Law School 로스쿨 [2021]

Tofu

11 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Oh no, that annoying Congresswoman (Jeong Jae's mom) is in this drama too!

Just saw it via the so-called relationship chart!

IKR...she is making my blood boil in BE.  hmm will she be an annoying character here too?

----------------

Ahhh this is Yuri from Sweet Home. Correct? Just realised

I like this cute videos that JTBC is doing. Pretty meta - as if they are actually students telling us their study plan

This is the same video with subs

Spoiler

One of the lecturers

Subbed teaser

• Haha 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

On 4/4/2021 at 1:44 AM, mademoiselle said:

Hahahahahaha I love that they use law to fight about tangsuhyuk should be dipped or poured onto it. This "argument" came up in Search WWW too. I think I've always been served poured at the restaurant.

Actually, I've always been asked if I want my sauce on the dish or on the side. I usually get it on the side. :smile:

This drama does look really interesting. Caught the teaser and wasn't sure if it was a drama or a movie at first. Hope it's good.

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

Soompi article

“Law School” Previews Intriguing Relationships Between Characters Of Kim Bum, Ryu Hye Young, And More

Apr 12, 2021
by S. Nam

Upcoming JTBC Wednesday-Thursday drama “Law School” teased exciting chemistry between the unique characters on campus!

“Law School” is a campus mystery that follows the story of students and professors of South Korea’s top law school who get caught up in an unusual case. The drama stars Kim Bum as top student Han Joon Hwi and Ryu Hye Young as the tenacious Kang Sol A.

Professors Kim Myung Min and Lee Jung Eun

Former prosecutor and criminal law professor Yang Jong Hoon (Kim Myung Min) and former judge and civil law professor Kim Eun Sook (Lee Jung Eun) are peers who attended the same college and the Judicial Research and Training Institute together. Kim Myung Min, who is known for his powerful charisma, and Lee Jung Eun, who has impressed viewers with her shockingly realistic and memorable acting, will portray amazing synergy in the upcoming drama. The production team shared, “They endlessly talked about the project on set and put in effort to complete a well made drama.” Regarding Kim Myung Min, Lee Jung Eun described, “While seeing him accomplish a court scene that takes up numerous pages of the script in one breath, I thought, ‘He’s a living and breathing Yang Jong Hoon. He’s actor Kim Myung Min.”

Kim-Myung-Min-Lee-Jung-Eun.jpg

Roommates Kim Bum and David Lee

Kim Bum will be transforming into Han Joon Hwi, who enters the school with top grades, and David Lee will play Han Joon Hwi’s roommate and fellow study group member Seo Ji Ho. Regarding their relationship, Kim Bum shared, “There’s a past conflict mixed in, so they share pain and go on to resolve the case and their conflict together,” mentioning that their bickering chemistry is a point to look out for in the drama. David Lee also picked his character’s friendship with Han Joon Hwi as the greatest chemistry. He shared, “With Joon Hwi’s thoughtfulness piercing through Ji Ho’s coldness, Ji Ho opens his heart little by little only to him. Han Joon Hwi, who wants to become a prosecutor who adheres to the rules, and Seo Ji Ho, who wants to become a rich lawyer at a large law firm, are two friends with different life goals, but they will begin to mature together into legal professionals who protect the law and justice as the episodes progress.

David-Lee-Kim-Bum.jpg

Same-name duo Ryu Hye Young and Lee Soo Kyung

Ryu Hye Young and Lee Soo Kyung play characters who both have the name of Kang Sol at the same school. The two are differentiated by the letter “A” and “B.” However, unlike their names, the two share nothing else in common, from the environment they grew up in to their personalities. Ryu Hye Young shared, “The relationship in which these two different friends study together and mature is very interesting.” Lee Soo Kyung commented, “From the moment I first saw the synopsis, I thought that the story with two people of the same name but vastly different personalities and circumstances felt very intriguing.” She added, “The relationship between the two Kang Sol is the most interesting.”

Lee-Soo-Kyung-Ryu-Hye-Young.jpg

• Like 2
  • Party! 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

From : https://otakukart.com/law-school-k-drama-episode-1/

Spoilers & Preview: K-Drama Law School Episode 1

Law school episode 1 updatees
The cast of Upcoming K-Drama Law School

Law School K-Drama Episode 1 is about to release soon. Law school is an upcoming South Korean drama that is all set to come on floors. The drama starring Kim Myung Min, Kim Bum, Ryu Hye Young, Lee Jung Eun, Lee Soo Kyung, Lee David, Go, Yoon Jung, Hyun Woo, Kil Hae Yeon, and Oh Man Seok in lead roles. The drama surely has a huge star cast, and it wouldn’t be wrong to say it is completely star-studded. Law School is all set to air on the original network JTBC. Along with the international streaming site Netflix.

The drama was in pre-production for a long and finally unveiled the secrecy around the drama. The cast and crew were revealed in mid-2020. The series kept creating a buzz amongst the audience with its updates. The full cast and crew were revealed recently, and it seems like the drama is going to be far more interesting—the involvement of all the senior actors along with the young actors and a good plot. The drama has it all and will surely hit with its amazing performance. With this, the first episode of the drama is all set to release on 14th April 2021. The drama has a total of 16 episodes and will air every Wednesday and Thursday.

What to expect from Law School Episode 1?

episode 1 of law school

A Still from the Upcoming K-Drama Law School

Law school is now approaching its release with the premiering of episode 1. The drama will revolve around its main characters, and together they will face an unexpected case. The story is set in a university in South Korea and focuses on the lives of the professors and students who are in the legal department. The main characters include Yang Jong Hoon, Han Joon Hwi, Kang Sol, and Kim Eun-sook. The first episode will show us a brief introduction of the students and professors of the Hankuk University. It is one of the most prestigious universities in the country, and all the students therein are extremely talented. They are all brilliant minds.

But in the lot comes some over-enthusiastic students, along with some moderate and average performing students—also, the students running low on self-esteem or the less confident ones. We will surely feel fresh with the young lot and getting to see and feel their college life. As the title suggests, an unprecedented murder in the cradle of law happens, with the mysterious and sudden murder. All the students of the law school will go in deep shock, and that would make the headlines. The opening of the drama seems to be far greater. The sudden disruption in the law school with the allegation of the murder of one of the professors will be seen in every opening of the drama. Will, the students, find out the real culprit behind the case, how they will face the problem together, and what happens next will all be answered in the drama.

episode 1 law school release date
  • Like 2
  • Party! 1

just watched the first episode.... i think i am liking the set up which is basically a mock drill kind of exercise for upcoming lawyers..... Kim Bum as Haan Joon Hwi is a Star Student... Ryu Hye Young takes on the role of Kang Sol (A), who gained special admission to the law school. She is a bit clumsy and Haan Joon Hwi likes her...

Kim Myung Min as Yang Joon hoon is hellish serious and his class is named as Socrates Q&A ....

Kang Sol (B) belongs to a rich family and there has not been much known about her except that she is very very reserved...

When the Chief Prosecutor Seo Byung Ju (Ahn Nae Sang) is found dead at the law school, they all kinda end up being suspect and Yang Joon Hoon getting arrested in first episode itself... two parallel stories go on....

• Like 5
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home

@movingwheel I caught the 1st episode too...very intense. You really have to pay attention to what is going on cause everyone talks super fast and you will need to read the subtitles quickly. I kept thinking this mock trial is never going to finish. LOL! 

Eps 1 was pretty much a set up for what is to come. Like what Movingwheel said that there are two core cases here. 1st the death of Prof Seo who was supposed to oversee the mock trial that the students were having. He was discovered dead when one of his students who had come to call him for the trial. He was discovered to have been "murdered" by an overdose of meth - they suspect someone put a lot of meth in his drink , and forced him to drink it. By the end they accused Prof Yang. Just some background - Prof Yang ( nicknamed by the student as YongCrates) is a highly respected but also highly feared no nonsense lecturer . ( He reminded me of a bull dozer lecturer I had.) He and Prof Seo had some history - if I understand correctly Yang was the prosecutor in some "bribery" case where Seo was the defendant. Due to some loophole in the law ( I think), Seo could not be found guilty. Seo was also a big donor to the university - and we find out in the preview that Han Joon Hwi is the nephew to Seo and also will inherit his things. 

Second case involved Prof Kim Eun Sook who thought Civil Law. She is a warm and approachable prof who was well-liked by her students. She was formerly a judge. Some time back she put this sexual predator to jail but he was now released. She was angry that he could not receive a longer jail time due to the limitations of the law. He came to look for her in her class - cause chaos etc. She was pregnant and had to be hospitalised when she started to bleed because she was stressed. ( I don't understand though how the uni doesn't have tight security. How can anyone who is not a student just enter class like that? And if I see someone like this I will beep for security immediately ! )

Then of course we were introduced to the core group of students. HJH is smart , and seems nice but his eyes seem to suggest a dark side to him. Kang Sol A is clumsy and quite typical FL that kdramas like to have. Kang Sol B from a rich family - super smart and overachieving. Arrogant too. Ji So also seems like he knows his stuff and he and Sol B seem to be at logger heads. Then we have pretty Ye Seul who seems to be more concern about her looks. She is "married" or in a relationship with some guy who seems super possessive of her and she doesn't seem to like it but puts up with it. And there is Seung Jae who got very upset when the sexual predator came to their class. So wondering if there is more history to this. 

Good reception for 1st episode

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 2

I have difficulty following the subtitles too when they were having the lecture scene. I really wanted to digest the questions and answers but Yang Jong Hoon doesn't give anyone a breather. Taking his class looks stressful.

I like that the premiere episode opens up with two cases. I hope it continues to be this way otherwise it'll be boring watching them speaking/discussing about law and all we can do is chase subtitles.

Back to the case, one being the sexual predator—this case is supporting what I've previously written in another thread!—although this guy got 11 years jail time, much longer than Jung Joon Young. He showed no remorse whatsoever which makes me want to throw him back in jail. Seems like this sex predator is a witness to a hit and run accident too. Oh yeah, did Yang Jong Hoon cut him a deal and wears the anklet for him or something? Or he was just experiementing (I miss that part).

Professor Kim must have given birth successfully as I remember her phone's screensaver is a picture of her baby.

All the law students are actors I'm not a stranger to. Ryu Hye Young did a 180° flip in character compared to R88 (who also studies law) whereas Kang Sol (B) is still the same stone-cold character as she was in Where Star Land LOL. Kim Bum has everyone sticking to him because he's super smart, but has some sort of backstory and also a link to Professor Seo. I was curious with his relationship to Prof. Seo only to have the preview telling me they are uncle & nephew. Tsk. Ji Ho seems to be book smart but like Kang Sol, is uptight and less flexible in their thoughts. Ye Seul didn't seem extremely smart so I'm not sure she's actually interested in studying law. Seung Jae seems to have a medical background (the chat in the Mens went on too quick to catch on everything about him) but curious to know exactly how much he knows medically since he was giving medical assistance to Prof. Kim. Min Bok Ki is the only actor I'm unfamiliar with.

A good start as I find most of the characters are clearly different with colourful personalities. It'll be interesting to see them inserting themselves in solving the mysterious murder case. Even more interesting that all of the classmates' shoe prints were found in the room indicating they all had contact with Prof. Seo before he died. Fingers crossed one case doesn't drag on too long though.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 3
7 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@movingwheel I caught the 1st episode too...very intense. You really have to pay attention to what is going on cause everyone talks super fast and you will need to read the subtitles quickly. I kept thinking this mock trial is never going to finish. LOL!

Yeah, I agree. Very intense and I kept rewinding some parts because I didn’t catch the subs fast enough, going back n forth between Chinese and English subs... Man, law school is tough 😆

I watched last night but was so packed today that I didn’t have any chance to post till now. Needless to say, I love KMM so much. Been a while since I last saw him. I also love the classmates. I wonder what David Lee deleted in his laptop when the police officers were there in the courtroom. I really like the mock courtroom idea. Wonder if other university do it this way too? 

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Watching ep.2 is as tough because of the going back and forth in timeline. Although they did display the year and month, it’s still a bit hard for me to follow what is flashback and when is present time, because it’s not clear when the flashback ends and back to present. No different hues or screen sizing, all the same. I hope we won’t have too much of this back and forth because it’s already quite difficult enough to understand the cases and the laws they cited. Anyway, because they stated October 2020 as the present time, I am guessing we will see a time jump to current time in 2021?

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@ktcjdrama - I agreed! In episode two, I had a difficult time following because of all the time jumps. This person on Twitter is a Saint, she/he went through each scene and took down notes, making it much easier to understand/follow now!

For episode 2:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Insightful 2
5 hours ago, Tofu said:

This person on Twitter is a Saint, she/he went through each scene and took down notes, making it much easier to understand/follow now!

A saint and a model student! 😃

I too had wondered if I should just take note, but I like watching my dramas either before bed (read: lying on bed) or while exercising 😆 no time for pen and paper. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

MTDzeiV.gif