Hello? It's Me! / 안녕? 나야! [2021]

LaLa

5 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Oh... I love this too!! He's so sweet. 

Lols. Yea. It's all a set up to make her look better in the story. But even it's so cliche, I like it. It's funny when those audience comments on how lovable those two while eating their snacks. Lols

For 5 to 6 eps, my most fave is the morning dance at Joa's Company. I like the dance and go along with it too. Hahaa

I forgot to say, I like that he's simple-minded or pure (not sure which is it) that he doesn't even mind that Hani37 has a 17 years old "daughter". He just likes Hani as Hani, his superman.

Haha true, I like that they kept the dance. It's kinda cute that they get employees to do that. But if it's once a day that's not enough to help with occupational injuries :P xD

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Eps 7

I love how Hani 37 is realizing that she needs to believe in herself a lot more, like how she used to when she was Hani 17. She definitely saved the day for the team in the way she convinced the strawberry farmers to continue to supplying to them. Of course with a little bit of help  from Yoo Hyun who has been proving in recent episodes that he has  great culinary skills .  Who knew he was trained in  cooking so many cuisines. One thing that caught my attention about Yoo Hyun was his reply to Anthony when Anthony said that he and Hani must be equally lousy. His reply surprised me because I was half expecting him to be insulted but instead he stood up for Hani, praising her instead. 

Actually his talent would be very handy for the family business though the aunt is hell bent on ensuring that he doesn't inherit it . The woman is clearly trying to get rid of her brother. I suppose she wants her son to be the one to run the business. The son seems like a rather docile man who is caught between his mother and wife. He clearly adores the wife, but it doesn't seem that the aunt is all that happy with the wife. 

-------------

New stills:

81b9fc7d-7861-472a-818d-adde1f70047f.jpg

Hmmm did Hani 17 cause some problems?

105831888.1.jpg

https://sports.donga.com/article/all/20210311/105831894/1

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

I caught up with eps 8 . Key take-aways

1. Hani & YH are gonna work together for that in house competition. Towards the end Hani had inspiration of what snacks they should make when she realised that a lot folks like Anthony have food allergies - her idea is a snack that everyone can have.

2. More focus on Anthony as he had this volunteer event with all his online haters to boost his image. He saw Hani in a new light when she saved him from a great poop related embarrassment   Hmm looks like he intends to pursue her again in next episode.

3. While it has been obvious that YH likes Hani, he admits it to Anthony who asked him if he had feelings for Hani.

4. YH's aunt is putting in motion her plans to overthrow her brother by getting all the senior staff or those who work close to her brother on her side. But her son seems like a legit good person. He loves his wife very much but the mum looks down at her. He got angry that the mum stated that she doesn't know what he sees in the wife ( Hani's ex bestie) . 

I have one complain...I want more KYK...cause he is just adorbs.

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

Hmm I find episode 7-8 a bit slow moving in terms of the plot. I just thought Yoo Hyun and Hani37 should by now be a bit more closer but they are not until much later in episode 8. Anthony is getting in between these two as well although I can't complain because I quite enjoy some of the humour from his character. Maybe excluding Yoo Hyun's imaginary scenes of Hani37 and Anthony being lovey-dovey. Ewww. LOLLLL.

I really like most of Yoo Hyun's scenes and wish there was more. Why is KYK not getting more screen time??

Yoo Hyun's aunt is cooking up something bad, isn't she? Is it the normal drama trope where she wants to take over the company to give it to her son? I wish I'm wrong though. I hate seeing her being mean to Ji Eun, and it annoys me even more that 99% of the time Do Yun doesn't protect Ji Eun from his mother.

• Like 1

Finally caught up with the latest episode... I thought at first with the episodes where they're saving the drowning students with snacks was exaggerated, but I guess this is the way they want to include Hani37 contribution to the company little by little. I also like that she grew up more confidence day by day. The past dark 20 years of Hani37 made her become more mature and wise than Hani17. I think I like the combination of those personality. 

Ji Sook, (YH's aunt) is definitely want to take over the company for herself or want to give it to her son, Do Hyun. She doesn't want YH to inherit it from her brother. I think YH won't accept the position and will just let his hyung take it over because he will become bored too soon. He's not the type who will stay behind the desk. Do Hyun too seems to be a good person (thankfully he isn't like his mother). I too don't like how JS look down on every people that she thinks beneath her just because of their background. Sigh... And is Ji Eun perhaps pregnant? She felt a little nausea while eating the bread at the market and after that she got some abdominal pain later that night. I really hope Do Hyun will stand more firm to his mother to protect his family.

I love Yoo Hyun and his father interaction. Their petty little fight when YH's bank account got freezed are just so funny. And then when they haven't finished bickering, they have to do the exercise. Oh my I laughed a lot at those scenes. I hope YH will found out about his father condition soon, and not too late so that they can still interact with each other :(

Will the phone charger will be the key to send Hani17 back to her time? Grandma seems to feel Hani17's presence. And I wonder how much days have gone since Hani17 arrived in the future time? I think she only got 100 days, based on the alarm she got when she just arrived about d-100?

I've updated OSTs list and ratings at the first post. The 3rd OST sung by Soya and Din Din is actually a remake of Roora's song which was quite popular during 1990s. Too bad the drama's rating isn't that high. 

• Heart Eyes 1

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

I finally caught up with the last two episodes. Think eps 10 was very sweet and sees character & relationship growth for many of our characters. Even Anthony.

Some highlights :

1. Ji Eun and Do Yun find out that they are having a baby , much to their delight. Seems they have been trying for years , and have even resorted to IVF. Finally through natural methods , they conceived. The family finds out in eps 10. Bad Aunty seems genuinely happy for them. \

2. Bad Aunty continues her plans to overthrow her brother. She gets advice that the easiest way to buy up the shares of the company is to make the share price falls. She decides to do that by setting in motion a plan for something bad to happen to the company. She speaks to one of the factory manager in private about it. The guy was not comfortable , and fortunately records the conversation. So happen Ji Eun and Do Yun saw the manager and the mother respectively having lunch in that restaurant they were also eating in.

3. Hani 37 and YH work hard to come up with recipes etc for the competition. They see much progress and with Hani17 gets folks to test it out , giving valuable feedback to how to make it good.

4. Hani 17 sneaks to the sister's house to see grandma. Grandma gives her the phone charger & tells her a cryptic message about needing to pick up the phone call. Hani 17 gets caught by the nephew & mother but she manages to run. Nephew tells mum that Hani17 is Hani37's friend's daughter. But mum was baffled about how much she looks like Hani. Anyway Hani17 dropped the charger while running but later mum did bring the charger back to Hani 37 at grandma's insistence. Hani 37 lies that Hani 17 is indeed a friend's daughter and has gone abroad to study.

5. Anthony's agency tries to recruit Hani17 as a model ( so that he gets to see more of Hani 37). When Hani 37 found out, she was miffed and went to the agency. Long story short , she ended up modelling alongside Hani17 and Anthony as the model for the shoot had to go to hospital. Hani 37 looks very nice dolled up. 

5. Chairman is going blind - that is why he is looking for a new CEO to take over. But what is heartening is that YH is getting his act together. Hani 37 has given him motivation & purpose. He is working hard - even bought gifts for the family (including Dad) with his 1st paycheck. Chairman/ Dad is noticing the change , father & son even had a peaceful meal together. 

My favourite bit in these two episodes is most definitely  the growth I am seeing in YH - he is no longer that spoilt brat that we 1st saw him as ! 

In a flashback , we also find out that Anthony was heart broken for Hani & was present at her dad's funeral. Hani had come in wailing at the wake ( she was in hospital clothes) . So it was clear that Hani17 is aware her father had died because of her. Strange that she seem to have no recollection of it in the present.

• Like 2

Eps 11

Who is it that would want Hani17 to come to the present to meet Hani37? Her dad or her grandma. The supernatural element of the drama was highlighted in this episode and it seems Hani17 may be unable to return to the past as it upsets the balance of the universe. So who was that man that came to see the shaman the night of the accident. I think it is the dad?

Anyway, it was good that YH finally finds out that Hani17 is from the past allowing Hani37 to have someone to share the burden of this secret. It is clear that Hani has had a positive effect on YH - giving him motivation and purpose. Hence it is no surprise that Bad Aunty would target Hani to get YH in trouble. What was disappointing was that Ji Eun went along with Bad Aunty's plans. While I can understand that she would want to please her MIL , didn't their friendship in the past mean anything. Hani & JE seemed really close in school , what went wrong with their friendship.

Anyhow , it was nice to see more of KYK. The drama doesn't exactly push the romance in your face , which is fine. Still it was nice to see Hani recognising YH's efforts and maybe she's slowly developing some feelings for him too.

• Like 2

Eps 12 was pretty good.  For one we do see a lot of growth in YH. It was already clear that he has been changing a lot over the episodes but the scene with his dad was sweet. Chairman was not well after seeing the news about the problems with the baby snacks (Bad Aunt's doing) , and cousin DY told YH to check on his old man. I just wish that the Chairman would tell YH about his condition - Bad Aunt and DY are already aware. Chairman needs someone on his side at this critical moment since DY has decided to protect his mum and wife. I know Chairman doesn't think YH is ready or grown up enough, but I think that YH is not as dumb as he is projected to be. He caught on very quickly that he was being framed by Bad Aunt. 

Bad Aunt's strategy was cunning but I suppose it worked. She knew her own son would never voluntarily be on her side . So she used Ji Eun instead. Fortunately Ji Eun did not go through with her MIL's plans , so there's no proof of plagiarism but unfortunately she was caught on video sitting at Hani's desk. So given this, DY has no choice but to help his mother or at least cover things up. It will be very disappointing when both YH and Chairman finds out that it has all come to this. 

It does look like Hani17's real identity is going to be known by all. Anthony and the sister are already suspicious and that ending scene with the mum seeing Hani17 was such a surprise. Mum will surely be suspicious of who Hani17 is . Mothers always have very good instincts.

---------

These two are cute together

• Like 2

Episode 11 took a weird turn... I didn't expect there will be supernatural element in this drama. I'm wondering the person the fortune teller saw could be Hani's deceased father - he misses her so much that he somehow summoned Hani17 to the future however because this disrupt the balance and to right itself, one of Hani needs to disappear.

I think we finally have more KYK this episode, hurray, though he's still not doing much. I thought he would be presenting together with Hani since they entered the competition together. Other than that, I'm just glad he is now in on Hani's secret. I look forward to him bonding more with both Hani.

And I haven't watched episode 12 yet (forgot) so I'll have to catch up tomorrow.

• Heart Eyes 1

I felt so sad for YH in eps 13. He found out everything. About the fact that the plagiarism issue was Aunt's doing , and that Ji Eun refused to go through with the plan. Then as he wanted to go ask the Aunt about it, he overhears Do Yun and Aunt talk. He finds out Aunt's plans to overtake the company and that she is forcing DY to convince YH's dad to give up his shares. DY is actually very unhappy to be doing this and felt that his mum has gone too far. But he feels he has no choice but to go with the mother's wishes if he wants to protect his wife. YH also overhears about Dad going blind  - he tails DY who had gone to see the old man and he sees his father's condition from afar. So heartbreaking. :cry:

Looks like Hani17's real identity is now known by mum & sister. And since it has been dangerous for her stay alone , she is now staying with mum & sis. Hani37 promises to sort things out & find a way to return Hani17 to her rightful place. But Hani17 still does not know that dad is no longer alive. I feel they should tell her soon. 

Looks like in the preview for eps 14, YH will reveal his true identity as the Chairman's son. I hope this means he will fight Bad Aunt & not let her destroy the company. She has been pretty awful going as far as to get rid of jobs to cut costs. 

Looks like our duo will work together to save the company

( omg finally KYK in a nice suit. Always love him suited up.)

http://www.kjdaily.com/upimages/gisaimg/202104/01-541975.jpg

• Like 2

@abs-oluteM Are you up to date with this? I didn't realise we're on E14 already.

I quite like this week's episodes because there were finally more focus on Yoo Hyun and the emotional scenes were the highlights for me from Kim Young Kwang and his dad. Some nice tears were shed for the father & son. Love love.

I like Yoo Hyun's happy go lucky nature, I do, however the plot needs to get going so I'm definitely glad to finally see him step up and try to do something. I just wish he had done it earlier.

Hani17's antiques are really getting tiresome. She needs a good smacking because even after knowing her life is in danger, she still puts herself at risk. I can pardon her once for she was worried about Anthony and she was with the two agents. However sneaking out again because she wants to see her dad... I don't know. However, I think the good thing is now that she learns the truth, she might behave more responsibly. She needs to know.

I was actually dreading the hint of the celebrity turned bully arc because of recent bullying scandal. And voila, we see it happening this week. I hope MBC deals with this plot point decently, otherwise we all know Knetizens may direct their keyboard skills at this drama too.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

@mademoiselleAm up to speed. So lovely to see KYK in suit and being all bad ass as he confronted his aunt. YH and Chairman scenes made me shed some tears. I loved that he has truly grown up and is putting in the effort to help save the company. I know what you mean about Hani17 - sometimes she annoys me too and I was just waiting for the moment for her to find out about her father's death. I just needed something to bring her down to earth a little. I wonder now when she goes back to the past whether things will change. If she finds out now that dad's death had to do with her throwing that tantrum - would she avoid making that mistake? :idk:. Ans what will become of present Hani37 if that were the case.

One thing I find quite interesting is that despite this being a rom-com as well , the romance bit is actually very slowly developed and not front & centre. I am fine with it as truth is I don't feel the romance the way I do for some rom-coms . :thinking: Anyway , can't believe that next week will be the last I get to see KYK on my screen. 

• Like 2

Finally I got to speed up with the latest episode after binge watching 6 episodes. Like the two of you @abs-oluteM @mademoiselle I got a little bit annoyed at Hani17 for her brash and bratty attitude. I think the show wanted to show the difference between the two that before the accident Hani17 only think about what makes her happy and will do everything to achieve it because she's still young and even if she made a mistake, there will always adult who will cover and help her. For instance, her dad would always be there for her when she's down or when she was scolded by her mother. As a young teenager, she only focus about what her dreams and goals in life, not worrying about the future or later consequence. 

Hani37 who already experienced the bitter in life (lost her father in accident that she blamed herself on) has become more timid and thoughtful of others. I like her new appearance who got more confidence and braver after meeting Hani17, but because she has mature enough, she knew what wrong and right. Although I guess because she was forced to grow up to fast, there's time when she lost herself for a little bit before she realized her mistakes (for instance when she lashed out at Hani17 without saying what in her mind after a long hard day at work and the stress over Hani17 life).

The plot about Hani's mom and sister found out about Hani17 was unexpected but not surprising. I guess they couldn't hide the fact too long. Especially since Hani17 couldn't keep her nosy self and keep slipping out words that she's from the past. And yeah, I thought we would see Hani17 found out about her father's death earlier (like in ep12 or 13) but at last finally she knew about it. From the preview, she's trying to act okay but we'll have to see if she will grow up like Hani37 did in the past or not.

I really love Yoo Hyun and his father interactions. While binge watching the episodes, I've been afraid about the future that YH will be too late to know about his dad condition, and yeah it's come true. Evil Aunt's deeds only made the blind process faster and YH found out it too late. To see the happy YH become so sad when he found out that his aunt that he thought was a good person actually did dirty things and his beloved cousin helping it from the side was heartbreaking. I teared up at YH and his dad reunion at the villa :cry:

About Anthony scandal, honestly I've expected of this scene ever since his young self revealed as bully while chasing after Hani. I knew that sooner or later his past will haunt him, especially his action towards his manager and CEO didn't change at all. When the bullying scandal hit K-ent world, I wonder how the production will thread this case because it still a sore matters to the public eyes. I hope they can wrapped out his case well without any public backlash to the drama. 

For the last 2 episodes, I guess we will see whether Hani17 will go back to the past and how they can achieve that, the final showdown between the Han siblings over the management rights of Joa and Anthony's career as celebrity. 

• Clapping Hands 1

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: