Writer: Seo In
Network: JTBC
Episodes: 16
Release Date: April 14th, 2021
Air Time: Monday and Tuesday
English Subtitles: Netflix
Official Website: JTBC

Synopsis
“Law School” is about the students and professors of South Korea’s top law school who get caught up in an unusual case.

Yang Jong Hoon (Kim Myung Min), a criminal law professor who used to be an elite prosecutor. His harsh words make him the No. 1 professor to avoid among the students, but there is something addictive about his strict teaching methods that refuses to accept less than the best from his future juniors in the legal profession.

Kang Sol (Ryu Hye Young), a first-year law student who overcame poverty and misfortune in childhood to gain special admission to the law school. She walks a path of thorns due to the constant sense of deprivation and shame compared to the wealth and talent around her, but her passion will teach her the truth about what it means to be a lawyer.

Han Joon Hwi (Kim Bum), another first-year law student who is at the top of his class. He’s a natural leader whose good looks and easy charm make him the perfect man on paper. However, he has an unexpected side of him that he keeps hidden.

Kim Eun Sook (Lee Jung Eun), a civil law professor who used to be the head of the law school’s legal clinic for free legal services. Her natural air of authority and freewheeling personality gave her the reputation for being a master in court, and she is famous for being a relatable professor at the law school. She is also the only colleague in whom Yang Jong Hoon confides. (Credit)

• Like 3
  • Party! 2

Cast

BSpnMqn.jpg
Kim Myung Min as Yang Jong Hoon

bMgxPcv.jpg
Ryu Hye Young as Kang Sol 

ZJV3gVG.jpg
Kim Bum as Han Joon Hwi

osrIDBy.jpg
Lee Jung Eun as Kim Eun Sook

Spoiler

Beaxg4o.jpg

Lee Soo Kyung as Kang Sol (a second character with the same name)

Spoiler

1Vwz2Fj.jpg

David Lee as Seo Ji Ho

Spoiler

2FY4NTA.jpg

Go Yoon Jung as Jeon Ye Seul

Spoiler

T5MR8R8.jpg

Hyun Woo as Yoo Seung Jae

• Like 3
  • Party! 2
1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

Kim Myung Min!!
I am watching for sure! Not to mention it’s about law and prosecution. Not to mention there’s Kim Bum. Not to mention it’s by JTBC. Yup, I am watching this. 

I think my reaction was similar, but more along the lines of -- OMG, Kim Myung Min!! Kim Bum too!! Yay, it's law and prosecution! :laugh:

• Like 3
  • Party! 1

More casting updates:

Spoiler

Photos of some of the cast -- is it bad that I remember the top left actress as Kim Kyung Nam's love interest in Where Stars Land, the top right actor as Park Seo Jun's high school friend that he helped in Itaewon Class, and the bottom left actor as the guy who was in the drama about three witches? :eeeee:And I have no idea who the girl in the bottom right is.

qdt0miq.jpg

• Like 3

The individual character posters:

LQNmBff.jpg

Spoiler

BSpnMqn.jpg

osrIDBy.jpg

bMgxPcv.jpg

ZJV3gVG.jpg

2FY4NTA.jpg

Beaxg4o.jpg

1Vwz2Fj.jpg

T5MR8R8.jpg

Stills of Kim Myung Min

4OYiR4Y.jpg

Spoiler

w5P4gtq.jpg

bM8INGW.jpg

Kim Bum stills

Spoiler

ktatPT7.jpg

Gr9fiJM.jpg

JasWlRO.jpg

GMKUNZT.jpg

With the drama just around the corner, I'm anticipating more promos will be released in the next few weeks. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Kim Bum And Kim Myung Min Discuss Their “Law School” Characters And The Drama’s Highlights

by S. Cho

JTBC’s “Law School” has released new teasers!

“Law School” is a campus mystery that follows the story of students and professors of South Korea’s top law school who get caught up in an unusual case.

A new batch of teasers feature photos of Kim Myung Min and Kim Bum. Kim Myung Min stars as former elite detective and current criminal law professor Yang Jong Hoon. Regarding his character’s charms, Kim Myung Min shared, “He doesn’t pay attention to others and makes harsh remarks without hesitation so he’s known on campus as ‘Yang-crates of Horror.’ However, he’s just poor at expressing himself; I felt how sincerely he wants to make sure his students do not become vicious lawyers. He has passion and a warm heart.”

In many of his previous roles, Kim Myung Min has portrayed doctors, lawyers, and professors, earning him the nickname of “pro professional worker.” When asked what made “Law School” stand out to him, the actor answered, “The background of a law school that nurtures future lawyers felt novel.”

He continued, “When you watch the professors’ classes and the students’ debates, you can see how they use detail to elaborately handle issues everyone has dealt with in real life. That’s why I think it’ll become a high class drama that makes you think about what law and justice truly mean.”

Lastly, Kim Myung Min picked the drama’s highlight points. He commented, “Professor Yang, who is tough but has a hidden warm side, his students who all flaunt their individuality, and the journey of solving all the happenings at law school.” He added, “Since it’s a project that aims to realistically reflect reality, I believe that everyone will be able to relate more and more with each episode. There’s just that much to see and there’s a lot to look forward to from director Kim Seok Yoon so I hope everyone watches enjoyably.”

The drama also stars Kim Bum as first-year law school student Han Joon Hwi who is at the top of his class. Han Joon Hwi is virtually perfect, with his good looks and incredible academic background, having passed exams for both the bar and the Korean National Police University.

However, he’s different from other extremely studious law students who only focus on school. Kim Bum explained, “He relates to the hurt and the concerns of his peers and has the leadership to help solve and overcome various conflicts altogether.”

Kim Bum spoke about his first day filming a scene in Kim Myung Min’s lecture, sharing, “All the actors came about an hour and a half earlier than planned in order to prepare. As a result, I remember we started after we were able to rehearse multiple times as if we were really in the class.”

Kim Bum also discussed what an honor it was to work with Kim Myung Min and director Kim Seok Yoon. He shared, “They were both always serious and passionate so they became examples for everyone on set and always made the atmosphere better. It was a set that helped me feel the preciousness of learning in each and every moment.”

For his personal highlight point, Kim Bum shared, “With the setting of a school where people study law, ‘Law School’ tells the transformative story of the different scenarios people experience and how they turn that into growth.”

JTBC also released a teaser for the drama that captures the intensity of Professor Yang Jong Hoon with a surprising twist. As he makes a grand entrance, people make comments like, “People call him ‘Yang-crates of Horror?'” “Professor Yang Jong Hoon is quite impressive,” and “Yang Jong Hoon’s calling is being a detective.”

After, Yang Jong Hoon says, “I have a new goal. Even if I can’t make incredible lawyers as a professor, I will not make a single lawyer who’s a bully.” He continues, “Didn’t you say you wanted to learn from me? Then are you still going to say that you’re going to quit?”

Then he’s in a heated discussion with a student as he asks, “What are the issues with this scenario?” A student replies, “I did try to prepare…” and he interjects, “If you did try to prepare, then you must be able to answer.” The student backs down and he angrily tells her, “Giving up on your answer is the same as giving up on this class.”

At the end, he firmly announces, “I’m Yang Jong Hoon, who teaches criminal law.” However, his image is overlapped with an image of him in handcuffs and a prisoner’s uniform, raising questions about the professor’s past.

The producers commented, “Through his image in just one cut, Kim Myung Min was able to convey the message that ‘Law School’ is trying to send. Even on set, our staff members watched in awe of his charisma. Through the first Korean drama with a law school setting and the various mysterious situations that arise, please look forward to Kim Myung Min as Professor Yang who will raise his students to be tough lawyers.”

JTBC’s “Law School” premieres on April 14 at 9 p.m. KST following the conclusion of “Sisyphus: The Myth.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1459525wpp/kim-bum-and-kim-myung-min-discuss-their-law-school-characters-and-the-dramas-highlights

• Like 3

Kim Bum And Ryu Hye Young Lead Polar Opposite Lives In Upcoming Drama “Law School”

Kim-Bum1.jpg

Upcoming JTBC drama “Law School” has shared new glimpses of Kim Bum and Ryu Hye Young!

“Law School” is a campus mystery that follows the story of students and professors of South Korea’s top law school who get caught up in an unusual case. The drama stars Kim Bum as top student Han Joon Hwi and Ryu Hye Young as the tenacious Kang Sol A.

Kim-Bum-Ryu-Hye-Young.jpg

Han Joon Hwi and Kang Sol A are two students who are different in every possible way. Hailing from the Korean National Police University, Han Joon Hwi entered law school into the top of his class after passing the second round of the bar exam. On the other hand, Kang Sol A was just barely able to make it through the door, having been selected through a special screening process for those from low income families.

Ryu-Hye-Young.jpg

Thanks to the feared professor Yang Jong Hoon (Kim Myung Min), nicknamed “Yang-crates of Horror,” Kang Sol A’s law school life grows overrun with an inhumane amount of assignments and exams. Meanwhile, Han Joon Hwi’s law school experience is the polar opposite, as he is wanted in everyone’s study groups for his breadth of legal knowledge.

With drama fans wondering how such opposite characters will get to know each other, new stills of the pair showcasing their path to friendship have been released.

As students who aren’t inclined to competition, Han Joon Hwi and Kang Sol A will share all of the trying and tedious moments of law school in which one must shed blood, sweat, and tears in order to graduate. In the new stills, they stand face to face at a bookstore, with Kang Sol A looking taken aback at Han Joon Hwi’s appearance.

Ryu-Hye-Young-Kim-Bum.jpg

In other stills, Kang Sol A stands at a counter filling out a form, her features twisted into a disgruntled expression. When Han Joon Hwi joins her, she looks at him with furrowed eyebrows.

The drama’s production team commented, “Kim Bum and Ryu Hye Young created on set the kind of young energy that only those in the same peer group can make. That energy should be able to be seen completely intact on screen as well. Look forward to the growth and friendship of Han Joon Hwi and Kang Sol A, who will head together toward their dream of becoming lawyers while dealing with a series of incidents at law school.”

“Law School” is scheduled to premiere on April 14 at 9 p.m. KST following the conclusion of “Sisyphus: The Myth.”

source

I'm intrigued by these two more than Kim Myung Min xD

• Like 2
  • Haha 2