Law School 로스쿨 [2021]

Tofu

@Chocolate I'm still far behind with the latest ep. Still in ep 13. The more I watch how yangcrates never miss any chance to show his students a good lesson right on the spot is just really amazing. And I love how his explanation come as simple and clear as it should be. I found it very entertaining to see the judges looking at yangcrates for better explanation rather than the judge. Lols

One of my friends in colleges ever said once we attend a depressing class with 'killer' professor. (Killer here means as someone who is very strict at teaching and teaching perfectly like yangcrates) In every institution or in any school there must be at least one teacher who will teach you very strict, dicipline and firmly, no chance to be cheeky in his class, and you need to stay focus in all condition. He might stress you out but he teaches you very well. And if I think of those killer teachers or professors right now, I feel thankful to them, in their class I never fall asleep, I mean I dont dare to do so, and learn more. 

Ah, I'm not a good student, I just dont like to fail at any classes I follow. Lols. 

P.S. ohhh.. in the amidst of YS's trial, we get a glimpse of hidden love confession from HJW. Hahaha.. how sweet he is. Gosh... my heart flutters for that moment. Lols

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
25 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

I found it very entertaining to see the judges looking at yangcrates for better explanation rather than the judge.

I once heard someone said this ~ "A smart person can explain a complicated matter in a simple way, while a not-smart person makes something simple become complicated" ~ To which I agree so much with.

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears

3 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I cannot explain why except to say I love a good slow-burn but I am rooting so hard for Joon-hwi and Sol A. There has to be some kind of acknowledgement of the fact at the end... or otherwise... it's fanfic time again. Dang! The show gave us so many hints and moments between them that it's impossible to unsee what we've seen. And it's been a terribly long time that I badly want a romance to happen in a crime show. I feel almost the same with Sell Your Haunted House. It's as if the subtle build-up over time is far more tantalizing than when a couple kisses at Episode 5 or 8. Again, I hasten to add that I am fanatically fond of these kinds of partners-in-crime romances especially if the male lead likes the female lead first and he's the one doing all of the heavy-lifting. Sol A mightn't be academic but she's quite savvy like street smart and... sassy. I think that's what Yangcrates saw in her immediately and I imagine it's what Joon-hwi sees in her as well. 

Great fan edit...

I feel a bit for Sol B. I think she likes Joon Hwi right? But every time, she has to see him act so close/friendly/concerned with Sol A. Like here, snatching the phone from Sol A is quite a cosy thing to do. And there, Sol A, I'm not sure she's even aware that Joon Hwi is interested 😂 School children romance - such a long time ago for me 🤣

KHZs2vJ.png

DcZL19G.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

There's no denying that Yangcrates is a really good teacher but I don't think it's because he is intelligent (which he so obviously is) but because he is a brilliant communicator honed in the fiery furnace of lecture theatres. He knows how to ask the right kinds of questions to engage the students and boil things down to its essence. And that is certainly the case with anyone who uses the socratic method for teaching. It's an inductive method of instruction and learning which really helps with critical thinking and problem solving. It's discovery learning rather than a top down prescriptive approach. I think it helps with retention. Those who have to communicate ideas and abstract concepts all the time will learn over time how to best explain things using illustrations and storytelling. He's definitely thought a lot about how best to be efficient in his explanations. Plus his jig-saw puzzling tells me that he's a visually oriented guy.

Moreover, he has to compete with technology and all the distractions that come with teaching in the 21st century so he has to be deliberate about every single thing he does in the classroom -- whether he picks Sol A or Ye-seul or when he acts like a tyrant, it is calculated to keep the entire class on their feet.

@Chocolate

For me I'm rooting for Sol A because it is so clear that Joon-hwi ls into her and the show practically sledgehammers that home. I think it's the right angle to take for the story because they are both impassioned about justice in a way Sol B isn't and can't be. She's a genius at his level sure enough but she's a walking automaton and doesn't ring his bell I imagine. Plus there's the whole plagiarism issue that Yang Jong-hoon is rightly concerned about because it speaks to character. 

I don't usually care about romance in these sorts of shows but this one is I think very well done.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

On 6/3/2021 at 10:33 PM, Chocolate said:

Alice seems to be a good student. I can't remember anything Prof Yang taught lol.

Hahahaha I thought you paid attention to his class with deep interest! Or was that just the beginning, hahaha. @Alice Wonderland is probably binging whereas we watched 2 episodes and then waited a week for the next so it'll be easier to forget.

@ktcjdrama @Tofu I can't remember well but my memory tells me Prof. Kim quit being a judge because she was disappointed with the law when she couldn't give Lee Man Ho a longer sentence. With the recent episodes, I find that she'd be a tough opponent if she were to pursue politics. Like you guys said she strategises and is very good at it. My respect for her is she could put aside her distaste towards Assemblyman Ko, strike a deal with him in order to achieve her goals. Even Prof. Yang couldn't bear to work with Assemblyman Ko. She's extremely smart. Thank goodness she's nice and kind.

The last scene ... so Kang Dan is still in the US or the Kang Dan we saw shaking hands with Sol B is also Sol? Even more confusing is why did Prof. Yang said Kang Dan's appendix burst she never got on the plane. :thinking:

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3
16 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

The last scene ... so Kang Dan is still in the US or the Kang Dan we saw shaking hands with Sol B is also Sol? Even more confusing is why did Prof. Yang said Kang Dan's appendix burst she never got on the plane. :thinking:

I think the person in the video from the constitution hearing was Kang Dan. She was supposed to fly back for her lecture but based on what Prof. Yang said, she never got on the plane. Kang Sol A disguised as Kang Dan to fool Assemblyman Ko, which makes me assume that the person shaking hands with Kang Sol B was Kang Sol A. If that's true, poor Han Joon Hwi. Hahaha!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
3 minutes ago, Tofu said:

I think the person in the video from the constitution hearing was Kang Dan. She was supposed to fly back for her lecture but based on what Prof. Yang said, she never got on the plane. Kang Sol A disguised as Kang Dan to fool Assemblyman Ko, which makes me assume that the person shaking hands with Kang Sol B was Kang Sol A. If that's true, poor Han Joon Hwi. Hahaha!!

Ohhhh that made sense.

Yeah, poor Joon Hwi xD

• Haha 3

What is the recent episode? Ep 15?? I have just done it. Whoaa.. I love this show! The main theme is just common trope, like a corrupt assembly man. But the writer made the conflict and plot are so interesting. And I love how the study group started with blatantly disregard for each other and now they slowly come hand in hand to fight for justice. And I like thst everyone are there for every roles they have, it goes from student a then to b c and goes on. And I think that students under ysngcrates are growing smarter as they learn from time to time. This is really fun to watch, and I used to ffd scenes and not for this time. So, It feels like I've accomplished great things. Lols.

I sensed, and thinking perhaps, and perhaps it was yangcrates's plan?? I cant bear seeing faked kang dan's make up. Lols. Natural kang sol a is much prettier. So it is her who pull out the stunt to pretend to be her sister. Nice trick!! 

• Clapping Hands 3

I forgot to mention that I really love it that Ye Seul is gaining courage and confidence more and more. I was waiting how she would react with all those hate post-its around her seat in the library. Love that she spoke up right there and then. She apologised but also affirmed her position in the incident. I also love that Kang Sol A helped speak up for her, and minutes later, Sol B helped speak up for Sol A. Just love the sisterhood! I am very annoyed by higher-than-thou attitude of those law-practitioner-to-be who left hate post-it on Ye Seul desk. None of them is qualified to represent anyone if they don't have objective views on cases. They've just committed group bullying, booooooo......

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

6 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I really love it that Ye Seul is gaining courage and confidence more and more.

Yes, me too!! I really love this newfound confidence of hers. It was commendable for her to stand up and apologize to her classmates like that. The pre-law students are pretty despicable especially considering the profession they are all studying for. If bullying a person for something they were found not guilty of is justifiable to them, they are absolutely not qualify to be any practicing lawyer or prosecutor. :niu:

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Last day of class.... good thing there is no exam presented to us :laugh:

The finale is not as gripping exciting as I expected it would be. But it's still good and I still enjoyed it. So much so that as we're reaching the end, I am actually wishing for a second season :pandaheadstomp: It's like I don't want this to end, I want to keep watching learning :smug:

Not much to say about the finale, except for did the romance actually take off or not?!?? See, this is another reason we need a season 2. I still caught JH glancing lovingly at Sol A at 1h04m mark :pandahehe:

Oh, and it was hilarious when Prof.Kim posed as the Lady Justice. Also when the gang was busy reciting quotes by famous law practitioners, Sol A just enjoying her zzzzz. Girl has got her priority straight! Haha...

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Haha 3

MTDzeiV.gif

10 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

The finale is not as gripping exciting as I expected it would be.

Agree. It was mainly tying up all the loose ends.

But those pro the romance, this moment must have been :mad: :laugh: Even I, who am neutral, went "OOI!". You will also notice that in this hand sandwich, SolA's hands were in between SolB's, so Joon Hwi never got to touch her hahahaha!

spacer.png

spacer.png

Overall, this was an enjoyable drama. The parts I loved most were the technical arguments and of course the court scenes with Yang Jong Hoon.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Me too! I was expecting a bit more with the last episode but I enjoyed it regardless. My Wednesdays and Thursdays are going to be so empty now that I don't have Law School. :letalQQ:

I'm with you, @ktcjdrama! I hope for a second season too! Maybe they can finally show us Joon Hwi and Sol A together? :smug:

THIS. :LarvitarSDab1:

And this. 

But especially THISSSS! 

Thank you, @ktcjdrama @Chocolate @mademoiselle @40somethingahjumma @Alice Wonderland @movingwheel @stroppyse @SnowBlob and anyone I might have forgotten for sharing your thoughts every week or at some point during the airing of this drama!! 

Monthly House takes over Law School's time slot. Go join @abs-oluteM in supporting her oppa, Kim Ji Suk here. Haha!

Or you can join @SilverMoonTea in supporting her forbidden love in My Roommate is a Gumiho, which also airs on Wednesday/Thursday. Haha!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 2

@Tofu both your drama recommendations have to do with housing arrangements :laugh: Tell me, how may JH points they're giving you to sell their dramas?

2 hours ago, Chocolate said:

You will also notice that in this hand sandwich, SolA's hands were in between SolB's, so Joon Hwi never got to touch her hahahaha!

I did!! Difficult to make up the meaning of Sol A's expression, but she took it in strides anyway, while I was expecting a little bit of obvious jealousy. The show teased us good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

MTDzeiV.gif

While I appreciated what they were trying to do in the finale, I thought they were trying to cram quite a lot in all at once. I'm not sure why they didn't think or ask to split the episode up. (Or maybe they did) There was a lot going on and it did feel a bit crowded. Even Kang Dan manage to make an appearance at the 11 hour. That said, I enjoyed the "life goes on" rhythm underlying much of the episode. Nabbing Assemblyman Ko wasn't the end of it. Which makes good sense in this context. I liked everything that I saw but I'm not sure if certain scenes were necessary although it's a relief that the Kangs are going for counselling because that family dynamic is in dire need of intervention. 

I guess I don't have a problem with the editing that some viewers do. I generally manage to work out what's what in the juggling act of multiple arcs and cases. It's baffling though what the show chose to tie up and what it chose to leave open. Especially if there's no S2 in the pipeline. I probably need time to chew over the details, do a rewatch and think about how all the pieces of the puzzle fit.

What was pleasing to see is the evolution of Kang Sol A into someone who's beginning to think more and more like a lawyer. I was always rooting for her as the underdog who gave her all. From where she was at the start to where she ends up in the finale, she's grown so much, commanding the respect of her study mates. Her snores coming hot at the heels of everybody else throwing in their favourite quote was chuckle-worthy. Poor thing, she barely slept during the Mock Trial tournament. I don't think I had ever seen Ryu Hye-young in anything before (I only watched 4 eps of Reply 88 with FF button) but she was impressive particularly as Kang Dan. She's quite adorable and it isn't surprising everybody likes her. She even convinced Yang "I don't eat with students" Jong-hoon to buy her jajangmyeon. 

As someone who was barracking for a Sol A - Joon-hwi endgame, I'm reasonably happy with what we were given at the end. Everything is open to personal interpretation of course but I can't see them being with other people now and forever. They like each other too much and they work together so well. What they have is special which ever way you look at it. 

I am wondering like most people what the final time jump was meant to achieve apart from a SolHwi nod perhaps. Are they saying that Joon-hwi and Sol A are now doing a bit teaching with Yangcrates giving the new cohort the benefit of their law school experience? I am supposing God forbid if Yangcrates ever had favourites, these two would be it. :psweatduck:The bond and the trust that they share was/is a formidable combination and criminals beware. 

• Clapping Hands 3

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

5 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

That's what I'm thinking about the final scene.... which is why we need a season 2! :cool:

Only if they can cobble together a good enough script. :smile: I heard that there are no plans for a S2 but who knows really. The ratings were decent for cable. I'm just wondering if they burnt their bridges by having that final scene... unless they start with an entirely new cohort of students.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

both your drama recommendations have to do with housing arrangements :laugh: Tell me, how may JH points they're giving you to sell their dramas?

Selling their dramas means less pressure on me to need to watch it with them. :laugh:

That last scene is a bit suggestive of a second season but sometimes I feel like dramas do that to see if there's enough interest. If there is, they will consider producing another season. If there isn't, it's still a decent ending and with it being open ended, people can come up with their own conclusion to the drama. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Just done ep 16!! Taking very long time yea. Haha. 

I love the ending. Everything is just the new beginning. I really want to get season 2 for this! But yea if they would come back with same title probably they will bring different casts?? I want the law squad back! Watching them to fight for justice with the law they've learned are so addicting! I'm going to miss the classes! 

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2