 1