Law School 로스쿨 [2021]

Tofu

4 hours ago, Tofu said:

Do you think Seung Jae will come forward considering it's confirmed that he has a baby on the way? Would he want to ruin his reputation by confessing that he's been stealing test questions?

Wasn’t it shown that he won’t? because he already sent a text message apologizing and explaining that he has a baby otw now. Yangcrates also seemed to have accepted it and not hoping for him to come forward anymore. These two professors are too kind to their students... allowing them to find their own conscience for their misconduct. 

• Like 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

2 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Wasn’t it shown that he won’t?

I guess I'm just hoping that he'll have a conscience and come forward. That's how I feel about Kang Sol B too. However, I've accepted that all the students are selfish and a bit corrupted too. Haha! 

• Haha 3
On 5/13/2021 at 7:02 PM, ktcjdrama said:

You can only do so much... I actually have had an experience ~ a girlfriend’s boyfriend was two-timing her but she refused to believe me and I was un-friended 😔 Oh well... love is blind. But if it’s a case of physical abuse, I would probably be more persistent because it can be fatal.

I had few encounters before with acquaintances or friends and it was like you said "we can only do so much". In the end it wears me out too. Another thing is if they can't help themselves then no one can.

10 hours ago, Tofu said:

Do you think Seung Jae will come forward considering it's confirmed that he has a baby on the way? Would he want to ruin his reputation by confessing that he's been stealing test questions?

I hope he will. Otherwise they really need to catch the killer. And I'm starting to wonder if there really is one... lol.

• Haha 4

@ktcjdrama - Hahaha! That's right. We still have seven episodes left so they will probably drag this out. Have they had an episode on all the students from the study group yet? :laugh:

5 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

And I'm starting to wonder if there really is one... lol.

Hahahaha!! Same. Maybe Prof. Seo did really commit suicide? :idk:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
On 5/13/2021 at 3:46 PM, mademoiselle said:

What if it is one of your girlfriends?

Hahahaha. In her defense, she's brought up by her mother with no moral compass so no surprise there. What's more important now is she starts gaining it from now on.

I've had 2 girlfriends who were hit by their boyfriend/husband. Of course I am sympathetic at the beginning - right or wrong, they are my friends so I bring them to the hospital and try to listen etc. But I know them, so when I think their actions/character contribute to the fights, I tell them so. Because, reasonably, it's not always all the man's fault. Some women are very irritating/overbearing/demanding too 😂 After awhile, they no longer tell me the whole story because they know I won't take their side totally. So I just listen but I stop giving advice because they are not really prepared to listen and try to make things better - they just want to talk/vent. Both are divorced now.

I had a male ex-colleague. Not close. One day, I saw his photo in the newspapers. He had killed his wife! The newspapers reported how mean the wife had been (can't remember the details now). I felt so bad for him - his whole life ruined because he married the wrong woman.

The only cases where I can remotely understand why a woman stays is if she has children and no way to support her family if she leaves her husband. Ye-seul's family background is not shown but I don't think she is poor. Plus she is obviously bright enough to get into Hankuk so she has a good future ahead. She's just blind and self-delusional. So nope, no sympathy for her.

Kang Sol B is old enough to have developed her own character and thought process. Can't blame her mother anymore 😂 Initially I thought Joon-Hwi and her would have a love line. Surprised that it was Kang Sol A instead.

On 5/17/2021 at 4:33 PM, mademoiselle said:

And I'm starting to wonder if there really is one... lol.

Woohoo. Maybe it was accidental. But that would be an anti-climax!

• Like 3

Another great episode which I enjoyed very much. I really like the powerful closing argument by Yangcrates. He cleverly suggested the smoking gun evidence even though he doesn’t have it in reality. Very smart. And very despicable of Prosecutor Jin of course to hide the evidence just so as to indict Yang as guilty. It ties in real well with what Sol B’s father said to her, an excellent law professional who does not qualify is very dangerous. Well, not that Jin is excellent or very smart, but he certainly does not qualify as one 🙄

@Tofu you will get the answer to your question about Seung Jae in this episode. 

Can I please ask Vincenzo to send a hornet of bees to that jerkball’s hospital room? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

On 5/19/2021 at 6:18 PM, Chocolate said:

I've had 2 girlfriends who were hit by their boyfriend/husband. Of course I am sympathetic at the beginning - right or wrong, they are my friends so I bring them to the hospital and try to listen etc. But I know them, so when I think their actions/character contribute to the fights, I tell them so. Because, reasonably, it's not always all the man's fault. Some women are very irritating/overbearing/demanding too 😂 After awhile, they no longer tell me the whole story because they know I won't take their side totally. So I just listen but I stop giving advice because they are not really prepared to listen and try to make things better - they just want to talk/vent. Both are divorced now.

I had a male ex-colleague. Not close. One day, I saw his photo in the newspapers. He had killed his wife! The newspapers reported how mean the wife had been (can't remember the details now). I felt so bad for him - his whole life ruined because he married the wrong woman.

The only cases where I can remotely understand why a woman stays is if she has children and no way to support her family if she leaves her husband. Ye-seul's family background is not shown but I don't think she is poor. Plus she is obviously bright enough to get into Hankuk so she has a good future ahead. She's just blind and self-delusional. So nope, no sympathy for her.

Kang Sol B is old enough to have developed her own character and thought process. Can't blame her mother anymore 😂 Initially I thought Joon-Hwi and her would have a love line. Surprised that it was Kang Sol A instead.

Woohoo. Maybe it was accidental. But that would be an anti-climax!

Wow, you have your fair share of dramas in life! I had some too although not the same. I also believe we can only do so much and have empathy to a certain extent. There is a limit, I must admit. But I do have similar experience in that they just want to vent. So now I would say, "Sorry. I don't want to hear it." I don't want people to dump negativities on me. Who am I going to dump it to in order to unload what I had to listen to? These things go both ways, they wanna vent then they must listen to what I have to say. LOL.

LOL you felt bad for the husband? How mean was the wife to deserve to be killed though? I did read about someone we know killing his wife loooong time ago too. Dad said there was money dispute.

Kal Sol B - you would be surprised how twisted people's personality can be or naive due to how they were brought up. Her mother is still meddling with her life and mental health. She's under the pressure to uphold the family's pride (you know how we say it "save face"). It's more complicated than "being old enough". Even older people behave immorally, let alone Sol B.

@ktcjdrama I'm glad to hear it's an interesting episode. I am contemplating whether to watch it or just rest for the night.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

LOL you felt bad for the husband? How mean was the wife to deserve to be killed though? I did read about someone we know killing his wife loooong time ago too. Dad said there was money dispute.

Oooh, I found the article. He didn't kill the wife! She survived 80 slashes. He got 4 years jail and 8 strokes of the cane. This was reduced to 3 years on appeal and the caning set aside.

Giving his decision, CJ Chan said Tan had committed the offence against a domestic backdrop of prolonged marital conflict and verbal abuse by his wife. 'It is common experience that verbal abuse can be more hurtful and provocative than physical abuse,' said CJ Chan, adding that a deterrent sentence of caning and a long jail term was 'pointless' in a case in which an offence is committed as a result of loss of self control.

Links here:

Dear Ye Seul. Cannot protect a USB drive 😭 Let's hope Seong Jae has a copy backed up. [Edit: Oh wait, he recorded himself. He can do it again. Or live testimony even better 😂]

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Arrgh... the ending of ep.11 and preview for ep.12 is driving me crazy!! By right, we don't have to wait a week for ep.12, but because of last week cancelation, we now have to wait for a week before we see the continuation of Ye Seul's trial. Although I still dislike her inability to stand up for herself and let herself be shoved to the pit bottom by the jerkball, I am still rooting for her case to win. I don't know how the case can be won though when she doesn't seem to want to defend herself. Geez... with her spiritless attendance at court, she may as well just punish herself by going to prison so as to ease her guilty feeling... Sorry, it may be harsh, but I really wish she would grow some spine! That jerkball is going to play victim and act noble too, urgh! Even Yangcrates declared in the preview that he is resigning from representing her... what's going to happen??

What is the most interesting in the episode for me is getting to see how a jury is selected. Very interesting, although it's probably only done in SK? I doubt other countries do it the way it's done as shown in this episode. LOL, Prosecutor Jin is basically telling the case to the jury already with his "what if" scenario.

• Like 3

MTDzeiV.gif

@mademoiselle @Chocolate -- It's hard to really look at a situation like that because you feel for both parties -- the husband who endured years of abuse and the wife who was physically harmed. At times, I think verbal abuse is more damaging than physical abuse because of what it does to you mentally. I mean, just look at Ye Seul. I doubt the boyfriend was kind to her those three years she spent with him. :niu:

I had to take a break from watching episode 10 because Ye Seul was pretty frustrating. He does not feel bad about what he's done to you, why should you feel bad about pressing charges?! :JigglyAngry:

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

This is the best scene of the whole drama! Super love it 😎😎😍😍

Lessons from Prof Yang:

1. Highlight your own trial first and use it to your advantage 👍

2. Use real life scenarios to explain complicated legal precepts 👏

3. Likable? Sure, I can be likable 😂🤣

Kang Sol A's mother is quite irritating isn't she? She seems more like a liability then help so I wonder why Kang Sol A thinks she should be on the jury. She's obviously money minded and so may be open to being bribed by Congressman Ko.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

@ktcjdrama There is a movie called Juror 8. Check it out!

I also remember Demi Moore did a movie named The Juror, isn't it?

@Chocolate Yeah I think I can resonate with the hubby in this instance that his mind snapped. But woah, 80 slashes though! That's a lot of anger bottled up! Food for thoughts: we should not let things get to us to this extent — don't allow other party to push us over the edge or push other party's buttons so hard and ended with some undeserving regrets. Wish they had separated earlier and things would not have gone this far. It's so so unfortunate. Perhaps it is a good thing that divorce rate is higher and becoming a norm, people get to find their happiness separately.

Now I've to attend Law class back-to-back due to slacking off last night~

• Haha 3
2 hours ago, Chocolate said:

This is the best scene of the whole drama!

I love this scene too! But some of the Chinese viewers think that he is like speaking to the kindies when it’s regarding common law such as innocence until proven guilty. 

I also don’t understand why Sol A wanted her mother on the jury. Is it only to help her mother earn some bucks? Or she thought she could influence her mother’s decision? Either way, it doesn’t sound right...

• Like 3

MTDzeiV.gif

5 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I love this scene too! But some of the Chinese viewers think that he is like speaking to the kindies when it’s regarding common law such as innocence until proven guilty. 

Hahaha I love he takes every opportunity he can to "teach" xD

But it is true that a general citizens wouldn't know those terms so it's better to use layman's terms and explain with examples. I get asked to explain things to my colleagues as if they were 5 years old and likewise I get @_@ too when I've to listen to business terms.

I also don’t understand why Sol A wanted her mother on the jury.

I've bad feelings about this at first but then seeing how Prof. Yang didn't participate in choosing the jurors, the Prosecutors can't complain there was unfairness in the selection process.

Or she thought she could influence her mother’s decision?

Her mum seems to be able to influence the others. However I also think her mum is also easy to convince. Then again, her mum was also abused right in her marriage? So she could empathize with Ye Seul...?

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Done 5 episodes. I enjoyed the class so much. It is so depressing but it's making you thrilled. I mean your curiousity lead you to think into more deeper thoughts.

I love the pace. At first it was giving me dizzy because of its back and forth plot. I squint my eyes to catch all the details from the super fast changing subtitles. You know even a single comma can change everything completely. Yangcrates's class is depressing as I said at the beginning but his class is more challanging cause his lesson is meatier, teaching you how to really use the law properly and wisely.

It reminds me of my old days in collage, in one of the yangcrates-like class, everyone wish to be disappeared once the eagle eyes set to throw a question bomb. Lols. 

Well, how irony all those insipiring law keep getting stained by the web of lies, those who supposed to defend the right side is actually the one who push them to be guilty. 

P.S. I love the ost, we are... we are.... then I will continue it in my mouth spontaneously, we are lieee... lols. This is so de javu! 

One more, I can't understand well the current discussion here or why some would say they skip the class or unintentionally missed it, whatever is that, wait I'm getting late to the class, I feel like I need to be updated to the recent chapter case to properly join the next mock trial. :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Wah?! How could they end on that note?! I want to see what happens! :shocked2:

Kang Sol A's mom does seem like a liability but like @mademoiselle pointed out, the prosecutors can't claim that it was an unfair trial because they were the ones who choose the jurors. 

I love how Prof. Yang was told not to give a lecture to the jurors and then proceeded to do exactly that when he got in. Haha! I do appreciate him explaining it in a way most people will understand. 

@Alice Wonderland -- Haha!! Because watching Law School is like attending class, we all joke about "going to class" as a way of saying we watched the episode. If we're late, it means we didn't watch it when it airs. It's also been referred to doing our homework too. You've been absent from class, do you need our notes? :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
9 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

P.S. I love the ost, we are... we are.... then I will continue it in my mouth spontaneously, we are lieee... lols. This is so de javu! 

:laugh: I was the same too!! It always felt like to cue to continue the singing... that’s why some of us thought this drama is giving vibes of SKY Castle. 

• Like 4

MTDzeiV.gif

It all answered why is SBJ gave the inheritance to HJW rather than his own kids. I thought because perhaps he already know that his wife isn't trusty. But still choosing his nephew over his own kids is a bit weird. It was shocking that it revealed he is his son. And it seeems everyone is linked to everyone here. It's like a web which connected one to another. One case is stem from the previous case.

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Like 4

Leave it to Prof. Yang to again turn every situation into a learning opportunity and also one of his classes again. Haha! I love that he knew doing that would help Ye Seul speak up for herself. It was really nice to see that side of her instead of just watching her look helpless all the time. 

I think Kang Sol A’s mom is going to get herself kicked out but I do appreciate that some of her comments made the other jurors stop to think a bit. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I don’t know how Ye Seul is not despising that jerk of a boyfriend and remain quiet all these times. Is it because he is the son of someone influential? So I was super glad to see some emotions from her that she had wanted to plummet him to death with her high heels. 

Love seeing Yangcrates have his lesson in court, but is it allowed actually? My realistic side kicks in, haha...

What an interesting reveal that Prof.Kim is in touch with Lee Man Ho’s son! How...??

Is Prosecutor Jin so poor that he cannot afford to buy himself a ramen and a soda that he had to hijack what the students are having? 🙄Disgusting...

The jury having discussion already, so Sol’s mother might not be kicked out. But what are limitations of an alternate juror? Btw, anyone caught what did JH see on the CCTV in front of Sol’s house? I can’t make it out. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 3

MTDzeiV.gif

3 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Is Prosecutor Jin so poor that he cannot afford to buy himself a ramen and a soda that he had to hijack what the students are having? 🙄Disgusting...

I kept thinking -- we are in the middle of a global pandemic, why are you eating foods others have already eaten?! :JigglyAngry:

3 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

What an interesting reveal that Prof.Kim is in touch with Lee Man Ho’s son! How...??

I wonder the same and also, if she knows he is Lee Man Ho's son. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

Love seeing Yangcrates have his lesson in court, but is it allowed actually? My realistic side kicks in, haha...

The jury having discussion already, so Sol’s mother might not be kicked out. But what are limitations of an alternate juror?

I think an alternate juror cannot vote in the final deliberations. She sits through the trial as a standby in case one of the main jurors cannot complete his/her duty. Not sure if she can contribute during the discussions though - but her antics make the other jurors quite irritated with her so whether they will listen to her is another matter.

I think IRL, given her relationship with the defendant, it is likely she would not have been accepted/been removed by now. So yes, need to suspend realism for awhile. Although the trial itself is very good and thrilling as usual. Just as they produce the video that showed the boyfriend was trying the disseminate the video, wham, it is not self-defence!

Best lesson :lol:

spacer.png

kTXUK31.gif

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1