Law School 로스쿨 [2021]

Tofu

Aish, it's late at my location... I'm a bit lazy to go to class and wanna play on JH xDDDD

@ktcjdrama Have you gone to class today? Ha Eunnie is so cute. I miss seeing her interacts with Rowoon.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha @Tofu OMG, I thought you meant the dog is a stuff animal. Little did I know they used a stuffed animal as prop for acting bwahahahaha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
32 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Aish, it's late at my location... I'm a bit lazy to go to class and wanna play on JH xDDDD

@ktcjdrama Have you gone to class today? Ha Eunnie is so cute. I miss seeing her interacts with Rowoon.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha @Tofu OMG, I thought you meant the dog is a stuff animal. Little did I know they used a stuffed animal as prop for acting bwahahahaha.

Yes, I've been to class. Not much lovey-dovey from our couple last night. But oh, I am so very annoyed by Ye Seul's boyfriend. So glad KSa got to kick him in the shin. If I were there, I will kick him too.

• Like 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears

49 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Yes, I've been to class. Not much lovey-dovey from our couple last night. But oh, I am so very annoyed by Ye Seul's boyfriend. So glad KSa got to kick him in the shin. If I were there, I will kick him too.

I just finished my class and yeah, no lovey-dovey anymore. I was like, "Noooo smileeeee please" when both were in the lift together but not noticing each other's presence. Aish. Agree Ye Seul's boyfriend is horrendous. She's such a battered wife for letting him abuse her. I hope she soon channel the sass she displayed in Sweet Home on him. I want him beaten up by the boys, lol.

I thought Kang Dan would appear this episode but guess they decide keep to the mystery.

Lastly I LOL-ed when Prof Yang was explaining to the audience at court what he was doing - and getting pointed out that out of habit he's giving out "lecture", hahahahahaha. Love it that he's always finding every opportunity to teach lol lol.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 4

@mademoiselle if watching other dramas I speed up, for this drama I often rewind and rewatch with another sub 😅 Usually it takes me more than 1.5 hour to finish an episode. 

Ep.8 was quite tensed because of the trial progress and especially the fake witness. O gosh, can I just say again how much I detest that scumbag boyfriend of Ye Seul? I really want to punch his face. I was so upset with Ye Seul but didn’t stop hoping that she will be courageous enough to speak the truth. The writer did well in holding it till the very last minute and I was fist pumping. Otherwise I’m gonna write in to campus and demand for Ye Se to be expelled because she has no right to be a law practitioner. She is pitiful, but I cannot say that I sympathize her. I really cannot understand what she sees in that boyfriend of hers that she continues allowing him to abuse her, verbally and physically. The red flags are all over the place and she still accommodates him?? Sorry, she is not wise enough, not fierce enough to be a law student. And that boyfriend is going to enroll in law school too? What? To learn the law well so he can abuse and manipulate the law? What a scum! I am so fuming mad. 

The problem is, although Ye Seul tried to do something right, she got implicated instead. And I wonder whether the video was uploaded or not since it was already in progress of it when the scuffle happened 😣 Foolish Ye Seul still more concerned about her oppa instead of making sure to cancel the uploading process 🙄

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

I am the Kang Sol A of the group. I am failing because I am only a little more than halfway through episode 7. :nervous:

So far, I agreed that I’m questioning Ye Seul’s ability to practice law. Is she able to distinguish right from wrong considering what kind of boyfriend she has? If she can’t stand up for herself with him, would she be able to stand up for her clients?

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 2

LOL @Tofu, it's the weekend so time to play catch up!

By the way, I notice now when they show the past scenes, they put a caption and let you know clearly! The Knet must have complained too, LOL.

@ktcjdrama Are you still rewinding every single episode? I was hanging on a thin thread in episode 8. Dozed off twice in short 1-2 minutes but managed to finish it and then completely dead asleep after that LOL.

I honestly think Kang Sol should just change course if she has to study till she faints for every exams! It's insane. It reminds me of myself staying up late studying for those life-changing exams (if I fail I'll have to re-do one year kind). Why can't studying be fun? What's the point of memorising it short-termly and forgetting them all later.

I believe Ye Seul studied law only because the abusive boyfriend was studying law and he wanted her to study the same thing so they could go to the same course/Uni together. The scene where the boyfriend threatened to expose their sex video reminds me of Taxi Driver. It speaks the truth about how men can easily get away with this but once that video is out in the public, the woman is condemned forever. And it is why many women continually and repeatedly become the victim due to threats and fear of exposure. Eventually, they took their own lives to end the misery.

Like you guys, I don't understand why Ye Seul still stick to him and allow him to abuse her over & over again. I'm going to see whether there is more story to it than what is shown. I'm hoping she has good reasons behind this but if it doesn't, I also do think irl there are women who stuck to abusive men and believing they did it out of love or other reasons I cannot understand. It's also the same with some women knew the husband is cheating but they put up with it.

What's the deal with Yoo Seung Jae?! He's married... but not married... did the wife died? Wedding cancelled? And why is he going to the extent of stealing exam questions? It's obvious that he went to Prof. Yang's office to steal exam questions.

P.S. I love Prof. Yang's envious look at Prof. Kim being able to set exam questions. LOL LOL! That longing look cracks me up.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

I find Sol B's mother sooo repulsive. I keep hoping that she is not indicative of any Korean mothers, even though I know that there are plenty like her.

It's actually not the legal stuff that I find hard. It's actually the number of people who are pretty amoral and/or repulsive for various reasons.

Plus, I'm still not warming up to Sol A.

I guess I'm just still watching for Kim Bum. I've missed watching him on screen. His cheeky grin.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

I didn’t realized he was the voice behind Law School’s OST, We Are! I remembered seeing clips of him on this singing show and was impressed with his version of a BTS song. I really like this song as well as most of the OST.

His version of a BTS song in the spoiler tag because it is a bit off topic. Haha!

Spoiler

Another version of the OST.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

I'm up to date! No re-winding except for episode 1 lol. Kowtow to @ktcjdrama for not only rewinding but watching both Eng and Chinese subs!

I like that it started with Prof Yang then Joon Hwi suspected of killing Prof Seo, and weight is given to their stories. Then when we expect the drama to unfold with each student/staff being suspected, those suddenly become "side" stories and the drama doesn't fall into a rut where we know that person would not be guilty until the last suspect.

Instead now we have additional plots - how are Kang Dan, Lee Man Ho and Assemblyman Ko tie involved?

Regarding the students, these two are in danger of being kicked out of school:

• Kang Sol B - she plagiarised (although at her mother's instigation) but is still not truthful. Can Prof Yang help her eventually?
  • Yoo Seung Jae - he is hacking Prof laptops to get test questions in advance. Whatever his background may be, and there are many questions, how can he stay in the school?

Ideally, I hope it is a bad guy who is guilty. But could it be like Stranger - where a good guy did it but had good reasons - if so, I think the biggest suspect would be Kim Eun-Suk. She is a strong actress for that plot and so far, her role has been fairly inconsequential. There must be more to her.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

I swear, I will be more timely to class this week. I finished watching this over the weekend but I just haven't had time to gather my thoughts. The ending was a bit shocking to me so I'm interested to see how it further develops in this week's episodes. I was telling @stroppyse that Taxi Driver exist because of Law School. :laugh:

13 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Kowtow to @ktcjdrama for not only rewinding but watching both Eng and Chinese subs!

OMG! I know! So impressive! :pandatakeit:

how are Kang Dan, Lee Man Ho and Assemblyman Ko tie involved

Someone who paid attention in class more than me, please correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding is that Kang Dan volunteered at the orphanage Lee Man Ho's son was at when he went to prison. Prof. Yang said something about Kang Dan was the reason why the Lee Man Ho Act exist because she proposed it to Assemblyman Ko. At this point, we have no idea why Kang Dan went into hiding but Lee Man Ho looking for her is probably because he wants to know where his son is. 

Ideally, I hope it is a bad guy who is guilty. But could it be like Stranger - where a good guy did it but had good reasons - if so, I think the biggest suspect would be Kim Eun-Suk. She is a strong actress for that plot and so far, her role has been fairly inconsequential. There must be more to her.

Wow, that would actually be an interesting twist to the whole entire drama if she was the person behind it. Like you said, she's probably the most suited for that role too. :jhopebtsidea:

All the students, a part of me feel like none of them should be practicing law with the amount of things they are doing -- tempering with evidence, plagiarizing, stealing property, committing perjury, etc. :niu:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
3 hours ago, Tofu said:

If you're still watching the drama, take this quiz. Someone made a quiz for Law School. Hahaha!!

Apparently, I did not pay enough attention in class because I scored an 80%. 

80% is quite good!

I watched CLOY a billion times and I still failed that test 😭 *shy shy*

49 minutes ago, SnowBlob said:

i'm so behind i think my last ep was ep 4 i think i ll decide whether or not to continue after the drama finishes and whether it has good reviews then 

I feel the drama gets better and better. There was a lot of background so it was slow moving in the earlier episodes. But episode 8 was quite exciting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

Hahahaha @Tofu That's pretty good coz I got the same.

80% is quite good!

I watched CLOY a billion times and I still failed that test 😭 *shy shy*

I'd definitely fail CLOY.

And what's with the obsession of WHEN the drama start airing anyway. The first Q for Vincenzo is also the same. Like how is that important?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just attended the 9th class... it just gets even more interesting now that there's mention of Kang Dan and also their step-father, who is the biological father of Kang Byul. Kang Seul even went to confront Assemblyman Ko. I will just repeat what Kang Seul said ~ Like father like son... These two trash people belong in prison. I want to see Yangcrates put them both behind bars!... Urgh, just cannot stand Assm. Ko. You have to watch this episode for yourself to understand my abhorrence towards this father-son combo. Needless to say, I was already fist pumping at the end of the episode because it was exactly what I wanted to happen, even though maybe it's still a long way to go for Ye Seul's case. 

O, and I got a 90 for the quiz :laugh:

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

21 hours ago, Tofu said:

Apparently, I did not pay enough attention in class because I scored an 80%.

I am not paying attention at all apparently since I got a 60%. I missed the couple name, the name of the OST, the reason why Seol A went to Law School, and who could actually clear Prof Yang. *sigh*

I'm still watching. Really. It's just a bit hard to take so I frequently take breaks, even though it's only on in the background. If I start wincing too hard, I put it on pause to finish whatever else I'm doing before I start the episode up again.

So many icky people being all fishy and self-serving in this drama.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
3 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Argh!! I had forgotten that this week there's only one episode because of Baeksang!!

Oops! Me too! I was looking forward to Prof. Yang defending Ye Seul in court!!! I knew it would be him appearing coz he's the only person that could/would do it. But fine, thou shall not be too disappointed since tonight is the night I get to see multiple Oppa deul dressed up in suits ALL at once!

When Ye Seul denies what she experienced was sexual assault and said it was love, I felt the urge to:

Spoiler

LC-1.gif

... whack her so she'd pull herself together.

I do believe such battered wives do exist so yes, please educate these women to speak out and help them break free from toxic men/relationships.

• Clapping Hands 3
27 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

When Ye Seul denies what she experienced was sexual assault and said it was love, I felt the urge to:

Hide contents

... whack her so she'd pull herself together.

I do believe such battered wives do exist so yes, please educate these women to speak out and help them break free from toxic men/relationships.

Me too! I would make a bad social worker since I have absolutely no sympathy for women who can’t/won’t help themselves, whatever syndrome that may be called. And she’s saying sorry and still visiting him in the hospital to be scolded! 🙄

Kang Sol B is beginning to look like a real piece of work. Yes she’s intelligent but her moral compass is missing. I’m not sure if I want a good ending for her anymore.

• Haha 3
2 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Me too! I would make a bad social worker since I have absolutely no sympathy for women who can’t/won’t help themselves, whatever syndrome that may be called. And she’s saying sorry and still visiting him in the hospital to be scolded! 

What if it is one of your girlfriends?

9 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

And she’s saying sorry and still visiting him in the hospital to be scolded!

I'm OK with her apologising. After all it was untentional and it looks good on her behalf in court that she acknowledge sincerely of what happened, unlike the BF. I hope Prof. Yang has a video of him threatening Ye Seul so he can't run from this even though the father has destroyed evidences in his PC and phone.

11 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Kang Sol B is beginning to look like a real piece of work. Yes she’s intelligent but her moral compass is missing. I’m not sure if I want a good ending for her anymore.

Hahahaha. In her defense, she's brought up by her mother with no moral compass so no surprise there. What's more important now is she starts gaining it from now on.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

Me too!

Me three!!

And the bedridden scumbag still blaming her? The father will settle no less than murder attempt charge for her? What does she still hope for from that relationship? 🙄

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

What if it is one of your girlfriends?

You can only do so much... I actually have had an experience ~ a girlfriend’s boyfriend was two-timing her but she refused to believe me and I was un-friended 😔 Oh well... love is blind. But if it’s a case of physical abuse, I would probably be more persistent because it can be fatal. 

• Like 3

MTDzeiV.gif

I wonder if we will get three episodes this week or just two? :thinking:

It took me a few days to comment because I was pretty annoyed with Assemblyman Ko and his son. The incident between Ye Seul and the son was an unfortunate accident that took place. I'm happy to see Ye Seul feel bad over what happened because it would be strange if she didn't, but I don't know if she necessarily needed to visit hospital and apologize. 

I agreed with everyone, I was a little baffled when she didn't believe what she experienced was sexual assault. When you're in love with someone, I guess it's hard to see it in that way -- you probably want to believe that the other person would never treat you like that. I think that's why many people continue to stay in abusive relationships. 

On 5/13/2021 at 2:32 AM, Chocolate said:

Haha! I thought we were getting somewhere with her dad's involvement but now I'm unsure too. 

Do you think Seung Jae will come forward considering it's confirmed that he has a baby on the way? Would he want to ruin his reputation by confessing that he's been stealing test questions? 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1