Hello? It's Me! / 안녕? 나야! [2021]

LaLa

@LaLa @mademoiselle looks like they will address Anthony's bullying scandal tonight. Will he still have a role in that drama that he so badly wanted?

I guess now that Hani17 knows about what happened to dad, maybe they can find a way for her to go back to the past.

• Like 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

Eps 15

Hani 17 finally finds out that the father had died protecting her. It was a  very moving scene. Mum called Hani37 to the columbarium. We find out later that Hani37 had been avoiding that place too. Anyway we also find out that Hani17 only has 7 days left. "Dad" called the phone and tells Hani37, that she will know the way to return Hani17 to her place. They also consulted the Shaman - no answers from him but said the same thing. LOL!  But I think the key lies with YH. It was discovered that as a young teen/child, dad had comforted YH. 

Looks like Do Yun didn't betray his uncle. He was actually working with uncle to stop him mum from destroying the company. Uncle won the shareholders' confidence and the mum was reported to the cops ( by DY ) for manipulating share prices. DY did this to save her from being a monster and going on the path of self destruction. It was quite tough for DY - thankfully he has Ji Eun and their baby to find comfort in.

And Anthony decided to address the bullying issue. After some advice from Hani, he found courage to confess & apologise over a press con , and announced that he will quit the entertainment world. I guess art imitating life here eh? 

Finale stills...how will they send her back

106318138.1.jpg

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

For a drama that I had zero plans on watching, this turned out to be lovely watch. I liked how it all wrapped up , everyone had their happy ending so to speak.

Hani17 made it back to where she was when she finally went to the tunnel where she was most happy. It was the place where she had gone on a trip with dad to take photos and she was looking for the lily of the valley. Then she had slipped and fell in the tunnel, and dad found her there. But he found the lily ( which was made into the key chain that we see in the show) and he told her the flower meant "to find happiness again" . And that is the main message for Hani37 - Hani17 appearing in her life was a gift from dad. Hani17 came at a time where Hani37 was at her lowest , and her younger self gave her the confidence and courage to pick herself up again. Hani17 could not change what happened to Dad, and that isn't the purpose of the drama since you really can't alter what has happened. The most important thing is to just keep your chin up and keep moving forward.

For a drama that was also billed as a rom-com , the romance took a backseat to the characters' growth. For once , I won't really complain because there were many touching moments that made me teary eyed , and I think the relationship between YH and Hani is pretty sweet.  I were to be super honest , while I really liked the leads in their respective roles, the chemistry between them was cute but not on fire. The peck at the end made me laugh - especially because I kept thinking KYK is a good kisser in some of his previous work, and here the skinship was mild.

The other's had their arcs wrapped up nicely too. Chairman & YH visited Aunt in jail and she did apologise - and they forgave her. Do Yun was made Chairman , and he deserves it. I was glad they didn't make YH  the Chairman instead. He had to work his way up and was promoted to join Hani's team as an intern/ junior. Ji Eun took a long leave since she was preggers , and Hani and her reaffirmed their friendship.  Hani's grandma remembered Hani though she forgot from time to time , and she apologised to Hani for blaming her for the son's death. Anthony started his own food business and became the protector of kids who got bullied. And the funniest bit was that his former assistant has become a top star -and is worse than Anthony where his arrogance is concerned. Poor CEO ! Lol.

Thanks for opening the thread @LaLa and I am glad I had you and @mademoiselle for company. I will miss KYK again and hope he gets a good drama. I will also be looking out for the actress who played Hani17. She was very good here. She and Choi Kang Hee were well casted as the younger and older versions. Their looks, mannerisms etc matched well.

• Heart Eyes 2

@abs-oluteMYou have said everything that I want to say about the drama perfectly. Thanks to you and @mademoisellefor joining, sharing and helping me to posts many updates about the drama.

Great job to casts and crews for filming safely until the end and giving us a warm and funny drama from the beginning until the end. :hearties:

• Heart Eyes 2

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

• 1 month later...

I just finished this one! I had no plans to watch this at all, but I was bored on public transport one day and thought I'd pick up something I wouldn't invest too much into. At first I was a little meh on the series - the humour was a bit childish for me (the dancing :shocked:) and I wasn't into any of the characters/ actors. 

But in the end, I really enjoyed it - especially from episode 8 onwards. This series was soooo heart-warming! :heart: And I loved all the lessons about: loving and forgiving yourself, it's never too late to change your life, money and fame don't make you happy = having authentic relationships with loved ones is the most important thing.

The characters also grew on me so much -- I really liked the main 4 characters and their relationships to one another and their families. I found BHN relatable and loved that her character was warm and changed others for the better. I think young BHN annoyed me at the start but really touched me when she was so happy to meet the adult version of her friend and was genuinely happy (not jealous) that her life was going so well! I also liked the friend OJE - I can relate to that sense of insecurity at times and I loved that the tropes were subverted and she wasn't the one to hurt her friend, but in her quiet way she was brave enough to stand up to her mother in law. KYK was an adorable puppy the whole way and I liked him so much, including the the banter he had with his dad  :BulbaOWO::hearties:

The humour also became much more polished later on - Eg. I laughed when Anthony's assistant is the new replacement star and turns from nice guy to meaner-than-Anthony. I also really really liked Jobs (who I assumed is named after Steve). I laughed when I saw his digital offerings of food on his computers and ipads. And every time someone called bull on his predictions and he came up with real info :lenny::laugh:

Although sad, I was glad ending was bittersweet - young BHN still had to go back and take responsibility for what happened and live through it. I think it was great to show that there's no easy way out in life, but you just have to keep going and make peace with things out of your control, but love and improve yourself and others around you. :heart:

• Heart Eyes 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days