Oh! Master / Oh! My Lady Lord 오! 주인님 [2021]

Tofu

I have no idea what they were saying but I sure laughed along with them during the part when Lee Min Ki was introducing Nana's character. Haha! 

1 hour ago, mindy said:

I don't know how I can wait a whole week more!!

Same! I think I got a little more excited watching some of the scenes that played in the videos you posted. I'm so glad this is a Wednesday/Thursday drama because I don't think I can add any more to my drama list for the end of the week into the weekend. :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

[Upcoming Drama] The Character Guide to a Rom-Com, ‘Oh My Ladylord’ 
by willow
(Source: Zapzee)
Will Lee Min Ki and Nana’s romance be able to raise MBC dramas’ reputation from the ashes as they live together?

MBC is presenting its first mini-series for the year since Kairos and The Spy Who Loved Me last December. Oh My Ladylord is about a man who chooses not to date and a woman who cannot date, as they fall for each other while living together under a contract. Scriptwriter Cho Jin Guk who demonstrated delicate and fairytale-like stories in Soulmate, Hello Franceska, and You Are My Destiny, also wrote for this show. At the same time, producer Oh Da Young from Bleak Night and Bad Papa joined with her young and sentimental directing.

Lee Min Ki as Han Bi Soo, the Thriller Drama Screenwriter

Living up to the name, which means ‘dagger’, Bi Soo puts daggers to people’s hearts on a daily basis and thinks he knows it all. As a selfish and self-centered germaphobe, he has obsessive compulsions over keeping doors closed. Currently, he is ‘The Best Thriller Screenwriter’ in the country. Bi Soo’s work revives from almost failing. Thanks to Oh Joo In, an actress he previously refused to cast three times. After he starts to live with Oh Joo In under a contract, the heartless thriller gradually becomes a different genre and becomes Bi Soo’s sincere love letter to Joo In.

Nana as Oh Joo In, the Actress Who’s a Rom-Com Queen 

Oh Joo In is Korea’s acclaimed rom-com Queen. Contrary to her flashy outward appearances, she became the breadwinner since 17 after her father passed away, leaving her with a large debt and an ill mother. She thought being an actress would make her a fortune. And she jumped into the show business thinking that she could play happiness that she couldn’t achieve in her real life. Although she was rejected by Han Bi Soo three times as a struggling actress, she becomes the savior of his TV series as it faces a crisis. She begins to live with Bi Soo, who has OCD with fear of not completing his writing unless he is at a Hanok. (T/N: Hanok is traditional Korean housing.)

Kang Min Hyuk as Jung Yoo Jin, KT Cosmetics’ Head of Management Planning

Jung Yoo Jin is the third-generation chaebol(billionaire) of a cosmetics company. He has a soft, delicate, and caring personality. Once he likes someone, he does not change his mind. He fell in love with Oh Joo In at first sight in his schooldays, and he is still in love with her. While he left for France to study, he returned home for Oh Soo-jin and joint management of the cosmetics company in Korea. After choosing Oh Joo In as the brand model of KT Cosmetics, he decides to confess to his long-time crush. However, he finds out that she is living with another man.

• Like 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

I finished watching episode one and so far I like it.

Han Bi Soo is prickly and extremely particular about who he wants in his dramas. Oh Joo In is a successful celebrity who has always wanted to be in Bi Soo's dramas, but has been rejected multiple times. She tries again but is rejected by Bi Soo. He thinks she's one dimensional and is not able to play the roles that he writes (non-romantic comedies). Bi Soo gets into an argument with the actress he hires and she falls. She hurts herself and he's to blame for it. The production company is adamant that he brings in Joo In to play the female lead. 

We are briefly introduced to both of their families in episode one as well. Joo In's mother lives in a nursing home, seems like she has dementia. It also seems like her father may have passed away. Bi Soo has an ill relationship with his father but it's unclear as to why. He saw something his father did when he was younger but it didn't show what it was. His mom has a high position in the hospital (I forget what position) and his father is a doctor. 

Bi Soo's mom ends up selling one of her houses, the one that Bi Soo is living in, to Joo In. Turns out this house was Joo In's childhood home. Bi Soo's mom doesn't tell him and after a night of drinking, he comes home (Joo In has already moved in). At the end of the episode, they realized that they are not the only ones in the house. 

It'll be interesting to see how both of them come to terms with what's happening -- their living arrangements. I also think it's a little strange that Joo In did not change the door codes/locks after moving in. Also....was anyone shocked by Bi Soo's sudden accident? It took me by surprise because I was not expecting it at all. And how does one get hit by a truck and not have any physical or internal injuries?! :pandathink: I guess I wonder who his guardian angel is that said he would "save" Bi Soo when the accident happened. 

• Heart Eyes 1

@Tofu it was an enjoyable 1st eps for me. I can’t wait to see more.  Who knew Mr Writer was more diva than the top celebrity actress. Nana’s character is very likeable & I think her struggles as an actress is quite realistic- especially in not wanting to be typecast . 

Co - habitation arrangements! 

How did you all find it @mindy @mademoiselle?

• Like 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

14 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Who knew Mr Writer was more diva than the top celebrity actress.

Hahaha, I know! That beginning scene when he was wearing the gloves....I thought, "Wow, he is really taking COVID seriously" and then he stops at a vinyl shop. :laugh::laugh:

• Haha 1

@Tofu Eps 2 was also  fun & I am happy I get to see it as soon as it airs since IQIYI releases the episode on the same night . Mr Writer is prickly & an eccentric, but he’s got a good heart & she experienced that 1st hand when he drove her to the nursing home . I feel quite sad for her cause of her mum’s mental state . I wonder how her father died . Oh he’s dead right ? Or is he missing ? Lkkkk my brain is mixing up all the dramas  :hug:

Mr Writer’s dad is pretty awful if you ask me & I can understand why he refuses to move back home . The father has put an emotional burden on his own son by making him lie ( a lie of omission that is ) about the father being so loving & loyal the mum. But does mum really not know ? Seems like the mum is the one that holds the power in the hospital right ? I can understand why he despises his dad.  Kkkkk maybe that’s why he likes writing crime stuff & his work is so gory - to release tension

With regards to the OTP , I really like their interactions. There’s the usual cute bickering  but it is not overdone . They balance it with moments where both are able to discuss things like adults. What I hate sometimes in rom/coms is when they overdo the misunderstanding bits & two adults act like kids . And also they both have pretty likeable personalities despite the emotional baggages that they carry . 

Preview eps3 where KMH will appear 

Subbed - character intro by the cast

• Like 1

Yesterday, was an exhausting day at work so I wasn't able to watch this but I finished it today. I must say, I am really starting to enjoy this drama. Lee Min Ki is bringing Han Bi Soo to life -- he's so eccentric, a bit of a narcissist, and kind of diva like you said, @abs-oluteM. Haha!

I really liked the scene with the little girl that visited the vinyl shop. I thought that was really cute and commendable of Bi Soo to allow her to purchase the vinyl even though she was short by $90 (vinyl was $100 and she only had $10). I think this shows that despite being a prick at times, he does have compassion towards others. 

On 3/25/2021 at 10:09 PM, abs-oluteM said:

I feel quite sad for her cause of her mum’s mental state . I wonder how her father died . Oh he’s dead right ? Or is he missing ?

I think he might have died, but I'm also watching a lot of dramas so I could also be mixing up storylines like you too. :eeeee:I think it's interesting that her dad was a novelist and Bi Soo is only able to write in that house. Maybe there's something special about that house. 

I'm excited to see both of them live together in the next episodes and how Kang Min Hyuk's character is going to shake things up. However, I am probably the most curious about the supernatural arc. What does he mean when he says Bi Soo doesn't have much time to live? :pandathink:

By the way, Nana looked really pretty as Audrey Hepburn in her CF for the cosmetic brand in the drama. 

5ab0f535d591a68a56aa3c478e7e4fd3f65fa91a

Credit

• Heart Eyes 1

@abs-oluteM - I was looking at some stuff for Oh! Master today and suddenly realized that Han Bi Soo had a naked in the shower scene plus a scene of him using the bathroom. They used the peach emoji to censor his bottom half in the shower scene. Hahaha! :eeeee:

Some photos of Nana as Audrey Hepburn. =)

If anyone is curious about what Nana wore:

Spoiler

• Haha 1
50 minutes ago, Tofu said:

@abs-oluteM - I was looking at some stuff for Oh! Master today and suddenly realized that Han Bi Soo had a naked in the shower scene plus a scene of him using the bathroom. They used the peach emoji to censor his bottom half in the shower scene. Hahaha! :eeeee:

ahahahah...did you know some knetz kicked up a fuss about it being inappropriate? Lol. And here I was so pleased to have a shower scene :GrowDerp:

I love her outfits in this show. She carried that Audrey Hepburn one so well.

And you're right , Tofu. There must be something in this house that gives inspiration to the writer. Eps 2 does explain why he had no injuries despite being hit by the car. Definitely did not expect a supernatural twist to this , but it seems he is living on borrowed time

• Like 1

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

ahahahah...did you know some knetz kicked up a fuss about it being inappropriate? Lol. And here I was so pleased to have a shower scene 

Really?! Hahaha! I thought it was appropriate considering the personality of Han Bi Soo. It's a rom-com so I just expect those types of scenes. :laugh:

I think it's ironic how Han Bi Soo is going through bad press for the way he "treated" his leading actress and how that resonate a bit with the current situation with people wanting to cancel shows and production company scrambling to find replacements. Luckily, Red Signal or was it Red Siren (I need to stop watching so many dramas so I don't get them mixed up), hadn't filmed many scenes so they had time to find a replacement. 

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

Definitely did not expect a supernatural twist to this , but it seems he is living on borrowed time

Yeah, it's an interesting addition. I don't know how I feel about it yet, but I am curious to see how they use this throughout the drama. 

Nana's many outfits:

UDuCgLN.jpg

B&W photos of the three leads from the press conference:

Spoiler

yoBdRjk.jpg

nGzjeCt.jpg

vc6Iv1O.jpg

• Heart Eyes 1

I managed to catch eps 3 just now. 

Han Bi Soo officially moves in for 3 months on the condition that he amends the thriller to be less gory - she wanted him to have less people killed plus he needed to call her Master since it rhymes with her name!  Of course there were some fun cohabitation hijinks but nothing over the top. He did remove all her furniture and put them in storage & brought in his . LOL! The guy is anal about cleanliness and order - pretty OCD . Joo In tries her best to accommodate to his quirks , and though he initially snubbed her kind gestures , they somewhat come to a good compromise & understanding as the episode progresses.

So the sad news is that Han Bi Soo's mum has a terminal illness , and she has not told him about it. She seems to be wrapping things up . She is resigning and has nominated the husband and the other doctor to take her place. You can tell that she's not so keen for the husband to take over , but as courtesy she puts his name in. I have a feeling she knows his true colours (and possibly his cheating ways ) but has decided to not bring it up. It looks like she is trying to do all the things she wants. She went and look up some old college mates and co-incidentally her college crush was the record shop owner . She reconnects with the man. HanBS is not aware that they know each other.

We had a brief intro to Kang Min Hyuk's character. He and In Joo are very close. Seems like he is an artist or something and is very successful . He is based abroad and has returned to Seoul.

In Joo's mum finally agrees to visit the house that she bought. In Joo was so excited since mum will stay over for 3 days. HBS was pretty sweet - he agreed without much fuss to move out for that period. However , he just can't seem to write anywhere else and sneaks into the house at night to complete the script. He was able to finish but it was already morning. In Joo caught him and asked him to leave but mum came into the room and called him her husband. Looks like her Alzheimer is back !  Tomorrow's episode should be fun

• Party! 1

I'm halfway through episode 3 and Han Bi Soo's obsession with cleaning....hahahaha! I thought it was so funny how much cleaning he did to the point where he was using a tweezer to get strands of hair too. :eeeee:And his reason for not eating at home = no trash. :laugh:

I have a feeling that the reason Han Bi Soo cannot stand a slightly opened door has something to do with his father and what he witnessed. Whatever happened between them, it's probably why he needs to have all the door closed -- he doesn't want to see what's happening on the other side. 

@abs-oluteM, did you think the exchanges between Han Bi Soo's father and the female doctor was a little strange. Was she the person that had the affair with the father or am I just reading into it too much? :pandathink:

12 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

HBS was pretty sweet - he agreed without much fuss to move out for that period.

I agreed! I really thought he was going to put up a fight but he didn't. He even helped Joo In change the room around too! I loved that he made that comment at the corner market -- he knows someone who would not abandon their parents just because they have an illness. I guess you're not so prickly after all, Han Bi Soo. :smug:

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Tofu said:

@abs-oluteM, did you think the exchanges between Han Bi Soo's father and the female doctor was a little strange. Was she the person that had the affair with the father or am I just reading into it too much? :pandathink:

That crossed my mind too. It would be very sad if that is the case because the mum would be betrayed by two people very close to her. 

• Like 1