Oh! Master / Oh! My Lady Lord 오! 주인님 [2021]

Tofu

Han Bi Soo is growing on me. Though he can be pretty prickly and all,  the man clearly has a good heart. I loved how he decided to play along as In Joo's dad to make her mother happy. And even after the mother came to her senses that it wasn't the husband , he was sweet enough to accompany her for the evening. This touched In Joo - and I have to say I love the LPs they played during the dance scenes. The budding romance is moving along as expected with both Bi Soo and In Joo seeing each other in a different light. I was very surprised that he was as worried as he was about her safety. 

Kang Min Hyuk (Yoo Jin) had more screen time this round , and how convenient that he was the heir to KT Cosmetics - this part was a tad cheesy & predictable but oh well maybe we have all watched way too many rom-coms. But at least he is the 2nd lead . This sort of profile is usually reserved for the 1st leads . LOL! Anyhow, he had never revealed his true identity to In Joo as he didn't want it to affect their friendship. But since he has decided to return to Korea , and has taken on a position with KT, he finally had to. In Joo got lucky since this would mean that she won't lose the KT contract.

We also discover that Bi Soo and In Joo's mums were old friends . Bi Soo's mum reconnected with the latter after many years. It was revealed that she had cut off contact with In Joo's mum at the point in her life when her fiancé died. Seems like Bi Soo's mum didn't have things that easy. I wonder now if Bi Soo's dad is his biological dad. Anyhow , from the preview our leads & their mums will all meet up at the record shop.

Maybe it is because he is a crime writer, Bi Soo picked up very quickly on the threatening letter she received. It was fortunate that he saved her in her dressing room of the Awards Show. Of course , it had to be the perfect timing where Yoo Jin walks in to see Bi Soo hug a very frazzled and shaken In Joo. Ahhhh let the love triangle begin! :pandahappy:

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

On 4/1/2021 at 10:23 AM, abs-oluteM said:

Han Bi Soo is growing on me. Though he can be pretty prickly and all,  the man clearly has a good heart.

He is growing on me too! He's a bit eccentric in everything he does but as Joo In said, he is a good person. I was surprised to hear that he continued to play the role of Joo In's dad even after her mom's mental state came back to present time. The dancing scene was very heartwarming and I also loved the song played during this scene too. In general, the songs played have been great!

giphy.gif

I was very surprised that he was as worried as he was about her safety.

At first I was confused at how worried he was about the hate mail and then it hit me, I think it was a combination of worrying and his obsessive compulsive disorder. Bi Soo seemed pretty fixated on it, almost as if he needed to get down to the bottom of it. Regardless, I loved it -- keeping worrying, Han Bi Soo! :smug:

It's dramaland, so of course everyone knows each other. :eeeee:I was starting to feel a bit bad for Bi Soo's mom because she seemed pretty lonely. I'm glad that she reconnected with Joo In's mom and her old church crush too. It seems like whatever illness she has, she's reconnecting with all the people she's always wanted to but couldn't because of life. I actually really enjoyed the dialogue they had with each other. 

Joo In's Mom: When I was happy, I didn't think much about you. When I was going through a tough time, I didn't want to show that side to you. I only have myself to blame. 

Han Bi Soo's Mom: You can't blame yourself. That's life. 

I think this resonates with many people in general. Sometimes life gets so busy that you don't have time to connect with all the people in your life. In some ways, I think COVID has given us a little of that back this past year. 

It was revealed that she had cut off contact with In Joo's mum at the point in her life when her fiancé died. Seems like Bi Soo's mum didn't have things that easy. I wonder now if Bi Soo's dad is his biological dad.

Both moms went through a lot of heartaches in their life. :cry: I wonder the same too. It would be great if he wasn't because he seems like a selfish person. 

I'm glad that the drama focused on building the relationship between Bi Soo and Joo In before bringing in Yoo Jin. Of course he would be the "daddy long leg" type second lead. Haha! Interesting to see how his appearance is going to affect the relationship between the leads. 

By the way, the song that Lee Min Ki sing was My Shampoo Fairy by Light & Salt.

Spoiler

Lee Min Ki's rendition from the drama. 

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

@Tofu they say Lee Min Ki's jealousy burning  in this article  :smug:

106291342.1.jpg

The released photo shows Joo-in Oh, who came to the nursing home to meet her mother, Yoon Jeong-hwa (played by Kim Ho-jeong). Joo-in Oh is smiling brightly when meeting her mother who does not live with her. It is Jung Yu-jin that Oh Ju-in and Yoon Jeong-hwa are welcoming. Jung Yu-jin, who is full of presents in his hand, is approaching jhem with a happy greeting. From the smiles full of three faces, you can guess how friendly they are.

However, there is one person who is not happy with this situation. It is Han Bisu. Han Bisu is staring at Jung Yu-jin, who suddenly appeared, with a sharp expression. In the previous broadcast, after seeing Jung Yu-jin taking Oh Joo-in home, Han Bi-soo mistaken him as Oh Joo-in's boyfriend. As a result, it seems that Han Bi-soo's jealousy toward Jung Yu-jin was burning.

Han Bisu, a man who did not pay attention to anyone other than himself, turned so cute in front of the feeling of love. Jung Yu-jin is also a man who has been looking only at Oh Ju-in since he met Ju-in Oh at the age of 17. What kind of 'love attack' (romance strategy) will the two men with different charms unfold toward the owner of Oh. How will Ju-in Oh react to the feelings of the two men? Of the two, who will win the heart of Oh Ju-in? The curiosity increases.

https://sports.donga.com/article/all/20210407/106291359/1

They have to head to the police station to give their statement for last week's incident

• Like 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

I loved a lot of things about these two episodes and I'm going to need some time to collect my thoughts. However, I didn't want this thread to be so empty or @abs-oluteM for you to talk to yourself, so I thought I would at least post something about the song playing in the background when Han Bi Soo confessed his feelings to Joo In. 

The song is called My Love By My Side by Kim Hyun Sik. I used to watch Immortal Songs and this song was very popular among the artists. I remembered searching up on him and the song when I noticed a lot of the artists would sing it. Like Han Bi Soo mentioned in the drama, Kim Hyun Sik was really sick when he recorded this song (he had liver disease). He used to sneak out of the hospital to record his songs, but at the time, was too sick to record this song. He had his agency bring the recording equipment to the hospital so he could record it. This song was written for his wife and he was adamant about recording it before he died. Kim Hyun Sik died shortly after and didn't live to see the album this song was released in. 

This is a pretty sad song so I'm curious if there's more to this than just a song that Han Bi Soo liked when he was in high school. Is the drama trying to foreshadow something? Han Bi Soo was told he doesn't much time -- will his life mirror the story behind this song? 

The original song.

Spoiler

Some of my favorite Immortal Song covers of this song -- because, as sad as it is, this song is amazing!

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Yipeeeee...I am all caught up. The love triangle was pretty unusual ...she is actually going to give both men a chance to woo her over.  I think she has never entertained the thought of dating anyone given her celebrity status, and two men suddenly confessing must have taken her aback. In some ways both are worthy suitors, but I prefer Bi Soo - this cranky man being so in love is just too cute. Plus his efforts has this low key but sincere feel to it. 

But , the drama has been slowly hinting at tragedy. Bi Soo is aware of his mum's illness. I teared up when he asked the PD of the network to move up the airing date- he wanted mum to see his show before she passed on. :nervous:. He pretends in front of mum that he doesn't know but it is clearly killing him inside especially when he is trying to prove on brave front. And again Bi Soo saw the guy who said he was living on borrowed time...yikes...will this light rom-com turn dark?

Second show this week where we see how heartbreaking the effects of Alzheimer's is. For the 1st time, In Joo's mum had an episode where she could not recognise her. In Joo knew the day would come but it was still tough for her. 

• Like 1

I thought it was strange that she wanted to give both men a chance too. Usually, you lean towards one side a little more. I think what Joo In said is very accurate about Yu Jin. He's comfortable and doesn't bring much excitement -- predictable. Bi Soo, on the other hand, you never know what you're going to get. I find myself looking forward to what Bi Soo's going to say next -- will he be grouchy, funny, or heartfelt? The camping date took me by surprise. I was not expecting that at all. I assumed that he would do something at home, but that was on another level. He's quite romantic in his own ways. 

The boys in this week's episodes, hahaha! They are so competitive. I did enjoy their buddying moment when they went out for drinks. If both of them didn't like the same girl, I think they would have made good friends. 

Han Bi Soo's relationship with his mom is sweet. I love that he calls her "my Hae Jin". I think that builds a connection that's a lot closer and deeper than if he were to call her "mom". Bi Soo's mom was correct when she says that he tends to never let others know that he's struggling. Until now, I don't think he's told anyone he knew about his mom's diagnoses until Joo In mentioned it. Even then, he didn't elaborate. They briefly talked about what he saw when he was 18, but still have not gone into details, what is the dad's secret? The ending of this week's episode, the possibility.....the man that his mom loved, is that his dad? I think his mom mentioned in one of the episodes that he passed away due to an accident. 

16 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

And again Bi Soo saw the guy who said he was living on borrowed time...yikes...will this light rom-com turn dark?

I think we're going to keep getting reminded that he's living on borrowed time. I'm a bit impatient so I would like to know why soon. 

Lastly, now that we're on episode 8, I think one of the biggest weakness of this drama is that there are very little characterization. I don't feel a connection to Yu Jin and sometimes even Joo In. Yu Jin is the CEO of a cosmetic company who loves his childhood friend and Joo In is a top star who's takes care of her sick mom. That's kind of it....isn't it? Han Bi Soo has layers whereas the other two are one dimensional to me. Sometimes I even feel like the side characters (e.g. Bi Soo's assistant, Joo In's manager, and both moms) have better characterization. I hope that in the remaining episodes, we get to see more. 

Episode 9 Preview.

• Heart Eyes 1

The OSTs, I hope they released the cover of My Love By My Side that played during the camping scene. :yoongibtspls:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

A bunch of photos to follow. =)

Camping Date.

upzNiDA.jpg

Spoiler

cugVzn3.jpg

RhdA9fr.jpg

Han Bi Soo. 

6UaXGZu.jpg

Spoiler

Qt17OCL.jpg

Jyo1L7w.jpg

Ih9Dddj.jpg

3JzzKtE.jpg

JwKFMvM.jpg

ZcBP1TF.jpg

Joo In.

4QX17kn.jpg

Spoiler

sRbM5gc.jpg

aT5A8cq.jpg

0yWky2B.jpg

I guess, here are some of Yu Jin too. Haha!

Spoiler

rVeiNQK.jpg

FHkYjJ3.jpg

u6G1fr2.jpg

iBV9TcF.jpg

ZHgD1F7.jpg

• Heart Eyes 1

I found Han Bi Soo a bit strange. He supposed to be OCD and very precise. But his clothes not fit him perfectly, its too big 😅. And his hair messy. So felt a bit mismatch. 

I'm already on ep 2. And I like when Bi Soo drive her to meet her mom. Rofl with the doctor suggestion to take selca with the hallucination guy. 

BS actually is soft hearted, he even paying for the vynil record that the little girl want to buy for her grandma. 

This drama for keep for now @abs-oluteM. LMK is cute.

• Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

Yay @SilverMoonTea I am glad you are watching this. Yes it seems even in SK , the following is small. But I like the drama , it is not too angsty and the leads are likeable. I have enough heavy shows as it is. So I need something light to balance it up

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

BS really such a mature guy. He always console JI in very different way. I guess because he's writer, he have very broad perspective. His suggestion to go ahead with acting for her mom, so reassuring. 

I actually also quite like JI's character. She's elegant. I was thought since she's actress, she will be quite diva. But she's not. 

BS quite passionate in love too. Eventhough he fall hard and fast, and he seems act out of his personality. Somehow it still felt natural. 

The mothers friendship also so touching. BS's mom so witty. She still able to joke about their illness and said that she win the competition of the sickness.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

@SilverMoonTea - Yay!! More people watching this show! It's a cute drama with it's own set of flaws, but Han Bi Soo is really a wonderful character. 

12 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

BS's mom so witty. She still able to joke about their illness and said that she win the competition of the sickness.

I think Bi Soo gets his personality from his mom because they are pretty similar in the way they handle things. I was surprised by Bi Soo's suggestion to Joo In about just playing a different character/role each time her mom forgets her. I never thought it if like that before. 

On 4/18/2021 at 4:16 AM, SilverMoonTea said:

But his clothes not fit him perfectly, its too big 😅. And his hair messy. So felt a bit mismatch. 

Hahahaha!! I know, the pants kills me! I hate looking at them. :GengarPout:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm really confused with episode 9. Everything seems a bit disjointed. The pacing is all over the place -- the drama would introduce something and then quickly end it. 

With the ending of episode 9, did Han Bi Soo die in that car accident? Is that why he only has 49 days left? What's going on here?! :scaredpanda2:

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

I figured it was K.Will singing the cover of Kim Hyun Sik's song. The drama finally released the full version!

Han Bi Soo has accepted that he will only have 49 days left to live and is doing his best to make the most of it. At the beginning of the episode, he was really explosive and refused to believe this is happening to him. Han Bi Soo goes to see his mom and tells her he's aware of her illness. After he talked to his mom (love their relationship) about accepting one's fate, he didn't want to bathe in self pity and started cherishing his time with Joo In a little more. He even took her to the place they first met to change her memory of that place. 

By the way, one thing I appreciate about yesterday's strange episode was that Han Bi Soo's mom ended things with the step-dad. He is a self serving man and I'm glad she cut ties with him. I can't believe for 18 years, he threatened Han Bi Soo and made him feel all that guilt. The step dad was the one that had the affair but it was Han Bi Soo who carried the burden. I'm also glad that his mom share a little bit about his real dad with him too. 

I am going to prepare myself for an open or sad ending. I think it would be strange if Han Bi Soo suddenly is able to change his fate but it's not out of the realm of possibility considering all the strange scenarios that's come up in this drama already. 

@oppasaranghaeyo - I saw you writing about this drama in Oppa Tracker. Share your thoughts here too! 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

@Tofu I am up to speed. Caught both episodes at a go late last night. 

I was glad that In Joo did not drag the triangle longer than it should. When she showed her discomfort  at doing couple ads with bestie and also when she did not get mad at Bi Soo for ditching their dates and being pretty cold to her, it was clear where her heart lies. TBH, I was quite angry with Bi Soo for blowing her hot & cold , and pretty much throwing his temper at her when he was in pain. He is fortunate she is a very understanding & forgiving person. I understand that his childhood trauma has made it hard for him to communicate his feelings. He tend to bottle things up & it comes out wrong - but I am not sure if I can be as patient as In Joo.

Which brings me to why Bi Soo isn't dead yet.  We go back to the 1st episode of where he is knocked down but miraculously survives it. Why did that man save him? Is he angel of death. guardian angel, his actual father ???? Why give him this extended life only to take it away? Of course I can see that these extended days have brought him closure with regards to his mother and his stepfather (this man is just plan trash) But he now meets & falls for In Joo & she falls for him too - I think it will be very cruel to him , and especially to her when he has to leave her. 

• Like 2

Probably the only positive things I like from this week episode is just Bi Soo conversation with ahjussi music store owner. 

BS : How you feel if you know when you're going to die?

Ahjussi : It's good, at least you don't need to worry when you're going to die. 

I confirm the genre. This not romcom lols, I need to protest to Mydramalist. So much about life & death & sickness. And I dislike that the writer just throwing everything on the line at one go, and it's not that interesting. 

@TofuI might runaway from this drama lols. Let's see if next week you will see me here or not 😂 I'm contemplating.

• Haha 2

Stills for the upcoming episodes this week.

On 4/23/2021 at 12:26 AM, abs-oluteM said:

Why did that man save him? Is he angel of death. guardian angel, his actual father ???? Why give him this extended life only to take it away?

I hope we find out who he is this week too because this angel of death is bothering me a bit. :jiminbtssigh:

On 4/24/2021 at 10:51 AM, SilverMoonTea said:

This not romcom lols

It is definitely not rom-com. LOL!!

• Haha 2