Law School 로스쿨 [2021]

Tofu

@ktcjdrama I started watching this with Eng sub (usually it's Chinese but was set to Eng for another drama) and I had to switch back to Chinese because my eyes couldn't chase the subs as it changes too quick. The benefit of C-subs is that Chinese can use less characters and shows more meanings in a shorter sentence than English so it doesn't need to change as quick as Eng... even though I still struggle a lil' with the technical terms in Chinese (and Eng would help).

HAHAHAHAHAHA @SnowBlob I'm just suddenly confronted by his naked body and a big head and thought I'll share if others felt the same. :eeeee:

Little Byul is indeed very cute. She was gorgeous in her previous drama. There's a news reported that she recently signed under YG Entertainment. Her talent has been recognised.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

I just finished episode 4. Phewwww those law terms seriously. I was lost and no time to think about what was discussed and I give up using my brain on a Friday / weekend. I'm also not going to repeat the scenes just so I can process it better. Mainly because it isn't going to be useful in where I am. Every country's law is different. I just need to know the gist for SK.

I really do wonder if all law students/lawyers can cite the article numbers so easily off their heads. It seems impossible...

One thing I do like — that's Prof. Yang teaching his students with real cases and even utilise his own case in the class. I wonder if through this he'd also get some fresh ideas or clues of the case?

I thought when you guys mentioned the aunt in previous page, we finally found out who the killer is but ... nope, we're still on the same case. Argh. But at least it is still interesting.

Now with the laptop... I thought the medical law student was the one who had it. He then accidentally took Kang Sol B's. So technically Kang Sol B had it and how did the vice principal gets it instead. I can only assume for now she gave it to him.

• Like 4

After 4 episodes in... I think the drama is still so-so for me. I do like ep 4 a tad bit better but I still haven't grown attached to this yet~ 

It looks like the pattern will be each time we will be presented someone as the likely culprit and then it turns out that s/he isn't. So last time it was prof Yang and then Joon Hwi.. next week it looks like either the Vice Dean or Kang Sol B. But then if it's following exactly the same pattern as the first 4 eps, it means both of them aren't the culprit either. 

What's still a mystery to me is how the rapist is going to tie in nicely with all of these? I mean we know how he's related to the past crimes but the current one? 

On 4/23/2021 at 11:11 PM, mademoiselle said:

I really do wonder if all law students/lawyers can cite the article numbers so easily off their heads. It seems impossible...

I honestly think they can ... but who knows ... anyone is practising law here?? :idk:

On 4/23/2021 at 11:11 PM, mademoiselle said:

Now with the laptop... I thought the medical law student was the one who had it. He then accidentally took Kang Sol B's. So technically Kang Sol B had it and how did the vice principal gets it instead. I can only assume for now she gave it to him.

I totally miss these scenes again... face palm 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

5 hours ago, SnowBlob said:

next week it looks like either the Vice Dean or Kang Sol B. But then if it's following exactly the same pattern as the first 4 eps, it means both of them aren't the culprit either. 

They're both in for another side plot, I think. It's regarding KSB plagiarising. So I am guessing Vice Dean needed to look into the matter and that's why he confiscated KSB's laptop, which turned out to be Yangcrates' laptop. My question would be how did that medical student got Yangcrates' laptop in the first place.

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Kidnapping // Dog Day // Lovers // Vote

I think episode 3 and 4 were definitely easier to follow than the first two. 

On 4/23/2021 at 8:11 AM, mademoiselle said:

I think if they have to do a case study, it might be easy for them to remember. I feel like law students would be familiar with the most commonly used ones too. 

Like @SnowBlob, I think every week we will be looking at each one of them as a potential suspect. Although, it seems odd for Joon Hwi to take something from a crime scene and let go just like that. 

6 hours ago, SnowBlob said:

What's still a mystery to me is how the rapist is going to tie in nicely with all of these? I mean we know how he's related to the past crimes but the current one? 

It seems like a side story to me -- he is looking for his next victim. I'm guessing that since he was the driver for a while, so he probably knows a lot of secrets.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2
5 hours ago, Tofu said:

It seems like a side story to me -- he is looking for his next victim. I'm guessing that since he was the driver for a while, so he probably knows a lot of secrets.

I hope this will be more than just a side story.... coz it does take a considerable amount of air time..and if it is a side story.. it is a very 'annoying' side story :laugh:

6 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

They're both in for another side plot, I think. It's regarding KSB plagiarising. 

ohhhh.... I can't remember very clearly.. but wasn't Yang Joon Hoon questioned about the missing laptop during SBJ's murder investigation? So that's why I thought they might be investigated as potential suspects next week. :thinking:

• Like 4

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

Watching this drama almost feels like you’re attending law school yourself 😅 Yangcrates keeps giving case study and asking questions that you also can’t help but start thinking... I enjoy it though, but I can understand if this drama does not have high following because it can be rather dry. 

More revelations of relationships, but I wasn’t surprised because I was half expecting it considering the same surname. But that mother of Kang Sol B is really a piece of work 🙄 Urgh, threatening to swallow pills in order to control her child. I was glad KSB finally challenged her to go ahead swallow the pills. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

MTDzeiV.gif

12 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Watching this drama almost feels like you’re attending law school yourself

It does! That's why I have to watch this on a Friday/Saturday otherwise, between all the legal terms here and work, I would look like this all day --> :BulbaConfused:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
3 hours ago, Tofu said:

It does! That's why I have to watch this on a Friday/Saturday otherwise, between all the legal terms here and work, I would look like this all day --> :BulbaConfused:

Yeah, I was telling myself too that maybe I should put off watching during the weekend instead. Have not watched ep.6 😅

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Kim Beom and Kang Sol A are so adorb. Kim Beom smiling more is what I'm happiest to see. So cute. Moping doesn't suit him, LOL. I love how he's been sticking around Kang Sol and helping her. And also love he worries about Sol and Byul that he stays outside of their house only to be caught red handed and let Sol finds out he's scared of dogs. HA HA.

Prof. Yang is really something eh? I mean, how is he so cool and calm about being accused of murder. Although he's a strict and hard to please teacher, I'm thankful he really puts his heart and soul into teaching them, even using his own case as case study.

Kang Sol B's mother, goodness, despicable.

Last but not least, what's the deal of Kang Dan x Prof. Yang x Lee Man Ho??!!

BTS

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
26 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Last but not least, what's the deal of Kang Dan x Prof. Yang x Lee Man Ho??!!

I am a bit worried actually... Why Lee Man Ho needs Kang Dan to find his son? Why Kang Dan been missing from the family for 5 years? Do you remember how many years did Lee Man Ho serve jail term?

• Like 3

MTDzeiV.gif

2 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I am a bit worried actually... Why Lee Man Ho needs Kang Dan to find his son? Why Kang Dan been missing from the family for 5 years? Do you remember how many years did Lee Man Ho serve jail term?

Lee Man Ho was jailed for 11 years.

IKR. I didn't even know he has a son! What's his son's relationship to Kang Dan? :BulbaConfused:

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

i think Kang Dan was being raped by Lee Man Ho... i love yangcrates dynamics with Students.... even when he is the prime suspect , he was so calm and cool and never once thought of putting it on Someone else's shoulder....

Kim bum is ray of sunshine.... this man is 32 and still looks like a kid..

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home

43 minutes ago, movingwheel said:

i think Kang Dan was being raped by Lee Man Ho.

I was speculating the same. That’s why I am trying to calculate the years and age to see if my speculation is possible. But since he was jailed for 11 years, and Kang Dan been only missing for 5 years, for now, I’m guessing could his son be Kang Dan’s boyfriend? 

• Like 2

MTDzeiV.gif

I'm looking forward to seeing Kang Dan. All this time I thought she's dead but she's not. It'll be interesting to see another Ryu Hye Young - and because Dan is the smart one - so I'm expected a completely different type of personality/charisma. I'm also wondering if she'll be a bit more closer to Sung Bora (Reply 1988), haha. Ok, I admit, I miss Hye Young's Bora.

• Like 3

I'm a little late finishing up my homework this week, hopefully I don't get points deducted. :laugh:

Kang Sol B's mom leaves me speechless, how can someone be that cruel? That was really manipulative of her to use the pills as a way to get Kang Sol B to do what she wants. I can't imagine a parent doing that to their child, is she not ashamed? I'm glad that Kang Sol B finally stood up to her. 

Next week, it'll focus on Kang Dan but maybe the ex-med student too? I'm curious why he took Kang Sol B's laptop or was it the professor's? In the preview for episode 7, how is the assemblyman involved in all of this too? He made a comment that Kang Sol A looked familiar, did he know Kang Dan too? 

For Lee Man Ho, how would Kang Dan know where his son is located? So many questions. :scaredpanda2:

By the way, the same person on Twitter post summaries for each episodes which has been nice when I've had to cross reference some things I didn't catch and I'm too lazy to rewind. Hahaha! 

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
53 minutes ago, Tofu said:

I'm curious why he took Kang Sol B's laptop or was it the professor's? 

Med student took Prof Yang's laptop but when they had to leave the laptop to attend Prof Kang's lecture, the assistant lecturer took Prof. Yang's laptop mistaken it as Kang Sol B's. And med student took Kang Sol B's laptop thinking that was Prof. Yang's. He then return the laptop to the security guard.

• Like 3

I'm just finishing episode 4 now, but the pacing on this drama feels a bit draggy for me. Which is a shame because I was really looking forward to this drama. Is it just me, or anyone else feel the same?

I like some of the individual dynamics, but the pacing of the story means that I'm not always the most eager to see these episodes.

Plus, I keep wanting to smack some of the characters around. I guess that means that they are doing a good job?

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Tofu said:

Someone made a fan video of them too. Can’t believe about 90% of these scenes were from this week’s episodes. Haha!

Hahaha I think it's 100% from this week's episodes. They are cute, aren't they? I love how he's always following her around. Shielding her from Lee Man Ho... so so so smitten by her. So darn cute.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
3 hours ago, stroppyse said:

but the pacing on this drama feels a bit draggy for me. Which is a shame because I was really looking forward to this drama. Is it just me, or anyone else feel the same?

I don’t feel the drama dragging but did read some other people commenting the same, that it’s too slow. I think I am alright with everything so far, except in the first two episodes when it’s hard to determine between flashback or present scenes. 

The drama is good enough to make me feel determined in graduating from Law School with perfect attendance :cool:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

MTDzeiV.gif

5 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

the first two episodes when it’s hard to determine between flashback or present scenes. 

Yes, I found the transitions between flashbacks and present scenes rather annoying as well. I'll watch episode 5 and 6 to see if I want to stick with it. There are parts of the story that could be compelling.

• Like 2