Law School 로스쿨 [2021]

Tofu

@ktcjdrama this person is real talented.... she actually summarized everything... I could understand that there are two timelines(sometimes 3) are in play but it was very very very difficult to keep track... Production team should actually think of changing colour so that it is easier for us to understand....nonetheless story seems interesting...now all the attention is on YJH.. !!! 

Off Topic - Everytime this note maker mentions LMH , i keep reading it as Lee Min Ho rather than Lee Man Ho and it strikes me that HE is not here.... and its Lee Man Ho not Min Ho... Struggle of an international viewer.. 

• Haha 6

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home

@movingwheel @ktcjdrama It feels like I am a student when I watch this drama  - really have to pay attention - cannot slack like other dramas where I can multitask. But this ongoing case is like playing musical chairs or something like The Murder on the Orient Express. From Prof Yang , now it is HJH as the next suspect. 

Anyway after eps 2 it was clearer  - some things I have noted is that Oct 2020 is the present timeline when Prof Seo died. Then the one where Prof Kim was preggers and the Lee Man Ho (the sexual predator) was released and came to disturb her class was in the past. And I think his easy access into the uni was because he became Prof Seo's driver. He saw Prof Seo do a hit & run, and to shut him up Prof Seo hired him. HJH doing the petition to get his Seo to be dismissed as a Professor was also in the past. 

And ahaha...those who watch Beyond Evil will be amused to note that Jung Je's omma is not a bad woman here. She's close to Prof Yang but is also Dean. So she is caught between wanting what is best for her students and varsity  politics. So she & Yang agreed to stage that "mock trial" in the past to allow the students to argue out whether what HJH did ( the petition) is punishable or not. That way she can appease the higher ups and save HJH. 

HJH is an interesting character. He is seemingly idealistic in his admission interview and the petition he put shows he wants to walk the talk about being upright and all. His aunt though is surprised that he was included in Seo's will, and that will of course strengthen suspicions about him having a motive to kill the uncle. I am sure he isn't the killer but it will be an interesting twist if he is. 

• Like 5

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

I had less trouble with the time switching in episode 1 compared to 2. Nonetheless I've sort of managed. This time it's a lot more sloppy in one scene when the time change coz it was not transition very well at all.

I'm not sure the law jargons going to hold my attention very long although I'm doing pretty well so far and didn't doze off or lose concentration, lol. 

So guys, what exactly is Yang Jong Hoon's intention of insisting the Uni to use his test sheets and he must mark them? Was he trying to "investigate" the students based on their answers?

@abs-oluteM I'm a bit confused with the appearance of little Ha Eun. Lee Man Ho went to jail for 11 years. Isn't she too young to be his victim? She was scared of him...meaning she remembers him.

And yes, Do Hae Won congresswoman tends to alternate between good and evil roles. It has been like that whenever I see her in dramas. Last drama ended she's evil and the next she's good. LOL.

• Like 5
9 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM I'm a bit confused with the appearance of little Ha Eun. Lee Man Ho went to jail for 11 years. Isn't she too young to be his victim? She was scared of him...meaning she remembers him.

I don't think she was his victim. She saw his ankle bracelet and that was what freaked her out. 

11 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

So guys, what exactly is Yang Jong Hoon's intention of insisting the Uni to use his test sheets and he must mark them? Was he trying to "investigate" the students based on their answers?

hahahah.....I was thinking it was for the dramatics. He wanted to prove that he was so sure he would not be indicted, and no lecturer would want to mark someone else's test paper!

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

On 4/15/2021 at 1:48 PM, abs-oluteM said:

@movingwheel I caught the 1st episode too...very intense. You really have to pay attention to what is going on cause everyone talks super fast and you will need to read the subtitles quickly.

Same here for me. Had to re-wind a few times and was so tired after episode 1, I had to take a nap before continuing to episode 2. 😅 But the topics discussed are interesting, which I don't have a quick answer to, so I was keen to listen to the students' analysis and debate.

Unlike @mademoiselle I enjoy all the legal jargon lol

Kim Myung-Min looks quite stylish for a professor except, what's with that curled part at the end? 🤔😆

Law-school-JTBC-2021-13.jpg

• Haha 3
  • Clapping Hands 2

Waaaah @Chocolate how many dramas are you watching a week now?

16 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Same here for me. Had to re-wind a few times and was so tired after episode 1, I had to take a nap before continuing to episode 2. 😅 But the topics discussed are interesting, which I don't have a quick answer to, so I was keen to listen to the students' analysis and debate.

Unlike @mademoiselle I enjoy all the legal jargon lol

LOL, very hard-working! I can't be bothered to rewind that's why I gave up on the legal jargon. I just enjoy the gist and the analysis/debates.

17 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Kim Myung-Min looks quite stylish for a professor except, what's with that curled part at the end?

That's the first thing I noticed and laughed at. I had wanted to screenshot and pointed it out here but in the end got too lazy with it xD

• Haha 5

@Chocolate I always love your excel files & schedules !  I keep telling myself , I will watch less dramas but I keep picking new ones .  But I feel empty when I don’t have  a drama to watch. I think 5 dramas is actually a good number . 

OST  1 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

22 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM We'll never be free, lol!

After Navillera (and if you are also still watching River), we've Youth of May. And I also have Doom at Your Service on Mon-Tue.

Omoooooo . I plan to watch those two as well. River ends this week . Hmm I must do a schedule now :pandascared:

• Haha 5

Just finished ep 1...and I skimmed some of the comments above (not wanting to read them in detail coz I haven't watched ep 2 yet). 

At least this time I think I'm not alone when I say the changes of timeline confused me :pandaheadstomp: and I wholeheartedly agree that concentration is required to watch this drama..which unfortunately I didn't do...because I played on my iPad while watching :BulbaConfused: Maybe I'll give it my 100% concentration when I watch ep 2? shrugs

I feel like this drama can be a great drama ~ it feels like it's one of those smart dramas. But that will depend whether the writer can link everything and not to lose viewers' interest along the way while doing that. 

Who else gets the Sky Castle vibe from this drama? 

• Haha 5

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

Next episode preview

Hmm, interesting development. Wonder what happened.

@SnowBlob Why are you reminded of Sky Castle? This show reminds me of another drama which also has similar difficult technical terms flying left, right and center but I can't remember which off the top of my head. Either it's another law drama or a medical one.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Ep.3 was much easier to follow. We still have some flashback scenes but it’s easy to differentiate with present time. My only complaint (which I only noticed in this episode) is that either the make-up team or the lighting team is not doing a good job for most of our male characters...

The cliffhanger still as mysterious as previous ones, with JH telling the paroled guy not to donate blood to Yangcrates. Makes you wonder what is actually this young man’s secret. Is he or is he not the murderer of his uncle? At this point, I’d say it’s not him. There’s more to the death of his uncle, although I totally have no guess as to the who and why. 

@SnowBlob are you being reminded of SKY Castle because of the BGM used for some scenes? Some of the camera angles and shots might contribute to similar effect too, but I’m guessing it’s the music. I wouldn’t have made the connection that easily but now that you mentioned it, the show does have similar vibes. 

I worry for Kang Byul, but I have to say that why the three girls have to have that kind of conversation outside and not lower your voices?? Also, a clear glass window for people to easily peek into the house? I would immediately put up curtains so that no one can see the inside of my place. These two parts a bit of a SMH moment for me. The paroled guy is creepy, not to mention I am watching another drama where the same actor playing a bad guy role as well. 

• Like 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears

@mademoiselle @ktcjdrama i think it's the way they shot the scenes... I havent paid attention to the BGM but that could be as well.. And ...i dont know.... I ll pay closer attention to whqt might be the reasons when i watch ep 2 :pandablank: that if i'm not distracted with iPad or..with the complex storyline itself :pandascared:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

I was going to point out that curl at the end too and found @Chocolate and @mademoiselle thought the same. I really can't stand that tail!!! But tbh I don't like his whole hair style here -.- 

Oh my chocolate... you even create an excel sheet for watching dramas :shocked2:

Alright I finished ep 3. I must say I'm struggling. I think this will be one of those dramas where I want each ep to end faster but I dare not drop the drama because I'm afraid this will turn out to be a great drama. I found the details and the twists and the possible connections among all these mumbo jumbo interesting... but at the same time they sometimes become too much the drama becomes too draggy. Let's see after ep 4 whether I want to continue~

Also found out that Dean Oh after all is a good character? I hope so...that will be a nice change of character for actress Gil Have Yeon (and I really like how she's so different than her character in Beyond Evil here!). 

My question is... Why YJH didn't insist on his innocence from the beginning? And then let the truth out about the sugar when they replayed the crime scene. And revealed about he lost his laptop a while later??? 

And I wonder whether him being stabbed in the prison would amount to anything apart from him possibly receiving blood donation from a child rapist? 

If.. If.. there's any loveline in the drama.... I actually want Joon Hwi to be with Kang Sol B for now.. Don't quite like Kang Sol A's character (at least her as a law student anyway). Although I find Kang Sol A will make a cute pair with YJH's public defender :eeeee:

@ktcjdrama I think the BGM/soundtrack do make this drama similar to Sky Castle. The other small thing is also the title's font..also very similar to Sky Castle. I think the way they shoot some scenes also give off Sky Castle vibes but can't exactly remember what since I watched Sky Castle a long time ago. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

The only thing I can now remember of ep3 was how skinny Kim Myung Min is... like his head is not proportionate to his body... and why am I being shown an ahjussi in shower rather than Oppa Kim Beom? HAHAHA.

Oh yeah, another thing I remember is how bloody creepy was it that the rapist is looking at little Ha Eun :shocked2: (sorry, I still cannot remember her name in this drama so I'm calling her by the name in her previous drama). DAMNIT. She had NOT better become his victim. Her samchun will kill him! Errrr... @abs-oluteM will know what I'm talking about LOL LOL.

• Haha 5
31 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

like his head is not proportionate to his body..

He's always been like that ~ head seems to be a little bit bigger than body.

31 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

little Ha Eun (sorry, I still cannot remember her name in this drama so I'm calling her by the name in her previous drama)

Her name is Kang Byul. Sister of Kang Sol.

• Haha 5

MTDzeiV.gif

Episode 4 was awesome!! with the twists and unexpected reveal... I knew something is up with the aunt, hmph... Love this show! Love KMM! 

And I also want to say that I am so very proud of Kang Sol A in this episode

Spoiler

She scored the highest in Yangcrates exam :eeeee:because she didn't bring with her a prejudiced view and was careful to look at the case given. He said if she hadn't continued writing after time's up and got the paper torn, she would've gotten full mark :laugh:

Preview was also very exciting. Can't wait for ep.5...

I have to say though, the English translation in Netflix, does not really use the legal terms for some that were mentioned, whereas the Chinese use it. Yeah, I was going back and forth between the two subs when they're discussing cases. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 3
  • Shocked 1

MTDzeiV.gif

@mademoiselle @ktcjdrama now why are we talking about head disproportionate to the body??? HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA (you know who else I thought has a 'disproportionate' head-neck ratio?)

Spoiler

Lee Jae Hoon. But he's handsome so...

9 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

She had NOT better become his victim. 

I really hope hope hope NOT. She's such a cutie.. and how smart too! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2